main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Imperial Remnant Fan Club: Order & Justice For The Common Good

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Didn't not exist? Er...wasn't there a Vong at the very beginning of Dark Nest?

2. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    At the beginning of DN, Tahiri Veila is on Zonama Sekot still. I don't think that really counts, but yes, we do see some Vong interaction there.

Scut rules!

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Extolled on Sekot are referenced... worldshaping of Coruscant continually referenced... the World Brain features in Tempest... an Embrace of Pain features in Inferno... a world caught in the midst of worldshaping features in Millennium Falcon... the Yuuzhan Vong War is mentioned on and off throughout Fate of the Jedi but very little appearances of Vongformed worlds or tech, beyond that the underlevel's of Coruscant are still Vongformed... Scut features in Mercy Kill.

People forget how anti-Yuuzhan Vong we all were circa The Final Prophecy. The next planned post-NJO books i.e. the next twelve, thus reference the Vong War mildly. The Unifying Force blows everyone's expectations out of the water, and the Yuuzhan Vong are finally accepted into Star Wars by the majority of fans. Too late for Del Rey, which has planned ahead somewhat in response to feedback it had received from NJO.

Dark Horse, having had a little bit more time to watch the aftermath, uses the Yuuzhan Vong and uses them well in Legacy. Comics seem to have more flexibility than books, which cannot be helped by books.

This is my theory-oh, of course.

4. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Don't forget Seha Dorvald as a character who had her entire life shaped by the Vong War!

And I was anti-Vong starting with Vector Prime :) It's only now that they aren't all homicidal maniacs (which I could see starting with...Enemy Lines!) that I am excited to see them back.

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    We are kinda off topic :p but do you guys really feel like we've gotten enough new Yuuzhan Vong characters since the end of the NJO(not counting Legacy and Invasion)?

Also, Sinre, I was never anti-Vong. I loved the whole series but never arrived on the scene here until way after it was over.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I appreciate the Imperial Remnant.

I really didn't know what to think about the Yuuzhan Vong, I was intrigued more than anything else. I was very late to the NJO party because I was reading the NJO around the time most of the Denningverse was being written.

7. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    In terms of actual characters (not just references to Vongforming, technology, etc), have we had any besides Scut?
    (Not including the obvious appearance of YV on Zonama Sekot in Joiner King)

Anyway, no, I don't think we've had enough- but it also must be wicked hard to figure out how to handle the appearance of more YV in the post-NJO age. Mercy Kill gave a pretty harsh, but probably realistic, view on the reception of a YV by one who was active in the war. As far as we know, the Bothans are still vowed to hunt down and kill every last one of them, even though ar'krai and the hunt for Zonama Sekot haven't been brought up since early in LotF, I think.

And when it comes to galactic acceptance, I feel like the Remnant would be pretty far down the list, even in the age of less anti-alien prejudice.

Maybe they've joined the Empire of the Hand by now. Could that explain the EotH's sudden reappearance? :p

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    See i think a book about Bothans hunting the Vong would be pretty darn awesome.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreed there.

The Remnant redeemed itself at the Battle of Ithor, in my mind. Garqi was a start, but it was still a human world that used to belong to the Remnant. The oldtimers in the military seemed to dislike Pellaeon still (e.g. Wedge), but by the end of the Vong War the GA could not have won without it. Of course, keeping the Remnant on the straight and narrow has never been easy. Pellaeon kept them peaceful while rearming and creating nanotech superweapons... Fel kept the Moffs in line only for eight of them to side with Daala.

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    This is brilliant!

Darth_Kiryan and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    That's awesome! Is it supposed to be a specific battle or anything?
    Also- did I see a female TIE pilot?!? :D Guess this is the progressive wing of the fleet.

12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I want this to be a scene from maybe something to do with Orinda, but I have no clue.

And yes the female Tie Pilot is very cool.

13. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    It's very nice with sound and KotOR music :) I do feel bad for the poor X-Wing and Y-Wing pilots, though. It's really cool seeing TIE pilots as people, though - the visualization is very good.

I'm guessing it's probably sometime around the films - the Rebel ships are purely X and Y-Wings - though perhaps it's a really, really poorly funded and maintained supply fleet to a backwater base? Otherwise, where are the New Class ships, or even the A, B, and E-Wings?

14. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I think your probably right abotu the film setting, I just want more :p

Mitth_Fisto and Zeta1127 like this.
  15. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Oh, I'm definitely with you on wanting more. I would LOVE to have a game where you could fly an E-Wing. Or a K-Wing (silly as I think those things are). Or an Aleph. Or that YT bomber...really, any of the ships post-V-Wing-in-Rogue Squadron!

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I've been thinking more about the Imperial Election in 44 ABY, and I do consider it to be the foundation of the Second Empire even more; the Imperial Remnant did not represent all surviving Imperials, for example. The Imperial Core faction, based from the Deep Core, continued fighting after the Bastion Accords until 25 ABY, under the command of Daala and four of her Royal Guards. Daala herself never surrendered, and so we have the remnants of the Imperial Core continuing to be separate - as of the Imperial Election, Daala and her faction has to submit to the new Head of State; the Empire is completely reunified.

17. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Interesting - so do you think that Jag will run again in ten-twenty years, and become Emperor that way (with emergency powers or something)?

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I somehow doubt that we will ever see another Imperial election. Eventually Jag will be forced into the role in some way, shape or form.

19. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    If I had to guess right now, I would expect to see Jag swooping in to save the government in a period of extreme strife (perhaps related to the next galaxy-wide apocalyptic crisis, since we seem to have a new one every 10-20 years). Say Reige (or the next HoS after him) gets assassinated, massive Moff uprisings or something... *shrug*

Robimus likes this.
  20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    "The wisdom of my elders is something that weighs heavily when I am given to consider serious matters such as this. Your experiences, from before the death of the Emperor, through the period of the warlords to now, holding together this fragile new Empire, those are all of value. My experiences are few in comparison, since I was young when the Emperor perished. My coming of age was in the midst of the Rebellion. My family fled Imperial Center when it fell, and eventually arrived here, where I entered the Empire's service"

Perhaps, since my eyes were opened to the conflict only after the Empire's decline, I see things differently. I do not see through the lenses of fury, of pain and losses, and of melancholy over the past. I view what the New Republic has done, and while, I do not think they have done everything as well as they might, I am not blind to what they have done. Let us not forget that six years ago, had they wanted to, they could have crushed us. It was this Empire that had almost ripped them apart through treachery, and yet they did not punish all of us for the actions of a very few. They sued for and permitted us an honorable peace, as in evidenced by the fact that we have forces they can solicit for their aid.

This request they have made of Admiral Pellaeon is no trap, no threat. It is an honest request, one that they have made not because of how we see them, but how they see us. They have asked, not demanded. They see us as their equals, and if we do not see value in responding to that sort of overture, we are very blind and foolish, and deserved to be swallowed whole by them or these Yuuzhan Vong or anyone else."

Ephin Saretti addressing the Moff Council around 25 ABY.

Mitth_Fisto and imiller like this.
  21. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Nice! Saretti speech! Love that one!

22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Here's the Empire's EU Past and Future:

[​IMG]

I still can't believe there is no Pellaeon figure.....

23. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I like how you've picked the mostly noble Imps, significant exception of Isard...

24. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    I can just never get over the textual inaccuracy of the image of Thrawn with the ysalamir draped over his shoulders like it's a freaking python or something. Totally not how that worked.
    Is that a weird thing to be bothered by? At least it's not as bad as Caedus having too many arms in one of his new artwork depictions...

25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, the figure was done to match the comic art. Artistic impression and all :p

I personally think this Thrawn figure is much better than the first one from 1997.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.