main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Incredibles! SMT at Opening Night!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    If I remember correctly, there are some things on the menu that are quite reasonable, especially if you just have starters, like the mussels.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday.

2. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Cool thanks.

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I used a Jedi Mind Trick on Lori. Add her to the list.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    One thing I'll have to ask about is if they insist on one check for more than eight people. Hmm. Glad I thought of that.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Me, too. If so, I'll need to get some cash.

I just hope the waiter thinks he's a comedian. I do so love to watch Lin rip those types a new one. He does it with such style.

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I just hope the waiter thinks he's a comedian. I do so love to watch Lin rip those types a new one. He does it with such style.

Oh no. I don't do resteraunt "teh drama". Especially nice resteraunt "the drama". Too redneck.
    ;)

7. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Sign me up for both the movie and dinner! I promise I wont whoooo! at the girls this time like I did @ IHOP... I hope.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sure you won't, Sal.

9. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    I'll admit, I'm small minded and the Jedi Mind Trick worked on me. Plus, you guys are funny and I need to have a fun time without using every little bit of energy that I have accumulated over the past year. Mainly because my energy is gone for awhile. Hopefully, my voice will be back by then too.

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oy! I know what you mean! I think mine is finally coming back.

11. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    I still have my voice since all I was doing was whispering in the poeples ears as they tried to get up the courage to walk past me... I knew I couldnt be screaming since I need my voice to work... plus the whispering freaked out a bunch of folks specially the girls... except the one that said that sounded sexy... go figure.

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Just made reservations for Friday night at 9:30 at Bonefish. Didn't know what time we would get out of a 7 or 7:30 pm movie. They allow you to split checks up, we just need to let the server know before hand.

Having waited tables before I can tell you -

It is a PAIN doing separate checks with 10 or more people, especially when there are drinks involved or cocktails from the bar. So let's be prepared to get our order concise when ordering - don't do anything real complicated or When Harry Met Sally-ish... (Yes, I'd like the Pecan Trout, with the Pecan breading on the side, and instead of Trout, I'd like the Samon...you get the picture.) :p

And most of all we should be prepared to be patient, it sucks keeping all of that straight. I know we don't have anything to worry about from this group, but in my line of work and even with other friends, I have seen people act some real asses and come off looking real no class over the taste of the guacamole... :rolleyes: I've been guilty of it myself, but it was with a waiter at a steakhouse who didn't really care and wasn't a good server. You can tell when a waiter or waitress is trying...

Anyway, I digress. Sorry, I say (rant) all of this because I went to dinner the other night with a friend and SWORE I would never eat in public with them again, they almost had the waitress in tears.

13. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    That's not right. Why would anyone want to make a person cry? Esp. when they are trying the best. I feel sorry for waitors/waitresses, I could never be one. Too much stress.

14. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Rhonda,

don't forget what John said earlier -
    If you eat at the bone fish...ask for LISA COUCH....she works there and is a great waitress...that and she's my cousin. Tell her I (john) sent you!!!

so if we get the right server, we won't have any problems there.

Anyway, I think our main problem will be the single members of the group drooling over any attractive servers of the opposite sex...

-Joe

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I don't have bail money, Sal and Lin!!! :p

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Wait a sec... You went to dinner with Traci the other night!

What did she do this time? I hope another server didn't commit Hare-Kare.

:p

17. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Those looks Traci can give...scary boys and girls!

Don't worry- I'm usually very nice and polite to a waiter/waitress (the steakhouse guy was an exception!). I just ask that they don't try to be a comedian, keep my glass filled, and check to see if I need anything from time to time. I don't want them to hover, be my friend, ignore me, or let me go thirsty. They do that and I'll be very nice, patient, and tip 20%+.

As far as ripping new ones, you go out to eat with professional comedians and you pick up a few things! :)

And that waitress was hitting on BeetleJuice, not me!

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Not Traci, I went Sunday night also instead of staying home with the trick-or-treaters like I said I would.

I hate when that happens. :mad: There is no bigger way than to make an ass out of yourself than to berate "the help" at a nice resteraunt, just because you can. It's sad, but a lot of people do it (most of them friends of mine unfortunately (Not Lin!)). A lot of times these people are working at nice resteraunts because they are good and make more money than professional comedians. :eek: Usually the nicer places have better servers who know their food, wine and try to keep you happy. After all these people take home anywhere from $200 - $700 a night at some of the nicer places. ;) We can hope!

Wait a minute. Why the hell am I sitting at this desk job all day???

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I was just asking myself why I'm sitting here.

I wonder if Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is hiring?

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Those looks Traci can give...scary boys and girls!

I heard that. [face_mischief] But I've never made wait staff cry....they're in charge of my food. ;)

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    At IP, if we take a group of 20 - 25 people to a resteraunt it is usually $1500 - $2500 after food, wine, drinks, etc.

We usually tip 20 to 25 percent - that's around $250 - $500. ;) For one night. They certainly earn it by dealing with that many folks and usually it is split between two or three of them, but still. They have other tables.

22. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    OH! OH!! I wanna go!

Unless I'm no longer allowed since that nudism thing at the last outing. Sorry about that, folks, but I was hot. Can't I go this time? I'll keep my clothes on this time.

Jacob, what's an LDS? I understand LSD, and LED, but I don't understand the other thing. I make good milkshakes WITHOUT liquor in it. I don't like liquor, not for myself anyhow. Although, I'll pump it into Sigourney Weaver or Halle Berry or Beyonce if given the chance.

23. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    Kevin!!! Did you ever see our picture in the paper?!?!?! I found a paper after we left the haunt. I remember that picture being taken too. It was taken before I knew that that guy was from the Commercial Appeal.

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Kevin: Lucky for you Rhonda had the foresight to add one extra to the reservation.

25. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Kevin, LDS is the not-so-common abbreviation for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Most people call us the Mormons.

Interesting that you bring up LSD. Forgive the reference to those other geeks ;) . In Star Trek IV Kirk, talking about spock, tells the 20th century whale scientist that Spock did a little too much LDS in the sixties. LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.