main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Incredibles

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Ok, couple reasons to go see "The Incredibles" this weekend:

1) Pixar...can't go wrong!

2) ROTS teaser trailer "strongly suggested" to be running with the movie

3) we haven't gotten together for a movie in a long time

Saturday night (after Em and I go see "Phantom of the Opera") my family was thinking about going to see "The Incredibles"...who wants to meet us there? Valleyview anyone???

"The Incredibles" @ Valleyview
    Krash
    Padawan92
    ???
    ???

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    MOffy and I will also be going to see it on Saturday--out here in Toledo. Wish we could join you all. :)

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Oooo! Oooo! Pick me! :p

What time? Craft show (again) this weekend, it's over at 4, we should be done by 6, and I'll have my car with me.

If it's after 7 we are going to see it, count me in. :)

(And :p at Geoff and Emily for getting to see Phantom. :mad:)

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Unless something else comes up (and I'm still hoping it will) I should be able to join you on Saturday. Just tell me when.

5. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I'll be out of town this weekend have a great time. :D

6. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I talked to Paula today at the mall. She works from 1-5 she believes, and she really wants to go. (She's a Disney fan.)

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Groovy...

I'll check the showtimes for Saturday, guess-timate that with our leaving "Phantom of the Opera" and figure out when we should meet up.

8. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm not going to see the Incredibles (too "kiddy" for me, sorry) but where are you going to see Phantom of the Opera? If it's at Playhouse Square, you're in for a treat dude. I went there for the first time this past Monday to tour the place with my theater appreciation class, and got to see the actual Phantom stage...it's really nice and upscale. Hope you enjoy it, I've never seen it. But I think it's got opera or musical aspects to it, so, not my kind of play lol.

9. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    In my opinion, Phantom is LLoydd Webber's best work by far.
    And with his musicals, one thing that you can always count on is interesting or just out-and-out amazing staging.

BTW Reborn Jedi: It is a musical and it does have Opera in the title. What did you expect! :p

10. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Went to see Phantom of the Opera last Saturday night. Never seen it before and was looking forward to it. 15 minutes in I was looking for the remote control mumbing, "Change it, Butthead, change it!" It was horrible. Boring. Long. Did I mention boring? I could not have care less about anyone on stage. And there were plot holes big enough for a Star Destroyer to get through! My wife has seen it twice before and really enjoyed it before, and she fell asleep twice! If you're want to see it, do not go to the Cleveland performance.

11. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Awww... Kim... *sigh* Can't go with you on Phantom being his best work ever. Two words: Sunset Boulevard.

Yet again, another story that is so not his own, but yet, he stayed true to this one, unlike Phantom. I think it's musically superior to any of his other works. Oh, and it just rocks! ;) But hey... each their own.

I think we've talked about this one, have you heard it before? I can't remember if I saw it in your CDs.

Oh, I'm in for Incredibles too... Is there a sign up on JKOC.com?

-b-

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I called the theatre today, and they are showing The Incredibles on the digital screen at 12:30, 3:45, 7:20, and 10:05, and the ROTS trailer is with it on the digital screen.

I for one want to see it on the digital screen. :)

I also invited one of my classmates, but he doesn't get off work until 8:30, so unless we go to the 10:05 showing, he can't come.

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm on call at work until 4, so 10:05 would give me a chance to catch a little sleep if I actually have to stay awake all day.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Is there a sign up on JKOC.com?
    On the movie boards...in a way. I posted a topic and included the usual "copy/paste here" list.

10:05pm is too late...it'd be better to catch the 7:20pm show. Good news is, we go see the DLP showing...and get Don home with plenty of time for a good rest. Plus, if Paula and her husband are coming...it's be better to get everyoen home before midnight-1AM.

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I think I can still make it.

16. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    7:20 works better for me too...

-b-

EDIT: Oh! and... just in case:

Krash
    Padawan92
    BMack
    ???

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    OMG, "The Incredibles" was hilarious...PIXAR has done it again!

I met a couple people who are SW fans, and were there for the trialer. SO if you folks are checking this out...nice meeting everyone last night (don't forget to check out our website ;) )

I really think this Disney/Pixar francise has the potential to (like Toy Story) develop a cartoon series or at least a sequel. And I agree with BMack...the soundtrack is outstanding!

Frozone (Sam Jackson) wearing "high karate"...priceless!

Krash
    Padawan92
    BMack
    DonC
    JarJarJedi

BTW, "Phantom of the Opera" was excellent yesterday! I hate to say it GrnJalera, but you might have just caught a bad performance/off day?

18. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That movie was greatness!!! I wouldn't mind seeing it again! Not to mention seeing the trailer in the Digital was greatness as well!

19. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Ooo, I'm excited! For once in like, ever, the Apollo actually got a movie the week after it came out. :D So a bunch of us are seeing it on Thursday for $2. Happiness.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Dang, sounds liek we need to hang out in Oberlin more :eek: $2...we could see it almost 4X for what Valleyview costs (granted there is that whole DLP thing to consider)

21. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    The Incredibles was...well incredible!

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Best movie all year I must say. Saw it with my FF last week. I want to see it again.

We did chear after the trailer too. We are such nerds ;)

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Jedi_Lord_Windu...welcome back!

I agree, this movie is one of the best Pixar/Disney has put together. And this has plenty of potential for spin-off sequels and other stuff: games, TV shows, and dare i say it...comics? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.