main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Jade Prophecy - L/M, H/L Thank you to the readers!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hope to see all of you wonderful readers for the sequel!

I'll be there :D

2. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Yes, people make mistakes. But Han always falls back on the same old line. "She's a princess. I'm a low-life smuggler. I'm not good enough for her..."

Han needs to see that is so NOT the issue here. He seems to feel trapped in that persona, and is perhaps, subconciously, trying to live down to that.

Han definitely has his faults. He's uncouth. He's narrow minded. He fails to see the big picture of galatic events. He's short tempered. He probably has the most limited wardrobe in the galaxy since Darth Vader. However, he should be able to see that Leia DOES feel that he's good enough for her. Their most recent blow-up was caused by him failing to see what she's going through dealing with the outbreak of war, as well as trying to help Mara Jade. It was not caused by any inbred inferiority.

3. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Nothing wrong with a limited wardrobe...at least it's not a black pleather catsuit... :p

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Han is NOT uncouth! Just because YOU think so, doesn't mean other people think so! And maybe that IS the reason Han feels like a low-class person... BECAUSE PEOPLE THINK HE IS UNCOUTH! You are contradicting yourself here! You say he shouldn't have feelings of inferiority, yet you give a BIG list of all the things you FEEL are his faults! If people thought you were uncouth, you'd feel low-class, too!

And, if Han were narrow-minded, he would never have married Leia after finding out her father was Darth Vader, so there goes THAT argument. Not to mention, he allows his children to train as Jedi's. (without any arguments)

And I have told you in the past, NOTHING is more boring than BROWN JEDI ROBES!!

And, he willingly goes off to fight wars for the New Republic. Even before he "officially" joined, he risked his life continually for the Rebellion, and not just for the money, either! That is not seeing "the big picture"? Of course it is!! If he did not "see the big picture" he would tell the New Republic to take a flying leap when they asked him to go fight yet AGAIN!

And if someone paralyzed YOU, I doubt you'd be too happy if your family took them in, without asking your opinion. That is the problem in a nutshell, TJM... Leia NEVER asks Han! She just DOES things, and expects Han to accept it, no matter how he feels. His feelings and opinions SHOULD matter, and THAT is the reason for this latest blowup! There are two sides to every single fight!

EDIT - goes off to find blood pressure medicine.... :mad:

EDIT - I agree, he does have a short temper... so DO I!

5. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    Well I for one liked the ending. Very ESBish. Everything is uncertain and dark. The goodbye between Luke and Mara was especially tearful. :( Leia and Mara will probably do wonders for each other.

6. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    In the case of having Mara move in, I suspect Leia didn't have time to contact Han and talk it over with him. It was more of a spontaneous idea.

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    ?? So ?? It was still WRONG for her to decide this without his input! How would Leia feel if Han decided to invite one of his old smuggling buddies to move in "spontaneously"? I am sorry, TJM, but this was a MAJOR, life-altering decision, and Han deserved the consideration of being consulted! He is being treated like a guest in his own house, not a partner! Like I said, there are two sides to every argument, and Han's side is not necessarily the wrong side.

EDIT - Needs to go take a nap from all this Han-defending... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Hello Lady Padme,

Finally yesterday I finished reading JP from chapter 53 to 69. I thougth -O.K. from tomorrow I can up to date with the story- and I just found "THE END" line. What could I say it was really dramatic .
    Very well done as usual.

I have to tell you I wasn't a L/M fan at all but I liked your story very much. You managed to make me like them a little.

You had lef the whole gang in an unsolved situation war, emitional distress and all. I'm afraid that at the end of the story the Solo kids would be grown up without even meeting their parents.

Will Han and Leia "Goig out to Win" sometime in the future?

Zsuzsa

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    A-Windsor: Look forward to seeing you!

J_M_Bulldog: Look forward to seeing you, too. Who is Saber?

- Oh, and BTW, J_M_Bulldog has written a lovely missing scene song-fic vignette related to Han and Leia after Ralia's death. It's called All of Me Enjoy!

TorontoJediMaster: Chewbacca's combat pay, rank and such are not really intregal parts of the story. And in any case Chewbacca would do it even if he wasn't paid just out of loyalty to Han, and because of his life-debt.

As for the Han bashing, I'm really going to have to ask you to stop. It stopped being funny a while ago, and it's starting to get tiresome. A good portion of readers on this story are Han/Leia fans, myself included, and it's somewhat insulting to our intelligence when you keep hitting us over the head with the fact that you don't like our favorite character and pointing out all the things you don't like about him. It's clear that no matter what Han does it's not good enough for you, but you needn't keep beating the point to death. When the sequel comes out, by all means, you're welcome there, but I'd like to ask you to refrain from the Han baiting.

FreighterPilot: Great to see you again. In answer to your questions, Mara was attacked by a wild creature and when Han and Leia arrived on Cyronia to rescue Mara and Luke there was no time for them to collect any of Mara's things; Luke had her lightsaber on him at the time, so they managed to salvage that.

- And I'm glad you like the fact that Mon Mothma is dead :p

JediArwen: Hope all your tests turn out well. :)

GreatOne: * hands over cyber sedatives *

Also hands over cyber lifesize cardboard cutout of Han.

Sorry, I can't do better than that, but thanks for defending our Corellian boy :p

LaYa_: :)

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: What's pleather? Dare I ask? :eek:

joy_noel: * giggles insanely at the thought of Leia and Mara doing wonders for each other :p *

zsuzsa: Wow! Thank you so much for reading to the end. Great to see you still here :)

10. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Who is Saber? Hehe, how does one explain this? Oh, well. Saber is a creature I created for my L/M story. Saber is his name, the name of the creature he is, is dailachula. He's the pet of my OC and is trained to attack on command. Hehe, I threaten the characters of stories with him. :p

Oh, and thanks for the plug. Though, I still believe the praise should go to you.

11. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    hEY LP ihave an idea pm us when the sequal comes

12. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Han was a hot-blooded Corellian, and he needed attention both physical and emotional to sustain him. And she had given him precious little of either in the last several months.

Thinking back, I think these two sentences summarize pretty well why Han and Leia's relationship fell apart in TJP. The good thing is is that Leia is the one who made this observation. The bad thing is is that Han, despite his continued love for her, may no longer have an interest in dethawing the "Ice Princess". I look forward to reading "Phoenix", and in many ways, I hope it is Leia who does the wooing this time. Kind of a reverse situation of TESB. Don't post until you're good and ready. I have developed great patience!

13. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
  14. windkull

windkull Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    I'd just found this story, and believe it or not, I went and read all your stories before this to get the background for this, and only because I saw this had a L/M tag on it, hehe I enjoyed some of the best writing I've seen in fanfiction but had to suffer through all that Han Leia before a bit of Luke Mara was shown, and I'm still unfulfilled. I actually live in NYC... hmmm... where in Jersey are you... must refrain from going and beating up your computer more for losing the sequal! Wonderful story so far, Can't wait for more L/M action though!

15. Snowpea98

Snowpea98 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2004
    lol, wind, i feel the exact same. I have to endure the Han Leia stuff, but in the end, it's worth it for more L/M.

16. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    LadyPadme: How are things going on the sequel? I'm getting anxious to see if Han and Leia can patch things up before it is too late.

17. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

J_M_Bulldog: I still think your viggie was excellent!

1230kevin: Yikes! I'll try, but it may still be a while... :eek:

Solo_Fan: * laughs * I thought you said you had patience! And now you're anxious!

Well, the good news is that I've rewritten the lost stuff and I'm one chapter beyond where I was when the memory wipe occurred. The bad news is that my muse has been most uncooperative. I've been suffering from some real fanfic burnout--not only could I not get the interest to write, but I couldn't even get the interest to read. I think it's because I wrote 800+ pages of stuff in 18 months and needed a break. I'm slowly getting back into writing, but I can't promise when the sequel will be up. Thanks for the interest, though :)

Reesie: Thanks for the up!

windkull: Well, I'm glad you like the L/M, anyway. Thanks!

Snowpea98: Ditto. Thanks for reading :)

18. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    :eek: [face_tired] :D :D :D

OMG---if this does not win any awards for the Summer Pantheon, I'll take that arsenal myself and wreak vengeance!!! :mad:

No, really. [face_plain] [face_laugh]

My gosh, I can't believe it--I read this ENTIRE story in ONE NIGHT! *has long since lost circulation to buttocks* :eek: [face_blush] LP, you ROCK TO INFINITY!!! =D= [face_love] [:D] [face_dancing] :cool:

Words can't convey my satisfaction for this tremendous fic and all the sweat put into it! Uber-congrats on a superb job and MTFBWY on Phoenix! [-o| [face_peace]

*tosses roses* @};- @};- @};-

*then promptly falls over from sleep deprivation*

19. skywalker4life

skywalker4life Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2004
    I just finished reading your story. It was awesome! But when are you gonna post the sequel? Do you plan on writing the entire thing first, then posting?? That would be pure torture for us readers!! Maybe you could just post the first couple of chapters while you work on the rest? Please??

(anyways good job! thoroughly enjoyed it!)

20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

ThePariah: [face_blush] Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked the story :) Such enthusiasm makes all the time spent writing and agonizing over the story completely worth it!

skywalker4life: Thank you for reading, too. And... * grins * The sequel may be up sooner than I thought...

-- I'll update this thread when I get the sequel ready for posting :)

And...

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE NOMINATIONS!!!

Best AU, Drama, Action, Completed, and Canon Character (Mara Jade) :eek: !!!!

Sets out cookies for all my wonderful readers. :)

21. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    And to think you were worried about writing Mara, Jieh. ;) I'm so proud of you. :D [:D]

22. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    And... * grins * The sequel may be up sooner than I thought...

:D [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing] :D

What joyous news!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!

Good luck in the Awards!

23. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I think you more than deserved that Mara nomination (and the others as well) ;)

GOOD LUCK!

24. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Good luck, LadyPadme! ;)

You and your story deserve these nominations ;)

And I'm waiting for the sequel :p :D

25. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *bounces at the news of more story for the sequel* :D

Glad to hear you're back in the game, LP!

And congrats on all the noms and good luck :)

::Windstar Out::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.