main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Journals (JA#1-2,Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon,etc etc...)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by female_obi_wan, Dec 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Okay,there is little point in me doing this,since other people have done them far,far better,but even so...

This goes from JA to the OT,but JAs #3,#4,#5,#11 and #12 will have to wait since I don't own them yet.

The beginning is boring,it'll get better after the JA series when I can invent my own pre-TPM stuff. ^_^

Anyway,it goes one post Qui,one post Obi,etc etc etc. Maybe you'll get a post occaisionally from Siri or Xanatos or someone...or maybe not...I'll think about it...First post is Obi's.

Soo,without further ado:

The Journals

1: In The Beginning... [Obi]

I didn't think I'd ever have time for a journal. I'm not even sure where this one came from. It's just one of those things I've had for as long as I can remember. I think it was a present from my mother. But I don't know.
    But now I'm nearly thirteen,and I decided all of a sudden I wanted a journal. So it was a good thing I had this one.

What else is there to write? I'm twelve. I have blueish eyes. My hair seems to be either reddish or brown. I don't think it knows what colour it's meant to be,but I don't mind.

I have three best friends. Well,Bant Eerin is probably my best best friend,but the other two,Garen and Reeft,come pretty close. I also have one worst enemy,but let's not go into that.

Oh,and there's the really important thing that I didn't mention. I live at the Jedi Temple. I'm training to be one. I was taken from my parents when I was little. I think. I've never actually asked anyone about it.

Well,I guess that's it. Lightsabre class is in a few seconds.

Oh yes-my name. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    FOW,

Good start! The idea of a journal is interesting - I can for sure see Qui writing a journal - he just comes off as that kind of thoughtful man who would take the time to set his thoughts down on paper (and I see him actually writing, no datpad or anything). Anyways, I'll be looking forward to seeing where you take this. :)

Shaindl

3. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Excellent. Please continue. The motivation behind the actions are sometimes more important than the actions. This gives you a chance to realy stretch our favorite Jedi.

I too am looking forward to seeing Qui-Gon's entry.

Velvet

4. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Ahem. Some of the chapter titles run into another one. For example,Obi's first entry was titled 'In the Beginning'.. and Qui's first entry is '...which sprung from an end'. I just think it's cool. That's it. ^_^;;

The Journals

Which sprang from an end...[Qui]

I've written in journals all my life.

The one I used in childhood was a present from my mother. I can hardly remember her. But I can remember that she was beautiful.
    The journal was beautiful too. It's pages were gold, and my name was written in silver on the front. But I don't have it anymore. Years and years ago I was sent on a mission with some other Jedi. and the building we were staying in was bombed.
    I survived-many others did not. The journal didn't either.

The second one was a present from Xanatos. A birthday present. He spent a lot of time and money getting it and was so pleased when I liked it.

I threw it in a drawer this morning. I can't write this story in it.

I didn't even want to come home.

You don't know where to turn to after an apprentice turns. It's like a part of you, a part of your soul,suddenly fell into the hands of something evil.

And I don't know who to turn to. Not my best friend, not the Council,and certainly not Yoda. He might look like he's giving advice, but you can see the I-told-you-so in his eyes.

Which hurts,probably because it's true.

And not my old Master either. I don't know where he is half the time. I doubt he'd be able to give me anything other than a
    'Sorry' and I've heard enough sorries to last me a lifetime.
    It's the worst feeling in the world. It's like you and one you loved were suddenly seperated,and would never,ever meet
    again-not even at the end of your life. There is the Force,they said. But the force is not for the Jedi's mortal enemies.

Mortal enemies.

I wouldn't wish this grief on my worst enemy. And I've resolved to do everything in my power to stop it happening again.

I know it's not good now,but it'll get better later on. ^_^

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Actually, it's not bad at all. You have captured the slightly self-conscious attitude that most people adopt when they're just starting a journal - and you've drawn a nice parallel between the two, in the journal-as-a-gift-from-the-mother thing. This could get really interesting.

I'll look forward to seeing more. It's always a pleasure to hear a fresh voice, with a fresh interpretation of what might be an old theme - but is still a good one.

CYN

6. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Shaindl-thanks! Now,when's the next chapter of The Roads We Travel? ;)

Velvet_Elfin-Thank you too! Well,you got Qui-Gon's entry,now here's another Obi one. [face_smile]

CYNICAL21-Whoa...you reviewed my story? [face_shocked] Heh...sorry...it's just you're one of the Obi-fic writers I worship from afar/am jealous of. :D

Anyway...
    This fic appears to be taking shape in my notebook. I've got most of the stuff in there. Lesse...I have tons of (good!) stuff for JA#14-16,and the lightsabre duel in TPM,and a bit of other stuff...so if I stop updating this (Which I don't want to,but it's happened with other fics of mine) I'll put up those bits because I don't want to waste them. ^_^

Note: I know Bruck's lightsabre is apparently meant to be red-but it seemed strange to me,because it seems in the movies only Sith have the red 'sabres (alright,Xanatos keeps his red one,only because he's the next best thing to a Sith)so I gave Bruck a different colour. Call it artistic license. Or something.

The Journals

3: Can you see your reflection...[Obi]

That was fast. My second entry in the journal and things have already gone wrong.

You see,when a student turns thirteen, they'll have to leave the Temple. Unless they get chosen by a Jedi Knight to be his or her Padawan - you know,an apprentice-they'll be sent to the agri-corps. To be a farmer. And I don't know about some of the other people I know,but I don't want to be.

Now,in lightsabre training,I fought Bruck Chun. He's the 'worst enemy' I mentioned before.I know Jedi aren't supposed to have enemies or rivals. And I know this sounds really,really childish,but he started it. He called me an oaf. Oafy-Wan. I hate that name.

But don't think I hate Bruck-I don't. I just hate how cruel he is. Does that make sense?
    Bruck's strange. I've never seen him be anything but mean-once he chased Garen around the Temple for a reason I can't
    remember,and he called Bant a nasty name once,it made her cry-but he always seems to have a load of friends following him around. I've heard teachers-including Master Yoda-talk about how he has too much anger in him. And his 'sabre is pink. Garen thinks that's priceless. I think it looks more like red.

The fight went on for ages. Bruck kept taunting,and I was exhausted...and I wanted to beat him. To earn perhaps a tiny smidgen of respect from him. Yoda said something like "To defeat an enemy,you do not have to kill. Defeat the rage that burns in him,and he is your enemy no longer. Rage the true enemy is." Good advice-like everything Yoda says. But it didn't work.

Anyway,after we had fought, Yoda told us that a Jedi Knight was coming to the Temple to find a Padawan. Qui-Gon Jinn.
    I'd seen him before. Everyone says his last Padawan died in a terrible battle,and that he had vowed never to take on another.
    I didn't think he'd take me.

Yoda did say one another thing though,that he'd be sorry to lose such an apt pupil. I was surprised,but also grateful.
    Unfortunately, I think he was wrong on that one. An apt pupil probably wouldn't have done what I went and did next.

Yoda left,and me and Bruck were left alone in the room. He told me not to get my hopes up. He told me Yoda was only trying to make me feel better. Then he threw a probe at me,powered his lightsabre,and started another fight. He wanted to be Qui-Gon's Padawan,and wasn't going to let me get in the way.
    I can't remember all of what he said,or all of what I said,but as we fought,he taunted
    "You'll make a fine failure,Obi-Wan Kenobi!"
    Then the fight was over,and I went back to my quarters. Then the bad thing happened. I got a data pad. It said I leaving the Temple.

I nearly screamed in frustration. It's not fair! Wasn't and still isn't!

It turned out Bruck had set a trap for me. That fight after Yoda had left was the trap,and I'd walked blindly into it. Now
    everyone thinks I attacked him.

I nearly left without saying goodbye. Bant came to find me. I'll miss her almost more than all the o

7. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow Sarah this is a great start! ;) Really nice job you've done so far.

8. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    This skips over a lot of stuff. Actually,this chapter's just badly done. I think all the JA chapters are mostly going to be badly done,because I just read them for the Qui/Obi interations (alright,and Xani and Siri and a few of the others...) so I just skip over the actual plot,get bored writing all the 'and this was happening on this planet because of blahblahblah...' and get completely confused or bored. Sorry. -_-;;. I'll fling in a ton of flashbacks and pondering to make up for it...

The Journals

4: ...in the eyes... [Qui]

Yoda is still trying to convince me to take a Padawan. It's been ages. He thinks it'll help 'heal my soul'
    He has someone in mind,too. A human boy called Obi-Wan Kenobi. I watched him fight. I talked to him. He has,I've decided,got too much anger in him. And anger combined with my teaching is not a good match.
    The boy said I was his last chance to become a Jedi. What to say to that,I'm not sure. Yoda just does not understand. If I take
    another apprentice,and he turned,it would break my heart. how many people have had to turn againest their own child? How many people have been told,by their friends,that it's over,you tryed your hardest,there's nothing more you can do?

But back to the present. I am on my way to Bandomeer. And the boy,Obi-Wan,is going too. I have noted he seems to have a knack for trouble. He's already been beaten by a Hutt,come down with a fever and wound up in the sick bay. His wounds were too much for the medics to handle and I wound up sitting with him and helping him heal. And as I waited for him to wake
    up,I had nothing better to do but think.

'Sleep,Padawan. Everything will be all right.'
    'It's hot...'
    'I know,I know. Shhh.'
    'Goodnight,Master...'
    I touched his hand carefully. 'Goodnight,Xanatos.'

Well,that was a long time ago

Obi-Wan kept tossing and turning in his fever-induced sleep. I tryed not pay attention. When I was sick one year with
    something especially nasty,Xanatos had told me I babbled one for ages and made no sense. But he was muttering strange
    things, like 'I love you also...' and very quietly 'Please,Padawan...do not do this...'

That took me by surprise. Very much so. My mind told me to ignore it,but then I found myself reaching out a hand and pressing
    it to his forehead.

The boy stirred. 'die if you're not careful...' Then his eyes opened.
    "Don't try and speak." I told him. "You've had a bad fever,but I've taken care of it. Your wounds proved to be more than what
    the medics could handle."
    "Is it really you?" he asked dizzily.
    I smiled despite myself. "Yes,it's really me."
    I explained how we wound up on the same ship. I told him our futures lay along different paths. I could see how disappointed he was. I tried to ignore it.

Then we recieved a visitor. An Arconan. He wanted to see Obi-Wan, for because he had survived againest a Hutt, he he was
    considered a hero.
    "I think I'd better set you straight," Obi-Wan said. "First of all,it wasn't a great battle. The Hutt just picked me up and strangled me until I passed out. I'm no hero."

He is humble. He does not mislead people. Jedi traits...

I nearly wrote, 'Jedi traits these are!' Proof of how much time I've spent around Yoda. I respect him very,very much. But I wish he'd stay out of my head!

"That you survived at all is a credit." I said.

"Exactly." the Arconan said. "The Hutts inpire great terror in us. You showed strength and courage. We admire that. You are a hero."

Obi-Wan looked at me helplessly. I had to smile. I turned away to hide it,though. I do that a lot now.

So the boy is clearly brave. And strong. And able to make friends.

Get out of my head,Yoda.

...And he will make a friend out of you. ...

I just heard him say that. How is Yoda so sure,I'd like to know? Sometimes I wonder if he isn't a Sith Lord. Darth Yoda has a
    interesting ring to it.

"Our name is Si Treemba." the Arconan said. (Acronans always refer to themselves as 'we

9. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Yes,I will now UP my own thread. :D

Sorry.

10. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I just found this fic and I think it's great! I love the way you've written this and I'm looking forward to more.

Now, get up to the top!

11. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    The Journals
    5: ...of a person you meet...[Obi]

A few interesting things have happened.

Let's make a nice long list,shall we?

-I got on the ship to Bandomeer. I considered not going on the ship and not having to leave ever...but I did. Go on the ship.
    -I wandered onto 'Offworld turf' and got hopelessly beaten up by a Hutt. Really good start.
    -I met a woman called Clat'Ha. She seems nice. She told me about the 'war with Offworld'. Yep,that's right. I've wandered into a war. Lucky lucky me. She told me Offworld is one of the oldest and richest mining companies in the galaxy and people who got in their way tended to die. And no-one knows who owns the company,either. But the leader on the ship was a Hutt called Jemba. Jemba,according to her,keeps slaves and is connected to a 'accident' on Varristad where a quarter of a million people died. (I think she knew someone on Varristad...I could see it in her eyes.)
    She seems to accept the injustice that the Offworld people deal out. And when I asked her about it,the said to just accept it because it would be better that way. I disagreed.

And finally...

-I collapsed with a fever and when I woke up Qui-Gon was there.

Like I said,interesting. Qui-Gon told me he was on a mission for the Galatic Senate,and our missions had nothing to do with each other.

Well,I'm not giving up. Not yet. Actually,not ever.

Okay,that's easy to say in a journal...just not all that easy to say in 'reality'. But I will try not to give up.

Anyway...this whole war thing. I met a Arconan called Si Treemba. Then there was a brief confrontation with Jemba. The thermocoms that monitor the tunneler's hull temperature have been removed and the coring couplers have been rigged so they will not disengage. Or something like that. Basically,the Acronana's vehicles were sabotaged so that everyone inside would die if they used them.And everyone thinks Jemba is responsable. Well,Clat'Ha does anyway.

You know what? Jemba reminds me of Bruck. Perhaps Jemba is his great grand-uncle twice removed or something of the sort. Bruck always seemed the type to be related to a Hutt.

Anyway,after the aforementioned conflict,which nearly came to blows (Qui-Gon stopped them fighting each other. If I ever tried to break up a fight between anyone all I'd get would be a punch on the nose.) Clat'Ha ran out saying something about being close to war. Me,Qui-Gon and Si were still in the room,and I happened to mention that it shouldn't be hard to find out who really sabotaged the tunnelers. About the most I got out of Qui-Gon was a 'Stay out of it'.

The thing is,though,since I'm not really his apprentice and our missions have nothing to do with each other,I don't have to do as he tells me.

But I want to do what's right,because that's what I Jedi does. Even if I'm not really a Jedi anymore,am never meant to be,etc.etc.

Me and Si formed a plan to find the thermocoms ourselves. If we found them,we'd know who it was who'd sabotaged the tunnelers. Si will help me. I like Si. Acronans live all their lives in colonies and don't have a sense of indivual self-but I think Si does. Interesting,that.

So we're off on our hunt-see you later...

Next post's about Qui-Gon's parents...stay tuned...and review...etc etc..

12. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Page nine...okay,UP! ;)

13. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Okay,I sorted out the title,because I've decided that they'll be seperate threads for each one or two books,like when I've finished this one I'll start a new one for JAs3-4. And so on. OK? ;) It's more organized that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.