main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Last Samuari

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I saw this movie this evening. I have to say it could be the best movie I've ssen in the last year or so. That includes the "Two Towers". Anyway if you like a good action/drama I suggest you see this movie after it opens on the 5th of December

2. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I'd like to see it. Tom had to do a lot of sword training from what I hear and he's pretty stinkin' good!

I was at B & N the other day, though, and the soundtrack is awesome!!!

3. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    The soundtrack may have been the best part of the movie, but everything was good. I didnt think there would be a movie that could challenge Return of the King for best picture this year, but this could be it.

4. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    I have heard only good things about this movie. I can't wait to see it. Better then "Return of the King" that I don't know.

5. GeneralAntillies111

GeneralAntillies111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    Geez, More non Star Wars Movie conversation.

6. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    Definately a very good depiction of Samurai... wrapped in a very well done movie. Most worth seeing.

Return of the King will be a very different movie... so I'm sure both will be phenominal in their own rights.

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    General, just look at the other jedi council threads from other Fan Forces and you will see that they are all like this. This is a place to discuss ideas and tell each other things about our various interests up to and including all things Star Wars. So please try to be more understanding of what these threads are all about. Thank You.

8. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    It looks like a good movie...but do you really think it will be better than TROTK? I have a feeling that will be the best movie of the year.

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I thought ROTK would be to, and it it still could be, but one must have an open mind to other things. I went and saw this moviw with little expectation and ended up seeing what very well could be one of the best movies I've ever seen. I can tell you for sure on Dec. 17th.

10. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    Yeah December 16th/17th can't wait, only to weeks to go!

11. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    ya General, what the Commander said. If you have a problem with non-SW topics, you're more than welcome to not visit the boards...

edit: that might sound a little harsh, but that's life...

12. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Despite how good this film may have been, I only hope to God that LOTR:TROTK wins the ocscar this year...I mean for goodness sakes they've earned it I'd say! But I'm not getting my hopes up because it's just like the Academy to choose a lesser film, just like the last two years.

13. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Qui Gonn, there can be better movies than LOTR. Like Episode 3(fingers crossed). Remember that Star Wars has won exactly zero best picture awards. That doesn't make it any less does it?

14. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I saw this movie again last night. I have to say it lost a little luster, but it is still a damn good ,ovie everyone should see in the theater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.