main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends THE LIVING FORCE (NJO: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, Tahiri, H/L, L/M, Kyp, more) Completed 1/7/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Jun 21, 2004.

1. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah, the trailer might be better than the fic

I doubt that. :rolleyes:

2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Can't wait for it! I still get jitters when I read that trailer.

3. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Hopefully in October... though that's looking iffy.

Take your time. I don't mind waiting. :) You did wait a long while for me to post my fic.

It's going to be a series of 4 fics that follow this storyline

:eek: Even better! :cool:

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter 36

"The tsik vai..." Callista murmured. "It used its dovin basals to intercept the canisters."

Han breathed a sigh of relief but it was quickly killed by Raynar Thul, sweat freely streaming down his face because of his close haircut. "If the Yuuzhan Vong only used the dovin basals to catch them like a tractor beam, it might still spread, perhaps even better than if it landed somewhere in the city. This way it will be the warriors handling it directly."

Ooh! Raise our hopes and then douse them, won't you! Grrrrrr!

Nas Choka wasn't sure what to make of the bizarre and cowardly attack by the infidels. However, he knew he could not deal with it while the battle was still raging in space. The taste of victory was in his mouth and he knew the enemy fleet was nearly surrounded.

"Quarantine the tsik vai with the devices and contact Supreme Overlord Shimrra-- this is his domain; he will know what to do."

Sensible fella, old Nas.

Luke looked coolly at Wedge, clearly hurt by the decision to abandon the living world and subsequently, leave his young son unprotected. Wedge suspected the Jedi Master was upset because he knew it was the right decision and the only real one for Sovv or any of the other fleet leaders.

Yep - that's our Wedge all right. Still able to see war from both sides.

Either way, it was clear the Force was drawing he and Tahiri together for some purpose and Anakin found the thought comforting, and it stiffened his resolve.
    Down boy. ;)

Somehow I must have read this chapter and chapter 35 as one in my previous review - so I'll just reiterate that the healing scene was great. Anakin still needs to think about Ikrit's words though. LOL Anyway - noted down some more of the pieces I liked from chapter 36.

Chapter 37

"Yeah," Han answered gruffly, rubbing his wrists and stretching his arms out when Leia managed to undo the cable. "I think my face broke my fall."

Leia saw a crescent-shaped gash cutting through the end of Han's left eyebrow and some bruising around the eye and blood. "I'm so sorry, Han," she whispered gently, touching his battered face.

"I'd say it wasn't your fault, but this time, it definitely is," Han chided, "and now look what you've done to my ship."

Uh-oh! Leia's in for it now. The Falcon is to Han as blue suede shoes are to Elvis. ;)

... But she'd allowed it all. She let it happen because she needed it-- she needed to feel power... she needed control.
    Interesting that Leia has probably experienced exactly what her father did.

Standing where Welk had been was Raynar Thul, his green lightsaber humming loudly after skewering the Dark Jedi. Sweat was staining his face and he was breathing heavily, but Raynar looked... relieved... as if a great burden had been lifted from his shoulders. He had chosen to save Leia rather than follow the Potentium... Leia hoped it was that and not the hatred he must have felt for Welk after the horrid way the former Shadow Academy student always treated him.
    I agree with Leia. Revenge is not for Jedi. Great battle scene with Leia and Han fighting together. =D=

Had she enjoyed killing Lomi? Had she wanted it? It was all such a blur, her one attack coming in the heat of the moment.

"Callista... was right about you," Lomi gasped again, her eyes beginning to take on a glassy quality and appeared more distant. Leia didn't ask what Lomi meant, but the Dathomirian answered the unspoken question anyway. "You will be the most powerful Jedi, Leia. The true Jedi... if you choose to be."

Leia's battles aren't over I can see. Now she has a psychological battle which may be harder than a physical one. Great angst.

"What makes you think we can survive Yuuzhan Vong imprisonment?"

Han looked deadly serious as he stared down at his wife. "Jacen and Anakin did it-- I guess it's our turn."

Good old Han - always pragmatic . . . but has he made an error this time???? Oooooh! Tension.

And poor Co

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    JoD: I doubt that.

You have such faith ;)

Briman: Can't wait for it! I still get jitters when I read that trailer.

:cool: That's great, I'm glad you're excited. Thanks :D

JoD: Take your time. I don't mind waiting. You did wait a long while for me to post my fic.

That's true [face_thinking]

Even better!

:cool:

Tahi: Chapter 36
    Ooh! Raise our hopes and then douse them, won't you! Grrrrrr!

Yeah, I like doing that *laughs* [face_devil]

Sensible fella, old Nas.

He's no fool ;)

Down boy.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Somehow I must have read this chapter and chapter 35 as one in my previous review - so I'll just reiterate that the healing scene was great. Anakin still needs to think about Ikrit's words though. LOL Anyway - noted down some more of the pieces I liked from chapter 36.

No worries, I'm glad you liked it :D

Chapter 37
    Uh-oh! Leia's in for it now. The Falcon is to Han as blue suede shoes are to Elvis.

[face_laugh] Now we'll find out which one he loves more.

Interesting that Leia has probably experienced exactly what her father did.

I guess so :) I didn't know that at the time, but I guess you're right.

I agree with Leia. Revenge is not for Jedi. Great battle scene with Leia and Han fighting together.

Glad you liked it. Yeah, it's nice to have Han and Leia on the same side again.

Had she enjoyed killing Lomi? Had she wanted it? It was all such a blur, her one attack coming in the heat of the moment.

Leia's battles aren't over I can see. Now she has a psychological battle which may be harder than a physical one. Great angst.

Yeah, hopefully this will be her motivation to become a fully-trained Jedi.

Good old Han - always pragmatic . . . but has he made an error this time???? Oooooh! Tension.

He always thinks he can get out of anything ;)

And poor Corran.

Yeah :(

Methinks somebody's pride comes before a fall. And the bigger they are . . . .

He's actually small for a Yuuzhan Vong [face_mischief]

I get the feeling that Shimrra's claims are like Jabba's in RotJ - about to be used to shoot him in the foot, or choke him. LOL

You'll see ;)

Thanks for reading, Tahi :)

Okay, I am moving along on my fic and am 15 chapters in and about 200 pages. For a teaser, here's a list of the planets you can expect to see in the order of their appearance (I think):

Denon
    Sullust
    Rivisa 6 (original)
    Ossus
    Naboo
    Zonama Sekot
    Kuat
    Hapes
    Nirauan
    Nar Shaddaa
    Thyferra
    Csilla
    Dantooine

I don't know what that tells you, but maybe you can draw something from it [face_mischief]

I'm still looking for a title, but Thrawn McEwok Suggested Legacy of the Sith for the series, which I like, but it seems there are already a few "Legacy of the Force" titled fics up and I'm afraid it would get confusing :p If anyone has any ideas, feel free to post or PM them to me :)

Edited to complete planets' list.

6. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Awesome, I like the fact that Naboo is in there.

I'm one of the Legacy guys actually [face_blush]

7. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Title ideas? Footsteps of the Sith? Whispers from the Darkness? Beyond the Shadows? Revenge of the Sith - oops that one's been taken. ;)

Getting up some speed now. :)
    Chapter 38

"Is this fella serious?" Booster Terrik asked in disbelief. "Coruscant was ours and they stole it."

"Maybe you haven't noticed," Talon Karrde explained, "but they're deranged."

Heh heh - those two are a hoot.

Gilad Pellaeon put his hands up to silence the group, clearly taking the diplomatic approach. "Perhaps if we all have a clear idea of what this Place of Sacrifice is, we can make an informed decision on how to proceed. If the location give a strategic advantage or disadvantage, it may make things clearer."
    Good old Pellaeon. Imperial he may be but he's worth his weight in gold.

There was once a time when the Far Outsiders thrived on this world. My memory of that period is far from complete, but what I felt in Tahiri brought back an undeniable truth hovering in my subconscious-- the Yuuzhan Vong are familiar to me because they were once here."
    Aha - ZS is beginning to figure itself out.

8. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    "Peril from the Shadows" is my title idea.

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Briman: Awesome, I like the fact that Naboo is in there.

So do I, and it's a pretty happy scene too ;)

I'm one of the Legacy guys actually

I didn't mean it as a condemnation ;) Just don't want to make all the stories blend too much out of respect for those of you with "Legacy of the" titles. I'm still considering it though :p

Tahi: Title ideas? Footsteps of the Sith? Whispers from the Darkness? Beyond the Shadows? Revenge of the Sith - oops that one's been taken.

Taken, but I like it ;) Thanks, Tahi :)

Getting up some speed now.
    Chapter 38
    Heh heh - those two are a hoot.

Yes, I love the Smuggling crowd ;)

Good old Pellaeon. Imperial he may be but he's worth his weight in gold.

Yeah, I wish we saw more of him lately. Always loved that guy.

Aha - ZS is beginning to figure itself out.

Yup :D

Thanks for reading :)

evil-twin: "Peril from the Shadows" is my title idea.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I decided on the final planet. It will be Nar Shaddaa :D

I should have a teaser dramatis up in a few days and I'm still hoping to post the fice very soon.

10. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Don´t forget to post it on your last fic in the series, too. :p I´ve been waiting for a reply from you there for the last week and a half... seems you have forgotten to check the thread out. :)

Magnus

11. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    I should have a teaser dramatis up in a few days and I'm still hoping to post the fice very soon.

Looking forward to it; I'm expecting cannon characters and possibly a few originals of your own. I guess we'l see soon enough.

12. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hi Wes :)

Finally ... w00t ... I reached the last part of this trilogy
    I am looking forward to the next five hundred and something pages

*straps in for the ride*

*hopes that the crash webbing will hold her tight*

Dramatis Personae

:eek: 87 people *blinks*
    that?s quite a list :p
    you sure you haven?t forgotten someone? ;) :p

Chapter 1: Arrival

Jacen Solo's head broke the surface of the frigid waters and he looked up at the night sky for the first time since diving in hours before. The stars shone in the Mon Calamari sky like welcoming candles in winter, and through the Force, he could see torrents of orange and blue nebula. Space was vast, and seemingly empty to most, but with the Force, he could feel how full of life it all was.

oh my ... I just wrote something very similar ... Force and space and not being empty in the Force :D

It was coming.

Zonama Sekot w00t :D

a nice summary of what happened before ...
    it really must have been hard to tell Mirax what happened with Corran *sniffs*
    you really killed him off *sniffs*

Chapter 2: The Hall of Confluence

It was then that Shimrra escalated him to Drathul's former position-- not just a high perfect, but the high perfect. It was believed that Nom Anor had fought bravely against the Jedi in the palace, while in truth, he hid and waited until the Jedi had escaped. When he saw Drathul injured, he jumped on the opportunity.

hah! He is such a coward ... always was and always will be :p

"So enters one that I would not stand for,
    But Shimrra shows mercy for High Perfect Nom Anor."

*rofl*
    Onimi ... w00t

While the priests claimed it was a sign the gods were displeased with the Yuuzhan Vong, Nom Anor knew it was because of something Jacen Solo had done. His train of thought was broken as Onimi began to speak.

so sithly :p ;)

"Cold has stilled Yuuzhan'tar's soul
    As the World Brain defies control.
    Upper castes yield lower faith,
    With withered wills, expands disgrace.

"The heretics shed blood in this palace,
    While the elite readily open and spill like a chalice.
    Two were lost to the treasonous hoard
    And a third was slain on the Jeedai's sword."

"The shapers have failed in every attempt
    And continue to garnish Shimrra's contempt.
    Warriors, so strong and brave,
    Unable to control our pilot-slaves.

"And priests who preach of the True Way,
    Has their leader's faith begun to sway?
    Jakan gone and Tsavong dead,
    Yet steady is our Lord of Dread.

"Our Lord Shimrra, hand of the creator,
    Whose fingers pin, and push, and crush, all elitist traitors.
    The galaxy his grasp has met,
    And his thumb will squelch the Jeedai threat."

=D= =D= wonderful done =D= =D=

As Onimi finished his rhyme, he gave a deep bow, then spun around wildly on all fours, rags twirling on his bones. Finishing his second spin, he retreated back to the foot of Shimrra's throne. The Supreme Overlord chuckled deeply, clearly pleased with his familiar's performance.

he acts like a dog :p

Shimrra's prism gaze found its way to Nas Choka. The warmaster's face tensed and contorted-- Nom Anor knew the Supreme Overlord was applying pressure to Nas Choka's mind. Nom Anor didn't understand how Shimrra was able to accomplish this, but he'd felt it for the first time before the Battle of Ebaq and dreaded the experience. It was clear that Shimrra could see into your soul and that your thoughts were transparent to him. No one dared lie to the Supreme Overlord.

he is using the force? A mind controlling living thingy? o_O [face_thinking]

"Nas Choka seeks to justify,
    A victory in losses' eyes."

[face_laugh] Onimi is funny [face_laugh]

They finally made their way to the end of the tunnel, and just as Nom Anor thought he couldn't take anymore of the slow pace, the portal to the wing opened and the frigid air began to flood inside. The High Perfect felt his skin and bones chill as he stepped out of Shimrra's ship onto the ra

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Magnuskn: Don´t forget to post it on your last fic in the series, too. :p

Good idea :)

I´ve been waiting for a reply from you there for the last week and a half... seems you have forgotten to check the thread out.

Sorry about that [face_blush] I try and space out replies to different threads so I'm not upping everyone of my stories to the first page on the same day.

I replied a couple days ago though :)

FORCEBlLADE: Looking forward to it; I'm expecting cannon characters and possibly a few originals of your own. I guess we'l see soon enough.

Yup, you're got it ;) Some of the canon characters have different titles as well :D

Maggy: Hi Wes
    Finally ... w00t ... I reached the last part of this trilogy
    I am looking forward to the next five hundred and something pages
    *straps in for the ride*
    *hopes that the crash webbing will hold her tight*

Hehe, it's quite a journey. Hope it's worth it ;)

87 people *blinks*
    that?s quite a list
    you sure you haven?t forgotten someone?

Actually there were people intentionally left off so I wouldn't ruin some surprises ;)

oh my ... I just wrote something very similar ... Force and space and not being empty in the Force

Cool :cool:

a nice summary of what happened before ...
    it really must have been hard to tell Mirax what happened with Corran *sniffs*
    you really killed him off *sniffs*

Yes, I'm sure it was very sad :(

hah! He is such a coward ... always was and always will be

Exactly ;)

*rofl*
    Onimi ... w00t

:D

wonderful done

*Bows* :) :p

he acts like a dog

Yeah [face_thinking]

he is using the force? A mind controlling living thingy?

Could be ;)

how surprising
    *giggles*
    I like the idea ... I am curious how they will fight against that

Salt and shovels :p

wonderful done, w00t
    more coming laters ...

Thank you :)

Okay, now for fic annoucements. I think I have settled on a title for the new fic but I'll wait to announce it until I'm 100% and also when I have a series title :p Until then, here is a near complete dramatis. Characters who are new to this storyline are in red and characters from Empire of the Hand are in blue:

Dramatis Personae

Ackbar; retired Admiral (male Mon Calamari)
    Aero Gin; bounty hunter (female, species unknown)
    Alema Rar; Jedi Kight (female Twi'lek)
    Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Ayddar Nylykerka; intelligence director (male Tammarian)
    Baliss Phlora; tulan farmer (female Human)
    Ben Skywalker; child (male Human)
    Booster Terrik; captain, Errant Venture (male Human)
    Brosh; commander of Thrawn's household phalanx (male Chiss)
    C-3PO; protocol droid
    Cakhmain; Leia's bodygaurd (male Noghri)
    Cal Omas; Chief of State (male Human)
    Callista Ming; former Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Cenn Stellwart; GFI security officer (male Human)
    Cilghal; Jedi Master (female Mon Calamari)
    Cordoba; crimelord (male Hutt)
    Danni Quee; scientist (female Human)
    Darak; assistant to the Magister (female Ferroan)
    Evlyn Tabory; agent to the Chief Syndic (female Human)
    Faybol; unknown (male, unknown species)
    Fyor Rodan; senator (male Human)
    Garm Bel Iblis; general (male Human)
    Gavin Darklighter; general (male Human)
    Gilad Pellaeon; Grand Admiral (male Human)
    Goresh Tenziesh; commander (male Vagaari)
    Han Solo; captain, Millennium Falcon (male Human)
    Isolder; Hapan Prince (male Human)
    Jacen Solo; Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Jagged Fel; commander, Vanguard Squadron (male Human)
    Jaina Solo; Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Jysella Horn; Jedi Apprentice (female Human)
    Kenth Hamner; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Kol Rénin; general, Raithian

14. FORCEBlLADE

Mar 2, 2003
    Long one as I expected. You've got Leia down as a Jedi Knight, nice.(They waited to do it until the end of DN in cannon). Lando's a senator?! That's a title I didn't expect for him.

15. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Man, I cannot wait! [face_dancing]

16. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Hehe, it's quite a journey. Hope it's worth it ;)

it was worth the other two why not this one too? :p

Actually there were people intentionally left off so I wouldn't ruin some surprises ;)

*blinks* that?s possible :p

Salt and shovels :p

*rofl*

Chapter 3: Bounty Hunter

Ganz Beraflar

that will be a hilarious story with this name ... I always read Gans what means in English goose *rofl*
    okay I admit it when I first read it I thought it is a planet :p (ganz = whole)

"Well make sure your buddy knows it too," Ganz snapped, pointing at the Rodian who'd signed up along with Swan, controlling the pair of repulsor crates.

o_O [face_mischief]

As Swan rolled away from the crate and the lids slid open, Ganz, panicked by her sudden movements, loosed a blaster bolt at the fleeing woman. The bolt went wide and struck the side of crate N-71 before a bright amethyst light erupted from the now open crate. Ganz didn't see the man who'd been hidden inside the crate emerge, or see him leap out-- but he did feel the heavy boot plant itself in his chest before he toppled hard to the floor.
    "It's Anakin Solo!"

w00t :D

cool :D

"What is it, Remsy?" Dest Ornax asked as he peered over the Twi'lek's shoulder to get a look at what had drawn the Peace Brigader's attention.

not lucky, isn?t he :p

Jaina shook her head and brushed some of her long hair away from her face. "He'll be going for his ship; dad will get him."

*giggles* that was for sure that Han is somewhere near :p

Suddenly the Lunge's landing ramp came down and the face Dest had feared for two months came into view. Aiming an ancient DL-44 at Dest, Han Solo scowled-- it was a trap. They knew Dest would come here and they'd been ready for him. More angering, they'd been inside his ship...

what an entry :D

"So this is the dirt bag," a smooth voice said from behind. Dest turned his head enough to see a middle-aged man with dark skin and a neat mustache, dressed in some very expensive garments and a tan cape. "Hard to believe a scrawny little wamp rat like this could have captured Leia."

Lando? :D

"My goodness," said a prissy droid voice from inside the Lunge, using the cockpit comm that a pilot would use to communicate with the hanger's control. "Captain Solo? Did I hit the right button? I couldn?t see; did I get him? Did I get him?"

*rofl*
    *falls from chair laughing*

He would have smiled if his face didn't hurt so much from Han Solo's assault.

huh?! lucky though :p

"All right, but be careful," Han ordered. "This guy has almost as many tricks up his sleeve as me."

*rofl*
    Han has three Jedi kids up his sleeve that?s the main difference :p
    *rofl*

great hunt, cool action
    and they got him with something which remind me of Anakins and Obis hunt of the assassin in AotC ;)

Chapter 4: Unfinished Business

"Yes; it Councilor Triebakk and one of his assistants," Cenn confirmed.

oh o_O

[He will be fine] Triebakk assured. [You saved our lives; we are indebted to you]

:eek: :D

"Not unless you can keep Scaur from finding out about all of this," she replied dryly.

*rofl* probably not :p

Luke stared in awe at the boy, who seemed to be growing in front of his eyes. There was a great feeling of remorse as well-- Luke and Mara had missed so much of the boy's life. When Ben spoke his first words or took his first steps, they'd been off fighting the war or searching for Zonama Sekot. They were years and moments that he could never get back.

:eek: nah nah nah ... that?s not possible [face_not_talking]

"A problem with one of the students to be more specific," Tionne clarified.

[face_thinking] Valin [face_mischief]

"Bu-bye, Mama!" Bu-bye Dadda," Ben said, looking sad.

so cute :D

"I don't think that is going to be very important anymore, Mara," Luke sa

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter 39

This is my third attempt to sit down uninterrupted and read this! Here's hoping.

That evil Nom Anor - grrrrr! Some people are just charmed with good luck.

"It wasn't my decision, but what choice do we have?" Kyp asked, sitting down on the hard road. He was exhausted, couldn't remember when he'd last slept for more than two hours, and he just wanted to get off his feet. Many of the others did the same, except the fourteen stormtroopers who felt the need to stand at attention at all times.
    Hee hee - old habits die hard.

All eyes were on him as he looked intently at the heretics, sensing that they would follow him anywhere. His jaw clenched as he let the Force flow through him and could feel it coursing in his sister and Tahiri. And he shouted in Yuuzhan Vong, his voice amplified with the aid of the Force, dripping with defiance.

"May the Force be with you!"

They all understood-- the phrase they'd passed around as a prayer to the Jedi. Anakin had taught them of the Force in the short time he was with the Shamed Ones in Yu'shaa's compound. He bound them together with the Force as he could feel his uncles, Kyp, and other Jedi using for battle meditation elsewhere... but he was the only one who could do this. The only one who could sense the Yuuzhan Vong within the Force, the only one who could use it to sharpen their reflexes, coordination, and turn chance into their favor. The Shamed Ones understood without another word. He brought his lightsaber down to a shoulder-high guard, a few locks of brown hair falling just above his right eye.

Anakin charged.

Woohoo! Loved that scene, especially the whole idea of Anakin, Tahiri and Jaina working together to be "stronger than the sum of their parts." Great image of Anakin at the end.

Before Han could answer, an Arcona slave who'd been rudely listening to their conversation interrupted with his own thought on Shada's question.

"It is the Place of Sacrifice we are held under, friends," Arcona began. "Shimrra means to execute us all to please the gods in an elaborate ceremony."

Party pooper!

I liked the way you showed Jaina living up to her name as the "sword of the Jedi", too. Good to see these prophecies coming to fruition. I felt cheated by the NJO as far as that was concerned.

The vision of Tahiri becoming a Yuuzhan Vong warrior had probably been put to rest when he rescued her on Yavin 4, or at least when Jaina helped the young woman through her joining
    Yep - I guess the vision of a possible future acted as a stimulus to make both Anakin and Jaina want to change it. I guess that is sometimes what visions are for.

"What is it?" Tahiri shouted to him over the sounds of battle, sensing Anakin's sudden anger.

It will burn you.

Ikrit's voice echoed in his mind, as he remembered the Jedi Master's warning about anger. He quickly used a Jedi calming technique to temper his rage-- he wouldn't let himself hate Nom Anor no matter what he did. Anakin served the Force-- he did not feed off of raw emotion.

Yay! Good old Anakin. In a sense he's making up for what his grandad was incapable of.

Ooh - Anakin almost got that tricky Nom Anor. Almost - but not quite.

What she found was that Corran Horn feared the virus because he didn't want to see the Yuuzhan Vong destroyed. Such compassion was yet another example of why the Yuuzhan Vong so despised the infidels, yet it was an example of the selflessness of Yun-Yuuzhan, who'd given of himself to create.
    I liked the dilemma that this posed for Fen Kwaad. Brave of her to use the jammer - it being an infidel weapon.

Poor old Corran - tortured to near death and then they turn around and ask for his help. Ain't the life of a Jedi tough!

Excellent chapter - really enjoyed it. :)

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    I saw the title of Chap 6 and Corran is alive :D
    he has to [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Chapter 5: Gray Truth

She was standing in the long cockpit while two pilots worked the systems and she stared out the transpersteel. A thick black robe covered the gray uniform of her new order and her auburn tresses were braided behind her head. A touch of rose still colored her milk white skin and beautiful brown eyes seemed to keep her round face in balance.

:eek: how?

Callista nodded. "I am pleased to hear that, My Apprentice."

oh...

"Then it is time," Callista said. "It is time to reclaim this galaxy and wipe the invaders and their taint from it forever."

insane!

Chapter 6: The Prisoner

or the wonderful return of Corran Horn :D
    he is missing in your list (dramatis personae) :p ;)

[face_worried] he doesn?t look good though

Fen Kwaad's headdress twinned in fear and she nervously stretched the digits of here adept's shaper hand. "No, My Lord. I am inexperienced. I saw my Masters qahsa, but as you know, it was a different adept who assisted in the shaping of Anakin Solo-- I knew little of it. I can't even seem to map this Jeedai's neural pathways or get him to perform any telekinesis. I have failed."

*rofl*
    stupid thing that he can?t do that even in his best shape :p

"No," Fen Kwaad insisted. "This appears to be a base where they hide the Jeedai children-- the next generation of our enemies. Corran Horn knows the base as the Maw Installation."

darn!

"This is most excellent, Adept. Finally, a way for us to strike back for the loss of the ship womb at Sernpidal. Their young will now suffer."

you seem to have something against the Jedi kids :p ;) [:D]

Shimrra's eyes gleamed and focused in yellow and purple. "Because you already know," he answered simply.

teehee

Chapter 7: The End of a Search

"Well, he'll probably give it to me," Anakin said, trying hard not to laugh.
    "What?" Jaina asked incredulously. "Why would he do that?"
    "Well, he didn't get me anything for my last two birthdays," Anakin explained.

*rofl*

sweet interaction :D

"Well, I think Threepio's talking days may be near an end," Lando countered, smirking slightly. "After than shot from the Lunge's forward lasers that got Ornax's droid, I think he just might become a great assassin droid."

*rofl*

nice to see Droma :D

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't get all mushy; it's the least we can do for you guys."

he is so sweet :D

"Nah, I guess I'll take the first one," Lando replied after glancing at the gold protocol droid.

*rofl*

Chapter 8: The Jedi Council

I like that you write this from Kyps view :D

The President sighed. "That may be the most distressing part of all this. Apparently, the Chiss Houses were deliberating on whether to secede from the Alliance we've been able to forge."
    "And?"
    "They have decided to withdraw," Omas informed. ?They do not trust us and believe that this was another attempt to destroy the virus by the Jedi, just as Vergere did a year ago."

interesting [face_thinking]

The six non-Jedi on the Council vacated the chamber and Luke nodded to Mara. "Would you bring in our visitor, Dear?"

Valin :D

"He has a very specific request," Luke explained, keeping his eyes focused on the dark-haired youth. "He wishes to be your apprentice Kyp."

*rofl*
    superb decision

"No," he said plainly.

*blinks* o_O

Stubborn little brat, isn't he?" Mara joked. "His father would be proud."

*rofl* so true [face_laugh]

"I'll do it," Kyp announced.

*grins* [face_thinking] Valin will end up as his apprentice :p
    I?m looking forward to this trip

Chapter 9: Preparations

The Supreme Overlord had summoned Nas Choka to his palace the day before with urgent news from the gods. In a vision, Shimrra had seen a base where many [

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Replies later, for now an Announcement:

The new fic will be titled The Age of Heroes and will begin posting on November 8th :) Still not certain of the series title right now, but at the moment I'm batting around ideas like "Legacy of the Sith," "Cloak of the Sith" or simply "Hâvok." Feel free to suggest or tell me which on you guys like best :D

Thanks for your support, everyone [:D]

20. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Awesome! [face_dancing]

21. FORCEBlLADE

Mar 2, 2003
    not certain of the series title right now, but at the moment I'm batting around ideas like "Legacy of the Sith," "Cloak of the Sith" or simply "Hâvok."

Don't go with Legacy of the Sith, gets too close to Legacy of the Force. Oh and speaking of which, if you've seen the first draft of the cover of Betrayal, it seems that a Solo might turn as in canon as well.

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    FORCEBlLADE: Long one as I expected. You've got Leia down as a Jedi Knight, nice.(They waited to do it until the end of DN in cannon).

Yeah, in the epilogue of TLF she says she's going to seriously train to become a true Jedi Knight.

Lando's a senator?! That's a title I didn't expect for him.

Yeah, I like that little suprise :p

Briman: Man, I cannot wait!

Maggy: that will be a hilarious story with this name ... I always read Gans what means in English goose *rofl*
    okay I admit it when I first read it I thought it is a planet (ganz = whole)

[face_laugh]

not lucky, isn?t he

No, he's not.

*giggles* that was for sure that Han is somewhere near

Yep!

what an entry

;)

Lando?

Uh-huh. *nods*

*rofl*
    *falls from chair laughing*

Hehe 8-}

*rofl*
    Han has three Jedi kids up his sleeve that?s the main difference
    *rofl*

Good point!

great hunt, cool action
    and they got him with something which remind me of Anakins and Obis hunt of the assassin in AotC

Yeah, glad you liked it :)

*rofl* probably not

Nope.

nah nah nah ... that?s not possible

Sorry, that's what happened.

Valin

;)

Wonderful part
    I love the fight, both of ?em.
    Jaina and Anakin are a great team and the mention of Jag and Anakins thoughts were hilarious

Hehe, I liked that too.

And Mara saving the Wookiee rocked w00t
    great two parts

Thank you :)

Tahi: This is my third attempt to sit down uninterrupted and read this! Here's hoping.

Well I appreciate the effort :)

That evil Nom Anor - grrrrr! Some people are just charmed with good luck.

Unfortunately true :(

Hee hee - old habits die hard.

Woohoo! Loved that scene, especially the whole idea of Anakin, Tahiri and Jaina working together to be "stronger than the sum of their parts." Great image of Anakin at the end.

Thanks! Though the "stronger than the sume of their parts" scene might be later [face_mischief]

I liked the way you showed Jaina living up to her name as the "sword of the Jedi", too. Good to see these prophecies coming to fruition. I felt cheated by the NJO as far as that was concerned.

Yes, even the duel with Tsavong Lah was lame...

Yep - I guess the vision of a possible future acted as a stimulus to make both Anakin and Jaina want to change it. I guess that is sometimes what visions are for.

Yes, I think so too.

Yay! Good old Anakin. In a sense he's making up for what his grandad was incapable of.

Yep. He won't give in to hate ;)

Ooh - Anakin almost got that tricky Nom Anor. Almost - but not quite.

And what it will cost him :(

I liked the dilemma that this posed for Fen Kwaad. Brave of her to use the jammer - it being an infidel weapon.

Yeah, I think she knows now what has to be done.

Poor old Corran - tortured to near death and then they turn around and ask for his help. Ain't the life of a Jedi tough!

It's a thankless job, but somebody's got to do it :p Hopefully Corran will be able to help ;)

Excellent chapter - really enjoyed it.

Thanks so much for reading it :D

Mags: I saw the title of Chap 6 and Corran is alive
    he has to

Hehe, yes, Corran is alive.

Chapter 5: Gray Truth

how?

Isn't it obvious after the end of 8th Cortex?

insane!

Maybe a little ;)

or the wonderful return of Corran Horn
    he is missing in your list (dramatis personae)

I didn't want to give it away ;)

he doesn?t look good though

Nope...

*rofl*
    stupid thing that he can?t do that even in his best shape

Hehe. If the Vong only knew!

you seem to have something against the Jedi kids

Nah, it just makes things more exciting if they're in danger [face_devil]

*rof

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Wes:

` [face_laugh] ´

happy to amuse you :p

Hehe 8-}

I told ya I need a crash webbing :p

Good point!

yub yub :D

I didn't want to give it away ;)

:p

Hehe. If the Vong only knew!

true :p

I write a lot of the council stuff from Kyp's POV.

yub yub :D

Shimrra isn't lying.

not? So he just keep telling he has visions from the god and that they filled the 8th Cortex ? that?s not lying? No?

you posted it here too? [face_blush] :D :cool:

Chapter 13: Alliance

awww... that must be so hard for them to hear that all at once

As they reached the bottom, Tahiri sprang forward and embraced him. For some reason, Anakin hadn't expected her to do that, but it was a pleasant surprise.
    "I'm sorry about your mother," she whispered to his ear.
    "Me too," was all he could manage as he clung to her slender shoulders.

cute [face_love]

"I trust your journey to Mon Calamari went well," Sien Sovv said to the aging admiral.

*lol* aging admiral ... how old is he? He must be far older then all the others [face_thinking]

Wedge was well aware of who the other member would be, as the fleet of Hapan Battle Dragons had arrived at the same time as Pellaeon and his portion of warships.

Tenel? o_O :D

"That's precisely what we are here to discuss," Sien Sovv said as his Sullustan jowls quivered.

tsk ... they are like children whos parents decided to go shoping and left them alone at home and they can?t decide what to do *rolles eyes* and that before the Nanny Pellaeon :p

Karrde found her or heard from the attack,yes?

"Lomi and Welk?" Han asked.

ah...

Karrde smiled. "I didn't get a name, but it was the strangest of sources-- a Ryn," he said with a wink.

*lol*

After he and Mara unloaded anything Jaina and Anakin would need from the freighter that had been their home for the last few months, the Millennium Falcon rose from the tall blowing grasses of Zonama Sekot and shot off towards the shimmering stars, its blue ion trail visible from below.

*hopes that he has luck*

silly me ... he is Corellian after all :p

Chapter 14: The Maw

amazing ... I couldn?t even stop :)
    the fighting was superb
    and Val ended up as appreantice ... w00t :D

Chapter 15: Crisis Averted

"It's Ben," Luke groaned. "He's in danger."

the attack on the Maw ...

"You're starting to sound like Callista and those nuts that have mom," Anakin responded skeptically.

*lol* bravo someone notice :p

Chapter 16: Shimrra's bidding

"Yun-Yuuzhan will not tolerate heresy," Shimrra added. "And Yun-Yammka will not honor heretics with victory."

there is talking the right one :p

:eek: Onimi is controlling Shimrra

Nom Anor would become Yu'shaa once again and regain the trust of the Shamed Ones. They would follow him as a herd of animals would, where they would be slaughtered to please the gods Nom Anor doubted existed. He had to smile at the irony.

[face_thinking] It will be difficult with the new leader :p

I'm so enjoying this ... but some work interfererd with my reading shedoule :p

more laters again ...

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Tried to post this last night but Anna kept bringing me books to read to her. I AM glad she's a bookworm - but really, is granny allowed any play time for herself???? ;)

Chapter 40

Great chapter. The Corran/Fen Kwaad bit was a favourite, as was Leia using the Force to save Han. I loved Shada's kick-ass fighting, too. What a woman.

Even amongst all the horror, I had a giggle at the image of the YVH droids all shouting in Lando's voice. A cool, very Stars Wars moment.

Chapter 41

Loved the evocation of Tahiri's fighting style, and also the way both A and T were worried about each other's methods.

Good that A is beginning to understand her. In truth I would expect him to find her quite exciting, and hopefully the fighting together will help him see how much she has integrated her Tusken/YV/Jedi personae.

Oh - poor Corran. But at least he is himself again - not drugged up and under someone else's control. But gah - don't tell me he's going to be killed by Nom Anor!!

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapter 42

Yay for Shada again. That woman is my hero.

Poor old Mara though - she's having a tough time of it.

Kyp was wearing an old green cloak clasped with a New Republic amulet. Valin wasn't sure why, but when he'd asked Kyp he'd said that he'd always fought for the New Republic and that the name change and restructuring were meaningless. Valin thought that was dumb, but he'd remembered his father saying something very similar before. Father...
    I like that idea - even though the new NR isn't a very pleasant entity, I admire Kyp's belief in the old ideals. :)

Everyone gets a nasty surprise someday; I'd rather get it standing up than laying down.

When Anakin had spoken those words to him outside of a Yuuzhan Vong scout-ship they'd mistaken as an asteroid, Corran had thought it was nothing more than adolescent arrogance and bravado-- but suddenly, it felt like wisdom. It didn't matter if he died, he was going to no matter what he did-- eventually, he would die. The only thing that mattered to him was that he stood and fought. He was too weak to defeat Nom Anor, but he wasn't going to make it easy on him.

Now there's a turn up for the books - Corran learning from Anakin. Yay! Go, Corran. Go with a bang, not a whimper.

Chapter 43

Ha - I hope Mara makes mincemeat of Nom Anor. Poor, Corran. But at least Mara found him before he died.

Ooh - I love the idea of Sekot hiding the YV as a kind of defense mechanism. And Anakin has to fight against Sekot to sense them? Aha - now that is very interesting as it's kind of like the idea of repression in psychology. Cool twist there.

Does Sekot need some therapy, Counsellor? ;)

Mara ignited the lightsaber instantly, casting blue illumination on the dark opening of the maw luur behind her enemy. Her feet now in his abdomen, Mara kicked, and swung her right arm around, opening Nom Anor's chest and pushing him back into the maw luur. The Yuuzhan Vong disappeared with a wretched scream as the maw luur swallowed him in its black void.
    Yay! Good old Mara. I love the way that scene mirrors Vader killing the Emperor. Woohoo.

Moving scene when Corran died. And again - those lovely echoes of the OT in his words.

And then . . . oh no! Not Mara as well. Noooooooo. :(

Great drama and action in those chapters. :) I'm quite out of breath.