main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft: Take 4 (matches in process!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by JediKnight20043, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Not to seem pushy but are we getting some judgements on these last matches?

2. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Coming up...

Warner Brothers Conference

Nebulous Evil-4 vs. 4-Teikoku Alexanders
    White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia) vs. Sing (Kung Fu Hustle)
    Ba?al (Stargate) *PREPARED* vs. The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)(forfeit)

Winner: Sing

The Return of Bruno-5 vs. 3-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Prisoner KSC2-303 (Versus)(forfeit) vs. Ironhide (Transformers)
    Optimus Prime (Transformers) vs. Morpheus/Trinity (The Matrix)(forfeit)

Power Trippin'-6 vs. 2-Return of Evil
    Frozone (The Incredibles)(forfeit) vs. Syndrome (The Incredibles) *PREPARED*
    Alien Queen (Alien series)(forfeit) vs. Lilith (Supernatural) *PREPARED*

Universal Pictures Conference

Need More Trenchcoats-6 vs. 2-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Buffy Summers (Buffyverse)(forfeit) vs. John Murdoch (Dark City)
    Stitch (Lilo and Stitch) *PREPARED* vs. Agent Thompson (The Matrix)

Tough one, could go either way, but I am giving it to...
    Winner: Stitch

The Rulers of Oblivion-4 vs. 4-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Emperor Han (The Mummy) vs. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)
    Chase Collins (The Covenant) vs. Kamdor (Power Rangers)

The first one is an interesting match, but I think Han is way more powerful than Bellatrix. Second one is interesting.
    Winner: Han & Kamdor

The Rainbow Connection-4 vs. 4-Turning the Tyide
    Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles)(forfeit) vs. Sylar (Heroes) *PREPARED*
    Adam Park *green* (Power Rangers) vs. General Grievous (Star Wars)

Winner: Adam Park

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  5. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
  6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  7. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Team Battles ahead.

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Three of them. :)

9. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Sorry, I am in the middle of finals. In two weeks I shall have finished my degree. Ah scary.

Nebulous Evil-5 vs. 5-Teikoku Alexanders
    Illyria (Buffyverse), Glory (Buffyverse), White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia), Gabriel Yu-Law (The One), Zeltrax (Power Rangers), Saruman (Lord of the Rings) *no B-level material*, Predator (Predator series), Lightning (Big Trouble in Little China), Mig (Power Rangers), Benglo (Power Rangers), Ba?al (Stargate), Cameron Phillips (Terminator Series), Marcus Hamilton (Buffyverse), Kroenen (Hellboy)
    vs.
    Sing (Kung Fu Hustle), Omega Ranger (Sam) *white* (Power Rangers), Anubis Cruger *black* (Power Rangers), Theo Martin *blue* (Power Rangers), Sun Wukong (The Forbidden Kingdom), Caleb Danvers (The Covenant), Eragon/Saphira (Eragon) *no B-level material*, Dean Winchester/Sam Winchester (Supernatural), Bumblebee (Transformers), Blade (Blade series), Ozymandias (Watchmen), The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood), Ratchet (Transformers) and Abigail Whistler/Hannibal King (Blade)

The Rulers of Oblivion-5 vs. 5-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Willow Rosenberg (Buffyverse), Emperor Han (The Mummy), Deacon Frost (Blade), Chase Collins (The Covenant), Marcus Corvinus (Underworld), Boba Fett (Star Wars), Agent Jones (The Matrix), Barashin (Casshern), Adam (Buffyverse), Agent Henry Carver (Push), The Master (Doctor Who), Mr. Book (Dark City), Warren Mears (Buffyverse), Vice-Counsel DuPont (Equilibrium)
    vs.
    Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter), The Beast (Kung Fu Hustle), Durza (Eragon) *no b-level material*, The Jade Warlord (The Forbidden Kingdom), Prince Nuada (Hellboy), The Beast (Buffyverse), Kamdor (Power Rangers), Azazel (Supernatural), Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter), Lucious Malfoy (Harry Potter), Lore (Star Trek), Borg Queen (Star Trek), Sark (Tron), The Guardian (Highlander)

The Rainbow Connection-5 vs. 5-Turning the Tyide
    Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter), Shane Clarke, *red* (Power Rangers), Adam Park *green* (Power Rangers), Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles), David Rice (Jumper), Elastigirl (The Incredibles), Sonny (I, Robot), Tron (Tron), Agent J (Men in Black) *no B-level material*, Robocop (Robocop), Gandalf (Lord of the Rings), James T. Kirk/Spock (Star Trek), Steel Leg (Shaolin Soccer), Ray Stantz/Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters)
    vs.
    Edward Cullen (Twilight), Sylar (Heroes), General Grievous (Star Wars), T-X (Terminator), Griffin (Jumper), Victor Budarin (Push), Starscream (Transformers), Alice (Resident Evil), Jared Nomak (Blade), Mina Harker (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen), Elle Bishop (Heroes), Violet Song jat Shariff (Ultraviolet), Rodney McKay (Stargate), Wesley Gibson (Wanted)

10. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    These look great!

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    At the moment I'm thinking Nebulous Evil and Altus Obscurum (really torn on the last), but feel free to argue; those aren't set in stone.

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    What about the third battle? I was feeling almost spirited to argue for this battle. But didn't as of yet because as always it hinges on the power ranges and I simply don't know. I know, shoot me. Anyway it's become the weekend and I have little time. The combination of Sylar, Victor and Alice in a team battle is exciting though. If you hint towards which way you're leaning it might spur me on if you need help...

13. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Get arguing Tyi,

And anyone else.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry, I meant I'm really torn on the third. Without doing specific Power Ranger research, I'm seeing Dumbledore, the Incredibles, and Gandalf on one side and Edward, Grievous, and Sylar on the other (these are all "among others" - they're certainly not the only good characters). Of the people I've picked out as the major powerhouses (though you may disagree with my choices), there seems to be more of a balance rather than a character or two tipping it to one side.

15. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I have but one thing to say about my match.

The Doctor is in.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I have created a monster.

17. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I am going to judge tomorrow.

So if anyone still wants to argue you have til then.

All of those matches warrant arguing btw, there is no clear winner in any of them.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Since no one seems to care if they win or lose, I'll just skip the part where I write up a bunch of stuff.

Nebulous Evil-5 vs. 5-Teikoku Alexanders
    Illyria (Buffyverse), Glory (Buffyverse), White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia), Gabriel Yu-Law (The One), Zeltrax (Power Rangers), Saruman (Lord of the Rings) *no B-level material*, Predator (Predator series), Lightning (Big Trouble in Little China), Mig (Power Rangers), Benglo (Power Rangers), Ba?al (Stargate), Cameron Phillips (Terminator Series), Marcus Hamilton (Buffyverse), Kroenen (Hellboy)
    vs.
    Sing (Kung Fu Hustle), Omega Ranger (Sam) *white* (Power Rangers), Anubis Cruger *black* (Power Rangers), Theo Martin *blue* (Power Rangers), Sun Wukong (The Forbidden Kingdom), Caleb Danvers (The Covenant), Eragon/Saphira (Eragon) *no B-level material*, Dean Winchester/Sam Winchester (Supernatural), Bumblebee (Transformers), Blade (Blade series), Ozymandias (Watchmen), The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood), Ratchet (Transformers) and Abigail Whistler/Hannibal King (Blade)

Teikoku Alexanders

The Rulers of Oblivion-5 vs. 5-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Willow Rosenberg (Buffyverse), Emperor Han (The Mummy), Deacon Frost (Blade), Chase Collins (The Covenant), Marcus Corvinus (Underworld), Boba Fett (Star Wars), Agent Jones (The Matrix), Barashin (Casshern), Adam (Buffyverse), Agent Henry Carver (Push), The Master (Doctor Who), Mr. Book (Dark City), Warren Mears (Buffyverse), Vice-Counsel DuPont (Equilibrium)
    vs.
    Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter), The Beast (Kung Fu Hustle), Durza (Eragon) *no b-level material*, The Jade Warlord (The Forbidden Kingdom), Prince Nuada (Hellboy), The Beast (Buffyverse), Kamdor (Power Rangers), Azazel (Supernatural), Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter), Lucious Malfoy (Harry Potter), Lore (Star Trek), Borg Queen (Star Trek), Sark (Tron), The Guardian (Highlander)

This one is difficult. Better prep for Rulers of Oblivion.

The Rainbow Connection-5 vs. 5-Turning the Tyide
    Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter), Shane Clarke, *red* (Power Rangers), Adam Park *green* (Power Rangers), Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles), David Rice (Jumper), Elastigirl (The Incredibles), Sonny (I, Robot), Tron (Tron), Agent J (Men in Black) *no B-level material*, Robocop (Robocop), Gandalf (Lord of the Rings), James T. Kirk/Spock (Star Trek), Steel Leg (Shaolin Soccer), Ray Stantz/Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters)
    vs.
    Edward Cullen (Twilight), Sylar (Heroes), General Grievous (Star Wars), T-X (Terminator), Griffin (Jumper), Victor Budarin (Push), Starscream (Transformers), Alice (Resident Evil), Jared Nomak (Blade), Mina Harker (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen), Elle Bishop (Heroes), Violet Song jat Shariff (Ultraviolet), Rodney McKay (Stargate), Wesley Gibson (Wanted)

Rainbow Connection

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think I'm going to have to disagree on all of that. JK, it's up to you.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

21. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I agree with Empire. The first match is probably not as one sided as Empire will be thinking, but Teikoku still has more power. The second match is very close. Third, not so much.

Teikoku Alexanders ? 3-0 (16-14)
    Nebulous Evil ? 2-1 (16-14)
    The Return of Bruno ? 2-1 (16-14)
    Power Trippin' ? 1-2 (15-15)
    Return of Evil ? 1-2 (13-17)
    ~Two Bees in a Bucket~ ? 0-3 (14-16)

The Rulers of Oblivion ? 3-0 (17-13)
    Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness) ? 2-1 (18-12)
    Need More Trenchcoats ? 2-1 (15-15)
    Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums ? 1-2 (14-16)
    The Rainbow Connection ? 1-2 (13-17)
    Turning the Tyide ? 0-3 (13-17)

The new matches are:

Power Trippin' vs. ~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Nebulous Evil vs. The Return of Bruno
    Return of Evil vs. Teikoku Alexanders

The Rulers of Oblivion vs. Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    The Rainbow Connection vs. Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Turning the Tyide vs. Need More Trenchcoats

You have 24 hours to get your numbers in.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Nah. In reviewing the first one I nearly voted the other way.

23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Numbers sent: good luck, opposing team.

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    [image=http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1229/1274070689948.gif]

Numbers in, good luck Talon.

25. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Right first of all NAME&SHAME time. Those who didn't get their numbers in for whatever reason they might have are. Despised1, Talon_Kenobi, Drac39 and musicevangelist. Secondly I have been abit liberal with simming this time. I have also simmed the number of trumps (upto 5) and also simmed the trumps themselves.

Anyway to the first match. Starting with number 1

Power Trippin'-0 vs. 0-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Alien Queen (Alien series) TRUMPED w/ Data (Star Trek)(*PREPARED*) vs. Landlady (Kung Fu Hustle) TRUMPED w/ Daggeron (Power Rangers)

Nebulous Evil-0 vs. 0-The Return of Bruno
    Glory (Buffyverse) vs. Optimus Prime (Transformers)

Return of Evil-0 vs. 0-Teikoku Alexanders
    Lilith (Supernatural) TRUMPED w/ Lord Marshall (Chronicles of Riddick) vs. Caleb Danvers (The Covenant)

The Rulers of Oblivion-0 vs. 0-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Willow Rosenberg (Buffyverse) vs. Jango Fett (Star Wars) TRUMPED w/ Roy Batty (Blade Runner)

The Rainbow Connection-0 vs. 0-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Adam Park *green* (Power Rangers) vs. Kamdor (Power Rangers)

Turning the Tyide-0 vs. 0-Need More Trenchcoats
    Griffin (Jumper) TRUMPED w/ Violet Song jat Shariff (Ultraviolet) vs. Shrek (Shrek)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.