main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The Movie Critics' Corner

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    [image=http://a423.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/108/l_d8cb304235742b53225e7f13f854ecfe.jpg]

Saw Indy... will wait till you guys do on Saturday to comment further.

-TJ

2. Womprat429

Womprat429 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    No spoiler alerts here. If you are a true Indy fan, you will love this movie for many many reasons. Are the action scenes good? I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack, or at the very least soil myself. I cannot wait to see it again. Classic Indy. Seeing it at the Drive In on monday!

3. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Well, I'll be happy to talk about once everyone sees it, since I hate cryptic criticism and praise.

-TJ

4. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Lise and I got a chance to see it this evening, and since we don't get many chances anymore to see movies I was disappointed it turned out to be such a stinker.

Everything seemed to be going good in the beginning (although I'm not sure why they felt the need to keep on showing gophers), but starting with the scene with Shia explaining to Indy how Ox went looking for such and such and he got a letter and his mom was missing blah blah blah blah exposition exposition, my eyes just glazed over.

I think everything starts with the script and this one just did not have a good one.

5. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    For me, the movie really started to "jump the shark" when Shia started pulling a Tarzan in the jungle. The script did have a ton of problems, and Mack just makes no sense as a character - his motivation and decisions are all over the place. I wish John Hurt had been Abner Ravenwood rather then ANOTHER character no one cares about. I loved the chemistry between Allen and Ford, and Shia did okay. The other real problem I had is that there was NEVER a REAL sense of danger - maybe the ants. MAYBE. But the scene going down into the temple, and then just falling into a glorified well bottom when the steps retracted? So not cool. It was anticlimactic. I didn't mind the beginning. I was getting into the era/characters/story... it just fell apart near the end of the jungle car chase.

-TJ

6. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    It kind of reminds me of the cutesy things added to the Special Editions! We missed you Bith.

7. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Some of my top moments in KotCS:

1.) The opening sequence (not so much "searching the warehouse", but everything before that, and then the escape, especially the test site)
    2.) Greaser/Jock Bar Fight
    3.) Tell Me it's a Rope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.