main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Official Yoda Fanclub** The Swamp Stew is our ally, and a powerful ally it is!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Sinre Approved!
    JC Rules and TOS minded.

Welcome, all lovers of the little green Jedi Grand Master. All things Yoda are discussed here. Socializing is encouraged, and allowed too. All the Yoda fun is right here, so come on in, and grab a Yoda pillow and sit down. Let the Yoda fun begin!
    A roster will be created after a few sign-ups.

:)

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Fond of the troll I am.

3. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, and welcome to the club, Valairy!
    first topic: Question.

What do you like best about Yoda?

I like his cute pointy ears, and his display of knowledge and wisdom.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    His wisdom and his fondness for the younglings.

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Aw, he was so sweet to the younglings. The Jedi Order truly had the right individual in the position of Bear Clan Master.

Admiral_Volshe and Lea-El like this.
  6. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    'At an end, your rule is. And not short enough it was.'

My favourite line from the Star Wars saga.

mihaitzateo, Lea-El, FARK2005 and 2 others like this.
  7. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    My home this is!

Lea-El and prj1 like this.
  8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, and welcome, K and Frank. Excellent lines!

Here's our roster so far.

1. prj1: President
    2. Valairy Scot
    3. K’Kruhk
    4. Frank T.

9. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    What I like best about Yoda is his playfulness and sense of humor.

prj1 likes this.
  10. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I agree. He's so happy.

11. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    He's got the perfect combination of wisdom, seriousness, strictness, kindness and a streak of playfulness. And he speaks in reverse syntax ^:)^

DarthSheev likes this.
  12. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    And he makes a cameo appearance in E.T. ;)

Zeta1127 and Frank T. like this.
  13. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    E.T. was the first movie I ever saw. And I still love Yoda and Reeces Pieces.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    So do I, Frank. I could listen to Yoda talk about the Force forever. I just love his lecturing style.

15. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Do we have an expert on Yoda in the EU on our roster or should we do some recruiting over in the EU forums? And can anyone point me to a list of Yoda-centric episodes of the Clone Wars?

16. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Master Kenobi, lost a planet he did. How embarassing. How embarassing.

I would love to join. I am open to assignments. I will try the Clone war thing if I can.

Lea

prj1 and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  17. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I thought I had access to the shows but I don't so I can't. Sorry [face_blush]

18. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanx fer tryin'.

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Welcome to the club, Lea. It's wonderful to have you here!

Thanks for trying to help.

What do all of you think Yoda might have been like as a padawan learner?

I think he probably was a fast learner, and hard worker. I'm sure that he wasn't the perfect student, but Padawan Yoda surely had to be somewhere at the top of his class. Your thoughts?

20. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Wise beyond his 'ears.

21. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The only real Yoda-centric episode is Season 1 Episode 1, "Ambush". Though according to Dave Filoni and Tom Kane, we're gonna be getting another one this upcoming season.

22. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I don't mean to promote my story but I thought he would be innocent and puzzled by this strange world and stranger people. He would be fascinated by the Jedi. I imagine it was difficult to talk the Council into training a two foot tall padawan. His sparing partners would have to get down on their knees would be their first thought. I saw difficulties with his diet and there always was a question of his family. I didn't learn until later that Lucas didn't want that part of his story told. (I'm sure no one read my story)wave hand ;)

23. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    The most powerful tadpole anyone had ever seen.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I always have a soft spot for "my little green friend."

25. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    ~There are several strange men coming in speaking into their robe sleeves checking behind doors, trashcans and under desks. Then the bald dark man said into his sleeve.”It's all clear you can bring him in.”

“You look familiar have we met before.” Lea asked noticing the lead Jedi.

“We are not here to discuss that film the Council hasn't made a ruling on it's accuracy of the volatile situation. My reputation is at stake.” The tall dark Jedi barked indignantly.

A commotion in the hall then the door opened and a faint tap tap preceded a small robed figure. He looked at the step stool leading up to a chair. “Very considerate this is. Last place to pole vault, they expected me to.” The small green Jedi said.

“Are you comfortable? Master Yoda.” The nervous interviewer asked.

“For three hundred years comfortable, I haven't been.” He said squirming until Lea placed a pillow behind him. “Better that is.”

“Master Yoda, we are so glad you agreed to drop by the New SWC Official Yoda Fanclub for a visit. I was wondering about your bodyguards? You of all people needing a body guard...” The puzzled interviewer asked.

“Strange times, live in we do. Paternity suits rampant they are. Too careful a Jedi can not be.” He said wagging his little green finger at her.

“I'm sure no one at the New SWC Official Fanclub would damage your reputation by making such unfounded accusation.” She said flustered.

“Question I have for you.” He slyly asked. “If so respected I am, to the former Fanclub what happened.” He asked indignantly.

“Well...ah...there was ah... lul after the third movie and before the games, books and Clone War shows and some people got lost into vampires, werewolves, Stargates, Star Treks, Batman and Avengers. Not me I...”

He wagged his finger at her again.

“Well the Star things and the Bat and maybe the Aven... I'm so sorry I never lost my respect and admiration for you... I just got busy... we just got...”

She started hyperventilating and pressed the button on the inter-office intercom. “Madame President We have a problem, I've insulted Master Yoda. Help!” She started digging in her purse for her inhaler.

“Excuse me for being late for your arrival. I was getting my hair done and traffic was. As I said excuse me. Now what did you say was the problem?” She realized he was insulted and started choking up.

The mortified girls looked at each other and said at the same time. “What have we done?”

The tall dark Jedi standing by the door snickered. “Man, you sure had them. That's some wicked sense of humor you have.” He reached over and fist bumped the wrinkled little hand.

“Worked every time it does.” He said then rubbed his knuckles on his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    to be continued

prj1 likes this.