main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Are those Midi-chloriansmurfs?

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Emperor Ashoka was at first a ruthless warlord who became a Buddhist later on in life. He died in office and was succeeded by a few more generations of rulers from the Mauryan dynasty. However, your theory sounds like Ashoka Tano going the way of Ashoka's grandfather, Chandragupta Maurya. A ruler inspired by Alexander the Great and the militant founder of the Mauryan Empire, Chandragupta eventually retired into the wilderness as a Jain ascetic. If the SW ST is focusing on "what it means to be a Jedi" as Lucas hinted at in old interviews, it would be interesting if Ahsoka's fate hints at what the ST has in store. The "higher path" that you describe as a possible one Ahsoka could take would be a fascinating development and it does indeed sound like something Lucas would do. However, Filoni did work on Avatar: The Last Airbender so perhaps that series' inspiration from Asian history and philosophy rubbed off on him to some extent.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've never really heard that before. I did always thing Ashoka's name might be an Avatar homage itself. The idea for Ahsoka to remove herself and go into the way way outlands on the Galaxy is a very intriguing one and heh... would make sense if there were plans for her we don't know about otherwise outside of TCW. If not the I worry more questions would be raised.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Lucasfilm has been working on the ST for months by this point. They're still working on new TCW episodes so I'd be surprised if there was not even the slightest crossover between the two projects.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I still tend to think there is likely another project sitting in there we haven't been fully told about waiting in the wings after TCW ends. The Disney press release mentioned more TV didn't it?

6. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I would just like to say I can't wait to see the next episode about Ahsoka.

rumblewagon likes this.
  7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I know of nowhere else to write this other than this thread. I am extremely upset that Ahsoka has not been knighted and issued her own padawan after the latest "Young Jedi" arc.
    1. She was able to survive a lightsaber battle with General Grievous.
    2. On the contrary, a newly KNIGHTED Jedi: Nahdar Vebb, was killed by Grievous in less time than it takes to say: "Jedi Knight".
    How did Ahsoka survive her latest battle with Grievous? Well, after getting her backside handed to her in their first encounter, Ahsoka knew to enter the fight with Grievous focused mostly on defense and retreat. She did not allow herself to get brash and reckless as Vebb did when he fought Grievous. For that calm focus on her Jedi training alone, she should be Knighted.
    3. That she protected and helped to save SIX younglings is overwhelming evidence in favor of her being Knighted.
    Unless something monumentally cataclysmic occurs in this season that causes Ahsoka to fall out of favor with the Jedi Council, I cannot conceive of any rational reason to withhold the title of Jedi Knight from Ahsoka any longer.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wars do not make one great - or to answer your question, there's more to qualifying for knighthood than just what you've listed above.

9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    She's only had 3 years of training though. Anakin had 10 if I remember right, and that was considered early. I think becoming a knight is more than just doing heroic things and showing strength in battle, and has more to do with overcoming your inner demons. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Valairy Scot beat me to it.

Esg likes this.
  10. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Togruta likes this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think your right about how it would be defined when a Padawan is ready to be knighted KenobiSkywalker. However when you think about the News Reel in "The Gathering" its not impossible to think Ahsoka could be knighted way early if only to add more knights. She is certainly a mature and accomplished Jedi one way or the other by now. She is just a bit boring now. I really hope the season finale fixes that.

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    And she's only 15 or 16, isn't she? Or has her age changed with a revised timeline?

(To be absolutely, honestly truthful, if she were now around 20 or so, I'd be - less adamant - about the possibility of her being knighted based on her last episode or so. But this "new and improved" mature Ahsoka might still only be one aspect of her that just happens to be have been showcased, while there are other less mature sides that just haven't been seen in a while but are still there.)

rumblewagon and CT-867-5309 like this.
  13. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Ashley said she was 17, but I haven't heard anything official.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Ahsoka was also decidedly more mature in the Onderon arc, setting the silly love triangle bullcrap asside. I think this was demonstrated well at the end when she let go of her feeling for Lux and was also questioning the war. Is Ahsoka's age officially stated anywhere? This is something that could be floating right now when the writers are dealing with her.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    According to the TCW novelization and the Essential Reader's Companion, she was born in 36 BBY. Regardless of where they are in the timeline, going by current sources Ahsoka can't be older than 17 by the end of the war.

I think I have a significant knowledge of Star Wars media and going off the top of my head 17 would be the youngest Knight I can think of. Even the Chosen One Anakin Skywalker, who imo was promoted early, wasn't a Knight until he was 19.

Esg likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Guess I can't argue with that much, can I?

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    According to Lucas, she's three years younger than other sources list. He said she was 11 at the start of the show, which would give her a maximum age of 14 by the end of the war.

18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Dave and the OS have confirmed she was 14 by the start of the war, I think GL was probably just throwing a number out there.

There has been talk of extending the length of the war by a few years. (much to the outrage of many EU fans.) If that happens, we'll probably see Ahsoka become a knight at some point before the end of the series. If not there would be a lot of backlash over a 17 year old knight, though I wouldn't be surprised if they knighted her anyways. I'm pretty sure that after the season finale we'll have a pretty good idea of where she's headed and possibly even what her fate may be.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I loved her fight with Grievous.

rumblewagon and Darth Vader like this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    So did I

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka being knighted as a teenager would be even more ridiculous than her surviving several fights with Grievous with no help, or her being the only one who can understand Chewbacca, or her training younglings.

Enough already. I liked her better when she was an ordinary Padawan albeit with a smart mouth.

And Anakin was Knighted early. If the war had not broken out, there is no way Anakin would have been Knighted when he was--if he ever made Knighthood at all.

FARK2005, Esg and CT-867-5309 like this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not really rooting for Ahsoka to get knighted so much as humoring the thought. I would like to see anything happen to Ahsoka that can get her away from Anakin. I would actually like to see TCW reboot with more new characters filling in for the movie characters. Knighting Ahsoka is one way to fix this among many.

23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, a lot of us agree that Ahsoka needs to be removed from Anakin to make sense of his both remaining a knight and no mentioning of her in ROTS. If she were knighted, it WOULD raise a firestorm of protest from many that he was not granted a promotion to Master, and justifiably so IF one is supposed to be promoted when one's padawan is knighted (I say "if" because I don't know if that is fanon or canon).

rumblewagon likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its not just about removing Ahsoka from Anakin for the sake of ROTS. I think TCW would benefit alot as this point from a litle less of Anakin and yes even Obi-wan, or benefit from having analternate group of heroes to follow. Ahsoka is a great way to do that. Maybe Ahsoka would get knighted and something would happen to prevent Anakin from becoming a master. Something like that would go a long way to explaining why he doesn't get along with the council in ROTS. I tend to think reassigning Ahsoka to Plo after some sort of major fall out of Anakin would be the best way to go. However Ahsoka has grown up so much in season 5 it kinda seems like she can't go much farther as a Padawan. Its possible the season 5 finale will address this.

rumblewagon and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope that with Disney taking over Dave can focus on new and relatively unexplored characters in and after season 6. Even if just for a season, I also would like to see Anakin and Obi Wan pull out of the spotlight and give the other Jedi/Clones a chance to shine.

A big twist would be for her to either go rogue or request the transfer herself. Many possibilities at this point in the show.

Dave (or one of the cast, I don't remember) was praising the late Ian for his great performance in the season 5 finale. What ever happens, it's going to affect Anakin in a big way I think.