main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Darth Vader Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Evil Incarnate, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Awww. I love Darth Vader. This I gotta join.

I love his duality--not just how freakin scary he was in the OT, but the humanity and deep love that made him that way (PT)

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    It's a problem, but I don't know that there's much way to really fix it. The heroes lack the sheer will to crush all who oppose them that Vader has, largely because that's part of what makes Darth Vader evil. It's only the heroes that serve as basically pure embodiments of powerful heroism similar to how Darth Vader in the original trilogy is an embodiment of powerful villainy.

I've heard Han has the same sex-appeal but I don't know if it's true or not.

I love the fearsome nature but I'm less of a fan of Vader's obsession over his wife leading to his downfall though I can appreciate what Lucas was trying to do with it.

3. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    love the fearsome nature but I'm less of a fan of Vader's obsession over his wife leading to his downfall though I can appreciate what Lucas was trying to do with it.

I agree 100%

also if i might mention I love the PT because I got to hear padme's name come out of Darth Vader's mouth. That was awesome and I was hoping for a long time I would hear and I did..and for that reason..GL is on my good list forever.:)

4. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I do like that he had James Earl Jones say Padme's name as without the transition would have been less effective.

5. anakinandpadmedoomed

Jun 27, 2007
    Yeah, it wouldnt have been as effective without that. It fit together nicely for me.
    at the end of ROTS when DV is looking out at the death star ..it doesnt look like the Ian under the hood for some reason that bugs me. anyone hear that it was someone else(actor wise) or is that just so trival. :p

6. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    It's always looked like Ian to me.

7. anakinandpadmedoomed

Jun 27, 2007
    Yeah, it probably was. he just looked so short..but then again who wouldn't standing next to Vader.:)

8. ErikaVader

ErikaVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2007
    Yeh I know. I loved hearing the breath and the few lines in James Earl Jones's voice. I actually shivvered the first time I heard that part!

Master Starwalker. Personally, I don't find that Hahn has anything like the same kind of sexiness. But then, I can't see him, and he's got nothing on Vader voice-wise. Mind you, I can't see Vader any more either, and just picturing him in the suit is enough for me to find him sexy! So I guess it's a matter of personal taste?

9. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    It definitely is. Within the male fanbase there's the typical Leia or Padme debate so it could be similar to that.

10. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVcHhJD9bh0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YwLQSTo_ow

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. anakinandpadmedoomed

Jun 27, 2007
  12. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
  13. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Just watching Darth Vader truly come into existance in ROTS; being transformed from a human to mostly machine was awesome. It sent cold chills down my spine, and it was also thrilling as well.

:D

14. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I had goosebumps when I heard Vader take his first breath. :p

15. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    So did I.
    It happens to me every time I watch my ROTS Dvd. I plan to watch ROTS tonight, and I look forward to experiencing those goosebumps all over again.

[face_mischief]

16. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I still get them too which surprises me because usually those reactions lessen the more I watch a film.

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Well, I didn't get to watch ROTS last night as planned, so I watched it this afternoon.
    The Dark Lord took his first breath, and there came the goosebumps again.

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I just realized that it's been months since I last watched any of the films.

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    :eek:

What? Wow!
    This week, I have been reliving that great story. I watched ANH last night, ESB this morning, and I plan to watch ROTJ tonight.
    I must say that Vader was truly evil in ESB.
    I think that Force Choke was Vader's favorite Force power.

[face_mischief]

20. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh Force Choke definitely was. :p I'm watching RotJ for the first time in a while today as I have to do a shot analysis assignment.

21. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Well, it was fun reliving all of that wonderful saga once again.
    I can still hear the breathing of the Dark Lord in my head.
    I often wonder what Vader would have been like if he would have lived after ROTJ.
    I don't mean as Anakin, but as Darth Vader.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bumped on request. :)

23. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks, Sinre!

*cue the Imperial March for my little soapbox moment*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

I am TOTALLY made for this club. Darth Vader is my all-time favorite villain from ANY medium. He's got that classic villain flair- he has this love for the melodramatic, a wonderful sense of dark humor, and he's got that kind of unstoppable fury that makes you actually LOVE seeing him beat up the good guys, even Luke, since it is so freaking entertaining. (Forgive me, Luke, but... it's true! :_| )

He's an armored, unstoppable juggernaut with a devious steel-trap-of-a-mind to match. He's the guy who makes Jedi Masters wet their robes whenever they hear his name. He's the guy whose heavy footfalls and infamous mechanical breathing let you know that your doom is at hand, the guy whose power makes it so that fighting him is all but a death sentence- your only real option when faced with Vader is to flee for your miserable lives, and even THAT only prolongs the inevitable, because he'll hunt you down without pause or rest and with a single-minded, relentless focus until you're lying dead at his feet, sliced to ribbons or with your neck snapped like a twig without him ever laying a FINGER on you.

His power is such that his mere suprise or anger can cause him to shake kilometers- high Coruscant skyscrapers to their foundation WITHOUT EVEN TRYING. He can hurl a storm of debris with such ferocity it can even overwhelm Jedi Masters. His blade hammers against each pitiful Jedi's defenses with all the unstoppable fury of a turbolaser bolt. He can snap a man's neck from kilometers away, needing only a live video feed to do the job. |

He's basically the Godzilla of Sith Lords- he may not be the fastest around, but he doesn't HAVE to be. Both you and he know there's nothing you can throw at him that can POSSIBLY keep him from reaching you, and once he does, you're dead, since he packs so much raw, elemental power and unthinkable hatred, that he can batter aside any pitiful defense you can throw up to stop him. He IS the hypothetical unstoppable force, given horrifying armored form. His rage is so endless that if he has to run himself through to kill you, that's what he'll do. If he has to tear apart an entire building and hurl it at you piece-by-piece, that's what he'll do. If he has to break every bone in your body to keep you from jumping around like you took twelve doses of speed, well... you get the idea.

He's the second-greatest pilot in the history of the Galaxy (only topped by his son), and one of the greatest swordsmen ever as well, up there with such all-time greats as Luke, Mace, and his master Darth Sidious. He's easily the second greatest Dark Lord of the Sith who EVER lived, and just as arguably THE greatest, most iconic villain EVER.

We're talking Darth Vader here. The biggest AND baddest of all the badasses Star Wars has come up with. Don't underestimate the power of the dark side around Vader, or you'll be shown said power... the HARD way. He's the Emperor's iron fist, the man who symbolizes the unstoppable might of the Empire even more than all its massive Star Destroyers, its Death Stars, endless hordes of identical, faceless Stormtroopers, and uncountable swarms of TIE fighters COMBINED.

Tremble in fear, little Rebels... Vader is coming to get you.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100621214930/starwars/images/a/a4/DarthVader-SWG4.jpg]
    *khooo-chsss... khooo-chsss...*

:cool:

24. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Welcome to the Club! [face_devil]

Evil.

25. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm not really all that evil- I just like evil laughter.

Seriously, ever hear the heroes laugh? They just strike a pose and go "HAH!"

But with VILLAINS, you get the classic "MWA/BWAHAHAHAH!", the evil chortle, the sinister chuckle, the villainous cackle, and just plain maniacal laughter. There's no comparison- evil laughing is a LOT more fun than heroic laughing.

But that is horribly off-topic. :p

Anyways, VADER RULES. There. Now this post isn't ENTIRELY off-topic. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.