main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Force Commander Hints & Tips Thread..

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BobaNet, Mar 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Epic for king!

2. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, he certainly has the support of the people.

3. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    It's not a bad idea, but there is already an admin from this timezone.

4. junior senator

junior senator Jedi Master star 1

Aug 9, 1998
    He has to dump his ewok first

5. MON CAL WARRIOR

MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 1998
    He hasn't been here that long.

6. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    No, unless it will get him a girlfriend currently living in the US.

7. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    Sure, make epic an admin... I have a list of several other members as well...

8. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    This really isn't our decision, and the more we talk about it, the more it will hurt his chances.

9. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    I think it's a terrible idea. But hear me out first.

Yeah, epic is around all of the time. He knows the forums well and he is very inteligent. But if he is an admin, it would ruin him. He would no longer be able to post as much and he would have to take on new responsibilities. I like epic the way he is. Anyone ever listen to Preacherboy talk about how he used to be a member and how things are different now?

I dunno. I just think admins shouldn't be regular members.

10. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Well, I'm not saying that he will be an administrator here, but he certainly has the qualities that could make him a *potential* admin here.

He's a popular and prominent member here. Which is a good thing, because if he didn't have the support and respect, well, who wants an admin that nobody liked as a regular member in the first place?

Secondly, his posts are both in quantity AND quality. Quantity means almost nothing here nowadays, but quality is something we sure need here.

Thirdly, and possibly this could be the deciding factor: He is a current administrator at jedi.net.

There you have it. epic would be a fine choice for an administrator here.

11. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    What MCW said

12. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    He'd get my vote.

13. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    If you just want someone who is popular, there are a lot of different choices. I love this guy, but my answer is no.

14. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Just a couple of questions, not that it makes any difference, but how many Aussie admins would that make & what time zones are being left "unmanned"? Does that matter?

Mr. K

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 05-15-2000).]

15. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    There is an Admin from the East (stinrab) and West (Chyren) coasts of Australia.

16. Cirrocu

Cirrocu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2000
    Hehe. Cheating is cool.

I was playing around with the "TheGalaxyIsYours" cheat tonight and figured out a few things.

Not only is it really cool to spawn units whenever and wherever you want, but if you scroll through the units list, you can spawn all kinds of cool characters. I had one assault team consisting of Han, Chewie, Luke, Veers, and Vader. Yep, those guys rocked.

Also, you can spawn units from the "other" side. For example, when playing as the Imps, I spawned a Hover Transport for my elite assault team.

And on top of that, it becomes much easier to place turrets in more advantageous positions.

Anyway, that was my fun thing for tonight. Takes away all of the challenge, of course, but spawning an AT-AT Walker and a half dozen Scout Walkers in the middle of a Rebel base was just too cool.

17. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999

poor epic this is one of the few topics he can't really post in

i think the admins are doing an ok job.good ole' tony has been doing sterling work....
    lets see how long he can keep it up before they start changing things

18. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    He needs more experience and more time here. Just because one has a zillion posts doesn't mean they'll make the best admin.

Besides, isn't he an admin or something over at jedi.net???

[This message has been edited by Kyle Katarn (edited 05-15-2000).]

19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yikes...I never expected to see this thread.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, oxygen, but like someone said, it isn't really up to the users to decide. And I've only been here since early last July, so that's a factor also. I can't say I wouldn't like the job, but I can think of other members that have been around longer and probably more deserving of the position.

Thanks for the thought though. At least people don't think of me as being too silly all the time.

20. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kyle Katarn:
    Besides, isn't he an admin or something over at jedi.net???

Yup, that's true. Although it doesn't take up too much time, considering the size compared to here.

21. stormtripper2000

stormtripper2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 1999
    Where did you get that cheat and how do you use it? I'd love to use it once I beat the game without any cheats.

22. optimus maul

optimus maul Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2000
    How long does a member have to be at the JC before he/she would be considered for this type of thing?

23. Trepid Agate

Trepid Agate Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by optimus maul:
    How long does a member have to be at the JC before he/she would be considered for this type of thing?

Don't know - from what I've seen it looks as though most of the current admins have been around for well over a year.

24. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oxygen:
    awwww no...im sorry if this thread is a bad thing. i figured i would be allowed to make it, seeing it says "suggestions" and stuff.

This thread is perfectly fine, it's just that usually it's best not to nominate someone for adminship. It sort of ruins their chances sometimes.

25. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    YTAP and Paul left? I guess I came back at the right time after all, heh heh heh. J/K

GMJ

[This message has been edited by Grand Moff Jerjerrod (edited 05-16-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.