main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* Marc Ecko and Other SW Apparel Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Boba Jr, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba Jr

Boba Jr Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 1998
    Are we allowed to discuss these soon-to-be-released watches in the Collecting Forum, as some will no doubt buy them to collect, rather than to wear?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't have a problem with that, as long as no one is actually advertising/selling the watches.

3. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    "We would never do anything without the approval of the Senate".

Oh, wait, that's from Phantom Menace. These watches seem strictly OT. ;)

4. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    How much will the watches be going for? I know the sweaters are expensive cant imagine the watches.

5. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    I've been trying to find out, but no luck yet. I hope it's not a 3-digit figure, but I'm afraid it probably will be.

By "sweaters", do you mean the hoodies? :p

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The hoodies are expensive. I've seen pics of the Fett one over on Rebelscum. (Note - if you want to discuss those as well let me know and I'll alter the thread title to be a general Mark Ecko thread).

7. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    Whatever folks want the thread to be called is fine by me. I went with watches because for some reason, they seem more "collectible" than T-shirts or hoodies.

And I do happen to have the Mark Ecko Boba Fett hoodie, by the way. :cool:

8. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    the fett and the stormtrooper are really nice I would not mind having a watch either but it's to pricey for me I have a 3 year old so I have a limited budget

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've made it the official thread and corrected the spelling of 'Marc Ecko'. Feel free to discuss any of their Star Wars products here!

(If I had the Fett hoodie I'd probably be afraid to wear it in public!)

10. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Those things are pricey compared to regular clothing but sometimes it's worth having something "cool" in your wardrobe, ya know?

Anyways, here's what I got and it's probably my fave t-shirt ever. Don't think it's Marc Ecko but it's within the ballpark style-wise. Ha ha. I'd totally suggest it to other girls out there as the way the armor is drawn totally brings out your curves. (My waist looks tiny in that thing)
    http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1314146

11. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    The marc ecko T-shirts have some really great designs which are very tempting! I like the hoodies but at the price they sell for I'm not sure. Are there UK retailers to buy these from or is it a case of paying for shipping from the U.S? (thats for those of us in the UK). The watches look great really liking the Fett design I have my other half on xmas alert but once again this depends on shipping costs stc

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I'm a huge fan of the Marc Ecko Star Wars line, expensive a hobby though it may be. :p The prices on the hoodies seem to go up and down depending on where you're buying them from, how well they're selling, and the time of year. For instance, at StarWarsShop.com, the Boba hoodie's down to $88. When it first came out, it was $120.

13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I came across the hoodies on the last Jedi-Con. Saw a guy in a Boba Hoody and absolutley loved it.
    Went through all the internet trying to find them.It's eally ahrd to get in Germany. The oficial shop tends to have older SW stuff, but not all of it. New clotehs tend to take half a year to arrive. :(
    Still, I could spend more money on the stuff, if only I ahd it.
    So far it was only enough for the stormtrooper hoodie.

I am sorely tempted by the olive Boba Tee though.[face_thinking]

14. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    That's not a bad-looking stormie hoodie. :)

I've still not heard anything new regarding the Ecko Star Wars watches, but I keep on checking. :D

15. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I got the Stromtrooper Hoohie last year for Xmas and I love it! I wore it to Wonder Con and got some cool head nods from the 501st guys wearing their actual armor, so I guess that a plus 10 in "SW Geek" points! ;)

I thought about getting the Shocktrooper one, or maybe the Darth Maul because the hood within a hood seems fun, but maybe not unless the prices drop. I think his t-shirts look good, but I can't stand the fact that he puts his name and "Cut & Sew" ALL over them and sometimes in huge lettering! I just want a cool SW shirt and for the price I don't expect to be a walking billboard for the guy.

I saw the prices for the watches, over $200 and thats for something that looks like a better version of the BK watches! Non-metal band watch for over $200, no thanks, gonna pass on those.

~DZ

16. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    Where did you see the prices? I have been trying to keep up with news about the watches but haven't seen anything official. If the suggested price is $200, there's always a chance there'll be some steep discounts during the holidays.

I recently got an online coupon for 50% any Ecko product. Since I'm not interested in any of the hoodies right now, I just used it for a T-shirt.

And this morning I was looking at the hoodies on Macy's, guess I shouldn't be too surprised that the new ones include a warning not to wear them with the zipper all the way closed, because of the danger of suffocation. (Not kidding!).

17. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    This site suggests that they will be most likely priced under $250, and since his Hoodies and shirts are pretty expensive considering, I'd expect that the prices for these will be over at least over $100 if not about or around $200.

Watches Link

~DZ

18. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    Oh, I read that way back when I started the thread, but didn't think that price range is anything but speculation at this point.

I mean, sure, they could try and price them at $250 or higher and see if anybody bites. But it wouldn't surprise me if, with the economy being like it is right now, they try and price them so they're a bit more affordable, and then see if they move more units.

Or they could have a high "regular price" but offer a lot of discounts and/or sales.

19. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    The blog says "Under $250 most likely" I'm hoping that's well under $250 ;)

I am really jealous of the people who have posted they have that Fett hoodie. I really love the idea but can't afford it and also would be afraid to wear it. The Trooper hoodie looked good too.

I have a t-shirt I got on clearance at Macy's of a Trooper helmet by Ecko. I'm afraid I'll spill on it. [face_laugh]

20. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh darn.
    Now I want an expensive watch on top of my huge wish list.:oops:
    The only advantage is that I don't wear a watch and thus have no excuse to buy one.[face_laugh]

21. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    I would think that the optimum price point (at least if they want to sell a lot of watches) would be around $125, tops.

As for the hoodies, there have been times in the past where you could get them for 50% off the regular suggested price, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, on Black Friday or during the holidays. ;)

22. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    If anyone is interested, some of the hoodies and T-shirts are on sale now, there's not many sale items but there are a few good bargains there. :)

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Do we have a general Star Wars Apparel thread? Adidas are releasing some sneakers and shirts/jackets next month that look quite excellent.

24. Boba Jr

Dec 1, 1998
    That might be a good idea. :D

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You might as well use this thread. I've updated the title to include other apparel besides Marc Ecko.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.