main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Matthew Woodring Stover Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 21, 2002.

1. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I doubt you'd find anything on google. My guess is that the guys were asking Matt to write something and he said "Sorry, I'm busy working on a new 501st novel", and those guys took that as permission to talk about it. I think that Del Rey is pretty cautious with Matt, because he writes slowly. They aren't going to announce the book until they've got an idea of when they can slap a release date on it.

But I'm so excited. Not only about the star wars news, but about the comic book. The were having legal issues, and came to an agreement. I was a beta reader for the comic, and it is really awesome. The colors are amazing.

I emailed Matt to see if he can confirm anything. If he responds back, I'll let you guys know.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This would be awesomeness, if so.

3. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    ...wait what?

I'm honestly too scared to accept the possibility that this is true. Even if it is, given the number of novels that never see publication even after they are announced, I think I'll wait to explode from glee.

But, but... Whatever he writes it'll be fantastic, and if he writes a sequel - actual continuing continuity, he might write Scout. Which would be so mindblowingly awesome I might actually die.

Master_Keralys and RC-1991 like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    SCOUT? YES I WANT TO SEE SCOUT MAKE THIS HAPPEN. SCOUT WRITTEN BY STOVER WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER.

Ahem.

I meant to say that I find this news interesting, in a restrained and dignified manner.

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    This seems fairly likely. Still, considering we were specifically told to "tell all your friends" (more or less) I would assume they had explicit permission to mention the 501st thing by Matt...

Or I'm gonna feel bad for passing it around.

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I was also a beta reader on the OVERWORLD comic (loved the story, hated the art) so I had a few convo's with Moe. Definitely not the kind of guy to spread false info. And this would also explain why MWS has been laying low the past few months.

Ulicus likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That's pretty much how I feel about it as well.

8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I can't describe how disappointed I'm going to be if this turns out to be a false rumor.

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I won't feel comfortable discussing the beta until after the Halloween release. [face_nail_biting]

Though I suppose if the PDF has been released to the general public we're now past the point where the NDA applies. :p

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I want more Stover books set in the New Republic era. LSATSOM is one of the best EU novels I have read since the conclusion of the NJO.

I never cared for the clones or commandos, so I am neutral on this potential news.

--Adm. Nick

Esg likes this.
  11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Except Stover's Mandalorians and clones are awesome and not whiny ingrates. :)

Edit: We sorely, sorely need a Black Knife Clan of Mandalorians.

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I've never cared overmuch for the clones or commandos, but -- if Stover's involved -- I suspect that will change. ;)

13. jedimaster203

Dec 19, 1999
    I agree with you on the art...that was my main complaint. Some of it was awesome. I think the colors fit the mood beautifully, but the proportions on the actual pencils left something to be desired. That said, I think some of the shots were done masterfully. I kicked around the idea of trying my hand at and adaptation a few years ago. Its kriffing hard to draw comics, so I'm not going to knock TJ to hard.

Speaking of art, I've got some Caine fanart posted on deviant art (http://warlordgrego.deviantart.com). We need some really good Caine Fanart. I've picked up novels specifically because I've seen cool fanart, so spread the word and whatnot.

14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Looks like I'm not quite done with Star Wars books yet if this is on.

Master_Keralys likes this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmm. If the time frame for this is remotely close to ROTS, I wonder what our chances of seeing Depa are? Wasn't Stover was pretty specific in his old interviews that he wanted to keep her alive, even if LFL said it didn't matter?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Does such fanart exist? I've looked and never found any. Yours may well be the first I've seen.

jedimaster203 likes this.
  18. jedimaster203

Dec 19, 1999
    There are a few others. But I do believe that mine were the first on Deviantart. Everytime I see one, I add it to my favorites.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Source.

:cool:

[​IMG]

RC-1991 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  20. Mika-El-Hakim

Mika-El-Hakim Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2012
    I would like to see anything from Stover, i think he could do a good RC book.

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I could swear she's been mentioned since then.

22. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    And to think the day I don't have access to a computer, a rumor like this gets dropped? Apparently I should take more breaks from this place...

RC-1991 and jedimaster203 like this.
  23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I'll believe it when I see it.

24. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Uh. Well. Err. What?

Let's start easy. So the comic will only be released through Kickstarter (with the $30/100 price tags depending on format) because of the legal issues? How much comic book are we talking about? I was always under the impression that this was meant as an ongoing/mini series, and that they'd only finish the first issue as a pilot. Is it a complete book now?

And about that other thing. I read a Magic The Gathering novel that I didn't know the backstory (or the universe) of just because Matt's name was on it. Can it get any crazier? Apparently it can. I mean, there's no way I'm reading the other Com books. But if this comes out, I will definitely read it. Also, they got my April Fool's joke wrong. Stover was supposed to do the Fett novel. The Imp Com finale was for Colfer.

25. jedimaster203

Dec 19, 1999
    Grey, from my understanding the comic will be released in traditional paper format. They just have to shop publishers. For the issue has already been released for kickstarter participants. From my recollection (i'm at work and don't have the file), it is larger than the standard comic...but don't quote me on that.