main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Official Meet and Greet Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Was Todd who I met the other night? I forget names so easily.

2. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey everyone. I've been in and out of the Jedi Council Boards for a couple of years, and did some Fan Force things, mostly in Columbus, Ohio. I live down here now, and with the excitement building for EP3, but little to no people I know that share this excitement, I thought I'd look to TF.N!

General Star Wars stuff:

How long have you been a SW fan?
    -Since I was about 5 years old.

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? etc.
    -I remember my Dad taking me to see Return of the Jedi in '83. I remember asking him if it was almost over a bunch of times because I didn't want it to end.

Which is your favorite SW movie?
    -Empire, of course!

Favorite character?
    -Lando is awful fun to make fun of. But in truth there is can be only OB1.

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)
    -I've been playing a ton of Battlefront on Xbox...I'm into the games. I have a lot of novels but I haven't read many of them.

About you:

What other interests/hobbies do you have outside of SW?
    Photography, Sports, Lawn Care and general geek interests...

Favorite TV show(s)?
    24, The Apprentice

Favorite movie(s)?
    TESB, Matrix Trilogy, Master and Commander, Fight Club

Favorite book or author?
    Don't really have one...last book I read was "Save Karyn" by Karyn Bosnak

Favorite song or artist?
    Currently I'm into Modest Mouse and Franz Ferdinand

Favorite quote?
    "People think that all cameramen do is point the camera at things, but it's a HECK of a lot more complicated than that." -Larry, 'Groundhog Day'

Favorite holiday?
    Christmas is awfully fun.

Optional:

First name?
    Jason

Age?

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs?
    Proud to be a recent transplant to Desoto County

Profession or college major?
    News Videographer at WMC-TV

Misc: http://www.jasonplank.com

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to Memphis FanForce, Jason. Come on down and join us this weekend for TimmyCon. And be sure to bring the little one to Kidz Dayz at Nightmarez on the 30th.

4. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    hey, n00b here. i got like a bunch of flyers for Timmycon the other day at borders and i followed the trail here.
    so i guess i'll fill out the questionare you guys set up

- SW fan since age 6
    - I saw the whole trilogy in one sitting when the rerelease came out on VHS in like '94 or '95
    - Empire is my fave
    - fav character: Davin Felth
    - other insterest include gaming, collecting and roleplaying (im a GM for a local group)
    - outside of SW: filmmaking, acting, anime, airsoft
    - tv? uh...anything funny or animated or both. im lame like that
    - movies...boondock saints, the killer, brother, equilibruim, pulp fiction
    - eragon or rainbow six
    - anything by the seatbelts
    - "diplomacy is saying 'nice doggie' before you can find a rock"- will rodgers
    - any holiday that gets me out of school
    - the name is Philip
    - i live in memphis
    -im a high school student

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to the SMT, Philip! Hope to meet you this weekend at TimmyCon!

(And you're a Pulp Fiction fan... I like you already.)

BTW- I'm an old guy who is out of touch with certain aspects of StarWarsdom, so, catch me up to speed here-
    Who is Davin Felth?

6. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    he's the stormtrooper in ANH who says "look, sir. droids"
    he then goes on to defect to the rebellion and be a good guy.
    you can read about him in those Star Wars: Essentials books
    he's in the characters one, duh

but yeah, i remember reading about him and there was a cool pic along with his bio, so i've always liked him

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Philip: OK...Now I know who you're talking about.

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Welcome Jason and Philip!
    I'm Jacob--I'm new too--my post is only a couple or so pages back.

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Welcome, Jason and Philip!! :)

10. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    good to see the group growing, welcome to Jason and Phillip. maybe i'll meet all the new people one day.

11. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Only if you come hang out!

Hopefully we'll see you guys out again. Had a great time at Huey's talking SW collections!

12. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    General Star Wars stuff:

Since I was 4.

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? Saw the first one with my mom at the Hillcrest 4 in St. Joseph, MO in 1977. It was unbelievable though my most clear memory of seeing it was at the drive-in with my parents and their friends. Their was a keg in the back of the pickup, the sound came through those lousy speakers that you had to use, and it was unforgettable.

Which is your favorite SW movie? I have to pick one? I'd have to say Return of the Jedi. Not for the ewoks but for Jabba, the Rancor, and slave Leia.

Favorite character? Aayla Secura And Quinlan Vos

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.) Yes. I collect action figures of all kinds (mostly female ones), I love to rpg but haven't been able to in 6 years (at least FtoF) so I'm jonesing, I am keenly interested in costuming which is why I am taking sewing classes, I like to write fan fic but with my own characters - I don't mind playing in someone else's backyard but not with their toys, and I have recently read the DARKNESS and TWILIGHT graphic novels and loved them. I have some more to read as well as several books.

About you:

Writing - I've had some stuff published at www.popthought.com - Sewing, playing video games, reading, watching movies, listening to music, hanging out with Muley, shopping, walking, rpgs, lots of different stuff including stuff I don't know of yet. Mostly I like vampires, werewolves, things that bump in the night (despite being the worst fraidy-cat around), angels, gods, and demons. I think that's why I was so attracted to STAR WARS. It's the ultimate make believe.

Favorite TV show(s)? A week ago I would have said CSI, but now I've seen LOST and it has a sexy hobbit in it. I like hobbits. I mean I really like hobbits. Especially Merry and Pippin. I also dig the BBC shows STRANGE and AS TIME GOES BY.

Favorite movie(s)? This is a trick question, right? Actually I loved LotR. I like a lot of movies, old ones, new ones, animation, horror, kid's, thrillers, monster movies . . . only if I despise an actor or actress will I avoid them.

Favorite book or author? Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I like the social commentary within the book.

Favorite song or artist? Libera Me - on the Interview with the Vampire soundtrack. It's a beautiful and inspiring piece.

Favorite quote? "No reward is worth this." I used to rpg a lot and can relate.

Favorite holiday?
    Halloween = wedding anniversary
    Oct 29 = Birthday
    You figure it out. Presents and candy and cake, oh my!

Optional:

First name?
    I get to pick one? Oh my first name. Gina.

Age? 32 - I can still stare. (Obscure Izzard reference.)

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs? No.

Profession or college major? BS in Geology, some Master's level classes.

Misc:
    "A windy day is no day for thatching." Drunken Irish Proverb

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to the SMT boards, Gina. Enjoy the madness!

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    KEWL - Another girl-type person and fanfic writer. :D Welcome, Gina!

15. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Just thought that we should drag this out and dust it off. It seems we have a lot of new members and I would like to get to know them better.

There also seem to be a few new socks, like this one, ;) so just to clarify, especially for any new people, I am Jacob, introduced earlier in this thread as otisdodge and also posting as O Behave Kenobi and Johnny-Vegas.

Welcome newbies! Come on in and make yourselves at home and tell us a little about yourselves.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks for upping this, Jacob.

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    np
    now if the newbies will just post!

18. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    I'm new around here, and this is one mighty-fine thread to introduce myself in.

General Star Wars stuff:

However old you are in Second Grade - I believe around 7.

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? etc.
    I first saw ESB after borrowing it from a friend, if I remember correctly. It was the original without being remastered.

Which is your favorite SW movie?
    Empire Strikes Back, but I love Return of the Jedi.

Favorite character?
    Sadly, I don't have one particular favorite character.

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)
    I've recently gotten into costuming along with my friend and more established member here, Philip (blackdogotaku). As of this latest Star Wars Night at Triple Play, I've become a collector and hopefully player of the Star Wars Miniature game. Also, who doesn't love a good star wars videogame? I play what I can get my hands on - it's just a bonus if it says "Star Wars" on it!

About you:

I play tournament paintball, am involved in theatre, and perhaps something else, but it must be far less important than the aforementioned hobbies.

Favorite TV show(s)?
    Boy Meets World, Degrassi, and Chapelle's Show. Honestly, I don't really watch T.V.

Favorite movie(s)?
    Way too many to list, but I'll just start naming some. I don't have great taste in movies... I consider anything that entertains me good. Star Wars (All), Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2, Sin City, Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Princess Mononoke, 10 Things I Hate About You, When Harry Met Sally, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Airheads, Pirates of the Carribean, Shaft, Half Baked, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Finding Nemo, Analyze This, and many, many more.

Favorite book or author?
    Picture of Dorian Gray, Catcher in the Rye, The Outsiders.

Favorite song or artist?
    I definitely cannot limit this to one particular song or artist. radiohead, rammstein, 7 $ sox, rushmoore, a billion ernies, tupac, slipknot, the postal service, a new found glory, ben folds (five), big bad voodoo daddy, blink - 182, chumbawumba, dose one, dashboard confessional, eminem, marilyn manson, no doubt, paul oakenfold, rob zombie, something corporate, toby slater, aphex twin.

Favorite quote?
    Star Wars: "Ahhhhh!" (Han, A New Hope while chasing/being chased by Storm Troopers) and Non-Star Wars: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end," (Semisonic, Closing Time).

Favorite holiday?
    Thanksgiving - just the concept of it, not the actual holiday, though.

Optional:

First name?
    Elliott

Age?

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs?
    Memphis

Profession or college major?
    Not Applicable, yet, but possibly Theatre as a major

Misc:
    I just got back into Star Wars after horribly long time without my favorite hobby, so you'll have to cut me some slack if I'm not up to par with my geeky-ness, haha.

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to the SMT, Elliott! We'll get you re-educated in the ways of Star Wars real soon.

20. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Good thinking Jacob - you beat me to bumping this up by a few hours.

Hey Elliott! Welcome to our little corner of geekdom. It was nice meeting you Tuesday.
    I'm Joe (dark hair, goatee, Spider-Man shirt, sitting next to you during the first Trivial Pursuit game).
    Lookin' forward to seeing you next time.

-Joe

21. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Lin here- AKA Dork-Vader, AKA Obi-G-Y-N, AKA Ima_Toydarian.

SMT Dark Lord Of Propoganda. Welcome to the boards. Hope you can all make it to one of the Drive-In Nights, Game nights, TIMMYCON!2, or one of the other get-togethers!

22. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    thanks for all of the warm welcomes, guys!

hopefully my face will be a familiar face around the smt gatherings in the future :)

23. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Haven't met you, Misto (I LOVE YOUR SN!!!!!!), but I look forward to it. ^_^

I have a cat named Mr. Mistoffelees, incidentally. :D

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

24. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    that's so awesome.

for some reason seeing cats again this spring break made me fall in love with the name... so, to make a long story short, here i am with this name :p

25. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Here's a pic of him. He's so Misto-like! :p

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/starblazerm31/my%20cats/Misto.jpg]

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.