main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN the OFFICIAL (sort of) Eville Jedi spam thread! NOW FEATURING RIDDLE'S YO MOMMA

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    3 is such a fun age. It honestly is! My niece is 3 and I love it...she needs to never grow up.

I mean it. She's just not allowed to get older and go to high school and start dating.

No. It's just not gonna happen. I'm telling you, any guy that comes within 10 feet of her with the intention of taking her out on a date will have to go through me...

Oh, sorry. Anyway, congrats Red!

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    She has the same reaction when she realises that her relatives have aged three years in the past ... three years :p They aren't allowed to do that apparently :p

*condescending head pat* :p

3. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    That's O.K., I'm the same way, the baby cousin I took care of and changed diapers for is now 20-something, been through college and boyfriends, and a couple of short-lived careers. The cousin a few months younger than me has two kids that I remember as babies, and they are now in school! The reality of aging and getting older sets in... blah...

4. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Wow. It takes a big heart to adopt a child, even if the child is a relative. I pray everything goes well for you. I wish you and the child all the best.

5. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Thinking of all of you (us)

:)

Click me...

Oh yeah...check oout the authors other ones too...

;)

6. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, last night I made the mistake of telling her that if she doesn't qualify for Legal aid, it would cost her about $1200 to petition for him back (which is what I'd be paying to petition for him in the first place) , and she flipped the frak out and said she won't do it, so now I may actually have to fight for him.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Disclaimer: This post is dedicated to the price of gasoline only. I do NOT want to start any sort of political discussion...Thanks.

National GAS OUT!!! Do not buy gas tomorrow on May 15th!!

Hey everyone, you probably heard about this and I for one will not pump gas tomorrow. Get it tonight if you still need it. Together we can hopefully make a difference. Wouldn't you like to see it come down 30 cents instead of go up by that much or more??

More info...

Body: Don't pump gas on may 15th

Body: ...in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide
    in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon
    overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station
    in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
    places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
    network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
    $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companys
    pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th
    and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least
    one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
    your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

8. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Actually, the one day things have very litte impact. What isn't bought the one day is just bought the next. The idea floating out in netspace about discontinuing buying from a particular company (exxon mobile is the one named in the notice) in order to enact a price war would have a bigger/better impact. (At least in theory anyway)
    Basically we all stop buying from places that are supplied by Exxon-Mobile, this in turn should make them drop their prices in order to entice people to buy from them again. IF they drop their prices, the other places will have to drop theirs in order to maintain business.

That's the theory anyway. My question is.. which places are supplied by Exxon-Mobile?

9. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Actually, both strategies are debunked as not working on the urban legends pages, but I think either one would be worthwhile to try.

10. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    I kinda agree with both of you. As a practical detriment, a one-day lock out isn't going to hurt them any. Like Red pointed out, people will just buy the day before or the day after. However, maybe it will send a message that we're fed up and are willing and able to organize to get prices lowered. It might bring the attention that is needed to the situation.

11. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Wooohoooo for biking! No gas required XD
    (then again, I'm just broke as hell, so I couldn't pay for gas if I wanted to).

On an unrelated side note, you should totally see these bruses I'm getting from learning how to juggle things that should be classified as weapons! teehee, I consider them battle scars... XD

If you don't hear from me for a few days, it's cause I got cocky and upgraded to torches too soon... :D :D :D

pssst!...someone get me a job...quick...I can't take this doing-nothing thing anymore
    *bouncy bouncy bouncy* [face_coffee]

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Are you so bored that your primary method of recreation is juggling geese?

[image=http://photos22.flickr.com/33939539_32fb5bfb51.jpg]

13. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    geese, huh? That'd be...difficult, but very very interesting to watch I bet! Sure, why not, I'll try for geese XD

For the record, I'm going back with the clubs tonight...and it's far too wet to be using torches effectivly.

Btw, the guy teaching me all this is a firefly fan (I didn't get it) and he says he'll try to wrangle up some baby geese for us. Just for you, Stacky, just for you :p

14. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    :oops: [face_thinking]

I'm so lost. Geese, juggling, firefly... I am not geek enough I guess. ;)

15. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Cole, you're more than geeky enough...

Need I say...

Poor Jennifer...

:D

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    I'm really hyper and on a coffee high right now, so you can ignore this if you like...

but anyone played the Oblivion expansion Shivering Isles yet? Omg, it's Morrowind on CRACK and LSD at the same time. And the Developers totally watched waaaay too much Star Wars.
    Why? you ask... Allow me to explain!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/jediravenclaw/evolve1.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/jediravenclaw/evolve2.jpg]

oh, and my next project:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/jediravenclaw/dementia1.jpg]
    ZOMG so preeeeeety :D :D :D

(and totally
    [image=http://padawansguide.com/padme/silver/padme_silver_promo1.jpg] + [image=http://padawansguide.com/padme/dark/padme_dark.jpg] with a low neckline and inverted sleeves)

17. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    I'm impressed!!!

PotC didn't suck!

in fact, it was very very good :D

And as I bet a bunch of you haven't seen it yet, I won't post about it here. See my lj if you care for my own personal review XD

bwahahaha..I mean yaaarrrrrr

18. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Ok, I have to get (non-spoiler) clarification. The first movie was fantastic. To me, nearly a perfect movie. The perfect mix of everything. I've watched it about half a dozen times and could still watch it again.

I despised the second film. It was convoluted, drawn-out, and superfluous. I disliked it as much as I liked the first one.

So, you say At World's End didn't suck. Did you like Dead Man's Chest?

I really want AWE to redeem the series, but I'm really scared after looking at rottontomatoes.com

19. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Dead Man's Chest sucked more than Anakin's dialogue in Episode II.

...in my HUMBLE opinion ^_^

20. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Thank you. My hope in humanity has been restored.

21. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    wooohoooo! glad I could help ^_^

See that Stacky?! I'm good for SOMETHING! :D

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I never said you weren't :p

And I think I may just skip films this summer, except maybe Waitress, because after DRIVE was FOX'd after two shows I feel really REALLY BAD for Nathan Fillion :p

23. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Well, she's right....it didn't suck. I don't know that I'd go as far as "very very good" though.

Basically it was twice as good as the second which still makes it only a little better than half as good as the first, luv.

Overall, I give it a 7.5. I don't regret paying the money to see it and I'll even buy it on DVD. It's just not one of my favorite movies like Black Pearl is.

24. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I almost created a 5th wonderfest thread, but I thought I'd post in here instead...:p

Glad everyone had a good time! :)

25. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Same. And it was even better having gone in privateer garb. Somehow, the corset made my viewing expiriance even better :D

P.S. Computers + Freezers = Happy Computers that don't overheat nearly as much!! w000000t!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.