main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Official Superhero Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
  2. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Things aren't sounding good for a Superman sequel anytime soon:

http://weblogs.variety.com/thompsononhollywood/2008/07/snyder-reveals.html?query=legendary

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    1. Titanic $600,788,188
    2. Star Wars $460,998,007
    3. The Dark Knight $454,702,857

So long SW. With having made 23mil in the last week, it will easily pass SW and may even pass the unsinkable Titanic. No punn intended.[face_liarliar]

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    As I told Ron last night, TDK can enjoy being ahead of SW for a little while. Keep in mind its rerelease in 3D looms in the future. Also there is very little chance it will reach Titanic. That last hundred and fifty million, while not impossible to get, will be very hard.

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Possibly. And there's inflation to take into account. But either way, I'd love to see it pass Titanic!

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Finally some good news about MOS:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=5323

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Superman News

Maybe Warner Brothers is finally going to use DC Comics the right way.

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    No, this is the absolute wrong way to do the DC films. Superman needs to be darker? Are you kidding me? Yes, lets take a cookie cutter to TDK and now place its formula over every DC property that exists. That's not doing things the right way, that is idiotic. They are blinded by their greed due to the success of TDK. I don't want all the superheroes to be dark brooding characters, that is what we have Batman for. Characters like the Flash, Greenlantern, Wonderwoman, and especially Superman, do not need to be darker. The characters themselves are meant to give us variety.
    As for Superman, WB doesn't seem to be able and make up their minds. First its a direct sequel revamp, now there's this possible reboot. I say possible because he doesn't actually come out and say, "we are not doing a sequel to SR." Until someone I can trust does, that not being WB, I'll still hold hope that we are getting a revamped sequel to SR with Singer at the helm. Time will tell and I have never been more anxious for news of what's going to happen with a film project as I have been with Superman. Pull the wool out from over your eyes WB!!!

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Actually I was referring to the strategy of interweaving characters into movies, such as Justice League or Batman vs. Superman. I mean the Avengers storyline Marvel is using is a really good idea.

Edit: reread the article and realize Warner is putting the multiple hero movies on hold, never mind. But remember when a movie makes 500 million there will be knockoffs. (Star Wars=Battlestar Galactica in 1978).

10. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah, that's cool. I'm just upset that WB is really so stupid to think taking what worked for one hero will work for all. That is just so arrogant!

DC needs to have direct creative involvement like Marvel, that would be one step that would help.

11. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Sony officially signs Raimi and Maguire for Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5

Speculation about who might be replacing Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man's webbed costume can now come to an end. Both Maguire and director Sam Raimi will be returning for Spider-Man 4, according to Nikki Finke at Deadline Hollywood, and they may be set to return for Spider-Man 5 as well.

According to the report, the studio is looking to film both films at the same time both for reasons of cost effectiveness and because "it wasn't so easy to get everybody back together."

And just who is 'everybody'? Well, it includes Maguire and Raimi. And it's almost a certainty that Kirsten Dunst will be back as well. According to the report Dunst's Mary Jane Watson will be featured, and Sony would "never recast her."

The script for the film was written by Jamie Vanderbilt, and so far the studio is being tight-lipped about the villain and who might play the character. However insiders say that "once you find out who the villain is, you'll know who is playing it." One thing that is certain however is that it won't be a return of Venom. Spider-Man 4 will not follow the trend of The Dark Knight and "going dark".

Principal photography for Spider-Man 4 begins in the fall of 2009.
    On a similar note, while the symbiotic alien costume won't be appearing in Spider-Man 4, Sony has hired screenwriters to begin work on a spin-off Venom film. No word yet on whether or not Topher Grace would return for the starring role.

Source; MovieWeb

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    So I am playing the new "Mortal Kombat vs. DC Comics" XBox 360 game. It is alot of fun, and to me now has one of the great Joker lines of all time.

In the story mode, you play as every DC character including the Joker. During the Captain Marvel segment you meet up with all the hero and villians and reveal that the main bad guy you are after is "Dark Kahn" (a combination of Shoa Khan for Mprtal Kombat and Darkside from DC). When hearing this Joker gets a silly grin on his face and yells out into metroplois sky "KAHN!!!!!" And it echos forever. I am still laughing at the reference. Anyways the game is alot of fun.

13. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this... as late and as dead as the discussion is.
    Here is the true mark of a great movie villian. When the actor scares the **** out of the cast and crew on the set while they're not filming and even off the set. There were interviews where the other actors said they could never tell when Heath Ledger was and wasn't acting.

How many times do you hear an actor being scared because the acting of the villian is so authentic?

14. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    You said it Tim. I can't wait for this gem on DVD!

So, more vague answers about Singer and his involvement in MOS:

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/more/bryan_singer_is_not_not_doing_superman_man_of_steel/

I think I've lost what little hope I had left of any official sequel kids. At this point they might as well wait another 3 or 4 years and reboot.

Can't believe I said that but unless this sequel gets greenlit in the next, let's say, 6 months, I think I will have lost any interest in seeing it happen.

15. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Saw Punisher:War Zone last night. All I can say is they finally got it right. This is the type of Punisher movie that should have been made all along. Very Graphic I might add as well. IMO all four comic movies this year (Iron Man, Incedibile Hulk, TDK and Punisher) were very good. Guess we only have Wolverine next year.

16. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    as far as movies go thats all we have to look forward to. Last I heard, probably really off though, the new Star Wars live action series is supposed to start the end of next year

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I'd have to disagree on this one. I think Punisher should be graphic but this was way over the top. There was so much violence there was practically no story.
    Some ok moments but overall I actually think I like the Tom Jane version a bit better.

18. Wesley_Snipes

Wesley_Snipes Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2008
    Yeah right Thomas Jane was the moody whiny Punisher. That crap with the people in the apartment building was completely not in the spirit of the comics. Have you ever cracked open a Punisher comic? This movie hit the nail on the head. Frank Castle is a killer plain and simple.

19. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    "Way to violent" ... The man uses guns to dispense justice....Ray Stevenson is much the same way to the Punisher as Christan Bale is to Batman, that is playing the character the way the comic is written. To violent...WOW!!! But I do respect your opinion on it, a couple of those scenes were intense for sure.

20. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Intense violence wasn't the problem, it was the amount of it. At least the Tom Jane version had an attempt at a larger story.
    I mean it was just one big bloodfest. Even the grandma got her head blown off.
    Like I said, I'm all for a more violent punisher, and while this new punisher was great at portraying him, I think it's still possible to take Punisher over the top.
    The character can still be out for dead justice without every killing having people explode, blow apart and blood running in gushing fountains.
    I saw it with four others, one was a huge Punisher fan. He also felt the same way.
    I'm not stopping anyone from liking the movie, but this wasn't my favorite.
    For me, it's as if they went from not having enough violence and grit in the other version, so they went a complete 180 on this film and made it a total bloody mess.
    That might have been what some wanted but I feel there was a balance they could have had while still keeping the raw edge.

21. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Saw the "Wolverine" Trailer last night. It looks pretty sweet. Next Summer is gonna be a great movie season for sure.

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  23. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    I personally think thats awesome
    Despite Jackson being like 60.. he still looks and acts much younger

And I really disagree with the comments on that website... Jackson is a really good actor and I think he can pull of this role really well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.