main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    **Alisha lightly touches on her Padawan braid, slowly regaining her focus. Taking a deep breath, she answers**

No...it is not...exactly the color that harms a person. It is only the person wielding the lightsaber.

**At the second question, she grows uncomfortable.**

As a character in the Shadow War: Times End Roleplay, I have grown to fear the color through my past. There was an attack on my homeworld of Shili, and all I could see were the...red blades of the Sith. Now whenever I see the color as a blade, it just screams destruction and...and pain. I'm trying but clearly failing to stop this way of thinking.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen moves his blood-red blade into another formal salute pose and tracks Padawan's wary gaze the entire time as he does so*

'Such traumas are hard to overcome. Yet, my blood-red lightsaber has been lit before you for minutes. Have I moved against you? Fear is the major hindrance I sense in you, Padawan. I am no longer Sith. My blade will never seek to harm anyone deliberately ever again. I made this promise to myself and the galaxy when I graduated from a Pupil under Mentor Toru in the ways of Febrayasis to a Mentor of it.

'As you've seen higher in the thread with my training of 711, I am willing to show that certain things *can* and *do* cause harm and must be treated carefully or protected against. I take no pleasure in causing anyone harm since coming to see that the Sith are misguided, yet, sometimes, a bit of pain--of consequence--is the only way people *learn*; especially if they have deeply entrenched preconceived notions or flawed teaching.

'I, myself, was *very* angry when I first began studying Febrayasis. Mentor Toru, seeing that lightning manifests easily when I'm in a negative mood, taught me how to release my anger via lightning use in a fashion *non-harmful* to others. It is a Febrayasi stress relief technique called: Harmony Through Lightning. I will not teach you Febrayasis, as you are not inclined to it, do not worry.' *Gestures with a hand in a placating manner* 'I an simply trying to convey that preconceived notions may be overcome given patience, faith, and guidance.'

3. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Alisha quickly notices that her own eyes are locked with the red blade, especially bright from the mist. She can only nod to Thimen's words.**

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Emerging from deep thought, Mentor Thimen walks directly before Padawan in measured steps* *Gazing down into her wide eyes steadily, the Chiss says: 'I am going to ask you to do something now that both the Sith and the Jedi would frown upon and likely vehemently oppose. Are you listening, Pupil, hmmm?'*Seeing Padawan's wide eyes stare up at him with fear and interest, Thimen decides to test his theory* 'I want you to take my lightsaber and hold it. Study all of it's detail, the etching in it's hilt, the weight of the hilt, the vibrancy of it's blade. Only through *experience* will you come to trust that what I say is true. The weilder of a red blade does *not* automatically let *negativity* rule him. I know this is a difficult thing I ask but remember: be brave, trust the Force, and face your fear.'

*Thimen's grasp upon his weapon relaxes noticeably but it hardly wavers from it's formal salute position as the Chiss Mentor waits to see what Padawan will do*

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *bows to Insipid*

*looks over to Shira*

he is wise to want to learn the truth

a definitive force user if I ever saw one

6. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Uncertainty and fear visibly flit across Alisha's face. The thought of even touching a red bladed lightsaber... She gazed down at the ground, not noticing Thimen relax slightly from his salute. Slowly, she lifts her head, and she extends a hand. Hesitantly, she touches the activated hilt, and to her surprise, senses no negativity about it. It is just the feeling of...of metal.**

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen keeps his activated weapon absolutely still as he watches the young one touch his hilt* 'Good. Now, answer this: What am I trying to convey to you in this lesson besides the conquering of your fears, hmmm? Consider your answer. I'm not going anywhere.' *Thimen smiles slightly at Padawan*

8. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *talks quietly to Shira*

the reason many fear the red blade is because Sith usually use synthtic crystals, not natural pure crystals, thus making the blade stronger

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    OOC: Rick: I never did buy that reasoning, myself. I always thing natural trumps synthetic in quality.

Comp being a snail like usual? :p

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Alisha's fingertips remain on the hilt, and she slowly wraps her hand around it. Slowing her breathing, she considers an answer.**

It is...showing that a red lightsaber is not necessarily an evil one...that the user defines the lightsaber...not the other way around.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen nods* 'That is the most obvious answer, yes. Yet by no means the only one. If you take my blade from my hand it will also mean I am trusting you with it, and that I have the faith that you will be merciful enough not to harm me for daring to extend that trust. A lightsaber-wielder does not *easily* entrust his weapon to another.*Eyes Padawan carefully to see if she's listening* 'It would also equally be a display of great trust from you in me because you believe my message.

'Even so, if you do take the blade fully in your hand, take care not to get sloppy. It is a fully-powered laser sword, after all.'

12. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Nods to Thimen's words, and gives a small smile at his warning.**

I see...it is also a symbol of trust...

**Even so, she is still slow moving as she grips the red-bladed hilt a bit more strongly in her hand, then moves her second hand toward it. Paying attention to it's weight, she notes that it is not much heavier than her own.**

In a book I read, it said the lightsaber is...also a symbol of hope, for some people.

13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen nods in approval at Padawan's words* *Very lightly, the Chiss minutely adjusts Padawan's grip upon the hilt of his blade so it rests more naturally within her hand* *Thimen is encouraged by Padawan's courage but doesn't prod her to quicken her rate of action*

OOC: Paddy: Yes, I can well believe that some see the lightsaber as a symbol of hope. You, like Shira, seem very inclined to lightsaber combat disciplines. May I suggest that you allow Sistros to train you in these as I, Dooku, am very wary of any conflict or combat?

Beyond a set point in Story Two of our fanfic series, Thimen will *not* possess or use a lightsaber. He will use a staff, instead but usually only in meditation or training. His natural Force talents lie *outside* combat entirely.

14. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Thank you mentor

*walks over from the obstacle course and all his running, exhausted and breathing heavily he bows in front of Thimen*

OOC: see now you have to stay DD you don't want to leave your pupil hanging do you?:p

15. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Maintaining his very precise grip on his lightsaber as Padawan continues struggling with whether to take the leap of faith that the Chiss Mentor was asking of her, Thimen inclines his head to the newly arrived Tano Is Awesome. Voice soft and even, Thimen comments: 'Good evening, Pupil. Dooku has updated her sig and profile to reflect that you are now my Febrayasi Pupil. She is now intending to stay with the boards after the move if at all possible. She, as well as I, are surprised and honored by you three's genuine interest.'

*Thimen glances sidelong at his wrist chronometer* 'You've lasted nearly a Terran day of non-stop activity. Impressive. Do you feel you've hit the threshold of your endurance level solidly, Pupil?' *Luminescent eyes narrow slightly as Thimen studies his male student*

16. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    **Now hiding the lightsaber hilt in both hands, Alisha slowly begins to hold it herself. Startled by her own move, and still wary of the red blade, she nearly drops it. Reminding herself that it is only a lightsaber, she then takes note of the lightsaber's designs... **

OOC: I suppose I could try giving him a request, but I'm not so sure if he'd accept, given how wary he is of me. I'm afraid I may end up hostile again...

17. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *looks up at his mentor*

Ive come pretty close. Now what is your next lesson?

OOC: I want to say real quick even though I haven't officially made him yet my character is a Bith Jedi named Ciscerian.

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Thimen, impressed that Padawan has recovered her poise quickly and was holding his red blade on her own, murmurs quietly: 'Good. Peace, Padawan. Internal balance is crucial to overcoming fear. Relax and let the Force guide you.'

OOC: Paddy: Rick is very perceptive, particularly for a young man. He's wary of you because your mistrust of him has been *glaring* ever since he dared tell you he is neither a Jedi or a Sith. If you are *genuinely* willing to try and tame down some of your reactiveness pertaining to 'all non-Jedi = bad' and *listen* to what he says I believe he will genuinely consider training you...at least in the ways of the saber. You are still wary of Febrayasis, so we will not train you in that at the present time. Yet skills outside of it but pertaining to Force skills--I think is doable as long as you strive not to condemn us for having non-Jedi approaches. :)

OOC: Tano Is Awesome: I never intended for Thimen to be a RP character. Yet, he's rather become that as he isn't physically limited like me. *Thoughtful* I see. Would you rather 'play' your char: Bith Force-sensitive named Ciscerian when you are being Thimen's Pupil, then? In other words should I call you Pupil Ciscerian rather than Tano Is Awesome? It makes no difference to me. I prefer the student have a name they *like*. :D

*Thimen crosses his arms over his chest and gazes down at the boy before him* 'A lesson in stillness.'

19. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *asks his mentor*I don't understand. A lesson in stillness. How are you gonna do that? And how does that have anything to do with your teachings?

OOC: either one is fine. I like both of them so whichever one you want to use will be fine.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Amused at Ciscerian's innocence, a very brief laugh escapes the Chiss Mentor* 'Ah, youth. How I miss it. Stillness doesn't solely mean the lack of movement, Pupil. It also deals with mental clarity, focus, and comprehension. I just ran you ragged. You must learn to listen to your body as well as the Force. At the moment no threats loom large over the academy. There is no dire mission you must dash off to.'

*Thimen moves a distance away from where Padawan continues to study and hold his lightsaber* *Keeping both youths within his line of sight, he settles easily into a cross-legged meditation posture* *Gesturing to Ciscerian with a mute beckoning hand gesture, the Mentor awaits his pupil's approach*

21. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *turns to SIstros* I don't understand. If synthetic crystals make the blade stronger (and I happen to agree with Dooku in this), then why wouldn't the Jedi use them as well?

*turns back to Alisha with a slight smile* I wish I could face my fear as readily as she faces hers.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Dooku enters thread and wheels beside Agile Horse* Good morning, Pupil. [:D] I think the reason why Jedi don't use synthetic crystals is because they see them as tainted, beneath them.

*Turns to the activities down below on the training mats* I am glad Padawan is doing so well. I didn't expect her to respond this quickly. *Sees Padawan cautiously tilt her wrist so Thimen's red blaze softly hums as she executes a very slow zigzag motion with the weapon under Thimen's watchful gaze*

23. AmiraMalicious

AmiraMalicious Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2011
  24. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    *Ciscerian looks at the new comer*

Other then language just fine

25. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    *sniggers at 711's comment*