main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official TATOOINE TV Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Sith_Hunter, Aug 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Hunter

Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    Hello again. Well, after a bumpy start, we have captured feedback and gone back to the drawing board grasping what went right and are ready to emerge swinging again.

What is Tatooine TV? Tatooine TV is a Star Wars television cable channel for your ears. No Star Wars characters have died, and anything goes.

Episodes will include one or two bits each running from about 1 to 2 minutes (not including credits).

The bits are shorter and jump right to the jokes now, and I have stumbled upon some of the best vocal performers I have ever heard. It is very exciting now. I am a newbie, but I am learning fast. I appreciate the help from you folks here.

A standing request is for donated vocal talent. Since, this is an ever-rotating subject and scripted show (and not an ensemble cast), I need male and female voices all the time. If you are interested, PM me and let me know.

2. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Tatooine TV has a new home! It's http://www.jrdonline.com. Tatooine TV #1, #2 and #3 are out. They include some stuff from the Teaser, and some new stuff. Check it out!

3. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Alright, man, your page on Fanworks is up and operational.

4. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Tatooine TV Episode 4 is now up on jrdonline.com

5. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I was skeptical at first, but these keep getting better and better.

We will be reviewing this project and Rise of Nobility on the October edition of Requiem of the Outcast.

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Fanworks page for Tatooine TV has been updated, as has the People section.

7. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Need a little help. Who can do Chewie and/or Jango voices? Send me some tests. Also, who has some Vader breathing that is separate from background sounds, music, etc. I remember reading that someone recorded the "scuba tank in the bathroom" setup like Ben Burtt did in '76. I heard that there was a portion of the breathing from ROTJ could be used in a loop situation. I just thought maybe those wavs or mp3s were floating around somewhere. Thanks all. Jeff

8. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Tatooine TV episode #5 is out now on jrdonline.com. "Got Blue Milk" was a parody I was compelled to do, sorry if it isn't 'totally new'. I think it came out really well, thanks to Shawn Crosby.

9. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Hello. Tatooine TV episode #6 is out now on jrdonline.com. It includes The Animal psychic with "The Unhappy Krayyt Dragon", and Blasterfire! with James Cartwheel. This one had bigger casts, more foley work and was quite a challenge. Enjoy, and leave your comments at the new jrdonline.com Mesage Boards. Thanks.

10. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I can do chewie

11. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Excellent- I will send you a script. Thanks.

12. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Jeff: The Shawn Crosby working with you is the same Shawn as the guy behind the Lux Radio Theater project, right? I tried emailing him earlier about whether they might want me to set up a Fanworks page like you have fot Tatooine TV to help bring people to their site, but got no response. Any chance you can discuss the idea with him?

13. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Tatooine TV update: Hey gang. I'm taking a bit of a break through the end of the year. Work is getting crazy, and I have to move this weekend. Tatooine TV will return. Ep. 7 is almost released. Ep. 8 is still being edited. Thanks to the fans, and those who think its "unfunny". We learn from everyone, but we like our fans better. Caio for now.

14. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Whether you think its Funny or Unfunny, Tatooine TV episode 7 is here! Make sure you are a Star Wars fan, and bring your funnybone (rent one if you don't have one) and come along to jrdonline.com

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I'll add info on that when I add info for the new SWD tomorrow night. Weee.

16. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I really like the new intro. Some people may not dig the video to audio, and you put up a no-nonsense intro to it. Very cool. I look forward to the episodes getting better and better! Do you have any idea how many releases are planned, or are you doing them as they are thought up and recorded?

17. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Thanks about the intro. It was fun to do. The way I do Tatooine TV is write as much as I can possibly write in a block of time. I'm now running them by the voice actors for hints and help (See Janine, I do listen). After the scripts are finished, I'll send them all out for recording. The wavs of the scripts will trickle in, and I'll start to edit and mix them. The direction of some of the parodies change quite a bit during the editing process. Sometimes lines are re-recorded for a new theme that appears during an ad-lib take. I wanted the episodes to be short, so I could release two or so bits at a time to stretch out the new episodes for weeks or months if I needed. Whenever I have blocks of free time, I need to take advantage of it either writing or editing when I can. I guess the "Professional" look of the website was due to the fact that I have bigger plans for jrdonline.com. I am putting together a couple of sci-fi dramas (I am very excited about these. Read a little more about these on the jrdonline.com message boards) that have nothing to do with Star Wars, and one that does. I know I'm not a "pro" at this time, but I do have better than a "normal" computer mic, what I think are great software programs, and I have a higher goals to be more professional as time goes on. I'll lighten up the site, but I didn't think people would think I was serious about doing parodies. I really enjoy what I'm doing. Its balls of fun, and I am taking people along who have the same dreams of doing voices. Future releases? Episode 8 is almost done. Its a Dr. Phil parody that includes the two gals from Animal Psychic, and Shawn Crosby. The levels were tough to match, but its a funny bit, and I may release just the one bit, we'll see. I want to do a Christmas show, so we'll see. There's a Sigfried and Roy parody rolling around my head. Oh, Rich, I need your "Ladies Man" voice for a script I've got. Interested? Let me know. The Chewie voice script has been pushed out a little bit.

18. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Jeff: A possible idea, and if you do it and have a part I could help with . . . ;)

What about something like:

Law and Order: Imperial Inquisitors

And maybe it's spinoffs

Law and Order: Jedi Temple Unit
    Law and Order: Smuggler's Intent

Or somesuch. The possibilities are endless.

::returns to watching L&O:CI DVDs::

19. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Tatooine TV #8 is now released! It is the Dr. Phil parody. Enjoy.

20. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Hey all, a bit of an update. My wife and I have moved into our new house, and I am finding all the recording equipment in the boxes as we unpack. Last week, Wild Bill Lundin interviewed me, and I digitized it, and am editing it now. I believe I will release it as a ancillary product to Tatooine TV sometime this week. It will be longer than most, so I will segment it. Writing is hot and heavy for the Tatooine TV Christmas show. The Star Wars Christmas Carol will be a hoot. I believe that I will record the bulk of it live around one mic. It could be really good or a crack up fest. Also, I have a super surprise. Back in the late seventies I heard the funniest rendition of the 12 days of Christmas (and I've heard them all. I don't believe anyone else has heard this version- ever.), and a friend of mine came across it a few months back, and I will include it in the Christmas show as well. William also recorded the 'Bantha Fodder Diet' bit, so that will be making its way into a Tat TV very soon. I also got a call from the globe-trotting Shawn Crosby who just got back from holiday. He has a few redos and new recordings that will be making their way to future epsiodes. I knew the break wouldn't last long...

21. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    If you do a Law and Order bit, I know Ron would be down with that!

22. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    The Time Has Come...

The Tatooine TV 2003 Christmas Show is now released!

The show includes:
    "The Spy"
    and
    "12 Days"

Head over to jrdonline.com and download it today!

Merry Christmas ya'll. Thanks to all the vocal performers and friends who have performed and spread the word this year. Thanks Nathan for all you do. Just think- we start all over again next year.

23. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Tatooine TV #9 is out now!

24. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Ahem... A Dune Home Companion. Garrison Keillor is begging for a parody.

25. Sith_Hunter

Apr 19, 2001
    Very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.