main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR The Official "Things We'd Like to See in ToR" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    [face_laugh] Hey, I liked gizka. I thought they were cute. :p

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I hadn't though much about pets. Sure, we get companions, but maybe we just want a Monky-Lizard, or tiny flying ball droid following you around.

Granted, it would be weird to see a Sith Inquistor with a cute pet following it around, but you could say the same thing about a Warlock or Death Knight with a cute bunny pet and practicing herbalism (flower picking) in WOW.

On a semi-related note...will they have mounts? And If they do, will they just be animals, or will they have vehicles as well?

3. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Well, that's the sequence of events as Wookieepedia tells it. :p

And the statue idea? Pure win. That might be enough to get me to play a Jedi class instead of the Imperial Agent I was planning on.

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Vastly inappropriate, and complete ignorance of my polite request.

As for pets, I think ToR should tread lightly in terms of doing things that other MMOs are doing just for the sake of the fact that other MMOs (wow specifically) have done it. That being said, Galaxies did have pets and it was glorious. It was a profession, but if I'm able to tame another Graul or Rancor or (adult diapers willing) a Krayt Dragon that would be superbly super. Little non-combat pets are only fun in WoW the moment you get them, then they pretty much are just another stat in your pet log, no one really cares about them.

And sorry for bringing up the first comment above, i dont read this forum very often and only just got to getting through this thread.

5. Kalphite

Kalphite Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2009
    First of all, I think what I said previously was taken completely out of context -- but all the same apologies if I offended anybody.

[/quote]

That's too recent in my opinion. I want Tython to be a real ancient place to explore, where the first Jedi were originally and haven't been back since.

If the Exile and/or lost Jedi set up their temple on Tython, that would mean that it's only been uninhabited for a few hundred years. One of the ToR timelines mentions the Jedi wanting to go back to Tython to reconnect with their origins and seek guidance from the force -- to me it seems silly the the Order would want to go back there so soon to do this.

6. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I'd like to see the Sith as sorcerers and gods, and actually like the ancient true Sith they supposedly are, not a bunch of cliché Dark Jedi which I fear may be what we actually see. I want to see Sith magic and alchemy. I want to explore Korriban, more than just the Sith Academy and a few tombs, but the entire Valley of the Dark Lords, and many other areas; the Valley of the Dark Lords was not the only burial site on Korriban. What about the Valley of Golg? I'd like to be able to explore every single tomb we've been able to glimpse at in TOTJ and other images of the Valley of the Dark Lords. I'd like to see many historical sites which allow us to piece together the ancient past; Tython has a lot of potential there too. I'd also like everything to feel like TOTJ, as it is set thousands of years in the past after all. KOTOR 2 managed to achieve this to a degree, although I still hope for more of an ancient feel. I'm also still hoping for actual true Sith who predate the arrival of the Jen'jidai and fled to the Unknown Regions, as Obsidian originally intended, rather than the remnants of the Sith Empire of Sadow and Ragnos and the like (and even then, it doesn't look like the Sith Empire either).

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Problem with that is, if you ever come home and find that it soiled the Bantha-fur rug and then decide to whack-it, two more idiots will pop-up to take it's place.[face_alien_1][face_alien_1]

8. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm hoping they'll eventually bring in nonhuman options. Not all of us want to play humans... :(

9. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    The more Tales of the Jedi species are included, frankly, the better. Yeah, we all know there's gonna be Wookiees, Mon Cals, Rodians, Bothans, and ten thousand other "movie" species in the game, but the question is, how many playable races are gonna be EU-derived? I want to see Neti, Vultan, Miraluka, Tchuukthai, Nazzar, Draethon, Cathar, or some other mixture of TotJ species/races, with at least some of these playable.

For example, how cool would it be to play as a Celegian? OK, THAT one's never gonna happen in a million freaking years, but you get my point. This game needs to be as distinctive from the movie time periods as possible, and having a higher balance of non-Lucas species is one way to get there.

10. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Still hoping for Red Sith personally.

Also, I am sure I mentioned this before, but I feel like saying it anyway: vehicles! Not necessarily space gameplay, but combat vehicles of some kind. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to have completely different controls: many MMOs have added flight mechanics that work fine with just a mouse, and I think WOTLK really integrated vehicles well.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    "Still hoping for Red Sith personally." --Ditto. But I doubt we'll see them.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagine it'll eventually happen, as the game progresses. If Killiks are used, after all.

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    That would be huge, Sinre. The can that opens; with their release into our mainstream hands, is ripe with all kinds of stories, plots etc... I drool over anything more about the Red Sith origins in a setting like this.

14. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Canon wise, we know from the KotOR CG that there are Kissai and Massassi colonies out there anyway so its not outside the realm of possibility that Red Sith might exist within the True Sith. I think a nice explanation as to why there are so many humans and other races serving within the Empire is simply the Sith doing what the Mandalorians did in the Mandalorian Wars, namely recruit other races into their ranks to bolster their numbers. So canon wise and explanation wise, there is room for Red Sith but whether they actually do it is another matter.

I would love to see them, personally and as possible companions for player characters. I mentioned this in the literature forum but will mention it here as well. I would like to see both Onderon (plus Dxun) and Arkania in the game as further worlds in the game. Onderon has a rich history and featured in KotOR2 plus has so many beasts that it would be interesting. Perhaps Onderon being one of the worlds that staunchly supports the Republic in this dark time? Arkania would also be nice to see since it was the site of a Sith library so would be nice to see Sith trying to reclaim some lost knowledge from that world. Plus, nice to see Arkanians... always liked the race.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Arkania is my 100% wish, personally. Considering how the system is connected to the KotoR comics, see we shall.

16. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    One of the things I've wanted to see in a Star Wars game since Jedi Outcast and SWG is the ability to fully customize lightsabers. I really liked how KOTOR set up its system, but I'd like to see that expanded to the hilt as well. In lore, a lightsaber was the most personal thing a Jedi possessed- far more than robes or haircuts or insignias. Being able to design your own blade would go great lengths toward player immersion.

17. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    It is worth noting that in a thread about why there were no red sith, a developer came in and said " Or maybe, just maybe, there's a great deal of the Empire yet to be seen."

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2646180

18. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    And TotJ comics and everything from that era . . . even in the games we got plenty of Arkanian hardware . . .

But I want them to choose between Arkania or Feleucia. If they take the last, easier one, they become a Clone Wars pastiche. Tempting, that path is. Easy. Fast. With promises of great sales and tie ins. But if they choose the second path, that of Arkania, a true successor of Kotor they can become. [face_yoda]

19. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I'd like to see Corellia. It's one of THE major planets during the exploration age of the Republic (only mentioned in guidebooks and the like), and while it's fairly important around the time of the movies, I'd like to see it in the prime of its influence on the galaxy; Corellia doing things, instead of it having exported its population to the rest of the galaxy and just being a side issue to most stories.

20. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Really, there are a number of planets to choose from. I don't know why but I would also like Felucia to appear since I kind of like that world for some reason. Still, I hope they put priority on TotJ/KotOR worlds so Onderon, Arkania, maybe Empress Teta etc.

21. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I´d like to see some more flexibility in Partys. It is a huge let-down they go for such classical groupings. But I guess too much risk involved in playing around with possibilities.

22. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
  23. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Space Combat

24. SpaceMonkey10

SpaceMonkey10 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 2, 2006
    I'd like to see the only two things I liked about SWG:

1. Crafting. The crafting in SWG was great. Rare elements, and different results from misxing different level items... that was great.
    2. Player housing. Just adds a little individualism to the game.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I would like to fly a Meditation Sphere, in hindsight. This sounds quite fun.

I would also like there to not be the 'Darth' title used for the Emperor. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.