main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I thought that it would be nice if we had a thread in which we could talk about whatever we want, serious or silly.

So, come on in here and talk about anything you wish. Rant about work. Share the small triumphs of your life. Tell us anything you wish (Within reason, of course. There are some things we don't need to know. )

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Work sucked last night :p

3. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Spacbals, I saw it 2 years ago and it is the FUNIEST MOVIE EVER!!!! Any of you seen it

(P.S. If you havent go out and rent it)

SPACE BALLS

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Directed a Lord of the Rings Tournament yesterday at the new Tiger Lilly's store in Fuquay. First prize was a box of Two Towers boosters, entry fee was $10. Chapel Hill guys Shaun Blanchard, Vivek Chilikuri, and Lucas Stevens took the prize. Management was pretty impressed that I bought a full retail box of boosters. Pizza next door was pretty good, too.

Tomorrow is my 6th year anniversary for running. I'll be freezing my widdle boom-boom off tomorrow at Run for the Roses in Raleigh to commemorate the moment.

5. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    It's kind of icy, Churches and privat schools are alredy cansling!!! :eek:

6. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    (To batman toon)dan nun nun nun spaceballs spaceballs space balls.

7. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    So, I didn't get into graduate school at UNC. They said they didn't receive all the required application materials on time. So, I'm trying to figure out what went wrong. I have now dropped any nostalgic feelings I had towards the UNC b-ball team and am now a straight up Duke fan. Hmph. :)

Waiting to hear from the school in Texas - cross your fingers!

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm pullin' for you, Starburstlvr! Good luck! :)

9. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    Well, if anyone needs luck - have Tallon pulling for you!

I got an e-mail from the graduate advisor of that grad school in TX and I am in!! Here it is:
    We have already gone over your application and we will be recommending to the Graduate School
    that you be accepted into our program.

You will receive a letter from the Graduate School and from us in the near future.

(blah blah stuff about a question concerning assistantships)

Congratulations!

10. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Strong you are with the Force! :)

11. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    Good job starburstlvr :) :D . Since this is the thered for it I am going to play rooler hocky.

<Edit=I kned to know how to spell it first :(>

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Son Adam is graduating from Naval Nuke school 3/14 - will take a vacation week immediately following.

I just came back from the Lord of the Rings -Battle of Helm's Deep pre-release in Charlotte - I scrubbed out but had tons of fun.

Setting up Decipher demos and tourneys at the Greensboro Toy show in April.

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Star Wars CCG classic tournaments are back!

Borders Books in Cary Saturday March 1st 1PM FREE Be there!

Win a cool tshirt!

14. xwingcrash

xwingcrash Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2003
    Ok so I have lurked long enough thought I would post and say hi.

My wife is trying to encourage me to work less and play more.

I am really interested in the greensboro show in april.

and yes all my emails/posts sound like they were written by western union.

laters

15. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Thats cool. I just put my money for the tickets in the mail today. Its going to be great!!

Funny thing..In the Technician today they had some horoscopes and I read mine it was kind of funny it said:

Sagittarius:
    Is there a toy you've been thinking about, or a special vacation to take? Put money down on a gift for yourself, for being such a good kid.

Hehe

16. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Hello! I just ordered Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. Thats about it. Oh, and I emailed this really cute girl at my school, but ya'll wouldn't want to hear about that...

All you need is love!

17. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    if (Next.Week == 3 tests + 2 programs (1 assembly & 1 java) + 4 homeworks) {
    return Scary;
    }

18. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Crappy weather today (yesterday?), the one other person who was supposed to be working with me today (yesterday?) called in sick, so it was just me and the manager to take care of the entire store except for the pharmacy, which had three people. Fortunately, the store was pretty dead, thanks to the aforementioned crappy weather. Working alone is becoming far too common, though.

19. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    Well, except for forgetting that there are only 28 days this month and that my credit card bill is due March 1st - so, uh, I guess I'm mailing it March 1st, and except for me having to buy a brand new tire - luckily the old one didn't blow out on me - I'm fine.

My biggest complaint has nothing to do with Star Wars - it's with the film adaptation of Phantom of the Opera. I love the music and story (it's my favorite Broadway musical and the only one I really care about)but Joel Schumacher - the only director I loathe with a passion is set on directing it - and now they're talking Antonio Banderas to play the Phantom - shoot me now! No! Shoot me because Schumacher is directing it then throw my body in the river because Banderas will probably star in it. There was talk of Hugh Jackman doing it - and I know for a fact that man can sing (I've heard cast recordings of some of the musicals he's starred in). He did many musicals in Australia and London. But no - they have to get Antonio, who can't sing half as well as Jackman and sure as heck can't pull off singing the Phantom (sorry guys that takes someone with a strong singing background and the right voice), not to mention he's Spanish and last time I checked the Phantom wasn't. Wasn't he English or French - something like that. Anyway, I am biased to Jackman and his singing, but in all honesty this doesn't surprise me since Schumacher is on board. Leave it up to him to ruin two great cultural icons - the first being the Batman movie series and now he has to lay his filthy hands on Phantom of the Opera. Argh!

Okay, I'm done now. Wow, I'm glad we have this thread... hehe.

20. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Starburstlvr, have you heard Banderas sing Phantom? Its absolutely gorgeous, second only to Michael Crawford in my opinion. I have both versions on my computer. Phantom of the Opera is deffinately my favorite show. I'm really excited because I just got tickets to see Phantom in April, I can't wait!! I've always wanted to go and I managed to get really good seats too. One bad thing.... I cleaned my room and now I can't find the tickets, I'm really worried about it. I hope I find them or else I hope they can replace them.

21. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    Why doesnt TTF have a icon?

22. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    ::sending Jedi_Natalie a positive Jedi mind trick to discover where those tix arez:: :)

::sending Starbrstlvr warm fuzzies::
    Don't worry, there's nothing like a live performance... save room in your heart for a
    great movie that may surprize you when it comes out... :)

23. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    If its OK with Don maybe over spring break I could make a TTF logo/icon. I've been learning a lot about graphics through my NC State site and the new site I'm working on for GSK.

I really want to make business cards for my web site too so I can hand them out to people I meet at the Toy Show and other events. Another spring break project.

Oh yah, I'm still working on it but I"m making a quicktime movie of some of the previous events we have done. If anyone is interested in a current copy just IM me (luvbengals). Its far from done but maybe over spring break I can finish that one too.

24. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    As far as I know, Banderas has never sang as the Phantom in any stage show - although he did sing something for some celebration they had. One reviewer said : "Antonio Banderas was a surprise -- he was very good singing the pieces from Evita, but not as good singing the title song from Phantom of the Opera -- there were some minor errors in his phrasing and he sounded like he was a bit out of his voice range." Even some of the best tenors have a difficult time pulling off the Phantom role.
    I think my hatred of Schumacher and my bias towards Jackman is rubbing off onto Banderas who is an actor I enjoy immensely.

I'm sure I wouldn't have half as much a problem with Banderas doing Phantom if Jackman had other obligations and was unable to do the role and Schumacher wasn't directing the movie.

25. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Natalie, you're hired! Your graphic expertise & knowledge will be an excellent addition to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.