main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Old Republic - Renaissance

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by TheGoodImperial, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    [image=http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/star-wars-the-old-republic-mmo-logo.jpg]

Renaissance

The wars have ended. The era of strife has come and gone.

But the great conflicts of the past years have demanded a terrible price.

[b]The Old Republic[/b] is on the brink of destruction. All it´s achievments are in danger to be lost in a dark age of the galaxy. Billions have died in the brutal struggles against the Mandalorians and the Dark Loords of the Sith. Planets like Ossus, Althir, Kathar, Taris, Katarr and Telos have been sacked or destroyed forever.

And the Jedi . . .

[image=http://www.j-board.net/wbb2/attachments-old/STAR%20WARS-Dateien/deadjedi.jpg]

Once the guardians of freedom, peace and justice in the galaxy they have been hunted and killed until only a few dozens remained. These survivors are now scattered and most of them wander the galaxy alone. Some try to preserve their old ways, while others gave in to darker urges and despair.

Even the once mighty fleet of the Old Republic is now only a shadow of it´s former self. Battered and overstrained the ships patrol the many systems of the Old Republic in a desperate struggle to regain the stabilty and order of the better days long gone.
    Yet there is hope.

It weren´t only the powers of order and reason that suffered from the bloody years of war. The Mandalorians are scattered and broken by the past conflict. The dreaded Sith were betrayed by their own Dark Lord and hunted down. What little remained of them devoured itself in an insane struggle for power, leadership and their twisted ideals.

And finally there is peace.

An exhausted and uneasy peace, perhaps. But it is peace. And for the first time in centuries the planets of the Old Republic discuss matters that do not concern battles or wars. They come together in the senate to discuss restoration and the return to better days.

[image=http://reignguild.net/gallery/plog-content/images/star-wars-the-old-republic/concept-art/galatic-senate.jpg]

[b]The Renaissance of the Republic[/b] has begun.

But darkness is patient.

Darkness is malicious.

And darkness . . .

. . . has many faces.

[image=http://www.paploo.de/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Sith-Dark-Council.jpg]

[hr]
    [hr]

Welcome to Renaissance. This game is set 2 years after the events of [b] Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords [/b] and about 260 years before the attack on Coruscant, that will lead to the upcoming MMO [b]The Old Republic[/b]. It will play in the times and places of Bioware´s little corner of the Star Wars universe. I designed it to serve as a sequel to the comics and games portraying the Sith Wars and a prequel to the upcoming MMO.

[hr]

[i]About player, about characters . . . [/i]

Thid id s game for everyone. No matter how much time you spend around here, no matter how much experience you got in RPing. As long as you enjoy this and we can agree on a fitting character, you will always be welocme!

All kinds of characters are possible. From the High Chancellor to a simple soldier on the front of restoration. A Jedi or a simple farmer can be the center of your story. or even a Sith or Despot or a dreaded Mandalorian! Yet there are some rules you should be aware of: Canon characters are welcome.

[u]But I block Revan, The Exile and the Sunriders[/u], as I want to stay as close to canon as possible and upcoming releases will tell their story. Everybody else is fair game, but has to stay in line with established canon. Every player can have up to two characters. Nevertheless, I encourage everyone to try original characters.

Possible character archetypes and some background and restrictions will follow in a second post in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_resource/b10757/31699779/p1/?0]dedicated library thread in the RPR. [/link]

[image=http://pixelgoblin.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/coruscant_at_night.jpg]

[b]The Character-Sheet[/b]

Name:
    Planet of Birth:
    Rank&Affiliation: 
    The Force: Yes or No
    Weapons:
    Equipment

2. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    The pre-game is hereby opened. Please send all character sheets to me for approval. If you want to play Jedi, Sith or canon characters or if you simply desire inspiration and background have a look at out Library of the Old Republic where I made some useful notes.

This game will be GMed by me. My special Co-GM is SirakRomar. We will explain here role when the opening day comes closer.

So, this game will being on:

Monday the 16th May

May the force be with you!

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Yes, I am Co-GM here. My first time, so don´t try anything stupid. :p Despite that I will be kept in the dark about one storyline to be able to participate as a player and play my . . . lovely . . . self-approved

Name: Bastila Shan
    Species: Human
    Planet of Birth: Talravin
    Appearance: [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071010012529/starwars/images/thumb/c/c8/BastilaAvatar.jpg/450px-BastilaAvatar.jpg]
    Rank&Affiliation: Jedi Knight
    The Force: Yes
    Weapons: Double-bladed lightsaber (golden)
    Equipment: Robes
    Bio:

Her story became legend among the stars.

Like so many Jedi who remain, Bastila has been hiding during the Jedi Purge. What her reasons have been or what she did in the past years since Revan´s departure remains a mystery. Rumors told, she stayed in contact with Admiral Onasi who she considers a close friend. Others say she trained Jedi in hiding. Whatever thre truth is, the force has made her return to Coruscant lately. With a new found dedication to rebuild the Jedi Order she has used the old frequencies to call for any Jedi remaining to come to the old temple to discuss the future of their order.

For the first time since Katarr the Jedi will finally gather again. The conclave will be a rebirth to their order, Bastila believes. And she knows the force has a role for her to play in this reconstruction. The only thing she doesn´t know yet is, what this role will be . . .
    Her story became legend among the stars.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Name: Atris
    Planet of Birth: Coruscant
    Appearance: [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c3/Atris_head.jpg]
    Rank&Affiliation: Sith/Jedi
    Weapons: Pair of lightsabers, one blue, one red.
    Equipment: Robes, with woven cortosis fibres and light body armour beneath it all, Sith Holocron.
    Bio: Atris' failures, and engagements with the Exile, are known to all in the new order. But, thereafter, she was left to be judged by the nascent Jedi Council. But, instead, she fled, not trusting these new Jedi. Taking a single Sith holocron as a comrade, Atris fled into Sith space in an endeavour to find the secret of the darkness - and to avoid the one in her heart.

Name: Cressa
    Appearance: [image=http://wapedia.mobi/thumb/7ef4502/en/fixed/225/315/Mark_Rutte-6.jpg?format=jpg]
    Rank&Affiliation: Republic
    The Force: No
    Weapons: Wit.
    Equipment: Robes, with woven cortosis fibres and light body armour beneath it all, complete with comlink.
    Bio: Cressa became Republic Chancellor in the worst ways; by the suspension of democracy. The Mandalorian Wars had just ended, and then the Second Sith War started, too. The Senate was in crisis, and voted to suspend democracy for the crisis, and appointed Cressa. As Chancellor, he fought the war, and, inevitably, when the death of Darth Malak made no difference to the conflict, he ensured he had emergency powers bequeathed upon him, and began his initiatives, all well documented, as you'll note. Now the wars are coming a close - so he's told by his analysts and critics - and people are harassing him to step-down and resume elections. But Cressa disagrees. With the Kanz Disorders growing worse, pirate activity on an all time high, Sith remnants as likely as ever (in his sole opinion, it seems) and a shattered military force, plus two dozen secession movements to account for - he doesn´t see an end to it, and definitely not if democracy resumes.

5. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    APPROVED!
    OOC: I hope you'll understand why I don't have a picture for my appearance, there's only like 2 I could find.

Name: Keth-Omm
    Species: Draethos
    Planet of Birth: unknown to him.
    Appearance: 5'7", gray skinned, a scar on his right eye, dark bodysuit (as he does not have a traditional Jedi robe.)
    Rank&Affiliation: Jedi Knight
    Weapons: long-handle lightsaber (carries it across his back in a special holder. he does not normally activate the blade, as that would attract much attention. instead, he uses it more as a bolo.
    Equipment: warm dark cloak, battery pack for Lightsaber, aquabreather
    Bio:
    [from the personal journal of Keth-Omm]: All my life I have been hunted. always have I been on the run, never truly at peace with myself. you have to be very hard to survive in my boots. The dark side, or what I've learned of it, has been very hard to resist. it's been so hard to hold myself back, to walk in the light. especially after the death of my master. he was not a master of the force himself, but rather a Knight who had rescued me on a planet i cannot remember, guided by the force. he took me and trained me in the way he knew, and I gained skill in the force. but always we ran, never stopping. they finally caught up to us, though. they cut him down in cold blood. as his body hit the ground, I activated my Lightsaber, the long handle familiar and comforting in my grip. I am ashamed to say I gave into my hate that day. I cut them down without mercy, using claw and saber. they gave me one scar, a long, vertical scratch on my eye. I always remember that day by my scar, as a reminder to never give in to the dark side, however tempting it may be. my master knighted me with his last words, and as the breath left his body, I was alone in the galaxy. A Jedi Knight.

6. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    GM Approved :)

Name: Shirzan Narr
    Species: Zabrak
    Planet of Birth: Iridonia
    Appearance: tan coloured skin, facial tattoos (Flowing swirl like designs pale purple in colour), vestigial horns on head, blue eyes, tall athletic build like most of the Zabrak. Brown blonde hair pulled back into tight braid at the back of her head. She wears standard issue armour when on duty, and a plain white shirt, black combat trousers and boots when off duty.
    Rank & Affiliation: Lieutenant - Republic Armed forces - Soldier
    Weapons: Assault rifle, heavy blaster, combat knife (in boot)
    Equipment: comm-link, medi-pack, equipment belt/holster

Bio: Shirzan Narr was born on the Zabrak home world of Iridonia. As the second born child of an influential iridonian diplomat, she and her older brother Tavir were expected to follow in the footsteps of their father. Whereas Tavir embraced the idea of training to become a diplomat, Shirzan did not, instead she began her training as a warrior. She quickly because skilled in hand to hand combat and at age 13 she went through her rite of passage, also known as ?Res Selenoren? It was then she received her tattoo?s and gained more responsibility within the clans.

Life as a clan warrior was good, but soon rumours of unrest started to grip the galaxy. A representative from the republic visited the Zabrak home world, in order to attempt to recruit more beings to its cause and strengthen the alliance with the Zabrak, especially after rumours of the Sith attempting to recruit Zabrak mercenaries to their cause. As many were natural warriors, many members of the clan accepted. Shirzan was one of them.

Enlisting in the Republic military, when she was 17 galactic standard years old, she received training as a ground trooper. Her upbringing within the harsh environment of Iridonia proved useful when undertaking assignments in harsh or difficult terrain, and her species natural high threshold regarding pain and fatigue quickly gained her recognition from her fellow soldiers. She took part in many missions and campaigns and after a couple of years she was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant. Then the day came when the galaxy erupted into war. The wars were bloody and losses were great on all sides, the Jedi all but wiped out and the republic forces decimated. Shirzan lost many friends and allies in the fighting. Now the wars have ended, but as the galaxy attempts to rebuild, the republic forces are stretched thin, trying their best to maintain a sense of order and stability in a galaxy that is so weak and fragile

She is a serious, dedicated and focused individual, and often pushes herself to great lengths to achieve her goal. To some she may come across as guarded, and hard to read. a product of her disciplined upbringing but work on her enough and you will discover she does have a softer side.

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    TheSithGirly asked me to post these two CS for her. Both were approved by both GMs.

Name: Xelon Tarn
    Appearance: [image=http://tissuepaperworld.pansitan.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/cillian-murphy-300x299.jpg]
    Rank&Affiliation: Jedi Knight ? the Jedi
    Weapons: Lightsaber (golden blade)
    Equipment: Robes, communicator, Jedi Holocron, datapad, personal transport
    Bio: Xelon never was a warrior. Raised as a Jedi outside the Republic in the Tion Hegemony by a Jedi Master called Pharilla , he was trained in the arts of diplomacy, farseeing, empathy and even deception. His lightsaber was of minor importance to his master in these days. A hole in their training they would both one day regret.
    When the war broke out, his Master . . . a veteran of the Sith Wars . . . swiftly returned to his Order to fight. But on their travel back Xelon Tarn was confronted with serious violence for the first time. Even Mandalorians could be negotiated with, when you knew how. With Sith there was no negotiation. His lightsaber was no longer the last resort, but it was the only choice given to him.
    His Master and he himself made it out of their first confrontation alive. For Xelon the galaxy had changed though. Never would he forget the feeling of his lightsaber cutting into another man´s flesh. The simple soldier ripped into the force and out of life as Xelon watched him die. Or his utter defeat by a black robed man with a red energy blade. His Master fighting of two of these men, while saving his life. How Xelon impaled his attacker by accident (or had it been the force guiding his hands?). A 17 year old with yellowish eyes, hissing at him even while dying.

Xelon had encountered the Dark Side of the Force. In that night his Master teached him all about it he knew. Explaining to him the lure of darkness and the power of the Sith. Only many years later Xelon would understand, his Masrer knew what would happen in the following days. When they reached the world of Arbra, the Sith had finally found them. Inside the spaceport his Master was forced into a duel with a powerful masked Sith and fell to his blade. his sacrifice allowed Xelon to escape. For a week he stayed in hiding, while he watched the Sith slaughter the people of the planet. When they left, so did he.

Since then he has fought the Sith with his own weapons: those of diplomacy. He caused numerous planets and factions to turn on the invaders and sometimes doomed these people with influencin them. He saw the horrors of war and learned the hard way that sometimes only wrong choices are left. Finally on Makabare the Sith made an effort to stop his doing. Two Sith Asassins poisoned him and almost killed him, before he could hurl one out of his enemies through a window and sliced through the second. The King of the planet was wise enough to report his death and send him to his oldest allies: The Tion Hegemony. Over the next years Xelon fought the poison under the protection of the House of Tion. When he won back control, he returned to a changed galaxy. Most of the Jedi were dead. The Sith fighting among each other. He stayed in hiding, surviving the Jedi purge through ?being a coward? as he later told the Jedi. But he survived. And now he returns to Coruscant to finally reunite with the Order he barely knows and help restore the Jedi Knights.

Name: The Mule
    Planet of Birth: Unknown
    Appearance: [image= http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/076/1/9/Sith_Assassin_by_Pickle_Soup.jpg]
    Rank&Affiliation: Sith Assassin / Former-Sith
    Weapons: Force pike, wrist blaster, flechette pistol, vibro-daggers, he also owns a single simple red lightsaber of unknown origin.
    Equipment: Assassin Armor, communicator, weapons
    Bio: The Mule isn´t a man of many words. Therefore little is known about his origins. Most think he is just another Bounty Hunter or gun for hire. But he is much more than that. Or better said, he was much more tha

8. MyrialofKanz

MyrialofKanz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2011
    Approved by the GM

Name: Myrial (of Kanz)
    Age: 46 (although she looks a lot younger for unknown reasons)
    Species: Argazdan (near-human)
    Planet of Birth: Argazda
    Appearance: tall, blonde and every inch of her body is covered by religious tattoes these days. Her skin is white as snow, her eyes burn in a cold blue.
    Rank&Affiliation: Regent of the Argazdan Redoubt
    Weapons: A dagger is hidden in her cloak, but her charisma and intelligence are considered to be far more dangerous weapons than any blade
    Equipment: communicator, everything the Aggzdan Redoubt has available

Bio: Expect her having once served the Republic, little is known of this woman. she was once the Provisional Governor of Argazda. In that position she became much more, founding her own religion and leading her people to freedom. With the Galactic Republic preoccupied with the Mandalorian Wars, Myrial and her followers seceded the Kanz Sector from the Republic and established the totalitarian Argazdan Redoubt in 3,970 BBY. After centuries of suffering caused by pirating neighbours her first goal was clear. Or as she used to say; The Goddess Via spoke to her. Ereesus had to fall. Every Ereesi in the galaxy had to die. It was the will of the Goddess. The Beatific Countenance and the Glorious Radiance demanded it.

And her people followed. The Vianism spread fast and those who opposed it on Agazdan shared the fate of Myrial´s enemies. Soon the Myrialites were the only considerable power left on her planet. From there she began to expand her influence and the war with the Ereesi began. Bringing her word to Ereesi was a holy crusade.

Nobody knows how the Agazdan Redoubt did it, but it is known nothing was ever heard of species of the Ereesi after Myrials mighty fleet arrived over the planet. The war lasted for ten years and when the enemy was broken, Myrial allowed them to vanish. Into memory. In time they would perish from this realm, too.

Now, with her first victory and undisputed base of power within´ Kanz she looks beyond the borders of her planet and looks for new realms to expand to. To bring the glory of Via to all people inside the Kanz Sector, she is ready to do anything.

And the Republic? Oh, they were so nice to help her people militarize Agazda for over five decades against the pirate threat of Ereesi. Now she uses this very fleet to keep the suffering Republic with all it´s problems outside of her sector. Myrial knows all too well, her enemy can´t afford a war. The Republic is her enemy. And she makes good use of that knowledge.

Soon her fleet will target a new planet. And this time, she will break the spine of the lurking Galactic Republic for good. After that, nothing will stand in her way.

Her Goddess demands it that way.

Her Goddess speaks through her.

Her Goddess will have her sacrifice.

Who would dare to claim it is anything else than the glory of her Goddess she desires? Who would claim such thing and is still alive on Agazda?

9. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    GM Approved.

Name: Mikele Biaggio

Planet of Birth: Iziz, Onderon

Appearance: [image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/326/2/7/Dark_Jedi_by_daniellieske.jpg]

Rank & Affiliation: Was a Jedi Knight / None

Weapons: 2 Lightsabres, One is a single hilted blade, the other is a dual bladed sabre. Hidden Vibro Shivs on the sides of his belt.

Equipment: Customized Jedi Armour painted black and black hooded robes covering them.

Bio: Mikele was a typical Jedi recruit that was taken from his home at a young age and then went to the academy on Dantooine to train, where he became a Jedi Padawan. During those years his lightsabre skills were his most formidable assets leading him to become a Jedi Knight, and then he became a Jedi Guardian.

When Revan and Malak went to war he wanted to join but did not want to defy the council and so remained behind. Mikele had a formed a romantic relationship with another Jedi Knight who like him was aggressive in nature and skilled with a lightsabre. When Revan and Malak called on the Jedi he stayed back doing his duty while his love went with Revan and Malak despite Mikele?s protests. She left for and later died on Malachor V.

This devastated Mikele and brought him into despair. He hated himself for not going with her and so he came to hate the Jedi Order for not letting the Jedi help Revan and Malak. Mikele felt if he was there he could have kept her alive and with him. In his anger he fought and killed his Jedi Master that was trying to calm him down, and so Mikele left the Order and went to hide on Telos. He remained there hiding his powers but never turning away from them, always embracing the power of the Force. Yet he wanted more power and so he felt that maybe the Dark Side was the way for him.

While Revan returned and defeated Malak, and as the Jedi were hunted down and finally saved by the Exile. Mikele watched from afar and vowed not to help either faction because he felt they had killed his love, which was his purpose in life. Now his purpose was the Force and his own power.

10. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    GM Approved

Name: Paladin Halcyon

Planet of Birth: Corellia

Appearance: 1.75 meters tall (that?s 5?9?, earthlings), with green eyes and fair skin. He has a full head of hair that has a few premature white strands. He wears the green tunic and robes distinctive of Corellian Jedi.

Rank&Affiliation: Jedi Padawan

Weapons: Lightsaber (silver), blaster pistol

Equipment: comlink

Bio: Master Vici Ramunee discovered Paladin in the aftermath of Darth Malak?s death, when the Jedi were free to regroup while the Sith were in disarray. The next few years were trying for the Jedi, but they still had the strength to hold the Temple on Coruscant without fear of the assassins that plagued them. Therefore, Master Ramunee and Paladin trained together in peace, until Master Atris called a Jedi Conclave on the planet Katarr. Having lost his master in such a tragedy, and with no other Masters to be found, Paladin returned to Corellia to give what help he could to security forces as a freelancer. Now, with the defeat of the Sith, he has returned to Coruscant to seek a Master to complete his training.
    There has not been a Corellian Jedi of note in some time, and he wishes to reestablish the proud tradition. However, during his training, he discovered his total inability to move objects with the Force. His desire to make up for this deficiency drives him to make decisions that go against his better judgement, to prove that he is worthy to be a Jedi.

11. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Over-approved!

Name: Ion The Black Admiral Tarsis
    Planet of Birth: Dantooine
    Appearance: [image=http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/stewart.jpg]
    Rank&Affiliation: Admiral / The Bloody Banner Pirates
    Weapons: Blaster Pistol, a Vibro-Sword in his rooms
    Equipment: A whole fleet of ships, especially his flagship The Bloody Claw
    Bio: Ion had not been meant to be a pirate. Born into a military family, he was a proud supporter of the Republic from his earliest days. Like his father he joined the Navy once he reached the right age and quickly raised through the ranks. At the age of 32 he was one of the yougnest captains of a ship ever. Proudly he served the republic from the bridge of his Foray-Class Blockade Runner, the Mayweather.

When the Mandalorians attacked he was eager to fight. But the Republic did not threw him into combat immediately. It were three years until he finally left the secured core Words to join the war. And wheen he did, he was under the command of a young Jedi called Revan. Like so many men of the Republic he worshiped Revan. The Jedi was the manifestation of all that seemed good and right about Jedi. Brillaint, powerful and ready to sacrifice everything for a greater good.

Through many campaigns Ion served his new Lord. Soon he respected himeven more than any of the Republic´s Admirals.

When Revan personally assigned him to a priority mission, Ion did not hesitate to take it. He was ordered to find and conquer a hidden Mandalorian shipyard, that had been used multiple times to repair damaged ships. He was given only the systems it could be in and his ship with some of the finest commando soldiers of Revan´s fleet. The mission took a lot longer than expected. It took so long, Ion actually missed the great Battle of Malachor and the vanishing of Lord Revan. But finally he found it and despite being outnumbered he followed his orders and attacked. Probably it was luck, or maybe even the fabled power of the force, but to everybodies surrpise the crew of the mayweather succeeded. They took the command center and floated all mandalorians into space, by opening the emergency airlocks. Then they signalled the lon gone Revan and followed their orders. Wait for further commands.

They never came. Ion Tarsis only understood after he taken the shipyards what a catch he had made. No less than two Kandosii-type dreadnaughts and three Kyramud-type battleship had he captured all in various stages of repair. Cautiously he bought what he needed on the black market and allowed his men to refit the ships. He would hand Revan a fleet once he returned. Fully combat-ready and prepared to serve him.

That was another thing not meant to happen. When revan returend he did as a very changed man. A Sith Lord. Terrified Ion Tarsis and his men watched telos burn and their former idol attack the Republic with his dark minions. Ion Tarsis knew what he had to do. Deep behind enemy lines he took his ships and hired every available man with military experience. Former republic soldiers and even some mandalorians soon joined him in hhis operation. And the Sith soon felt his presence. As pirates they disturbed every shiplane, every shipping of the Sith they could find. Making the life of the traitors as hard as possible. Ion knew Revan´s way of thinking and was able to avoid successfully his attempts to destroy the mysterious renegade fleet. They captured a lot of minor vessels. When the Sith fell, Ion Tarsis fleet had lost only one of it´s dreadnaughts. But now over five dozen ships had joined his fleet. Some minor battleships, some major transports refitted. He had even captured five Praetorian-class battleship of old republician design.

But again things did not turn to his favour. The planets that had joinec revan once now returned into the arms of the galactic republic. He was branded a pirate and hunted. His feeling of being betrayed knew no bounds. So be it, he thought. A pirate i shall be. And he began preyi

12. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    GM Approved

Name: Lyle Sevik
    Planet of Birth: Dantooine
    Appearance: At a height of 5?8?, Lyle certainly doesn?t appear like some special Force-user. Possessing a slim yet athletic build, his features are relatively plain with short, light brown locks with strands of gold and a pair of blue eyes. His clothing can seem a bit unusual, however, as he can usually be found wearing a red, long-sleeved tunic, black vest and pants, and a long, gray jacket. Fitted comfortably over his head is a brown, wide-brimmed hat.

And though it isn?t visible, the fingers in Lyle?s left hand had been broken multiple times and had healed incorrectly. Though it doesn?t inhibit his ability to wield any of his weapons, they cause him some pain whenever they?re experienced to the cold or are under exertion during a fight. He had never gotten around to having them fixed.
    Rank&Affiliation: None
    Weapons: A pair of blaster pistols holstered at his back, a vibro-whip usually coiled and dangling at his side with a vibrodagger at the other, and a trio of special grenades for emergencies (CryoBan, Thermal Detonator, Adhesive).
    Equipment: A standard utility belt with a grappling hook, small medpac, comlink, and rebreather.
    Bio: Lyle had been born on Dantooine to one of the numerous farming communities found on the planet?s surface. Dantooine was also the location of one of the Jedi Order?s Enclaves so it only took a little over a year before Lyle was discovered to have potential with the Force and was sent for training. As Jedi were not allowed to have attachments, he had experienced little ? if any ? contact with his family despite their relatively close proximity. Today he barely remembers either of his parents though he could swear that he possibly had siblings.

While the galaxy was beset by wars ? first the Mandalorian Wars and then Revan?s return at the head of an invasion fleet -, Lyle had remained in relative peace as he trained for his future as a Jedi. Dantooine was a major Jedi stronghold due to their Enclave and, thus, had avoided any major conflicts from either the Mandalorians or Revan?s Sith. Not until Darth Malak?s rise, however, and in a moment of desperation the Dark Lord had assaulted Dantooine. Lyle, having been apprenticed to a Rodian named Jomer Geth for two years then, turned out to be one of the unlucky Jedi that day. Not because that was where he died, obviously, but it was when, at sixteen-years-old, he had been captured and taken prisoner by the Sith while his Master and no doubt whatever family he had on the planet during the attack burned.

The Sith had taken on quite the practice of trying to turn Jedi against their former Masters and being able to acquire a young Padawan such as Lyle, it was a golden opportunity. Though a teen, the torturers had shown no mercy as they put Lyle through both physical and mental torment to try and turn him. Given time they would?ve certainly been successful in turning him if it wasn?t for the fact that the Star Forge had been destroyed a couple weeks later, Darth Malak was slain, and the Sith, now leaderless, were reduced to infighting.

Fortune ? or the Force ? shone on Lyle when a Republic task force, pursuing remnant Sith forces that had retreated during the battle for the Star Forge, had stumbled upon the Sith cruiser where Lyle had been held. They managed to disable it, board it, and Lyle found himself being rescued. Well if you would call being put into a Republic cell rescued. Though Lyle was a prisoner, the Republic forces that found him were wary that they had saved a Jedi that had become broken. Beaten, starved, and scarred as he was, the captain of the ship ? who was already distrustful of Force-users ? had wondered about Lyle?s state of mind and put him in a cell until a medical scan could be conducted or the Jedi themselves claimed him.

Of course, the R

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    GM Approved

Character-Sheet

Name: Ashlae Starchaser

Appearance:

[image=http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/Teegirloo/JEDI/Padawan-girl-1.jpg]

Rank&Affiliation: Jedi Padawan

Weapons: Green Lightsaber , Double-Bladed

Equipment: Black Holster Belt

Bio:

Ashlae Starchaser was taken to the Jedi temple as a small child, when Her mother Jeyne Starchaser, a force sensitive Coruscanti Aristocrat died from an unknown disease. The wealth that suppose to be inherited by Ashlae, went to Holden Bright, her stepfather. Holden changed the will replacing all inheritance to him, then called the Jedi to take 3 year old Ashlae. Growing up in the temple was hard because of the strain the Jedi were going through with dealing with the Sith.

Ashlae loved hearing tales of the wars especially the Mandelorian Wars with the Jedi Rebel Revan. Though it was much discouraged Ashlae wanted to know more about this outcast Jedi. She learned as much as she could in the temple but never felt she had the full story. To her it was as if the temple erased most of the history on Revan or it was not known. Her curiosity was growing feverishly. When she finally got a Master, she knew that she couldn't confide in him. The Masters at the temple had made it clear to her that this was not a path a young Jedi should take. It was an end of discussion statement that Ashlae took it to be.

Her Master, Arlen Toms was a kind yet strict Jedi Master. He was always there for Ashlae when she messed up on missions. During the dark times of the war where Jedi were being purged by the Sith. Master Toms was far too serious to Ashlae's liking, but understood the situation called for it. They were always on the move being hunted by Sith and Mandelorians. Then one day they were found. Master Toms told her to stay where she was, that he'll be right back. She hated waiting. She wanted to be apart of the action.

It seemed like forever when she waited but more so when she felt something in the force that made her almost reveal herself to the enemy. Master Toms had been slain by a Mandelorian. She couldn't move...she wanted to cry, instead anger came a crossed her face and she came busting out toward the Mandelorian. Using her double-bladed lightsaber she shifted and moved with a strength that she never used before. She caught the Mandelorian off balanced then moved in for the kill. The Mandelorian fell at her feet.

When she turned to look at her Master, who laid just across from her, she realized that she was all alone. She was taught the darkside was bad and Sith were bad. Yet she idolized Revan, who was supposed to be the worst Sith ever. Confused and alone Ashlae wandered looking for some answers, not knowing what she would find.

14. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Actually I heard it is the usual way around here to have the GM have the first post for every character. This is fine for me. But I would like to offer an alternative way to all players interested. If YOU want to do the first post concerning your character as an IC-post please PM me and I will tell you where your character is right now and so on . . . so you can introduce your character yourself in whatever way you see fit. After all you are the stars here! [face_laugh]

Now let me say how happy I am with the incoming CS both in quality and quantity. Great submissions all around. And the discussion of some characters lead to many good ideas, while some others were simply a perfect fit from the start! Both is great in it´s own way.

Now, Monday it is. If I don´t have a PM by Saturday from you stating you wanna do it yourself, I´ll make up the opening scene for you.

Good fun to everybody!

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: HK-47
    Species: HK-series assassin droid
    Planet of Birth: N/A
    Appearance:
    Rank & Affiliation: Republic: Primary Covert Bodyguard to the Chancellor/ Chancellor's personal protocol droid
    Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Droid Assassin Rifle, whatever he decided to integrate via upgrades or modules
    Equipment: Hacking software, varied things depending on the situation. A small ship to get from place to place.
    Bio: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HK-47

Since the disappearance of the Exile, HK-47 has been going from owner to owner due to varied accidents. Finally someone had discovered his combat protocols, and used him as a bodyguard. 29 people died to kill that particular owner, but the 30th got lucky before he died, and HK was ownerless again. However someone in Cressa's bodyguard took note of this, and thought that the droid would be quite a decent addendum to the bodyguard detail. HK has been there for one week at this point, but has already worked himself into being highly useful to the Chancellor due to his cover as a protocol droid.

16. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    TGI(f) Approved!

[b]Name:[/b] Alema Vao (Alem?avao)
    [b]Age:[/b] 23
    [b]Species:[/b] Rutian Twi?lek
    [b]Planet of Birth:[/b] Ryloth
    [b]Gender:[/b] Female
    [b]Appearance:[/b] [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070526043246/starwars/images/a/a6/Astraalvaocut.jpg]
    [b]Rank & Affiliation:[/b] Republic Senatorial Aide
    [b]The Force:[/b] Yes (but she does not know)
    [b]Weapons:[/b] [link=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060919173560/starwars/images/3/30/Twi%27lek_dagger.jpg]Two concealed Twi?lek ceremonial daggers [/link]
    [b]Equipment:[/b] Comlink, datapad, and a closet overflowing with form-fitting gowns for all occasions.
    [b]Bio:[/b] Alema?s father was a warrior of Ryloth and her mother was a dancer. Alema was expected to follow her mother?s path, but instead she desired political power. When the time had come for the governors of her city to step down and begin the long journey in the wilderness, their successors were neither ready, nor willing, to take control. Alema saw this as her opportunity to take her first steps into the political arena.

Utilizing her charm, charisma, and silver tongue, she worked her way into one of the regency positions until the successors were ready to take their inherited places. During her stead as Regent, she caught the attention of the up-and-coming Republic Senator of Ryloth. Prior to leaving for Coruscant, the Senator requested that she join him as one of his aides in the Senate. She requested that he give her one standard rotation to think over the offer, and he agreed.

She knew she was going to accept, but wanted to speak with her father before leaving. He was reluctant to let her go, but did so under one condition ? that she take with her his two daggers. She had been trained to utilize her mother?s grace and merge it with her father?s martial arts in case of an emergency, but she was no warrior herself. Alema prefers to defuse situations utilizing her diplomatic (and sometimes seductive) skills and not her martial skills.

She is force-sensitive, but is not aware of this fact. Her father, on the other hand, was fully aware of her gifts, since he also was a wielder of the Force. Having no formal training, he felt it was wiser to keep his daughters hidden talents hidden. He never told anyone and took that secret with him to the grave.

She was been on Coruscant, as the Twi?lek senator?s aide, for the better part of four standard galactic years. Now she is being courted by Lyria of Byblos, the rival of the Chancellor, to become her aide. Alema?s play for more power continues?

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    The Character-Sheet By SR (partners) APPROVED

Name: Unknown
    Planet of Birth: Unknown
    Appearance: [image=http://www.joox.net/content/names/joox.net_e173d3753dbf6453ead707d01cf68a14_thumb_175.jpg]
    Rank & Affiliation: None
    Weapons: Archaic blaster pistol with five shots, probably from back in the day when that actually was something. [image=http://i40.tinypic.com/34smosn.jpg]
    Equipment: Grey coveralls and generic boots
    Bio: Unknown

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Hello everybody! This is your Co-GM SirakRomar.

This message is especially for those who silently work on sheets right now. As the interest in this game was bit above expectations TheGoodImperial and I have to adjust the rules a bit. From now on everybody can only have one character if he submits. And we won´t be able to take more thn two or three players without recruiting another GM. So you better hurry if you wanna secure a spot.

We regret that decision, as we wanted to be open for everybody interested in playing, but I hope you understand our time we can invest into this game is limited and to secure quality this step seems to be necessary at this point.

If anybody with GM experience is out there interested in joining the staff and a secure knowledge of Kotor I and II and everything around it, feel free to contact TGI about the third GM position.

Thanks to everybody for submitting such great sheets. We are already proud of our assembled players.

Opening post comes on Monday. First update will be up on Thursday. Right after it people can post their introductions, if they choose to do it themselves.

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Mira
    Planet of Birth: Unknown, Homeworld: Nar Shaddaa
    Appearance: [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/36/Mira_Campaign_Guide.jpg]
    Rank & Affiliation: Republic, Carth Specifically. Special Assistant, does whatever is needed really. Former Bounty Hunter
    Weapons: Yes
    Equipment: Varied, depends on whatever mission she's going on. Does have a ship, called the Raven.
    Bio: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mira

Mira was a little lost after the Exile disappeared, and floated around the galaxy bounty hunting for about nine months. After what she had done, helped save the galaxy, bounty hunting simply wasn't something that held enough meaning for her anymore. She had changed, and the emptiness only drove that point home. So she sought out someone in the Republic who she thought was genuinely trying to make a difference: Carth Onasi.

He wasn't terribly trusting of her at first, but any volunteers could be used in some capacity at least, so he took her on probationarily. Since then she has proven herself to be a highly valuable member to his group, helping pull off some missions that had pretty well gone to pot, or helping keep people alive that would have otherwise died. Their personal relationship has evolved to the point of friendship.

20. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    Name: Karn Fell
    Planet of Birth: Corellia
    Appearance: 5?9", blue eyes. He has a full head of hair that has grown beyond what most would think becoming of a Jedi.
    [image=http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dailyswtor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/DeaconX__s_Jedi_by_StandAlo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://dailyswtor.com/tag/jedi/&usg=__24rUgNk_33AnpcJD4E2ciKAGifk=&h=322&w=500&sz=27&hl=en&start=83&zoom=1&tbnid=5hSOfbIJAJTb9M:&tbnh=167&tbnw=232&ei=3grOTZiiEILcgQfPmo3BDA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Djedi%2Bpictures%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADBS_en%26biw%3D1419%26bih%3D699%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=203&page=5&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:83&tx=165&ty=97]

Rank&Affiliation: Jedi Knight, (Guradian)

Weapons: Lightsaber (blue), The Force
    Equipment: comlink, GWing

Bio: Master Omar Katulee discovered Karn in the aftermath of an evil Sith Lords death, while the Jedi were regrouping, his Master took him under his wing and trained him as his Padawan. The next few years were trying for the young Jedi, as they still were plagued by fear of the assassins that chased them to Tython . Therefore, Master Katulee and Karn trained together, until Master Omar was killed during a mission on the planet Katarr. Having lost his master in such a tragedy, and with no other Masters to be found, Karn returned to the Jedi temple to give what help he could. Now, with the defeat of the Sith, he has been granted the rank of Knight and proceeded to take his own missions. Althought Karn has been shown the dangers of the darkside, he has on occassion been known to show excessive use of force on local criminals, and even in one instance a local security trooper.

21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    GM Approved! Also some sort of pun about four and forward.

Name: Donvan ?Captain? Vliet

Planet of Birth: Wukkar

Appearance:
    [image=http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/darthramza/capnbeefheart.jpg]

Rank & Affiliation: He owes allegiance to the highest bidder, and also to his own sense of superstition.

Weapons: Four blaster pistols ? two holstered at his hips, and the others concealed on the lower insides of his pants? legs. He also carries around precisely four thermal detonators at any given time, but he considers melee weapons unsophisticated and beneath him, and will not use one except in extremely dire circumstances.

Equipment: Four medpacs and four comlinks all defaulted to communicate with each other. Two pairs of black boots, four pairs of black pants, four shirts, four belts, and four hats. He also owns a small vessel for transportation and storing his excess clothing, it is hyperspace capable but otherwise unremarkable.

Bio: One. Captain Vliet has been obsessed with the number four ever since he stumbled upon four discarded bodies in a back alley of Wukkar on the fourth day of the fourth standard month at four o?clock on his fourth birthday during the fourth season in the Fourth District of the so-called ?Fourth City.? He considers it a holy number, and he keeps four of every possession he owns. He also demands that all of his payments be paid precisely in multiples of four, although preferably as high as possible. Vliet also performs every gesture requiring repetition four times.

Two. Donvan Vliet was raised in an orphan commune and fell into crime at a young age. His nickname, ?Captain,? comes from his days as a leader of a particularly violent Wukkarian street gang. Still, he possesses a warped sort of morality, as he is neither inclined nor disinclined towards any sort of job. Instead, he simply obeys the wishes of the highest payer.

Three. As a result of his emphasis on the importance of profit, Vliet has become known as a double-edged sword. He will, absolutely, get your job done, but only if you can pay him more than anyone else. His capacity for switching sides in the middle of a mission is legendary. However, his talent has kept the high-stakes bidders interested in his service.

Four. Vliet is unfailingly honest. Security footage of his last employer revealed that Donvan betrayed him for precisely 16,000 credits more than the employer had offered him. He then proceeded to shove a thermal detonator down the man?s esophagus. He has not had a job since - that was three standard weeks ago.

22. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    Approved

Name: Marcus Daan
    Planet of Birth: Taris
    Appearance: Tall, muscular frame, military cut black hair
    Rank&Affiliation: Former Jedi Knight/Sith
    Weapons: dual Lightsaber tonfas
    Equipment:
    Bio: Marcus followed Revan and Malak in the Mandalorian Wars. He was then deceived by Revan and the dark side of the Force and joined in the Jedi Civil war against the Order, believing that corruption in the Senate and in the Jedi Council had brought about a prolonged conflict with the Mandalorians. He was stationed on Revan's flag ship during the first part of the Jedi Civil War. The Jedi sent a strike team to capture Revan; Marcus's brother Corin was one of the team members, and the two fought while the team made its way to the bridge. Marcus was disarmed, but Corin could not make the killing blow. When Malak fired on his master's ship, the explosion damaged the interior of the ship and Marcus was knocked unconscious and severely injured. Corin escaped with his brother, taking him to the neutral planet of Manaan to recover.

Finally understanding Revan's deception and betrayal, Marcus remained on the planet for several years in self exile. He eventually returned to Republic space only to learn that the Jedi Order had been decimated by the war. He now wanders, alone, searching for any surviving Jedi Masters.

23. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Name: Devlesa Avilan
    Species: Ryn
    Planet of Birth: Born aboard a tramp freighter.
    Appearance: [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060624035804/starwars/images/thumb/7/7a/Droma.JPG/289px-Droma.JPG]
    Rank&Affiliation: Other Ryn, Donvan Vliet
    The Force: Probably not, but who the kriff knows?
    Weapons: An assortment of concealed knives and an old ATA Pulse-Wave blaster.
    Equipment: Tarot cards, incense, lucky charms, other items of divination, books, a guitar.
    Bio: Devlesa Avilan, like almost all Ryn, had no world he could call home. He traversed the galaxy with his band of fellow itinerants, never settling too long in any one spot, for the Ryn were never wanted anywhere for long. He made his money many ways, some of them less conscionable, less reputable, but never very lucrative. Still, among his group on their traveling freighter, they made due.

That all changed when, having taken on a smuggling mission years ago, the ship was destroyed, and only Devlesa escaped - he doesn't like to talk about why he was the only one to make it to a pod in time. After this tragedy, he settled for a while on Nar Shadaa where he met a peculiarly superstitious man. Devlesa made his money on the Smuggler's Moon reading fortunes and casting spells - the Ryn are, after all, a deeply superstitious people - when he did a reading for a human that called himself "Captain." The reading was strange - everything came out in fours. So impressed was the human by the Ryn's abilities - dubious as they may seem to outsiders - that he invited the Ryn along to divine and interpret. It just so happened Devlesa was handy on a ship, too, and good in a fight.

24. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    GM Approved

Name: MARK (Serial number: 5AM-0R1)

Species: SENTINAL Droid, Mark III

Planet of Creation: Telti

Appearance: [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071006180637/starwars/images/thumb/8/81/Repwardroid2.jpg/242px-Repwardroid2.jpg]

Rank & Affiliation: Unaffiliated, Bounty Hunter, Freelance

Weapons: Blaster Rifle

Equipment: Personal energy shield

Bio: Created on Telti during the events of the Mandalorian Wars, 5AM-0R1 came fresh off the factory lines and straight into combat. As a Mark III model, he saw combat late in the war under the command of the Revan, seeing combat in some of the harshest campaigns, including the deadly battle of Dxun. A mere droid, Mark had no choice of commanders, and later found himself fighting against the forces of his former commander during the Jedi Civil War, serving the Republic until the final battle of Rakata Prime. At that battle, Mark found himself in a troop carrier attempting to board a Sith Vessel, which proved to be fruitful. During the fierce battle for the Sith warship, Republic vessels continued to pummel the ship, eventually resulting in total incapacitation and loss of hull pressure. Believing everyone aboard to be lost, the Republic never attempted to recover Mark, one of the few surviving beings aboard the vessel.

As Republic forces departed, Mark found he had no central droid command to relay orders, thereby falling back on his basic self preservation programming. Over time Mark was capable of scrounging various pieces of ruined craft in and around the broken vessel, patching together a barely functioning junker to transport himself to the nearest Republic hub. Upon entry into the atmosphere of Abregado-Rae, Mark's junker took massive damage, essentially crash landing in the countryside, resulting in minor internal damage to components of Mark's core processor.

With memories of combat experience and no command presence, furthered by internal drive damage to Mark's processor, Mark began operating in a very freelance and uncontrolled fashion, lacking true guidance to his actions. In the countryside of Abregado-Rae he took the role of a folk hero and gun slinger, fighting off criminals and unwanted predators. In the spaceport he became known as a cruel enforcer, working freelance jobs for law enforcement and the underworld alike. And now Mark has turned his sight towards other core worlds, providing limitless potential for new primary goal.

25. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    For Sir_Draco. Approved.

Despite playing hero in Japan he found time to join this game. brianna will be a GM character until he returns and takes her over.

Name: Brianna Kae - formerly known as The Last Handmaiden
    Species: Half-Echani
    Planet of Birth: Echani
    Appearance: [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/29/Briannaportrait.jpg]
    Rank&Affiliation: Jedi Historian / Jedi
    The Force: Oh yes!
    Weapons: Double blades lightsaber (blue blades), unique staff
    Equipment: Robes of her mother Arren Kae.
    Bio: After her service to Atris and her travels with the Exile Brianna rejoined what was left of the Jedi Order to help them rebuild. She has come to Coruscant to help Bastila with this project, although she is still uncertain of her own abilities. Her intuitive understanding of the force and her training by the Exile seem to be in a conflict with so many teachings of old Masters she has unearthed recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.