main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ONLY Official Thread for Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixer808

Fixer808 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    George Lucas MUST have read The Lord Of The Rings before writing the script! Count Dooku is Saruman! Think about it:
    1) One evil wizard, one evil Jedi
    2) Both USED to be good
    3) Both serve their evil master

Damn, I'm gonna go see Fellowship of the Ring again after I see AOTC! That movie rocked the Casbah.

2. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    And do you think you could actually spell PROFIT correctly?

3. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    what is your favorite line(s)?

Mine are:
    "I killed them...every single one of them, they're all dead...Not just the men but the women and childern too. They are animals and I slautered them like animals...I hate them"(sounds like something I would do or say)

"Lost a Planet Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing...how embarrassing"

"Why do I have a feeling you'll bring the death of me?"

4. VanB

VanB Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2001
    Some of my favourite lines:

Death Stick dealer - "I'm going home to rethink my life"

Obi Wan (when trussed up in arena); Anakin says we came to save you, he looks up to his shackles and says "Good job". Then when Natalie Portman is busy using her hair pin to untie her cuffs, anakin wonders how they're going to get out of this, Obi Wan looks over and says "she's on top of things"

"My least favourite lines:

"No..no...no...no" (when Anakin has his nightmare about his mother). But then when I watched it again I figured he had to talk in his sleep because in the next scene Senator Armidala comes outside when he is standing on the balcony, then goes to leave. He says "don't go" and she says something like, did you have a nightmare last night, I heard you.

Natalie Portman: "I love you, deeply". Just didn't quite buy the deeply bit, but then again they were on their way to getting ripped apart "Gladiator" style.

Some Favourite scenes:

The car chase in Coruscant. Mind blowing as it's so 3 dimesional.

Also love the diner scene - seems to be straight out of American Graffiti/Happy Days era where waitresses wore roller skates taking orders. Very Fifth Element-ish.

Yoda's fight just can't help but bring a smile to the face - he kicks ass!

The battle sequence where the cavalcade of Jedis are fighting off the droids - pretty exhausting.

Great film!

Oh yeah

5. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Just saw it for the second time this afternoon!

I'll say it again: Yoda is one bad*** frog!! That scene just rocks!!

Whoooo hoooooo!!!!

-tm

6. JediBri17

JediBri17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2000
    Maybe one of you can clarify something for me,
    I have not seen any indications in any of the films that suggest the Jedi do not yet know about the abilty to exist in the afterlife, is this someting that is explored in the books or something?
    It doesn't seem like George Lucas is making this issue very important. I think we may be reading into it a little too much

7. Ryusui

Ryusui Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    JediBri, in the novelization of AOTC, when Yoda is meditating and gets hit by Anakin's pain, he hear's Qui-Gon's voice and is extremely surprised by it.
    Obi-Timbo typed up an except from the book for you to look over if you're still curious about the subject. It's on page 8 of this thread.

8. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Does anyone know where I can get the Yoda-Spiderman trailer from Celebration II? There has already been a thread on the topic but I can't find it in the last 750 threads.

I actually have the video but I'm after the site that I got it from, it was a resource of a whole heap of Ep II related videos. I'm just curious what else was there.

Hopefully the Yoda video will be on the DVD, if not I might have to have a go at recreating it once the DVD is released. Should be fun!

9. JediBri17

Jun 14, 2000
    Thanks Ryusui.
    I want to read the book it sounds interesting, but George Lucas did not write the book. Is this stuff just the author making stuff up or is he getting ideas from George Lucas. I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, I hope this qustion is answered in episode III also, I am just a skeptic so I am not gonna get my hopes up about this one. I also forsee aloooooot of stuff that has to be covered in only one more movie. George Lucas has his work cut outfor him because he will not be able to satisfy everyone by answering every question in the next movie.
    (I keep thinking about all of that valuable JAR JAR screen time in the phantom menace that could have been applied to answering things like this)

What I really wanna see is Chewie in episode III!!!! (But I am not optimistic about this one either HAHA)

10. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    The book was written by RA Salvatore, and every idea presented in it was personally approved by George Lucas or someone that he trusts.

Also... if George explains everything in Episode 3, including the disappearing bodies, etc.. do you think that perhaps the next generation that grows up to watch these films will not be caught up in the mythos surrounding it? Or will the archetypes and the story still be enough to grab their attention like it did in 1977?

Chris
    It's just my experience that explaining things reduces the mystery and appeal of those mysteries for people...

11. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    My favorite line (paraphrased) is ...

"Anakin, I swear you'll be the death of me."
    - Obi Wan

Said with such a sardonic tone ... priceless.

12. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Because I'm anal, the line was "Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?"

Personally, I think Lucas is on his way to NOT explaining it, if you get my meaning. I mean, I think so much stock in this universe of the prequels is put into midichlorians this and technology that, that Lucas is going to swing in with an aberration that makes everyone realize "Okay, we DON'T know what causes this." And that will bring us back into the spiritual realm of the OT.

I can see it coming.

M. Scott

13. JediBri17

Jun 14, 2000
    I think these new stories will certainly attract new lifetime fans (like me) regardless of what george lucas does in th next film, but i agree, i do not think we are going to see explainations for alot (if not all) of the things we want to know about.

well if he doesn't answer the questions I am intereted in by the next movie i'm just gonna have to stalk him and ask him personally (uh, I'm Just kidding wink wink)

14. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Well you know, I think the thing that would satisfy both camps (those who want explainations, and those who don't), is to just do sort of a general explaination.

Nothing really technical.

15. JediBri17

Jun 14, 2000
    that would be great, i'll take any crumb they wanna throw me, but it ain't gonna happen

16. Darth-Trons

Darth-Trons Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    I Finally got to see the movie on Saturday. I took my 6 kids and 7 of their friends. The night before we had a Star Wars sleep over party and we watched all the other movies and played Star Wars Trivia, etc.....

I must say that I have hesitated form adding to this thread because of the backlash that I will probably get but I must me honest.

The Good: Awesome Animation. The best ships I have ever seen. Great detail on the effects, unrivialed. Anakin was a pleasant suprize. Nice acting! Jango Fett Character very good (boba too!). The Kamino Alien were awesome. Kit Fisto the best character ever!

The Bad: Most of the backdrops were horrible. Looked so fake and unrealistic. I think we can safely say "Too much digital is not good!" Obi-wan seemed silly and weak. Did not have the awesome presence that Qui-gon commanded in EP I. Not enough closeup saber battling. Some really bad acting! And some really really bad lines. Even the best actors could not handle those lines. Everybody is talking about the Yoda scene, why? Everybody in the theater laughed not cheered. It was stupid! The movie really was lacking a Harrison Ford calibar acting performance. But, I really think he would have struggled with the lines. Also, Lucas has taking away from the Mystic and awesome power of the Jedi and this film. In general he made them look like idiots. I have read so many more Star Wars books that were so much more rich.

One more thing before you start throwing the stones: I could never even come close to what Lucas has done in this film. Believe me I love Star Wars I am just so disappointed.

17. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    to be honest, and dont get me wrong, i am a great Sam Jackson fan, but by the end of the film i began to hate his character, i didnt have that much of a problem with him up until he decapitated Jango Fett, i just didnt think it was right, even though he was a bad guy, i didnt like the idea of taking a kids dad away like that just for a thrill of a fight (this is for george). i found it made Mace a little more evil than he was supposed to come across, it kinda made Akiken seem less evil to me. sorry if no one agrees with me but its just how i feel

p.s. did anyone get that funny thought that as Boba picked up his dads helmet that his head might just fall out? i did.

P.S.S. I also thought there were too many decapitations in this film, every other death (especially the Tuskens) was a decapitation. Overkill or just trying to show what it was like?

18. The_Iron_One

The_Iron_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2002
    Well i knew they wouldnt show jango's head at all,soley for the reason that this movie was PG.I would like to say screw the PG rating,because of that the scene where anakin starts killing the tusken raiders was limited to 30 seconds at most.I said to my brother sitting next to me "Watch this scene its gonna be great" and then i was like WTF is this crap!?

anyways other than that I realy loved the movie...and those Gunships rule!

19. Fixer808

Fixer808 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm gonna go see it tomorrow!
    *drooling*
    Obviously I'm not too concerned with spoilers!;) I've already read the comic book adaptation.

And on a completely unrelated and far-away side note: The X-Files Series Finale...
    I waited 9 years for THAT? Talk about wide open for another movie!
    Thumbs down.

20. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    I want to watch this film at a digital projection theater...does anyone have a link where I can find the nearest one to me? You know, that has a list of all the digital theaters in the U.S.

21. Jrr_Dude

Jrr_Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Starwars.com
    The ad that popups up has a link to all the DPTs in the WORLD .No kiddin

--»JrrDude

22. poorturtle

poorturtle Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    saw it for the second time. liked it even better. up there with the original trilogy, and beats the pants off of ROTJ.

23. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    saw the film for a second time, and i want to know one thing.........................................Whats the deal with the green tenticled Jedi............he either has a dopey grin on his face, or a constipated look on it, whats going on with him?

24. galencarter

galencarter Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    it isnt better than return of the jedi by a long shot

25. PrincessLayAlot

PrincessLayAlot Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I want some of what Yoda has been smoking! He's worse then a bouncy ball!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.