main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Plan for Power RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Marna_Veign, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Many honored guests enjoyed the food and entertainment at the fiftieth Birthday Gala for King Agmel of Madrine. Servants poured wine for the guests. Jerill Durrango, aid to Crown Prince Imalka, had the privilege of presenting the toast. He stood and raised his goblet.

?To His Majesty, King Agmel. May you have loved ones near to your final hours.?

The guests raised their goblets.

?King Agmel!? they repeated and drained their glasses.

King Agmel, Queen Scathia, and Crown Prince Imalka stood, and Agmel addressed the guests.

?Thank you all for coming. Now, if you will join . . .ARG!?

Agmel grasped his chest and fell to the floor in pain. He found it hard to breath through the pain. The guests tried to rush forward to see what had happened, while Royal Guards kept them back. Queen Scathia fell beside her husband and loosened his clothes around his chest. Tears began to well in her eyes as Captain Slader called a medic on his commlink.

Agmel focussed his eyes on Scathia?s face. He wiped a tear from her face, then his body goes limp. The medic ran in the room, to late to do anything. The King was dead.

Captain Slader returned to the banquet hall where Queen Scathia was still sitting on the floor, Imalka had his arms around his mother. Agmel had been taken away for an autopsy and the shocked guestshad been sent home.

?Your Highness, this situation has grown beyond our capabilities. Somehow, the saboteurs had managed to poison His Majesty.?

Scathia looked up at him. Her eyes were red from crying, but she seemed to be in control of her emotions. She finds the strength to stand.

?What do you suggest, Captain??

?I recommend we send for Jedi. They can help find the person responsible while we tighten security even more.?

?I see. Send a ship to Coruscant. Return with Jedi. I want the responsible being stopped.?

The Role Play

The goal in this RPG is to find the being responsible for Agmel?s death and prevent that beings plan for power from succeeding. This can be done in more than one way. Some options are to catch, kill, or expose the being to the Royal Family. But, whatever you do, you must have evidence. Remember, you will have to face the consequences of your actions, good or bad. The being may be a
    scoundrel, a space pirate, or even a trusted member of the Royal Court. Be mindful of your choices and actions.

Rules and Unpleasantries

Keep things real. You can get hurt or killed. This does not mean that you will. Just know that if a huge stone block falls toward you, you can either see it just in time and get out of the way, or get smashed. If your leg gets caught under it, you loose your leg. If you don?t move out of the way, you get crushed under the weight and die. If you get crushed and pretend that it never happened, you will be requested to leave, or to create another character. If things leave the path of reality, I will work with you to get it back.

Please do not post here if:
    You know you cannot finish it.
    You don?t want to use your head to solve a mystery using clues I will leave around.
    You want nothing but dueling action (I?m not planning on much dueling in here)

Contact me if:
    You want in or out in the middle of the mission.
    You want to play a bad guy or someone within the Palace.
    You have any questions or concerns.
    You are leaving temporarily (like you?re going on a vacation) but want to stay in the RP. (We can workout something to get you out of the action until you return)

Characters

The main characters available for you to play are Jedi. I would like to have Master/Apprentice teams in this RP. Each character must be played by a different user. If you want to play two characters, I will allow it as long as you use one user name for one character, a different user name for the other. And please, if possible, do not use a character name already established in the Star Wars Galaxy. Other
    words, no Luke?s, Vader?s, Qui-Gon?s, Obi-Wan?s etc.

The following characters in this RPG will be played by me:

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    This sounds interesting.
    Really i might join i am in a few toomany RPG's at the moment, maybe when things die down I will join.
    I will join though.

A few questions though.
    !. How amny characters are we supposed to play?
    2.Do we have to be Jedi, if we are only allowed to be one character?

Thankyou.
    A curious RPG'er.

3. JediMasterYoda98

JediMasterYoda98 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Name: Matthias Jalak
    Species: Telekeenian
    Approx. Age: 45
    Position desired: Jedi Master (I love finding clues and solving mysteries!)
    Description: Very strong and muscular. He is about 6'2'' and weights about 201 Lbs. He wears a silver skin-tight suit, with a black utility belt. Has a navy blue robe that goes over his suit, that is lines with Silver Threading. He has Hazel eyes and brown hair that is highlighted blond. Even though an alien speacies, he looks just like a human, but he can do one thing a human cannot: Walks through solids.
    Weapon: Lightsaber (Single, and Silver)
    Anon. Information: Anon? ?[face_plain]

4. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Anonymous Perhaps? ?[face_plain]
    Im not sure.

I too will join, but I want my questions to be answered here soon...Please. I almost forgot completely! :p

5. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jagged_Antilles_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Name:Scythe Holycite
    Species:Human
    Approx. Age:22
    Position desired:Jedi Master
    Description:A normal human from Corellia Scythe was taken into the Jedi Order when he was 4 years old,he grew up to be a great Jedi Master.
    Weapon:Blue Lightsaber with the ability for the blade to extend up to 3 meters long though normally kept at normal lenghth.
    Anon. Information: :confused:

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Name: NagShorr
    Species: Wookie
    Approx. Age:78
    Position desired: Padawan
    Description: Giant 7'6", very very strong. But he is gentle none the less.Very protective of his family and culture.Didnt always have Master(Still doesnt have one),taught alot of the fore to himself in his own way.He has Silver/ dark red fur.Deep voice(if thats what you want to call it)and is highly intellegent.
    Weapons: Ryyk blades x2 and one Lightsabre. Also he has a floating Translator Droid by him at all times to translate the growls and roars of Shyriiwook, his native language, into Basic fo other so understand.
    Anon. Information: Yes

7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    How many people do we have now?
    Three? Four?

How many do we need to play?

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    BUMP

:p I just had too :p

9. Jodo-Fett

Jodo-Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Name: Fossik
    Species: Ewok
    Approx. Age: 56
    Position desired: Jedi Master
    Description: Strong with the Force and skilled with the Lightsaber, he is about 1 meter tall and weights about 95lbs. He wears Jedi robes and Jedi cloak, utility belt and carries a gimer stick. (Same clothes as Yoda) He has black eyes and light brown fur.
    Weapon: Mini Lightsaber (like Yoda's, The Blade color is Purple)
    Anon. Information: Ability to talk without a Translator. Also able to talk through the Force to other Jedi.

10. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    I didn't think I'd get such a response so quickly. :)
    Okay, fellas, a few things I've noticed I need to clear up.

Anon. Information means basically if there's anything you want everyone to know about your character that isn't already brought out, that's the place to put it.

Also, I will likely only post once a day.

I would like it if a few more Padawan's joined in to make Jedi Teams. I also want to give some time for others to join if they want to. The RP related action will begin when I think enough time has passed (one or two more days).

If you want, you can begin things at the Jedi Temple, or heading to the Temple, that can be dropped quickly. And perhaps one of you Jedi Masters would be willing for NagShorr to become apprenticed to you?

11. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jun 2, 2002
    He can be my Padawan if he wants to.
    It'd be cool to have a Corellian/Wookie duo like Han & Chewie.

12. Jodo-Fett

Jun 7, 2002
    Me and Master Jalak can team up even know were both Masters, were like Yoda and Mace Windu, isn't that right Matthias?

13. JediMasterYoda98

JediMasterYoda98 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Yep, we already are that in another RP... lol! :D

14. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    That would work, if the other two agree, and I don't see why they wouldn't.

I've invited a few friends from other RP's to join us here. I'm going to delay the begining of this until I hear back from them.

But I might get something going with the Jedi Council later tonight.

Might. ;)

15. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jun 2, 2002
    How about it Chim?

16. Jodo-Fett

Jun 7, 2002
    well if you want Marna_Veign, You can be a Jedi leader in the Jeid Council and Matthias and I can be like two main supporters and leaders too, were like Mace Windu and Yoda.

17. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Name: Tharan Danlon
    Species: Immortal
    Approx. Age: 50ish
    Description: Born and rasied in the temple he has no other childhood memorys except for one. A bright flash of light, and a scorched body. He is missing his Left arm, and the left side of his body is burned beyond recognition. he lives though sheer detrminastion and a mastery of the Inner Force as yet unseen. His mind is sharp as a new Dagger, and his TK, and farseeing powers are immense.
    Weapon: Mind
    Anon. Information:
    Tharan was a gifted child from his birth, some 4 thousand years ago. His parents were not jedi, but were under their protection. then the sith came. Destroying the hopuse and his Father, the sith moved to attack the mother and Child. the mother threw herself in front of the blast of force lighting, killing herself, but preventing her baby from dieing, though his burns were immence. The sith decied to sacrifice the baby to his lord, and began to bring him out to his ship, limp and unconcious. this proved to be the siths demise, as Jedi had finally responded to the alarm, and cast down the sith. But the pain, and the sith's spell were great, and the Human looking Immortal laid unconsios, and ungrowing, for thousands of years. he Awoke when palpatine became a sith master, though he dosen't know it, for it seemed that he had randomly awoken. he was trained and grew as a child, never knowing his own power, or his heritage, for he was a race long forgoten. He continues to show signs of age, and will, though when he hits 60ish, he will no longer age, but will begin to regenerate, and return to the age of 23, physicly, and stay trhat way forever, untill he overcomes his coporperal Form.

IS this Ok Marna, yes he's powerful, but his abilitys won't kick in in this adventure. So it really won't matter that he's an immortal.

18. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jun 2, 2002
    For any Harry Potter fans out there, doesn't that sound alot like Harry's encounter with Valdimort except for the thousand years thing and he doesn't get a lightning scar,but still don't you see the resemblance.

19. Eriwo_Jolon

Eriwo_Jolon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Hello, I'd like to join. I think I'll do another Falleen as I think they are an interesting race.

Name: Xian Kestraal (zee-AWN, kess-TRAWL)
    Species: Falleen
    Approx. Age: 53 (Falleen can live up to 400)
    Description: Her race is humanoid in appearance but reptilian in origin, so her body is covered in fine gray-green scales. She also has a spiny, sharp ridge down the center of her back. Her hair color is charcoal grey (kept long and braided back) and her eyes are dark orange.
    Weapon: Green Lightsaber
    Anon. Information: Falleen can exude pheromones at will, and these chemicals are used to control the perceptions of others. These pheromones can produce an almost hypnotic effect; but Xian rarely uses this ability because her Jedi training in "mind tricks" are almost as effective as her pheromones.

I'm not sure what era of the SW universe we are in? Since we have Ewok and Wookiee Jedi, I would assume this is sometime after RotJ in the New Republic? Or maybe we are borrowing from several eras? Anyway, I'll try not to be specific until we get clarification on that.

IC:

Xian looks out the window of the city shuttle as they pull into the spaceport. She wonders what this mission has in store for her. Once the shuttle has landed she exits and makes her way to Landing Bay 27. Which is where the ship, that will be taking her and some of the other Jedi to Madrine, is located.

Xian arrives at Landing Bay 27 in no time and sees that they are taking a Republic Cruiser to Madrine. She greets the Captain as she enters the ship and then makes her way to the salon to await departure.

20. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    YES, Antillies. I will be your apprentice. :)
    That sounds awsome! :)
    Han and Chewie and now Scyth and Nagshorr. :p

So when do we get this shine dig started?
    I am ready.

21. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Welcome, Gorin. As long as Tharan can die if a situation arises where a mortal would die, I have no objections.

About time frame, I was thinking before the days of Yoda(the Jedi Council Members are all made up by me), but I don't want to limit available technology. so, you could call it a mix of eras. However, keep in mind the government is the Old Republic.

Since Eriwo has boarded the ship, I will start things. We will not leave Coruscant, though, until my other friends I've invited have a chance to respond.

Jedi Council Room

Tau-Jay Olmpro looks at the other members of the Council. They had already briefed Jedi Knight Xian Kestraal on the situation, and she had boarded the ship. They all felt she would handle herself well on this mission. The twi'lek Jedi Master looked at the human woman sitting to his right. Inga Sjari was concentrating. He knew she did not feel good about sending a single Jedi Knight, even one as skilled as Xian.

"I sense there is more going on at Madrine than we have been told." she told the others. "We should send more than one Jedi out, my friends."

"I agree." Heracious Cahn said. "Let us send other Jedi as well."

Tau-Jay thought for a moment, then agreed.

"Yes. Let us send more Jedi. It cannot do anything but help the situation get resolved."

(All other Jedi to the Council Room.)

22. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    OOC: yes, he can be killed by weapons and violent deasth, but cannot die of aging or such.

IC:
    Tharan's hover-Chair was brought into the council chamber, before the council for his new mission. He wondered what the mission was this time, that needed his vast mental skills. And so he waited for the other jedi to answer the summons.

23. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC:All right.

IC:Scythe walked into the Jedi Council room along side his fellow Jedi Knight,awaiting the other Jedi to come.

24. Eriwo_Jolon

Eriwo_Jolon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    (OOC: I'm off to bed, don't do anything fun without me!! ;) . Thanks for starting this thread Marna, it's a refreshing change of pace from all the "Starship/Space Warfare" threads here!)

25. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    NagShorr walks into the Chamber following his master, Scyth.
    The young Jedi was both concentrated and anxious for his first mission.he was ready for anyhting.His master had even been teaching hima few new Force Abilities. he taught him to use the abiliyt to talk through the Force.SO he decided to try and use that instead of his droid.
    Me calmy took his place by him master and Concentrated on the time at hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.