main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo The Script is loaded

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Corrin_Wyndryder, Apr 1, 2002.

1. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey Corrin,
    Any updates about production on your movie? I was just wondering because there haven't been any posts for a while. I guess its probably because we are all busy right now, you know with finals going on at school for most of us. And for me I'm busy working on my movie because I have to get it done by the 13th of May and I haven't even gotten my actors yet!

2. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    if you need some help let me know...deadlines suck- especially in film.

3. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Following updates:

"Osiris" character name permanantly changed to "Cyrus". "Isis" name change pending.

The films are now being written in T.V. series format and I currently have finished 3 full "Chapters" based on the original "Episode I" script. Chapter 4 in progress.
    Titles are as follows:
    Chapter I: The Hunt for the Codex
    Chapter II: The Pirates of Prexiar
    Chapter III: Mirage Squadron
    Chapter IV: A Day of Reconing.

Computer upgrades and plugin downloads help to realize the actual effects I'm looking for. However, Dantana is now in charge of securing information. Any "sneek peeks" will have to be found through her.

I hope for continued interest in this project.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Mwaahahahahaha!

Kay . . .

Sorry, Corrin, I lost your cellphone number, what with the whole power outage and everything about the time you called.

I tried making the website according to the layout you want, but I suck at that. The codes don't work, nothing lines up, the roll-overs won't work right. It's just a mess. And now my java won't work and I can't figure out how to re-enable it.

I looked at the stuff you gave me. Very . . . interesting. Don't know what I'm supposed to do with it, though.

Anyway . . . Styx is gonna be going to UVSC in the fall, he hopes, going into Multimedia stuff. Thought I'd mention that.

Oh, and you might need to recast Carn, since your actor's moving to Washington. Saturday's his last day in town, I've been told this evening.

Michelle and I have discussed the costumes and we've come to the agreement that we can't really costume right now. I know you want the costume designs to make a pitch to backers, but it's not gonna work that way.

Dana

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Final Casting won't be until Benji returns from his mission in a year and a half. JD's move may not be permanant. We've already talks about it. And yes, he's moving on the 8th.

I'll pm you my cell phone number.

Also, I want your opinion on the material I gave you, and I'll help you design the website and get you the media you need for it.

I understand that costume designs will have to wait until after full casting, but there are some CG characters that we could be working on until then, which will need costume designing, as well as sets and finding funding.

6. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    hey all - im back- did you know I was gone? - of course not cause i didnt tell ya! warning about the casting...as a new semester comes this fall be sure to account for the new batch of freshmen ward brownie sluts that will be coming in! ;) (if you dont get it you'll have to read this whole thread- this thing turning into quite a...legacy....)

7. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Ward Brownie Sluts. Sigh... I could use one of those...

Welcome back, Allen. I hope to have the newer, SHORTER scripts up soon. Or maybe I'll just have them email to those who request it.

8. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    ill just take the brownies... go ahead and zap em to me when you got them ready. (the scripts- not the sluts......well....)

9. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey Corrin. You haven't made any huge changes to the plot since you gave me the one with the green covers have you?

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    No, not really, just revamped some scenes that needed it, the story is still the same.

11. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    It's been a while since our last update, so let me tell you what's going on.

I've been slowly (Real Life sometimes gets in the way) recruting several people for my film in the fields of Fight Choreograpy and CGI generation. Due solely to a promise I made my co-author (and I keep my promises) Princple Photography will be on hold until his return in 10 months.

In the mean time, I am working on CGI solutions for my film, including water and cloth symulators, and pyrotechnic effects.
    I hope to have the "Lightsaber through Door" effect at film quality down soon.

I still need storyboard artists and conceptual designers to help me with the visual aspects of my film. Any volunteers are more than welcome to PM me.

12. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Lee,

You know there are AT LEAST 4 Star Wars related Fanfilms that I personally know of currently in production or pre-production right here in Utah County. We ought to create some sort of consortium of sorts to co-operate and work together. My own fanfilm has been in full production since June and from time-to-time we're short a few volunteers. There are plenty of people who want to help. Maybe we need some sort of organized structure to help each other out. We're not in competition with each other, so why not?

Your thoughts?

Later,

13. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Like I said before, Princple Photography is halted until next August/September.

In the meantime, I would be MORE than happy to coordinate resources with you, Mike.

EDIT: (spelling)

14. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Here's a test shot of the film, tell me if you like it. It's just one frame, but...

lake.jpg

15. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    What, no comments? Do I need a new thread?

16. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Lee,

Looks cool. I like the rocky lake. Have you rendered any animations of that segment?

Later,

17. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    No animations. I was just playing around with the Terrain Generator program I found, but sense it's still in beta testing, it's not as fucntional as I'd like it to be... yet...:D

Now, I need to find a place to put that terrain. I've got nothing in my script that calls for such a location.

18. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I just got some great update media:

[image=http://www.weareboring.com/images/misc/corrin_select/Image1.JPG]

This is a concept art sketch by ConceptArtist of the space station Regellas.

19. LeiaTygre

Apr 9, 2002
    That's really awesome scaping.

Chapter I: The Hunt for the Codex
    Chapter II: The Pirates of Prexiar
    Chapter III: Mirage Squadron
    Chapter IV: A Day of Reconing

Hmm.... Did the scripty-thingy with the green covers have all 4 chapters, or just the first chapter?

20. LeiaTygre

Apr 9, 2002
    You know, I have to say that whenever I look through dress patterns or think of a dress design, I'm always like "that could be THE Red Dress." It's fun to toy with, I must have at least come up with a dozen different ones so far.

21. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    That concept art sketch is really good. If it looks this good already, just imagine what it will look like in color.
    Keep sending the updates Corrin

22. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    No, as it turns out, the green script thingy is only Chapter 1: Hunt for the Codex. Also, the Red Dress is in the sequel, Chapter 2: Pirates of Prexiar. So if we don't do that, it'll be tricky.

And I WILL keep everyone up to date on the project through pre-, production, and post-. I hope to be working with the choreographers soon.

But in the meantime, here's a sunset:

[image=http://www.weareboring.com/images/misc/corrin_select/sunset.jpg]

Brought to you by Knights Media Group, made with Teragen.

((Edited for spelling))

23. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    The sun's too spiky. It needs to be a big bright, circular blur thingy.

Dana

24. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Yet Another Update!

[image=http://www.weareboring.com/images/misc/corrin_select/compare1.jpg]

The top is a sketch by Concept Artist for the Fan Film. He drew the corridor, and afterwards we discussed a new door design, I sort of put that in, too.

The bottom is a textureless rendering of that corridor. Work in Progress.

Opinions?

25. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    *Waits for Oohs and Ahhs*