main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Silent Cities of Coruscant - A game for everyone

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ensign Ewlla Iillor, Jedi du Nord maglev station.

Ewlla sprinted across the plaza, heading towards the tall edifice of the maglev station that she could see beyond the buildings at the other side of the white marble square.

She did not allow the metre-high blocks of stone that broke up the expanse to deter her flight, jumping up onto the them instead of going round, until she came within site of the single tall unipod that formed the nearest Jedi du Nord station.
    Ewlla figured it was supposed to mean ?station to the north of the Jedi Temple?, and extrapolated that the historical ziggurat had a Jedi du.....Sud(?) station round the back.

Her footfalls echoed through the deserted ticket area as she pounded past a brightly?coloured wall map showing the trains? route, planted both hands on the metal ticket barriers, and pulled up her knees to hop over the frosted cyan glass which blocked her progress.
    Next, a steep set of steps led up to the platform.

?Wot, no turbolifts? And this, the centre of the civilised galaxy.?

Free hand on the blue hand rail, she took the dark grey steps two at a time, though that pace faded quickly, barely halfway to the top, and looking out through the superstructure, she could see that the train, with the life-form she had detected, coming in behind her, and forced herself to keep going

Her journey through from the hotel had been largely flat, so this climb was a shock to the system, even coming from however many weeks at the Academy.

?Steep Set of Steps,? She repeated, as she used her grasp of the hand-rail to bodily haul herself onto the platform, collapsing to her knees, just to relieve the knotted hawsers that were the backs of her calves, sucking in air. ?That?s what I call the three S?s!?

Another moment, and the maglev transport would arrive.

Tag: Dash Rendar, Stranger on the Train

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: As most of you have known, I haven?t posted in forever. Bogged down with so many games, and I am going to have to hang up my hat on this game.

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc from the GM: My ability to access internet is fully restored. Tuesday and Sunday from now on official update days. Sorry for vanishing for two weeks. I could not help it.

So, we gonna move ahead. Sorry to see you leave Spy. But I´ll take over for Leia now, then. Except someone wnats to pick her up.

LordT

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: Sorry to see you go, spy and welcome back LordT!

IC: Han Solo
    Monument Plaza, Coruscant

Han scowled and turned away from the princess when she remained silent. He was now fairly certain that something had come between them in the months(or maybe years?) following Sernpidal. Of course, he might have brought it on himself with his behavior, but who could blame him? It wasn't everyday that a guy witnessed a moon crashing down on his best friend...

Clenching his jaw so that pain began to shoot up into is sinuses, Han wandered to the edge of one of the platforms and stared down at the creatures gathered below. They were oblivious to what was about to happen and in a way, it brought him some satisfaction. It wasn't exactly the revenge he had been hoping to dish out to the Vong, but it was revenge nonetheless. Someone was going to pay for what happened to Chewie and that's all that mattered.

By this time, the Chewie of this other world had returned with his bowcaster at the ready. Han took a step back from the edge of the platform, hoping not to alarm his friend or put any funny ideas into his head that he had been planning to do something stupid, and acknowledged the Wook with a small nod.

"Took you long enough," he quipped in an attempt to lighten the mood. He purposely kept his gaze focused on the creatures below, not wanting to betray his emotions by looking at either Chewie or Leia. "Got everything set? Looks like our friends are starting to get restless. The sooner we set things off, the better." He inhaled slowly, reaching up to stroke the light growth of beard on his chin as he pondered his next move. "As soon as the fireworks start flying, we're down there. We swoop in while they're trying to figure out what hit 'em, sneak on that ship and fly it outta here. No matter what happens, we need that ship. Got it?"

TAG: Ktala, LordT

[b]IC: Lieutenant Solo[/b]
    [i]Hotel Corridor, Coruscant[/i]

Solo stood still for a long moment, simply studying the woman and gauging her reactions. So, she believed he wasn't worthy because of the uniform he wore. That wasn't surprising considering what side of the war she was supposedly on. He couldn't be certain of that, but her actions told him a lot. But even if she was a member of one of the many rebel cells fighting against the Empire, was that really a bad thing? He wasn't so sure anymore.

"I have plenty of talents," he revealed with a cocky grin, stepping closer to her position. "They don't call me 'Slick' for nothing. Just show me what you need and I'll--"

He trailed off as the woman cheekily stepped up to the turbolift and slapped the control node, promptly opening the door and showing off in the process. Solo could only stare, shaking his head indignantly.

"That doesn't count," he was quick to add, pushing past her to move ahead into the lift. "You probably had that planned all along." He paused here to jab his index finger in her direction. "I know your type."

[b]TAG: Cray[/b]

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Let's see if we can wake up the neighbors, shall we? :D

Chewbacca

As Chewbacca made it back to Han and the Princess, he quickly noticed that she was not standing near Han. Chewbacca wondered what had happened while he was gone, but left the question to drop for now.

He growled softly as he made it back to the others.
    Han took a step back from the edge of the platform and nodded. Chewbacca gave a small woof.

"Took you long enough," Han quipped Chewbacca responded softly,

"Wrrrrah..arrgh..looohhh."
    (Next time, YOU go.)

"Got everything set? Looks like our friends are starting to get restless. The sooner we set things off, the better." Han replied. Chewbacca gave him a nod. "Grrrrah." {Yes}

As Han rubbed his chin Chewbacca looked back out over the area once more. Good. No one had moved. He looked back over towards Han, as the man spoke up once more. "As soon as the fireworks start flying, we're down there. We swoop in while they're trying to figure out what hit 'em, sneak on that ship and fly it outta here. No matter what happens, we need that ship. Got it?"

"Grrrrah." Chewbacca replied with a more vigorous nod, as he pulled his bowcaster to the read.

"rrruah..taah...grrrph"
    {Run fast!)[/i] Chewbacca added with a grin as he slipped down, he feet touching the ground quickly.

They made their way as close as they could move towards the ship, and waited on the first explosion to rock the perimeter. Chewbacca had been counting..it would not be long now.

"Hurrrph.." Chewbacca held up his fist.

"Baa...WWOOOOM!!!: The LOUD explosion rocked the ground, echoing around them in the many areas of the empty walkways and buildings around them. The next explosions would be in varying timing. They would need to move quickly.

With his bowcaster at the ready, Chewbacca began to move, keeping his eyes open for anyone who might try to stop them. The explosion was in another direction, hopefully, that would keep the other warriors busy.

Chewbacca moved fast, but stayed within range of Han. He was not about to have his buddy get shot on his watch.

TAG: HanSolo, LordT

6. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Mandalore
    Imperial Plaza/Republic Plaza

The explosions took hte Mandalorian by surprise. Even the battle hardened warriors did not expect to be attacked, when they expected to be alone, actually. The first one did only take a few of them with it. Mostly wounded. but the second one was devastaing, ripping apart half a phalanx that had fortified their position. The men scattered and fled to all directions and Mandalore saw the exploions bringing a large port of the southern structure to collapse. He hissed out and barked orders. "Line! Cover! Whoever hit us, find and kill them!" But they were mostly lost in the noise of the thundering explosions. He took out his lance, the weapon unfolding itslef, as he touched the grip and leaped down from his platform, to get closer to his men. Only five or six of the soliders were now guarding the ship. They were to professional to leave their posts. And all weaponed with melee weapons of variosu kinds.

Tag: Ktala, HS29 (take control of Leia for the post if you want to)

Mordred
    Above the Plaza

From the highest point of the plaza Mordred had watched events unfold. A ship. A group of men with a wookiee. And then the small army of Mandalorians. He knew Mandalorians. Mainly from fiction. History. He knew the Taung, from lessons in the Temple. He had not heard of any being alive in his age. Not for hundreds of years. With a sigh he unclipped his black metal hilt from his belt and began to leap down from the statue he had been sitting on the the next lower level.

He knew what a Mandalorian was. but he did not know where he was or who these humans could possibly. be. it was time to get some answers.

Tag: Nobody, yet

[b]ooc:[/b] Moving SirakRomar and Mitth and Deepregret a little ahead on Sirak´s request.

[b]Alpha - 56[/b]
    [i]The Apartments[/i]

He had watched them. They were searching for something. the small droid, marked for execution, did triangulate something, thart much was obvious. but what? The alpha´s had decided to watch and learn. To little was known of their guests. So they simply leaned back and did remain claoked. Hidden.

Finally they seemed ot have a result. And Alpha 56 summoned moreo f his colleagues. If needed, they would have to kill them all. Even though Jacne Solo had a 86 probability ot be the one. And even Kenobi was over 56 percent at this point.

Although they had more thasn of them.

[b]Tag: Sirak, DeepRegret, Mitth[/b]

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han Solo

The first explosive ignited right on schedule, sending a plume of fire and ash into the darkened sky in a brilliant explosion. The force of blow could also be felt beneath their feet, nearly knocking Han free of the scaffolding he was using to clamber down to the plaza below. To make matters worse, Chewie was already ahead of him and charging for their target as the next explosion jolted to life.

This time, Han did lose his balance. With a stifled yelp that came out sounding more like a grunt, Han fell free of the metal rungs and hit the permacrete below with a thud. Luckily, he was able to get his legs under him before impact and he managed to land in an off-balanced crouch. He took this opportunity to survey the damage around them and noted that the creatures were on the run. Only a few remained in the immediate vicinity, leaving a fairly clear path to the freighter. Han smiled. Chewie's plan was working.

Speaking of the ball of fuzz, Han spotted a blur of chestnut fur as Chewie dashed onward. If he had any hope of keeping up with the tall Wookiee, he had to move now.

Ripping his blaster free from the holster riding his right thigh, Han sprung back to his feet and pushed forward into a sprint. The freighter was drawing closer and it was at this point in time that Han noticed the guards posted around the ship's fuselage. They appeared to be armed only with melee weapons, which was nothing a few shots of a blaster couldn't handle, but they had to move quick.

"Chewie, take the right!" he shouted, his voice strained over the roar of the explosions.

Using the clouds of smoke and ash to conceal his position, Han fired off a couple shots at the guards on the left in hopes of clearing a path to the entry ramp.

Things should work out fine - as long as the explosions kept going strong...

TAG: Ktala, LordT

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Chewbacca
    Imperial Plaza/Republic Plaza

As the explosions shook the area, as Chewbacca gave a satisfied bark. The plan was working so far. But he knew, not to expect it to be too easy. He watched as the men scattered and ran. All that is, excepte a few.

The Mandalore did not run. He was gesturing. Too far to hear, but he saw him draw a weapon. Five or six of the soliders were now guarding the ship. They were too professional to leave their posts. Chewbacca noticed their weapons. They would have to move quick.

A grunt from behind him caused Chewbacca to pause for a moment as he found cover. Before he could turn around to see if Han was alright, he heard his pal yell above the noise..

"Chewie, take the right!" he shouted, his voice strained over the roar of the explosions.

"UURRRRRRAAGH!!"
    "Got it!" Chewbacca roared back to his friend.

Chewbacca brought up his bowcaster, and began to fire a few shots as they moved closer towards their target. The more they could take down before they got close, the better. Chewbacca decided that he would have to rush the open area if they were to make it to the ship. If the blasts stopped before they got on that ship, the others would most likely returned. Chewbacca kept track of the explosions. He knew how many he had set. So far, they were fine. But best not to lose the upper hand.

Nearby Han was firing off a couple shots as well. Good. Right now Chewbacca wished they had Jason with them. As creepy as he was, his skills would have been useful. Oh well, he would make do as he always did. Just Han and him, like always.

Chewbacca understood using the smoke and explosions as cover, and he used it as best as he could as they drew close to the ship.

Now came the fun part!

"RRROOOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!"

Chewbacca set off several blasts of his bowcaster as the next explosion rocked the area.

TAG: HS29, LordT

9. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
    ~The Roster~

1. LordTroepfchen (GM): Anakin Skywalker, Pre-TPM; Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi, Around the time he confronted A´Sharad Hett
    2. Kahn_Iceay: Yusanis Before his Duel with Darth Revan.
    3. HanSolo29: Han Solo, NJO - a few months after Chewie's death; Lieutenant Han Solo, during his time with the Imperial Navy - prior to rescuing a certain Wookiee
    4. Sir_Draco: Luke Skywalker, beginning of The Empire Strikes Back
    5. darthhelinith: Darth Vader ESB
    6. Spycoder9: Leia Organa, following the Death of Anakin Solo, Yoda, right after his death
    7. TheSithGirly: Kreia/DarthTraya, Time of her final return to Dantooine; Darth Zion, same; Darth Nihilus; (at LordTs request and I´ll make him appear later)
    8. Mitth_Fisto: Vuffi Raa, just prior to Lando's duel with Rokur Gepta
    9. DarkLordoftheFins: Cade Skywalker, prior to arriving on Tatooine and Mace Windu, after the Sith Lord was revealed, before he enters the office
    10. Sith-I-5: Ewlla Iillor, my younger game version, starting where The Machine Wars: Star Wars versus Terminator got locked.
    11. SirakRomar: Jacen Solo, End of TUF, pre-JINO; Tera Sinube, right after "Lightsaber Lost"
    12. Sawn_Kassal: Revan, End of KOTOR
    13. darthramza: Evelios D'Rtan, of Tide of Flames fame, adapted for Star Wars use and immediately prior to the events of that game, and Anakin Solo, immediately prior to the Junior Jedi Knights series.
    14. Ktala: Chewbacca, Immediately after EP VI - ROTJ
    15. Corellian_Outrider: Dash Rendar, ESB, Shortly after the Escape from Hoth. Before events of SOTE
    16. DarthXan318: Darth Krasus (OC), approximately at the end of Integrated Balance of Power
    217. CPL_Macja: CC-2224 "Cody", in the midst of receiving Order 66!
    18. ThreadOfFate: Naga Sadow, as Dark Lord of the Sith; Exar Kun, as Dark Lord of the Sith.
    19. Twysper: HK-47, as Revan's Assassin.
    20. DeepRegret: Obi-Wan Kenobi, after earning Knight status following the death of his master.
    21. scarlet_shiv: Jaden Korr, just after the events of Crosscurrent.

OOC: I should have my first post up tomorrow morning.

Edit: I just realized this might not still be active, but I'd like to join in if it's still going.

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Hi Scarlet. Welcome to Silent Cities. Some of us are still here, but busy elsewhere, or awaiting interaction or GM input.

So you need to be wary as to where you jump in, if you want others to interact with you.

My character, for instance, is on the platform of a maglev train station, close to the Jedi Temple. If you arrive there, we can RP together till that maglev arrives.

11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Well, the main problem is, I totally underestimated the effort it would take to prepare for travellling the world. Therefore I´ll try to update as soon as Germany played today. But people around here should be aware that I will leave TFN for good in approximatly 8 weeks. Therefore this game will then have to be handed over to someone else, work on without a GM or simply be shut down.

So, now it´s official . . .

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    *abuses mod powers for OOC*

Well I knew this was happening, but I'm sorry to hear that regardless, LordT. We'll miss your contributions around these parts. :(

If you're ever in Melbourne, Australia, drop me a PM. I'll show you around. :D

13. JediMasterMark

JediMasterMark Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2010
    ~The Roster~

1. LordTroepfchen (GM): Anakin Skywalker, Pre-TPM; Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi, Around the time he confronted A´Sharad Hett
    2. Kahn_Iceay: Yusanis Before his Duel with Darth Revan.
    3. HanSolo29: Han Solo, NJO - a few months after Chewie's death; Lieutenant Han Solo, during his time with the Imperial Navy - prior to rescuing a certain Wookiee
    4. Sir_Draco: Luke Skywalker, beginning of The Empire Strikes Back
    5. darthhelinith: Darth Vader ESB
    6. Spycoder9: Leia Organa, following the Death of Anakin Solo, Yoda, right after his death
    7. TheSithGirly: Kreia/DarthTraya, Time of her final return to Dantooine; Darth Zion, same; Darth Nihilus; (at LordTs request and I´ll make him appear later)
    8. Mitth_Fisto: Vuffi Raa, just prior to Lando's duel with Rokur Gepta
    9. DarkLordoftheFins: Cade Skywalker, prior to arriving on Tatooine and Mace Windu, after the Sith Lord was revealed, before he enters the office
    10. Sith-I-5: Ewlla Iillor, my younger game version, starting where The Machine Wars: Star Wars versus Terminator got locked.
    11. SirakRomar: Jacen Solo, End of TUF, pre-JINO; Tera Sinube, right after "Lightsaber Lost"
    12. Sawn_Kassal: Revan, End of KOTOR
    13. darthramza: Evelios D'Rtan, of Tide of Flames fame, adapted for Star Wars use and immediately prior to the events of that game, and Anakin Solo, immediately prior to the Junior Jedi Knights series.
    14. Ktala: Chewbacca, Immediately after EP VI - ROTJ
    15. Corellian_Outrider: Dash Rendar, ESB, Shortly after the Escape from Hoth. Before events of SOTE
    16. DarthXan318: Darth Krasus (OC), approximately at the end of Integrated Balance of Power
    217. CPL_Macja: CC-2224 "Cody", in the midst of receiving Order 66!
    18. ThreadOfFate: Naga Sadow, as Dark Lord of the Sith; Exar Kun, as Dark Lord of the Sith.
    19. Twysper: HK-47, as Revan's Assassin.
    20. DeepRegret: Obi-Wan Kenobi, after earning Knight status following the death of his master.
    21. scarlet_shiv: Jaden Korr, just after the events of Crosscurrent.
    22. JediMasterMark: Galen Marek, After ?resurrection? as seen in the beginning o

14. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    IC: Galen Marek

With a wave of a hand, the door in front of him slid open, the turbolift taking him up. Galen had just cut his way through nothing short of a garrison of armored Stormtroopers and other mechanical constructs. Yet there was something? off about him right now. His forehead wrinkled slightly, trying to grasp some elusive memory that continued to slip just out of grasp. The more you tried to grab sand, the more slid through your fingers. As it was his mind at the moment. Sighing softly, he slipped the twin lightsabers back into the vest he wore as could only continue to try to think through the haze in his mind.

A fast slowdown of the elevator and a swish of the door indicated that he was at his destination. Which was ironic, he thought to himself, when he neither knew where he was nor where he was going. Stepping out of the elevator, he was met again with two white armored Stormtroopers and an Imperial officer in his charcoal dress uniform. Almost a joke, he thought to himself after what he?d just been through. One of the tropper?s voices started to crackle though his helmet, but never got that far. Going to arrest, shoot or kill him, I?m sure. Those clones had some repertoire of quick wit. Galen felt a flare of anger course through his body as he waved his left hand through the air in front of him. Tendrils of the Force swept aside the three Imperials as if they were sheets of paper blown by the wind and tossed them against the wall and into blissful unconsciousness. His brown eyes looked down at his own arm. For a moment, he was looking at something different. His hand, wrapped in gray strips of cloth, little bits hanging off them. Scars along his arm from countless duels and Lightsaber burns. Practically tortured? in a blink, he was looking at his own arm again and shook his head, confusion painted on his face. Perhaps these strange thoughts would reveal more as he went along. Galen stepped up to the door, pausing only for a moment to pick up the officer?s travel cloak and drape it over his shoulders. For whatever obvious reason, he had a feeling that they would be looking for him soon enough.

He squinted in the late afternoon sun as he stood outside now. For as far as the eye could see into the distance, there was nothing but buildings. He took a moment to look behind him as well ? same thing. ?Coruscant,? he mumbled to himself. With a shake of his head, he stepped to the edge of the platform. The normal path led to the nearby airbus terminal where he could catch a ride. But no matter what state his mind was in, this was not the time to move about in public ? at least not quite so much public. Though certainly mind-blowing to some, he simply stepped over the edge.

Falling was a feeling that was oddly familiar to him as well. A weightlessness, feeling of disconnection from physical restrictions, made him wonder why he felt that way. Coruscant was an endless city, built upon layer and layer of previous ?growth?, and he found it to be the best way to get totally lost. His head leaned down a little, eyes squinting as the air rushed past him. That one should do?

With a thump, the driver of the Magnaline 3000 airbus wondered what had hit his vehicle from above. Little did he know, someone was riding on it for a bit until he found the nearby crowded walkway which was to be the bus?s next stop. Galen leapt from the top and landed firmly on the ground again, taking the moment to pull the cloak over his head as he started to make his way through the crowd, trusting in the Force to guide him where he needed to go.

Where that was, he still didn?t know.

?Oh, sorry?? he commented reservedly as he bumped into someone. ?Little crowded today.?

Tag: Any

15. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    OOC: Bump... if anyone is still interested in playing in this game, or even revamping it a little, I'll take on some GM duties...

Thanks!

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Well..if you can get a few more back...Id be interested in playing still. :D

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The only reason I never responded was because I never received a GM update. So, yeah, I'm still willing to push forward with this.

18. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: LordT has left the boards a few weeks ago. There should have been an announcment somewhere. I know he wanted this game to be taken over by someone, so I think if you wanna have the job it´s all yours! Hope that clears up the situation.

-Fin-

19. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    OOC: Awesome, thanks for the response, DL!

So I think I'll start us up with a post of who is playing who, much like the previous one, but fresh. If you're still around and playing your character, kindly pick up, copy & post. I should put a new thread start out next week where we can reboot!

Any Q's, let me know.

Mark

20. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    ~The Roster~ as of September 17, 2010

1. JediMasterMark: Galen Marek, After ?resurrection? as seen in the beginning of TFUII.

21. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Final GM Note

Well, nobody successfully picked it up and therefore I will have it locked, soon. Anyway, i want to thank everybody for their effort they put into this game. I enjoyed it a lot. And will always remember it fondly as my final game of this late RPF season I had.

If anybody really wants to know what was behind the plot, feel free to write me a PM. I can give a short summary of the background.

LordT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.