main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Sins of the Sons

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ?You know, sometimes I think I am the devil. Maybe I am and I simply do not know, you know?? The bearded men in his worn out suit turned to his partner and smiled. The desert sun was burning down on both of them. His younger partner gave him a tired smile and wiped the dust of his boots. A futile gesture, as the desert would soon replace it. ?A little late for self-reflection, isn´t it? Now that nobody is alive anymore to care about it??

The bearded men gave him a long look and nodded then. ?Well, HE is still there. HE might care??

His partner was unsuccessful with surpressing a bitter laughter. ?Still obsessed God is around??

?I am.? The bearded man turned his head once more and looked down on the diner they had found in the desert here. Corben´s Inn the signpost said. Rotting, rusty and abandoned for decades it lay beneath them. A ruin in a world of ruins.

?Besides, what would it mean to be the devil, hm? If this is God´s creation? If this is Gods world? Do you really think . . . ?

The bearded man turned to his companion. ?What?? His voice snapped.

?If this barren world is the place God created, do you really think the devil is the bad guy?? He asked and stepped next to his partner.

The bearded man gave him a long look, before he turned his eyes back to the ruins.

?Point.? He answered and sighed. Then he waited. He would wait here, watching this ruin. It was a special place. Soon . . . very soon it would stop being a ruin. It would be restored to what little glory it once possessed. People would be down there. Violence. Death. Opportunity. A chance for redemption would come from this place. And it would certainly offer a chance for further damnation.

The bearded man closed his eyes. He had been here. Sixty years ago he had digged up something in the sand. It had been his orders. Back then, when he still followed orders. Before his final betrayal, that left nothing to betray in all the world. And then he heard it. Music. A song from down there and voices.

?Milton?? His partner said, baffled by whatever he had witnessed, while his eyes had been closed.

?Yes, my son?? He smiled.

?What just happened?? The younger man was looking at him now. He could feel it.

?A miracle, my son. A very carefully manufactured miracle, that has been more than sixty years in the making.? Milton laughed. And from afar he heard a sound he had not perceived for so long it had become unfamiliar with it. His brain needed almost a minute to realize it were the jets of an airplane. Growing louder as if they made their way through time itself to come here. Slowly but steady approaching the hell earth had become.

?Welcome back, old friend.? Milton grinned. ?Welcome back.? And he stepped forth and began walking down to Corben´s Inn. He left the young man behind. It was Milton´s time to die, not his.

It was in this moment he realized good old Aldous Huxley had it right all along. This world was another worlds hell indeed.

Fifteen minutes later his eternal existence was ended by a young waitress. She shot him in the head and he died. But his game had only begun.

[hl=darkred][color=orangered][b]The Sins of the Sons[/b][/color][/hl]

[hr]

[image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/175/3/a/3a8f861b250e49bbbadfa9c1911d942b.jpg]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guocvS7XQW0]There is a world after the Change. [/link]

And THEY had never been meant to be there. Yet, by forces they could not begin to imagine they ended up in this world. And after the killing ended those left were caught in these barren lands. But they were not lost. Some knew it, some could not accept it and some had yet to learn the truth: But none of them was there without purpose.
    For each one of the survivors of Corben´s Inn mysterious events a journey had begun.

A journey into the heart of The Change.

[hr]
    [image=http://th04.deviantart.net/fs42/PRE/i/2009/073/7/d/Desert_Road_by_Sed_rah.jpg]

Welcome to [b]The Sins of the Sons[/b]. If you are part of this game chances are good, you´ve been here before. We are in the desert of Nevada in an un

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    First!!

er, I mean, GM Approved. :D

Name: Sharon Cosner
    Nationality: American
    Faith: Lapsed Catholic - she was raised as one, but no longer observes anything religious barring Christmas, and that is more for the obligatory food and gift-giving than any belief in its divinity.
    Appearance:
    [image=http://i52.tinypic.com/35ak55h.jpg]
    Special Skills/Areas of Expertise: Pistols, knives, electronics, gadgetry. Also baking. Sharon could bake for a living if she wanted.
    Equipment: A couple of Leatherman knives, mobile phone, various little tools in her car, pistol
    Bio:
    Sharon's early life was fairly unremarkable: she was raised in Chicago in a perfectly ordinary household, went to a perfectly ordinary school, and graduated from a middling-ranked college with an ordinary degree. And then her life diverged from 'ordinary': rather than get a job and work her way up the corporate ladder, she was recruited right out of college by the CIA.

In hindsight, the corporate ladder would have been the better option, but Sharon didn't know it at the time. What began as a bright, promising career as an intelligence officer ended in flames a handful of years later, courtesy of a stupid rookie mistake. She was young; she fell in love; it was unfortunate for her that the man she married turned out to be using her to obtain secrets for the KGB, a fact which she discovered when the CIA hauled them both in for questioning. Sharon was named his accomplice - unknowing, perhaps, but still guilty - and only the collapse of the Soviet Empire kept her from spending the rest of her days in a cell as a traitor. Instead, she was 'generously' allowed to resign in disgrace.

What happened to her now ex-husband, Sharon never knew or cared to find out.

After that, life was hard. The CIA made life difficult for her - she might be out, but they kept very close tabs on her nonetheless to ensure she didn't 'go rogue'. She knocked around the country doing all sorts of work - she was a park ranger, a waitress, a mechanic, a receptionist (twice), a teacher, even trained to be a paramedic for a while - but she never stayed in any one state for very long, constantly moving in an attempt to keep ahead of her trackers. More often than not, she succeeded: she had been one of the best in her field before her career had ended so ignobly.

Seven years later, things collapsed once again - this time not by the CIA's actions, or anything of her own doing, but by cancer. Doctors were baffled by its presentation and spread - and resilience. Any treatments they prescribed would help for a time, but then the cancer would mysteriously come back and the cycle would start over again. Day by day, Sharon's strength flagged and her medical bills piled higher. Nothing worked.

Until Karl Weber. Sharon had never heard of him before he showed up one day, introduced vaguely as a friend of a relative of a friend of one of her doctors or something equally improbable. Within days he had arranged for her to be transferred to another hospital of his choosing, where she received new 'experimental' treatments; within a month, the cancer was gone.

And over the course of the month of treatment and her subsequent recovery, Sharon made it her business to learn more about the man who had saved her life without being asked - or asking for anything in return. Publicly available information was easy enough to obtain; Karl Weber was a billionaire who made his money in the ecoenergy business and private social services. Trying to glean anything further, however, proved frustratingly impossible. All she could tell from his occasional visits was that there was far more to him than met the eye.

To this day, Sharon doesn't know how he really found her or why, but he did, and she owed him for that. When she was well enough, she asked him for one more favour - she asked if she could work for him.

So began her new life. To outside eyes, it would seem that she had merely resumed her wanderings, but now she had a purpose - she went where Weber needed

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    GM Approved as returning character

Name: Sumiko Nakamura
    Nationality: Japanese
    Faith: Shinto
    Appearance:

[image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__AxBGnutuW8/So3_8VvfcfI/AAAAAAAADOQ/vUvWFEpatXw/s1600/ayumi%2Bkino****a-common-girl-6.jpg]

Special Skills/Areas of Expertise: Athletic

Equipment: The clothes on her back

Bio:

Sumiko is the second born child of Haru Nakamura and Izanami Nakamura. Haru was previously a hard-working salary man, but after stress took a scary turn on his health, he gave up his high pressure job and moved the family to a quieter town in the country. Izanami Nakamura is a full time housewife. Sumiko also has an older brother, 24 year old Katsuro Nakamura, who left their rural hometown in search of work and excitement in the megatropolis of Tokyo. He currently works in a bar in the Ikebukuro area. Sumiko was born in Japan's Nara Prefecture in the city of Sakurai, but moved to a smaller rural town when she was seven years old. After graduating Junior high school, she decided to continue her education up to high school level, attending a high school renowned for its sporting and academic programmes.

Sumiko was always seen as a dreamer, preferring the more interesting and stimulating school subjects such as art, history and physical education. Not that she abandoned the other subjects however, having the importance of education drummed into her consistently from a young age. Extra curricular clubs were a staple of Japanese school life, and Sumiko joined the Tennis club in her first year of junior high and started competing not long after. This allowed her to journey to other prefectures in Japan for competitions. This initial stint of travelling around whetted her appetite for travel and she often dreamed about travelling to and competing in other countries when she was old enough. This interest was further stoked when an American English teacher took up a post at her high school. It was then Sumiko discovered the option to study abroad.

Gaining a place on an exchange programme, she was excited when her departure date came. At the international airport, She boarded flight 2440 from Tokyo to San Francisco, and encountered a mysterious passenger named Tony who set into motion a chain of strange and terrifying events that would change her life forever?

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    GM APPROVED :D

Name: Andrea (Andy) Rebecca Baker
    Nationality: Italian
    Faith: Believes there is God and Jesus, just is not involved much in church
    [image=http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/woman-long-brown-hair-1.jpg]
    -Long Brown Hair
    -Bright Blue Eyes
    -Rosy Cheeks
    Special Skills/Areas of Expertise: She is very fashionable and can speak to people easily and without stress. She has studied multiple languages. She always dreamed of becoming a news anchor.
    Biography:

Andrea Rebecca Baker
    was born to Giovanni and Zaira Baker. With her father an American and her mother Italian, Andrea learned both languages rather quickly. Zaira?s family lived in the same neighborhood in Italy, so Andrea became close to all of her family, especially her grandmother, who she coined the name ?Grannie?. When Andrea turned five, a bad case of flu struck the town. Her Italian grandmother fell victim to the flu. Andrea visited her in her last days of life, always with a facemask and gloves on. When Andrea gave her grandmother a final hug, she passed away. For weeks afterward, Andrea became withdrawn and kept to herself. Her parents longed for that playful girl. When Andrea started school, the spark came back in her eyes. She met a little Japanese boy who nicknamed her ?Andy?, which she kept for years to come. For years, life remained normal. When Andrea turned thirteen, two major things happened. She dated her first boy, who was Kamikaze, and her mother passed away from the same thing her grandmother had died from years ago. Saddened and unable to cope with such a loss, her father took her and moved to his home town in the USA. San Francisco.

Andrea missed her friends and family, but in San Francisco she learned to love again. Going through ups and downs, trials and tribulations, her and father made it. She graduated high school and managed to go to a local college. She graduated in hopes of becoming a news reporter, and even applied at a local station. She wasn?t able to get a job, and worked here and there, finally finding a rather stable job at a gas station.

When a luxury vacation to Italy comes up, she travels there and looks around for potential scholarships and jobs. She met with old friends, even shared a kiss with Kamikaze. While there, she received a call from her father. He gave her the worst news possible to her. He was sick, and he was going to die. The Change hadn?t affected Andrea personally as of yet, and it all just seemed to be news reports. She boarded the soonest plane to Tokyo, and from their boarded a plane, Flight 2440, in hopes of returning to her father. If only she had known then by boarding that flight, she would most likely never see her father again.

She was seated across an aisle to a handsome man named Vincent who revealed himself to be a sky marshal. After flirting for a little while, Andrea felt the first tremors of the flight. Turbulence, she had told herself. After being engulfed by a black cloud and arguing with a stewardess, she found herself and the Japanese girl who had spoken with her under the gun of the crazed stewardess. After being blasted in the shoulder, Vincent managed to shoot the stewardess in the head and get Andrea to safety. Sumiko, the Japanese girl, and Vincent wrap her wound. After promising her a date, Vincent left to pilot the plane.

The rest was simply a blur. Strapped into a seat by Old Man and Sumiko. Plane crash. Rescued, along with everyone she had spoken to on board, by a man who identified himself as Karl Weber. They were stuck in a desert, not an ocean. Andrea had no idea where she was. Sumiko and Karl ventured off. Vincent and the Old Man carried her a little ways before they were approached by a strange man. She tried talking to him, but he almost killed her in the process. Vincent, in return, killed him. Things spiraled out of control then. Vincent and her had developed an infatuation during the process of this nightmare. And once the Old Man turned against t

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Reapproved, reprising, returning

Name: Carl Weber aka Karl Weber or Charles Weber
    Nationality: German/U.S. citizenship
    Faith: That´s a tricky one with a guy like him.
    Appearance: [image=http://images.suite101.com/547918_de_ulrichtuku.jpg]
    Special Skills/Areas of Expertise: He is rich, powerful, smart, educated and got that vibe around him that he is probably more than he seems to be. when asked what is his greatest quality he sometimes msiles and answers: I am many.
    Equipment: Only his suit and the unfitting youtful sneakers he wears.
    Bio: The biography of Carl would probably be a very, very long one. And it might not serve the purpose of the character all too well. Whoever he is, whatever he is . . . Carl was around for a long time and seen a lot of things. He has amassed billions and in this age he is famous as a benefactor and developer of cutting edge ecological technologies. Yet, the Change seems to have made him loose control of certain aspects and this loss of control made him use violence and even commit murder.
    Stranded in the future like all others, he is different. He is probably the only one of all of them who is exactly where he wanted to be.

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Consider me joining the Carl-hater faction with GM approval

Name: Jackson Clay
    Nationality: Unknown, but assumed US citizen
    Faith: Roman-Catholic
    Appearance: [image=http://www.northernstars.ca/actorsmno/Media/mchattie_250_richard.jpg]
    Equipment: He is wearing an old-fashioned suit, which has seen it´s best of times. Has his small travelling suitcase with him at all times and wears a hat. Boots. No mobile. Actually not a lot of stuff at all.

Bio: Little is known about Jackson Clay and where he came from. Actually it seems as if he did not exist before he turned 45. What is known is that he is a devoted catholic. Even though with a certain tolerance for all Christian religions and a lack of tolerance, bordering racism, to all other religions. Not matter what they are. He wanders the US (also people who would follow his sightings, would have spotted him in Europe two, very occasionally, but why should someone? Follow his sightings, I mean) stay for himself. Does not talk much. Does not do much. Visits churches. Searched for missing people and seemed never to run of dedication or cash.

He searched for a certain person in Corben´s Inn when The Change happened. He knew it would sooner or later have to happen. He knew it and he died despite his mission was not yet completed. It wasn´t that bad. He had died before. Countless times. He would not stay dead. The Lord did not accept rest, when his will had to be done.

7. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    Returning and GM Approved

Name: Vashti Schick
    Nationality: American
    Appearance:
    [image=http://www.mandymoore.org/pictures/albums/PhotoShoots/chrispizzello120603/normal_04.jpg]
    Personality: Cheery but has a tendency to be quite timid.
    Faith:follows "the Truth". Extreme
    Special Skills: Bible knowledge
    Equipment: Anything in her purse. Her Bible and her father's tracts. Anything she can find in the diner.
    Bio:

Vashti. It means beautiful and is also the name of the woman that Esther replaced as King Ahaseurus' wife. She refused to be paraded around in front of his friends at a banquet. That is when he started searching for a new queen.

My parents named me after her for three reasons. The first, they thought I was a beautiful baby, but what parent doesn't think that. The second, they would teach me to stand firm in my beliefs even in the face of trial. And the third, I was always shirking away from any attention I was given.

Those three reasons describe my life. I am 21 and live in the small town of Ely with my parents. My father is Adam Schick, the minister for one of the few congregations here, and he has quite a following. People would follow him to the ends of the earth. My mother is my father's shadow, but only out of fear. She married him young and believed every word he ever said. She taught me everything he ever wanted her too. I am well versed in the Bible, my father's teachings, and the art of homemaking. Everything changed when she got pregnant and miscarried. Father said it was because she wasn't faithful enough. Mother didn't believe that and she started studying for herself, learning that most of what Father said wasn't true or even in the Bible. I'm not allowed to say anything about her studying. To express doubts in my father would be to bring severe persecution on yourself.

About me? Well, Ely and the Corbin's Inn area are all I've ever known. I've never been anywhere else. I am allowed to work at the Corbin's Inn diner as a waitress but only so I can further spread "the Truth". Father thinks people will recognize me or see his tracts and ask me questions about our beliefs. Mother says it is so I can learn about the rest of the world from the people who come through and maybe someday, one of them will help me leave.

Many sorts of people come through the diner and tell me all kinds of things about the world. Father says the bad things are God's way of bringing judgment on the sinners and the good things of God's way of rewarding them. We never have to worry about being judged. We follow "the Truth" and will always be spared...

He was wrong. I have never done anything but follow the word of my father, yet, within the span of a few hours I have questioned and denied my faith, saved a man, and killed one. I have watched innocent people die and the guilty rise again. I feel as if I am in hell but does that mean I am being judged? I am not sure what my part in all of this is but I think I am being used in some way whether it be good or bad has yet to be decided.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Corben´s Inn

It was dark outside. Karl had found some cnadles and they illuminated the interior of the ravaged Corben´s Inn in their warm and flickering light.

Sharon had done as Karl told her and handcuffed and burned the Preacher in the cellar. When she arrived up there, there were still more than a few bodies left. The staff was dead, except for Vashti who had so far been completely ignored by Karl. John Henley lay there, pale and staring to the ceiling. He looked like a western hero who had died in a spectacular showdown. Karl pulled him over to the other bodies. The father and his son, the amok shooter and the truck driver were all lying on the floor. And then there was a body Sharon had so far not seen herself. He had probably arrived after her departure. A bearded man in a white suit. It took her a long moment to recognize Milton Prest, Karl´s lawyer. Not aged a day but bearded now he had a shot between his eyes.

Vashti had shot him and Karl was now kneeling over him, as if he expected him to wake up any second . . . which was highly unlikely, considering the vigilant observer could see pieces of his brain on the floor. Then again Corben´s Inn was so full of blood it was hard to say whose it was. The Inn had turned into a slaughter house. The floor was covered with the blood and bodies of everybody Vashti had worked and lived with for most of her life.

Tag: LordT, Xany, swbeauty

Somewhere in a house

The smell of food was in her nose. It was the first thing Andy perceived when she woke up. And she coughed from the water someone had gently forced into her mouth. ?You´re awake. Good. I wondered if you would make it.? The voice of an old man said and she saw a face above her. She was somewhere. In a house.

?Keep calm, you are save now. You´re body is exhausted and dehydrated, but I´ll take care of you.? He smiled and she felt a warm blanket pushed a little higher over her sweat covered body. The man seemed to show little emotions. Cool. Calm. But finally he gave her a smile. It looked faked, even through the delirium of her fever.

?Were are my manners. You are Andrea, I know from your passport.? He smiled. ?Pleased to meet you Andrea. I am Liam. Liam Abec.?

[image=http://worldofweirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/old_man_440.jpg]

Tag: spycoder

Desert

Sumiko had walked most of the night. As Tony had told her. What else could you do in a desert but walk? Then she had finally collapsed. Wounded, exhausted and lonely she had no longer found the strength to walk any more. It was certain death to fall asleep in the desert.

[color=darkred][color=red]Part One: [i][b]Departures[/b] (and arrivals)[/i][/color][/color]

[hr]

?She is back!? ?Let me through.? ?I think she woke up!? ?Tell the pilot and then get her up, get her up.? The smell. The smell of leather and recycled air. "Doc? doc over here, the jap chick is alive!" "they are all alive!" "I mean she got her eyes open." The air. Metallic and with something to make it smell clean. Then the sound. A loud humming. Vibration. People. A lot of people. And the seat. Her seat. Sumiko was back in the airplane. And this did not feel like a dream. Her dry throat, her burning eyes, her heart pumping and pumping all told her this was very, very real. Just as real as the sand of the desert her body had hit.

Someone leaned over her. The man looked concerned.

?Sumiko Nakamura? Sumiko I am Doctor John Casper. You have been asleep. Can you hear me? Do you understand what I am saying??

[image=http://www.undertheradarmag.com/uploads/article_images/DavidTennant_IMG_98972_byWendyLynchRedfern.jpg]

[b]Tag: Leigh[/b]

9. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl
    Corben´s Inn

Karl had investigated the bodies, while Sharon had burned the priest. It would buy them a day probably. Eventually he would be back. There was nothing Karl could do about that. But why was he here at all? It could not be a coincidence the priest had been in the same spot as Sharon.

Something had not worked out. Travelling through time was probably not a plan you could hope to succeed with to begin with, but with a frustrated sigh he realized not the grande scheme had failed, but the details. ?Devil is in the details, right?? He had to laugh a bit about that and to his surprise it made him cough. Staring at his hand he felt the need to cough again and gave in to it. It was the first true cough he had ever elt. It was uncomfortable and painful. He was surprised by this. It never had looked so bad.

He looked up to Vashti, sitting in the corner and then to Sharon who came up that very moment.

?Your name is Mrs. Schick if I am not wrong? Did you shoot him?? He asked her and looked down to Milton. Bearded, run down Milton with his white suit and silly shoes. He looked like a man who tried to satisfy an already broken ego. Maybe these final forty years had brought his true self forth? ?Good shot.? He only commented.

Then he stood up and took out his gun. ?Sharon I guess you are better with this. They call it a Glock. It got 16 shots left. Use them wisely, we won´t get any new ammo from now on, I assume.? He looked over to Vashti again. ?We need to get the fuel from the truck outside into the car with the least consuming motor. And as much fuel in cans as we can transport. We might be on our way for a long time. If you want to, you can take care of that now. And take Mrs. Schick with you. Or you two could stay. But I need to warn you, what I am about to do might be a little . . . disturbing to witness.?

Karl gave them a hint of a smile. Humorless. He was completely absorbed by the situation and did neither the terrible scene nor the two woman distract him from what he was about to do. He was probably, as Sharon had always known him. Single-minded.

Tag: swbeauty, Xany

10. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Andrea "Andy" Rebecca Baker
    Somewhere in the Desert

The time in which Andy collapsed in the desert and awoke in the bed of a strange old man seemed like it was only a couple of seconds. In reality, it could?ve been days. Andy had no idea, when she came to herself, in that strange place. The smell of food seemed to linger in the air, calling to her. A craving in the pit of stomach seemed to scream for it. A cup filled with water was placed on her chapped lips. She opened her mouth in compliance, and found that her throat was unprepared for the liquid. She was racked with coughs and spattered water over whatever was around her. Her eyes popped open in shock as the human curiosity came into play. She realized that she wasn?t supposed to be in a cot. She was supposed to be in a desert. But why a desert? Why not at home. . .

?You´re awake. Good. I wondered if you would make it.?

The sight of the old man brought back everything. He reminded her of another old man. The Old Man. Which made her think of Vincent. Of a downed plane. Of a Japanese girl thrown into a situation too large for her to control. A cruel man who only wanted to cause her pain. Her father had been dying. Was he already dead?

?Keep calm, you are save now. You´re body is exhausted and dehydrated, but I´ll take care of you.?

The smile he gave Andy showed little to no emotion. The man was a calm, cooler kind of guy. Andy tried to absorb what had happened to her.

?Were are my manners. You are Andrea, I know from your passport.? He smiled. ?Pleased to meet you Andrea. I am Liam. Liam Abec.?

Andy stared at him.

Questions buzzed through her head, going too fast for her to even catch a little bit of one. Her lips moved, but she was unable to find the right words. So she stared at him. She closed her eyes, gulped some saliva in an attempt to calm her sore throat, and spoke.

?How did you find me?? She broke into a spasm of coughs as she attempted to regain her stability.

TAG: Fin

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Sumiko Nakamura

She had walked and walked, Each step more painful than the last as her exhausted and injured body started to reach its limits. The cold night air chilled her to the bone, further sapping her already waning energy. She lost track of how long she had been walking, but it felt like it had been an eternity. Tony had told her to walk in the dream. She was alone. Lost. The man Karl had talked her into leaving Andrea and the others in order to fetch help, but instead, he had tried to kill her. He had left her for dead, and now she was walking, Tony had told her to walk in the dream. Each step became smaller, more clumsy and then Sumiko collapsed, her body crumpling down unconscious onto the desert sand?

??She is back!? ?Let me through.? ?I think she woke up!? ?Tell the pilot and then get her up, get her up??

Voices. The scent of leather and a metallic tinge in the air. These were the first things Sumiko?s senses picked up as she slowly came around.

?Doc? doc over here, the jap chick is alive!" "they are all alive!" "I mean she got her eyes open."?

A loud humming sound found her ears, a vibration. The voices get louder and clearer. She found herself sitting in a seat, an aeroplane seat. She was on a plane.

How was she back on a plane?

Was it a dream? A flashback from the crash? No?this felt real. Very real. The pain in her body was testament to that. Her eyes were stinging and her throat felt dry and raw. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears, her heart beating rapidly as realisation dawned. It felt as real when she was lost in the desert, But how? Confusion was welling up inside her. And so was fear. She blinked her stinging eyes to clear her vision, and found older man leaning over her, a look of concern on his face.

?Sumiko Nakamura? Sumiko I am Doctor John Casper. You have been asleep. Can you hear me? Do you understand what I am saying??

She nodded her head groggily in a yes to the man?s question.

?Wha?What happened?H-how??

She managed to croak out. There was panic in her eyes now. So many questions flooded through her mind. A string of sharp coughs came from her mouth as her pained throat protested. What was going on?!

TAG: Fins

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Flight 2440

"Keep calm, Mrs. Nakamura. You are on flight 2440 from San Fransisco to Tokyo. Obviosuly we have been hit by the Change. Everybody went into some sort of trance or coma for a few minutes and now we´re slowly coming back. The most important thing now is, that you stay calm and focussed. The plane has been stabalized, the flight continues, you are absolutely safe. you hear me?" He had a very calming voice. And his smile showed pity and a kind of "I am proud of you"-vibe the same time. Then he stepped adie and explained to a stewardess, to the stewardess they had watched die a few hours ago, when they tried to get to First Class . . . that Sumiko was alright. "She seems to be disoriented but otherwise fine. I think we can be hopeful, that the others will awake soon." He added and turned around. Only now Sumiko saw Vincent, rubbing his forehead with both thumbs, as he seemed to suffer from a headache. There was also Andy, but she was alone on her seat, next to Carl. Both stared up to the ceiling and did not move. Someone had attached oxygen masks to their mouth. the seats around them had been cleared. The stewardess smiled at Sumiko and then turned to the Doctor. "Let´s hope so."

"Everything fine?" Only now it became obvious, that someone was sitting next to her. A young man who was hard to see. Somehow he appeared to be almost a bit blurry.

[image=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6200/6103633131_72148246df.jpg]

"I don´t know how you feel, but I half expect Joshua Jackson to come in any second and explain to me how this has all to do with parallel dimensions, or mulder. Mulder would be cool." He smiled. Then the whole scenarion became clearer. they were sitting business class and most of the seats around them were cleared. They had been brought to two lines of seats. To her left were Andy, Vincent, Carl. To her right was herself, the boy and . . . a young blonde girl still lying there, staring at the ceiling, much like Carl and Andy.

[image=http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/04/06/1226034/817331-hit-karoline.jpg]

Tag: Leigh

Somewhere in a house

The elder man smiled, sitting next oth er in the small room. It was dusty, dirty, but with a clean, yet small bed in the corner. The bed she was lying in. "Caleb brought you to me. Right after he took your friend he found you and decided you were no threat. So he brought you to me so I could decide what to do about you. You know, he considers most strangers hostiles. Most strangers we met actually were hostile. So forgive him his rather . . . protective attitude. But don´t you have questions more pressing than how you ended up here? I always imagined once you people from the past show up, you would have all kinds of questions." He went oover to a dusty old desk on which a bottle of clean water was standing and filled Andy´s glass anew. Then he brought it over to her and handed it to her.

Tag: Spy

13. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Andrea ?Andy? Rebecca Baker
    Somewhere. . .

Andy raised up on the bed she was laying on. She noticed how clean it was in comparison to the rest of the room. The elderly man, Liam Abec, as he had revealed himself to be, sat beside her. That eerie emotionless smile on his face. Andy gulped again, trying to adjust to her surroundings. It had all happened so fast, now it seemed like a dream. Maybe it all had been. Maybe her father wasn?t dying. She had been walking on the street and was stuck down. Now some older guy was treating her. But Andy knew that wasn?t true. All of this had happened. She had boarded Flight 2440. She had met Vincent. She had been shot in the shoulder. The plane had crashed, she had been saved by Karl, and the Old Man had killed Vincent. Her mind wouldn?t have made up such a complex dream.

She wanted to cry again.

But she didn?t.

?Caleb brought you to me. Right after he took your friend he found you and decided you were no threat. So he brought you to me so I could decide what to do about you.?

The thought that her life had been held in the Old Man, Caleb?s, hands, was creepy. Goosebumps spread up and down her weakened arms.

?You know, he considers most strangers hostiles. Most strangers we actually met were hostile. So forgive him his rather. . .protective attitude.?

Andy was very confused. This guy acted as if he knew this Caleb. But he had crashed with the rest of them. There was no way he could know Caleb unless. . .

?But don?t you have questions more pressing than how you ended up here? I always imagined once you people from the past shot up, you would have all kinds of questions.?

Wait - wait - what? The past? Andy began to hyperventilate as Mr. Abec walked over to an old desk and poured some water into her cup. As it gushed into it, Andy kept replaying those words. The past? But. . .that?s impossible. No way. . . but Andy kept thinking about it. A city in the far distance. Someone would?ve investigated, should?ve investigated, the plane crash. They would have been rescued, had anyone actually been there to save them.

Is this the future? A life without people. . .

Mr. Abec brought her cup back to her. She took it with a shaky hand.

?The past? I am. . .from the past? Where am I? Where is this?? Andy began to grow more frantic with each question.

?Where. . .is Vincent??

14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Flight 2440

"Keep calm, Miss Nakamura. You are on flight 2440 from San Fransisco to Tokyo. Obviously we have been hit by the Change. Everybody went into some sort of trance or coma for a few minutes and now we?re slowly coming back. The most important thing now is, that you stay calm and focussed. The plane has been stabilized, the flight continues, you are absolutely safe. you hear me?"

Flight 2440? The flight that had crashed in the desert? Sumiko felt like she was going to have a panic attack. The doctor noticed her distress and tried to calm her. He spoke to her in a very calming voice, reassuring her. She forced herself to focus on him, and she took in deep breaths to regulate her heart rate as she listened to his words. They had been caught up in the change? The doctor gave her a sympathetic smile when she had calmed herself down. He stepped aside to talk to one of the planes hostesses. Sumiko?s breath caught in her throat when she saw Andrea. She had an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose , her eyes open but her body was still and unresponsive. Worry and guilt gripped Sumiko?s gut like an iron fist. She looked back at the doctor, but her eyes went wide as she saw who he was talking too.

It was the same air hostess who had shot Andrea, the same woman who held a gun to Sumiko?s head, the same woman who the sky marshal had shot dead. She could remember the deafening bang of the gun, the venom in her voice as she taunted Andrea, the metallic smell of her blood that splattered against the walls when the sky-marshal had gunned her down. Yet there she was, alive and conversing with the doctor. She smiled at Sumiko before turning back to the doctor. She shrank back into her seat, her fingers digging into the leather armrest as her head reeled. She heard a tiny voice in the back of her mind. Had the horrors of the crash and the desert only been an intense nightmare or hallucination? The doctor had mentioned the change. The change did cause strange and unexplainable things to happen?no, no, no. It couldn?t have been a dream. Then what was it?

She looked at Andrea again, her eyes wide open, looking up but seeing nothing. She wanted to go her, rouse her, talk to her, get her away from Carl. He was dangerous. At least then she wouldn?t feel so alone. What could she do? If she started shouting about plane crashes and guns she would be in even more trouble than she was already. She felt the sting of red hot tears welling up in her eyes as her frustration grew

"Everything fine?"

Sumiko jumped at little at the voice and quickly turned her head. She came face to face with a dark haired boy. She hadn?t realised that anyone was sitting beside her until now. As she looked at him he appeared to be almost a bit blurry. Sumiko wiped her eyes with her sleeve to clear her vision but it didn?t seem to make much difference.

"I don?t know how you feel, but I half expect Joshua Jackson to come in any second and explain to me how this has all to do with parallel dimensions, or mulder. Mulder would be cool."

He smiled at her. Sumiko wasn?t sure who Joshua Jackson or Mulder were, but he seemed like he was just making conversation. She looked about the cabin, finally focused enough to take note of her surroundings. They had been moved into the business class section of the plane. On the left of the Aisle sat Andrea Vincent and Carl. On the right, herself, the dark haired boy and also a pretty blonde girl. She too was staring up into nothingness like Andrea and Carl.

?No, I mean?No, I don?t know??

She sighed heavily in response to the boys question. Her dark eyes fell on the blonde girl once again. Why were they still in this state? How was she not in a coma like the others? In a way she should have been thankful that she was conscious and aware, despite the shock and confusion she felt.

?G-Gomen-Nasai (I - I am sorry) This has been a big shock?Is she your friend? Will she be alright? Will Andrea-san be alright??

Tag: Fins

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Somewhere

"Let´s say we always are in the presence. A blessing our Lord gave us, I guess. Vincent? The young man? I am afraid he is gone, my dear. Caleb took him. He . . . consumed him, if you understand what I mean. He is now part of him. Not a position all too uncomfortable, if I may say. He is fine, so to say. Just no really . . . himself anymore." Liam nodded her to drink.

"I am actually surprised you show no sign of joining caleb. You were around for quite some time. Immunity. I haven´t seen that one in quite some time."

Flight 2440

The boy looked at the woman next to him. "Oh no, I would prey she was. I actually tried to chat her up, but she was kinda tense. I don´t know here. Guess we were just lined up here, to have a little nap, while they figured out, what was going on. And considering we are awake, I really guess the others will wake up, soon. andy, is this thecutie over there? I hope she wakes up, maybe a kiss from a prince would help." he grinned. "Not that I am volunteering or anything."

Then suddenly Vincent was next to her. "Sir, you need to sit down again, please!" The Doc told him and tried to push him away. "Sumiko. You were there. right? you were there and you saw it too! the crash, Carl, the others. Andy, I left andy there!" Heyelled at her almost. Two more men helped the Doctor to drag him away, now. "We need to help them! we need to go BACK!" Vincent yelled. "They are alone there with Caleb!"

Tag: Leigh

Desert

Sarah opened her eyes. She knew where she was. She had been told she would awake in a desert. And as she was told, her mobile, which was actually a short range transmitter, was beeping. Something was nearby. Something she needed to get. It was what her father had told her.

Tag: SirakRomar

16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Sarah Brandt
    The Desert

(Combined with Fin, introducing my character)

[image=http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/04/06/1226034/817331-hit-karoline.jpg]

She snapped up. It all was as she was told. He pulse did not rise, he eyes did not blink. Something deep, deep in the back of her head realized, that she was in shock. Something had happened to her. something unique. something that had not happened to anybody else. But she only heard the beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

She stumbled to her feet and began to run into the direction the signal was coming from.

Love you! He had shouted and she had smiled, just as she send him a kiss flying through the security glass of check in. It was always hard to leave and in this case it would be harder to stay. Love is a loosing game, she reminded herself and with a grin, humming a tune, she walked into the heck in area.
    The signal did stop finally. She was right above it and began to dig. Surprisingly she was not really thirsty or hungry. Maybe some sort of drug. She needed to dig deep, shuffling sand away until it began to get dark. Finally, as she was about to aboard her mission because the new moon did not give her enough light, she found something. It was hard. She dragged it out of the sand. Almost to heavy for her lean body, she allowed it to collapse. A pretty huge box, looking like an oversized suitcase. The lock needed a combination. quickly she entered her birthda, just as she had been told. 11.11.1982. It flipped opeen immediately and revealed another two suitcases.

"Verdammt." She hissed in German. And then she opened the smaller one. It was filled with stuff. A backpack, clothes. Exactly one shirt and one jeans. A gun. An automatic pistol, it was precisely. Two spare mags. A flashlight. That came in handy. Foodbars. Water. Three bottles, all with signs of chemicals on it. To make them last that long, she assumed. Nodding she opened the larger, second suitcase. Another gun. A big one. Five mags, this time and a belt with which she could hang them around her wrist.

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/blocksender/multipistolcaseinteriorview.jpg]

She took the submachine gun, or was it a small assault rifle out of the box. It was not as heavy as she had expected. Then she took the little booklet next to it and opened it. Manual. That was good. Because whoever had chosen herfor this, he had not exactly picked a master of weaponary. She checked the gun. Then again, just as the manual told her. With a sigh she put in the mag, pulled off the safety and aimed. She tried to do it as the manual told her. Pushing the rifle close to her face. She did it again. And again. Repeat twenty times, the manual said. Sandra needed a bit more practice though. And it was dark. And therefore she repeated it again and again. Strange enough she did not get bored or tired.

This was all new for her, but she had to be prepared. she had to save the world. she had to kill that man.

Tag: Fin

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere

Andy focused on Mr. Abec.

So. . .emotionless.

"Let?s say we always are in the presence. A blessing our Lord gave us, I guess. Vincent? The young man? I am afraid he is gone, my dear. Caleb took him. He . . . consumed him, if you understand what I mean. He is now part of him. Not a position all too uncomfortable, if I may say. He is fine, so to say. Just no really . . . himself anymore."

She couldn?t move. Mr. Abec gestured to her drink, but she couldn?t think. Vincent. Gone. She stared for a couple of moments at her drink. She wanted to lob the drink at Mr. Abec?s head, at the wall, at anything. She was so angry. Tears blurred her eyes as she covered her face with one hand. The tiny whimpers shook her body for several moments. She composed herself and raised her face. Raw around her eyes, she lifted the drink and tentatively took a sip. She had kissed that man. She loved that man. And now he was gone. Part of this. . .this. . .Caleb monster.

"I am actually surprised you show no sign of joining caleb. You were around for quite some time. Immunity. I haven´t seen that one in quite some time."

Immunity. Why was she immune, and not Vincent? Why does fate always have to toy with her? Vincent was gone. Sumiko was. . .who knows where with Karl. Andy still had a bad feeling about that. Like she would ever know now.

?What is going on? Why is this happening??

?Why am I here??

18. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Sharon Cosner
    Corben's Inn

Down in the cellar, Sharon cuffed the priest's body to a pipe. Mindful of the possibility he would wake up, she used two pairs to bind both his wrists and ankles in a position that would be deeply uncomfortable were he alive - and hopefully would be, if/when he rose again. Then the gasoline, from the can Gil Corben kept down here as his emergency reserve. She doused the priest liberally with the pungent liquid, taking care not to get any on herself.

She moved with the quick, contained efficiency of someone who had done this sort of thing a dozen times over, and indeed she had.

Sharon dribbled a the last of the gasoline on the floor, creating a trail that led halfway to the stairs, where she could safely light it. She tossed the empty tank in the general direction of the body - it landed with a thunk - and then bent down to pick up the box of matches from a low shelf.

The fire lit with a soft fwumph.

Once it had died down to mere flickering embers, Sharon went back upstairs to see Karl kneeling over a body, and Vashti sitting hunched over in a corner. Poor Vashti. The girl was holding up well, displaying a surprising amount of inner strength, but she nonetheless had had her entire world ripped apart in a matter of hours. Sharon knew how that felt. However well she was coping at the moment, the next few days would be difficult for her.

Then again, Sharon thought, what with The Change, the next few days will be difficult for us all.

Karl stood, handing her a gun he'd taken off the body. A very familiar gun ... Sharon glanced back down, and was startled to see Milton Prest's face staring sightlessly up at her. He'd grown a beard, and was for whatever reason clad in a dusty white suit, but it was unquestionably him. She was supposed to meet him here, before The Change ... did his presence here, now, mean that the mission had been a success? Or a failure?

What had been in the tank?

She tucked the Glock into her waistband, suddenly aware that she was still wearing the ridiculous waitress uniform, and nodded to Karl. She had worked for him for long enough to have no desire to witness what he might term 'disturbing'.

"Let's go, Vashti," she said, quietly, beckoning her over. "We don't need to stay for this."

TAG: swbeauty, LordT

19. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Vashti Schick

Sitting in a corner, knees pulled to her chest, was a young woman reminding herself to breathe despite the smell of blood and sweat that filled the air. She mindlessly watched as the two people with her moved bodies around.

Vashti almost didn't care anymore. It was as if, now that the killing seemed to have ended, she had lost all feeling. She was numb. Was it the shock of the days events? Had she felt so much in such a short amount of time that she prevented herself from feeling anything else?

Someone was talking to her, a man's voice, breaking into her thoughts.

?Your name is Mrs. Schick if I am not wrong? Did you shoot him??

She looked in the direction of the voice. A slight nod is all she could muster at the moment.

?Good shot.?

Earlier in the day this would have upset her. She would have been shocked that someone would so easily brush off the fact that she had taken a life. But not now. Now, it was better to not care.

The man and Sharon talked a bit and he handed her a gun, a Glock. None of this concerned her so she didn't pay attention.

?We need to get the fuel from the truck outside into the car with the least consuming motor. And as much fuel in cans as we can transport. We might be on our way for a long time. If you want to, you can take care of that now. And take Mrs. Schick with you. Or you two could stay. But I need to warn you, what I am about to do might be a little . . . disturbing to witness.?

What had he just said? What he was going to do to The Man that she had killed earlier would be disturbing. What had been the most disturbing thing she had seen today? Gordon's rising. Would he bring back The Man? She couldn't let that happen.

"Let's go, Vashti," . "We don't need to stay for this."

Slowly, leaning against the wall, Vashti forced herself to stand. She could feel something stir inside her. Fear, worry, resolve. Sharon may not care about the man laying on the floor but she had no idea what he was capable of doing. It wasn't long ago that Vashti had been under a sort of spell of his and that is what led to his murder. No, that type of evil could not be brought back.

"You." She took a deep breath and spoke louder. "What are you going to do to him? You can't bring him back. Sharon, " She looked to the other woman in the room. "We can't let him bring him back."

Moving toward Sharon and the door, Vashti could feel the fear creeping up inside her. She hoped Sharon would stop the man from doing whatever he was planning but Vashti knew, deep down, that Sharon wouldn't. Sharon was apart of all of this. Vashti knew she was alone now. She would do as she was told, what needed to be done to survive.

Tag: Xany, LordT

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Guys and girls at Corben seem to do fine, as always. So here is the rest.

Somewhere

?What is going on? Why is this happening?? ?Why am I here??

Liam Abec looked at Andy as if he simply waited for her anxiety to vanish. "I do not know why things happen, Andy. Nobody does. But this is an empty and barren land and the arrival of an immune girl certainly means something. How would I know. I am just another dust corn in the wind." He folded his hands. "As to why you are here, that is something I know about, probably. You lost your friend. What would you be ready to do to reunite with him? And you also met a man called Karl Weber, am I right? He came with you, did he? He is here." Liam shook his head and showed emotion for the first time. It was only a little emotion, but it was there. Anger? Fear? A shudder? It was so subtle it was barely recognizable, but the feeling was there. "He is a very evil man."

Tag: spy

Desert

Sarah waited until the day broke, but it brought little insight. What it brough though was a signal. Another one. this time far away. The beep appeared on her screen only every minute. It also brought the feeling of being watched.

Tag: SirakRomar

21. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl
    Corben´s Inn

He turned to Vashti and he didn´t try to hide his surprise.

?What an intuition, my dear. Indeed I see now why he took such an interest in you that he left his mark upon you. Indeed, I will wake him up. I need to. He has something I need to know. But be assured I will not let him allow to do any harm to you, Vashti. I know you are scared, because of what happened. Who wouldn´t? And I won´t lie to you by telling you it won´t get worse. What I can promise you though is, that the Man you shot will not harm you again.?

He smiled and came closer. He gave Sharon a short look, telling her to get Vashti out anyway, but then turned his head back and smiled at the young woman.

?Remember what the Corinthians say. Chapter 15 I believe? 51-52? Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed?in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" He slowly moved his hands together, as if he was praying. ?They had it right, my dear. Except this trumpet thing. I do not get their obsession with trumpets. But the other stuff? They were right, all along.? As he allowed his hands to part again, he nodded to Sharon. ?Let me Change him, for the twinkling of an eye and soon I shall explain everything to you two. Everything. Until then remember the bible. It is only God´s power that can raise the dead, only God´s power.?

He turned back and returned to Milton´s body. ?Take her out, Sharon. She is not ready to see this.?

Tag: swbeauty, Xany

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere

"I do not know why things happen, Andy. Nobody does. But this is an empty and barren land and the arrival of an immune girl certainly means something. How would I know. I am just another dust corn in the wind."

Caught in his words of mysticism, Andy found herself lost. Lost in her mind. So she was in the future. How. . .understandable, actually. The black cloud that had swallowed the plane whole. That country music. . .John Henley. . .and the eerie stewardess. The survival of one of the worst plane crashes. Traveling across a barren desert with a handsome sky marshal and a elderly man. Some creepy Caleb thing that had managed to annihilate both of those opposite from her. And then she awakes in the bed of an old man who speaks of time, of odd things. Perfectly understandable. And to tell the truth, Andy didn?t want to deny it. She had lived her whole life under the thumb of her father.

Now she was here.

"As to why you are here, that is something I know about, probably. You lost your friend."

Vincent, Andy wanted to say, And he wasn?t just a friend. She had never felt those kind of feelings for a friend.

"What would you be ready to do to reunite with him? And you also met a man called Karl Weber, am I right?"

"You are correct."

"He came with you, did he? He is here."

A flicker of something in his eyes.

Something powerful.

Something that weakens the average man.

Emotion.

It passed as soon as it came.

"He is a very evil man."

"I-I guessed as much." Andy said as she repositioned herself. "He was traveling across the desert with a Japanese girl. Sumiko. That?s all I know. I assume you don?t know what happened to her. Nevertheless, I?d like to find her." She couldn?t add the Alive or Dead part. Sumiko couldn?t die. Andy grinned for a moment as she remembered bumping into Sumiko the first time. At that moment, if someone from now looked back onto that moment, they would realize her, Sumiko, and Vincent were meant to end up in the plane crash. Fate, it seemed, wanted it all to happen. Seeing her face brought more stinging tears.

"Dammit. I?m such a cry baby." Andy laughed at her tears. "She was such a good girl though. Intelligent. Helpful. Kind."

"It?s unfair. Life is unfair. The Change is unfair. The whole damn world is unfair!" Andy shouted hoarsely. "Teenagers don?t deserve to die. Brave sky marshals don?t deserve to die. I deserve to die. I haven?t done crap to help anyone. I got myself shot, made everyone depend on me. I killed all of them. Me and Karl. I?m just as bad as him. What do I do now? Find Karl and Sumiko, if she is still alive? Wander the desert endlessly until I die? I feel so. . .so. . .lost!" Andy sniffed for a couple of seconds. She took a sip of water, calming down slowly. Her emotions were so out of control.

"How did you say I reunite with Vincent? Is it possible?"

23. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Flight 2440

"Oh no, I would prey she was. I actually tried to chat her up, but she was kinda tense. I don´t know here. Guess we were just lined up here, to have a little nap, while they figured out, what was going on. And considering we are awake, I really guess the others will wake up, soon. andy, is this the cutie over there? I hope she wakes up, maybe a kiss from a prince would help...not that I?m volunteering or anything"

Sumiko listened to the boys words, but apart from confirming he didn?t know the blonde girl (and that he was a bit of a so-called ladies man) he didn?t know anything else about what was going on. She let out a defeated sigh, but the next thing she knew was Vincent appearing next to her. The sky-marshall looked very distressed. The doctor came up to him, telling him he needed to sit back down but it was obvious the man had no such desire to comply with him

"Sumiko. You were there. right? you were there and you saw it too! the crash, Carl, the others. Andy, I left andy there!"

Sumiko flinched as he was borderline yelling at her. The doctor enlisted the help of two men, who grabbed the sky marshal to help the doctor drag him away. He yelled about helping Andy, about how they had to go back. Sumiko?s eyes darted about the chaos unfolding in front of her. She didn?t want Vincent or anyone else to get hurt. There was no question now that what happened in the desert had been more than just a terrifying dream. She looked at the doctor, a pleading look on her face

Matte!? (Wait!) Doctor, please! Let him go! I?I know it sounds crazy, but whatever Vincent says he experienced you have to listen! Because?I experienced it too! Let me talk to him, please!?

TAG: Fins

24. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Sarah Brandt
    The desert that is the future . . .

The signal was weak. But it was there. It could be few things. It was her secondary objective.

Taking a sip from her water, she realized she was still not thirsty, despite she should have died of thirst by now. So in the sun that grew more intense any second now, she stood up and began to follow the signal. A few steps here, a few there. Soon she found south was how the general direction of signal was displayed. So she walked south. She had to look pretty badass, with her SMG around her shoulder and her gun at her belt. But she did not feel badass. As her emotions seemed to slowly return, the overwhelming feeling of being lost came to her. Her family, her friends . . . they were all dead now. And it certainly hadn´t been pretty. The Change had grown a lot worse, before it had been done with humanity, she knew it. She knew it, because she had seen it. Despite all appreciation, what he tried to do here, she would never forgive him he had shown her what the future held.

She walked for several hours. The signal made her almost sleepy, as it grew steadily, but constantly louder. When she found the target, she did so by stumbling over her. Half buried in the sand, lay a young woman. Sarah looked at her and only then realized she had at least to consider her a threat. She pushed up the SMG and failed at her first attempt to ready it. Finally the bullet snapped into the chamber and the safety clicked to OFF. She pushed it up and directed it to the girl, her breath hissing now. Aiming, standing up to get a stable position. Waiting. Letting half your breath out.

the girl didn´t move. The second she was ready to kill her, she realized, the girl did not move. Second thing that came to her was, the girl was unconscious. Third thing was, the girl was probably dead. "Verdammt." She allowed the gun to drop again and knelt next to her, pushing her over. A japanese girl. "Hallo Sumiko." She smiled. It was her, after all. Opening the bottle of water, she carefully parted the lips of the girl and allowed the fluid to enter her mouth.

Tag: Fin, (Leigh?)

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Somewhere . . .

"If your japanese friend is with Carl she is dead or his pawn now. He has his way of winning those around him, you know? Just as the old stories said he would have." Liam nodded."Maybe I read too much. Carl is my problem. He will only be yours, when you make him yours."

Liam gave her a llong and testing look. Another one of those looks. He had thrown this look at her again and again. As if he needed to think about everything she asked and said. Probably he was not used to make any conversation.

"You sky marshall isn´t dead. He is Caleb now. It is pretty much the opposite of dead." Liam nodded. "And yes, there is one way to reverse it. But only one way. Is it what you desire? If so, I should probably explain to you who and what Caleb actually is."

Flight 2440 . . .

The doctor looked at her, then shook his head. The other two held a weakened Vincent now. "He might nevertheless be dangerous. He had a gun!" She said and held up the automatic vincent had been carrying in the desert. The doctor looked to her than to Sumiko. "Listen, he won´t be hurt. He is just too . . . anxious. I will give him something to sleep and once we have landed, you two and everybody else can sort out what happened." The docotor took out an injection needle and then his head snapped to Sumiko again. "Are you okay?" Actually she wasn´t. She suddenly felt sick, weak. He blood pressure dropped rapidly, she could feel her limbs grow cold. And it felt as if she had water in her mouth . . .

She never felt herself fall, but then that someone catched her. The boy was above her and smiled down to her. It was the serene, knowing smile of . . . she had seen it somewhere . . .

"Look can be deceiving, do not forget that Sumiko. See ya soon." He smiled and gently stroked the hair out of her face. He sounded a lot like tony as he did that.

Desert . . .

The eyes of Sumiko opened and stared right into the bright sunlight of the desert. Sand was beneath her, actually on her, as the wind had begun his work to burry her under the dunes already. And above her sarah Brandt was holding a bottle of water to her lips. It made her cough. That was why she had woken up. Or was she dreaming? It was impossible to say.

Tag: Leigh, Sirak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.