main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Sketchbook of Corellian_Rogue... MWUAHAHA! Just when you thought you'd got rid of me!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Rogue, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    I wanted to call this thread the Visual Vomit of Corellian_rogue but I thought better of it. :D

I haven't got a ridiculous amount of Star Wars Fanart yet but I hope to remedy this situation in the near future. I've decided to put links to all my work here in this first post as well as in actual posts as sometimes it can be missed by accident. Oh and remember kids....I love comments very very very much! :D

Tenel Ka

Yoda

Krayt Dragon

A'Sharad Hett

Kit Fisto

Sett

Tauntaun and Rider

General Grevious

Talyn Manda'lorr

Ben Skywalker Portrait

Jagged Fel Portrait

Quinlan Vos Portrait

You should see the other Jedi

Togorian Jedi

Dreadlocked

Asajj

Sith Happens

Kit Fisto

Yuuzhan Vong

Yun'Yuuzhan

Linearts - Black and White

With these linearts, I'd love it if people wanted to have a go at colouring them but I do ask that you contact me first and that I am credited as the creator of the linework.

Boga

Shaak Ti Kung Fu Grip

Female Jedi

Quinlan Vos- Ready for Action

Wookie Warrior

Seifin- Mon Calamari Jedi

Rogue Squadron- Ibitsam and Nrin

Ewok Archer

Bothan Jedi

Elegant Jedi

Quinlan Vos- Surveying the Battlefield

Kit Fisto and his lady

Togorian Jedi

Colouring Competion Entries

Boba Fett

Aayla Secura

Luke Skywalker

Hope you enjoy and ple

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    :eek:

Those are just incredible. As a big fan of the Yuuzhan Vong, and someone who was always trying to conjure up what they would look like in my mind as I read all the NJO books, I have to say that you've truly captured their fearsome spirit. These look like something out of a dream...or, considering the subject, a nightmare. :p

Your grasp of human anatomy, even though distorted into an alien form, is clearly evident and your shading/highlighting is just lovely. The way you drew the thorniness of Yun'Yuuzhan is truly beautiful, even if it is scary. I also really like the subtle shading around the contours of their bodies. It gives these pieces an overall mood and atmosphere that is both enticing and scary at the same time.

I'd love to see your vision of Yun'Harla or anything else Yuuzhan Vong, for that matter! Fabulous work. :)

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, C_R, those are beautiful. Ever since the NJO was released I was always interested in the Vong. And it was always hard to find an official image of what the Vong looked like. Every image you would find of them appeared different and you wouldn't know what to think. These interpretions are by far, the best I've ever seen out there - even beats all the official stuff.

The shading and realistc qualities about them are amazing. Are these done by hand or drawn inside the computer? I'm really liking what I see so far. Please post more! :D

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Gorgeous stuff. I like the twisting quality to the torso on the first one, and all the curvy lines for the spikes... beautiful. Well done!

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Those are both great :)

I especialy like the Yuuzhan Vong. It's just fantastic! :)

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes, that's what I forgot to mention. Your use of curvy lines is great for translating this species preoccupation for all things organic. Nicely done.

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: =D=
    **does happy dance!**

These are fantastic, Corellian_Rogue!!! After looking through your gallery before, I just knew these would be sooo wonderful--and they are!! I am so loving your use of dark tones in these--it really conveys their ominous nature--and the wonderful placement of highlights really makes them "pop!" I like your interpretation of the faces--less grisly than the commercially-done work on the bookcovers, but still very alien. Am I hallucinating, or on the body of Yun'Yuuzhan, do I see suggestions of faces and bodies (ie., the pantheon of other gods he is purported to have created by dismembering himself...?)? If so, what a subtle and wonderful touch! :D Thank you so much for doing and sharing these wonderful pieces! I just can't wait to see what else you're going to put up!

Edit: LMAO over your "original name" for your thread here! [face_laugh]

FF

8. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    good job! :)

9. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    First of all thank you so much to everyone who left comments here! :) I appreciate everyone's kind words...I feel loved! :D

Obi-Dawn, that's why I love the Yuuzhan so much, no definite "official" images to contend with what I think they look like! I basically tried to make them as intimidating as I could, but with a kind of beauty that only comes from organic forms. I hate how eveyone in the NJO describes them as ugly, I just think their misunderstood. :D

HanSolo, these are both drawn on paper with mechanical pencil, scanned, then mucked around with in Photoshop CS. This is how I do most of my work, handdrawing lineart then digitally colouring. I should do more traditional media work though.

Wick, Coming from you, this compliment is wonderful! Thanks! :)

FalconFan, *hugs* You're far too kind! But it is wonderful for someone to get so excited about my work, I'm flattered! I was really going for mood in these, trying to get as dark as a could in a concept illustration. At some point I want to do a digital painting of the yuuzhan in a scene, but after I've decided in my mind what they look like. Maybe a sacrifice, or mutilation?

Not sure whether I meant there to be faces but if you see them then yes! :D Oh and I'm glad my pathetic attempt at a joke wasn't completely wasted!

LordNeo, ThrawnRocks, thanks for the comments! They are appreciated! :)

Oh and last but not least here's two more images. These are just linearts but I thought I'd share them with you since you've all been so nice. :)

Togorian Jedi

This guy is a Togorian (I don't know whether I've got the species look right but basically I just wanted to draw an anthro feline jedi). I like the whole Rogue jedi concept so I thought I'd give him more of a smuggler/ criminal look. That's a metal plate over half of his face and he's got a gas mask around his neck. Dunno why just thought it looked cool. :p Oh and any suggestions for colour schemes?

Kit Fisto and Friend

This is just a pic based on the concept art for Kit Fisto, not really true to the film version but oh well. I have colours in mind for this one so hopefully a colour version will come along promptly. :)

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    ..."Just linearts," C_R says...

:eek:

Awesome Jedi, C_R!! I just love-love the movement you achieve in your work--the way the fabric swirls and gathers around the figures, the way the figures are moving as well. It's so...fluid, like watching water parting around stones in a stream...poor choice of descriptors here, but man! These are fantastic! The intricate details and bold shading really add to the drama of each piece--in truth, from where I stand, they're complete as they are right now! I know they'll be even more dramatic when colored--but they're just wonderful right now, too! Fabulous work!

=D=

FF :D

11. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    *blushes* Oh you Falcon! :D Well they are linearts.

Thanks! I really tried to get the billowing nature of the cloth is these, its something I concentrated on here. I admire people who can do drapery so well so I thought I'd give dynamic cloth a go.

Do you have any ideas for colours? :)

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Buah!?! Those are awsome!!!!

13. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I can tell I'm going to be visiting your thread a lot! Your lineart is ridiculously good.

The pockets of black on the first one really separate his shredded cape from his torso and make it seem like the fabric is sort of cocooning him. And all the little details with the buckles and the jewelry really give him life. You can tell this is a bloke that not only enjoys the dashing of mushy sith brains, but he also likes to accessorize. :D

What I like most about the Fisto one is that you don't seem to have any hard lines except for the silhouette of the faces. Everywhere else is sort of soft and flowy; your eye goes straight to the contrasting straight lines of the face. Beautiful detail in this one, too.

I'd suggest that you edit the title of your thread with the date whenever you update, so people who are cruising through will know whether there's something new, or just a reply to a comment or something.

14. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    And all the little details with the buckles and the jewelry really give him life. You can tell this is a bloke that not only enjoys the dashing of mushy sith brains, but he also likes to accessorize.

That he does! LOL :D

Oh and thanks for the advice concerning editing the title...I will do this. Thanks! :) I'm still getting used to posting art here again so I'm grateful for all the help I can get.

Here's a rendered version of the Kit Fisto lineart, minus his friend with whom I got extremely angry at and subsequently removed out of anger. I was having problems with her outfit, she kept swamping poor Kit. I'll eventually finish it and show the whole thing but for now here's a cropped and altered version. Enjoy! :D

Kit Fisto

15. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Corellian_Rogue posted on 6/23/05 10:30am
    [i]And all the little details with the buckles and the jewelry really give him life. You can tell this is a bloke that not only enjoys the dashing of mushy sith brains, but he also likes to accessorize.[/i]

That he does! LOL [face_grin]

Oh and thanks for the advice concerning editing the title...I will do this. Thanks! [face_happy] I'm still getting used to posting art here again so I'm grateful for all the help I can get.

Here's a rendered version of the Kit Fisto lineart, minus his friend with whom I got extremely angry at and subsequently removed out of anger. I was having problems with her outfit, she kept swamping poor Kit. I'll eventually finish it and show the whole thing but for now here's a cropped and altered version. Enjoy! [face_grin]

[link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/19789893/]Kit Fisto[/link]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Totally awesome, C_R! I really like you art, but the Togorian Jedi is a bit hard to make out... - I still haven't found out what exactly his head is [face_blush] -- but I'd appreciate a colored version of him, what should be easier to make out :D

But keep it up, I'd like to see more of your great art!

16. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Nice job on Kit Fisto! You really got his emotion done well. I like the colors too!

Did you already put this in the June Art Challenge thread?

17. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Your lineart is jaw-droppingly, utterly fantastic! So much wonderful detail my mind cannot grasp! I'm not a big fan of the story of the Yuuzhan Vong in NJO, but I do thoroughly enjoy your interpretation of them - You actually make me like them a little. :)

I also love how you've captured Kit Fisto, and I can't wait to see the entire piece completed. Your painting skills are just as exceptional as your pencil work.

- Suz ^_~

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    C_R, that is amazing. The mood and emotion you managed to capture is just awesome. I love the movement in the robes and the pose of him staring up to the sky. Please keep up the great work! :D

19. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks for the compliment Corran_Fett, and I agree on the hard to see everything factor with the Togo Jedi. I think colour will help a whole heap on this one. Oh and if it helps he's got a cigarette in his mouth so that curvy bit is actually smoke. He's also wearing a gas mask around his neck so that's the confusion on the chest, but I think some glowy bits on the colour version will define that a bit. Glad you liked though! :)

Thanks Your Wor....Suz! :D It's a lot easier calling you that! I did go a little insane with details but I always do. Aw...glad I could bring a little affection for the Vong...I think their just misunderstood. :p

I just posted it Darth! :) Thanks for stopping in and checking out my work.

20. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Corellian_Rogue posted on 6/23/05 11:15am
    Thanks for the compliment [b]Corran_Fett[/b], and I agree on the hard to see everything factor with the Togo Jedi. I think colour will help a whole heap on this one. Oh and if it helps he's got a cigarette in his mouth so that curvy bit is actually smoke. He's also wearing a gas mask around his neck so that's the confusion on the chest, but I think some glowy bits on the colour version will define that a bit. Glad you liked though! [face_happy]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Now, that you mentioned the cigarette I can make him out perfectly :D [face_tongue]
    I'm really lookin forward to the colored version! I suggest to make his skin grey and parts of the face black. For the robe a brown, the cape dark brown or black, and red and black accessiores - for the lightsaber green would be best. ;)
    I hope that helps you a bit, but do it as you like it best. I trust in your coloring skills and think that it will look really awesome :)

21. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't even know what to say. Your drawings are some of my favorites that I've ever seen here. I'm so glad you are sharing them with us. Wow.

The movement and fluidity you are able to achieve with fabrics is gorgeous. And there is a confidence in your line work that I would aspire to. Great stuff Corellian_Rogue!

And, for the record, I thought your 'visual vomit' joke was funny too. hee-hee.... ;)

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL at your comments about "editing" your Kit Fisto...we all know you just wanted him all to yourself, that's all! [face_laugh]

Beautiful edit/finish on Kit, btw: the lighting is superb (you mentioned "shaft lighting" in wick's thread, and this is definitely that--very, very nice!), and everyone is totally right about the beautiful movement in your drawings--the figures and robes just flow, and it's a wonderful thing! And yes--put your Kit up in the Fan Art Challenge thread, too--it's not a contest, just a "spur" for everyone to try different things and share their efforts! Great stuff, C_R!

FF

23. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Corellian_Rogue, your work is sooooo good! I love it, especially your Kit! Excellent job! :)

I hope you'll keep posting and sharing your beautiful artwork with everyone here! I look forward to seeing more! :D

Later,
    ~DZ

24. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Whoah! Detail overload! :eek:

Amazing stuff!! Really amazing, line art is one of the things I've been trying to inprove lately but I guess I should just hang up the pencils now lol! :p
    Just wow!

25. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Beautiful colour work! I love the muted, swampy palette. I also really like the tall, vertical arrangement of this. I know a lot of that is just the result of cropping out the other character, but it seems like you took it further and made it into a really interestubg composition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.