main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    I don't know if y'all have seen this one yet, but I just found it. Maybe it'll add some balance. :p

[image=http://i.imgur.com/RjmM5.jpg]

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice! I like that Mara.

3. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    [image=http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/Mad_Andrew/MJlogo2copy.png]

Yeah, I'm familiar with it. Probably my favorite image of Mara. I used it for the logo for the MJ fan club thread.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Does anybody know the artist?

5. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    It's an artist named wraithdt. Here's the deviantArt site: wraithdt

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I'm not excited about the new Luke pic - worst hair since Union and someone else's face - but I love the Mara.

I have a spoiler from Apocalypse, though.
    tinis'aram

7. kataja

May 4, 2007
    Oh, and read backwards. Just to be sure you really want to know. ;)
    And it's not much but it's good.

8. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I already knew that spoiler...bad me...

kataja:

Is that the part you said you were really pleased with on the Luke thread? Cause if so...I may forgive Troy Denning for my past disappointments. LOL.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    WHAT?!?! (it will probably be a month or two before I have the time to get it and read it, plus I also have to read Assention, so I'm not that worried about spoilers)

First of all, is this confirmed (I am wary of spoilers before the actual book is out - but I guess it has already been shipped to bookstores)? And second, does anyone know the context. Will she be a force ghost or is it a Lake of Apparitions thingy again (most likely one of those two things) or does Luke get to see her because he has died. OR is she BACK?

10. kataja

May 4, 2007
    JediMara - Yes, it is.

Briannakin
    - Is this confirmed
    Yes. I've got the book and finished it this morning.

Will she be a force ghost or is it a Lake of Apparitions thingy again (most likely one of those two things) or does Luke get to see her because he has died. OR is she BACK?
    It's a "Lake of Apparitions thingy" again. But it's a very nice scene. And we again get the reassurance that they'll be together again when time comes - indeed, Mara's active postponing that time lol.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Awww! Now, that is the kind of spoilers I really like to read - it's a scene to look forward to, but it doesn't give away the entire story or ending.

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    If she's actively postponing Luke's death, Mara's afterlife must be far more exhausting than her life ever was. LOL!!! I'll have to go to the book store and page through when it comes out. Cool spoiler!!

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm pretty far on the books (I'm about to read Vortex) but it's so tempting to highlight and read the spoilers.

Must... resist...

Aaarrgghh....

14. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    I don't really care about spoilers. My official EU ended at Sacrifice and then drifted off into AU-Land.

But how nice of Darth Rey to insert a scene with Mara so they can remind us they killed her off for no reason. (sarcasm dripping)

But I'm not bitter. [face_whistling]

15. nostalgia

Jul 6, 2011
    I decided to go back and read everything I had once refused to read (in protest of the death and destruction of my favorite characters :( ) before getting to the FOTJ series. That means reading the NJO, Swarm War Trilogy, LOTF books, and other FOTJ books. I'm barely on Star by Star. So for those of you that think you're behind, you're not. :p It's going to take me a while to get to Apocalypse. Especially because I only want to purchase paperback editions.

EDIT: So it looks like the paperback editions aren't released until 11 months after the hardcover. Still gonna do it!

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol! Darth Ray! For me, if I plan to get and read the book the day it comes out, then I care about spoilers, but like I said above, it is going to be a few weeks before my life calms down and I can sit down to read them.

But yeah, as long as it's not a spoiler about killing Luke or Ben, I really don't give two shavits.

I really have to go back and read NJO. I have all of them now... its just doing it. I listened to the first DNT book on a red-eye flight but, maybe because I was dead tired, I was like WHAT THE KRIIIIFFFF?! I like remember none of it.

17. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Meh. Zahn is bitter and still writes EU. And in some ways I'm glad Mara died because it gave me my favorite L/M story in recent memory. :)

18. kataja

May 4, 2007
    I like your attitude JM! ;) Hat off to that - and to Zahn - and to everyone who hangs on around here! [:D] What can I say? SW gives us the best and the worst - but since we have both the movies, the EU and fanfiction, it's a pretty darned good charm.

19. nostalgia

Jul 6, 2011
    [image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/015/a/5/2011_sketchbook_by_grantgoboom-d3797vp.jpg]

Saw this one today!

20. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I've seen that before!! [face_love] I would buy that cartoon in a hot minute.

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I love that pic! Probably my favourite 'cartoon drawing' of Luke and Mara.

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Hello everyone,

Hopefully you all can see this before the boards go down...

Just thought I'd let you know that, if you're a fan of the higher-rated fics, you might want to check out the LJ comm later tonight...just saying.

23. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh you dirty girls, what do you have in store for us? [face_whistling]

24. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Two words: Empress and Consort.

[face_mischief]

Gemma likes this.
  25. ginchy