main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode VI: The Paths of Fate (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Title: The Skywalker Prophecy ? Episode VI: The Paths of Fate
    Author: Darth_Lex
    Timeframe: OT era AU
    Characters: The Skywalkers (Anakin, Padmé, Luke, Leia, & 2 OCs), Han Solo, Mara Jade, and more
    Genre: Action, Drama, Romance
    Keywords: AU
    Notes: Sequel to The Skywalker Prophecy ? Episode V: Hope and Darkness
    Summary: Two generations of heroes face the final showdown with a reborn Sith menace as Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker and his family strive to fulfill the prophecy of the Chosen One. An AU version of ROTJ.

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

The Skywalker Prophecy is an epic-scale story that encompasses AU versions of Episodes IV, V, and VI of the saga of Anakin Skywalker and his family. As with A Destiny Renewed and Hope and Darkness, the AU retellings of ANH and ESB, some of the broad plots arcs in The Paths of Fate will be familiar from ROTJ; others will be very different. Like the movies, some characters play more pivotal roles at certain times, while others predominate in different sequences, and the story will contain considerable drama/angst and a good deal of romance/mush in addition to heavy doses of fun action sequences. It is my sincere hope you will find this story as entertaining to read as it is for me to write.

And so we conclude with Episode VI: The Paths of Fate.

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    On January 29, I posted the CAST LIST for Episode VI: The Paths of Fate in this post of the thread for Episode V: Hope and Darkness. Check it out if you want to see the actors and actresses I have in mind as portraying the principal and supporting roles, especially the important original characters.

Below is the teaser trailer for POF to refresh your memory or in case you haven?t read it before. A bit ominous, I hope? [face_devil]

Following the trailer is the Prologue.

Teaser Trailer: The Paths of Fate

The Fox Logo appears and fades. The Lucasfilm Logo appears and fades. From a black screen the quiet, simple ?Anakin?s Theme? begins to play. A series of images appears simultaneously with spoken words.

Announcer (voiceover): One family must face its destiny.
    A full-sized blue holographic image of Bryon Skywalker, dressed in his black Special Forces battle armor with his helmet tucked in his left elbow, stands before a conference table at which Generals Dodonna and Madine and Admirals Ackbar and Mirkalla are seated.

Announcer (voiceover): The decisive confrontation between Jedi and Sith?
    Standing in the shadows of a hallway, Danaé Skywalker is barely recognizable in the simple blue-and-white uniform of a starship maintenance technician. She tucks a tight braid of long brown hair beneath a small cap and tugs its curved bill down to shield her intense blue eyes.

Announcer (voiceover): ? foretold in ancient prophecy.
    Han Solo and Leia Skywalker, attired in camouflage fatigues, peer around the corner of a brightly lit corridor. With See Threepio and Artoo Detoo on their heels, they slink into view with their backs pressed against the wall and their blaster rifles clutched against their chests.

Announcer (voiceover): The fate of a galaxy?
    In the center of a circle of light in a darkened room filled with all manner of unsavory-looking individuals, Luke Skywalker stands with his hands extended outward in supplication. He frowns regretfully and flicks his wrists, launching a pair of shining silver lightsaber handles into his palms from the sleeves of his indigo Jedi robes.

Announcer (voiceover): ? hangs in the balance of their choices.
    With crackling flames and thick black smoke rising from the rubble of a destroyed stone building behind them, Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Naberrie Skywalker rush frantically into a fierce embrace. Soot and charring stain his tan Jedi robes and her formal blue gown as they burst into tears on each other?s shoulders.

The music shifts abruptly to the sinister pounding beat of the ?Imperial March.?

Padmé (voiceover): I decree that the Senate is hereby adjourned indefinitely.
    Wearing a formal royal-purple gown and her hair loose around her shoulders, Padmé stands at the head of a long rectangular conference table with Sabé Bellion, Jenny Antilles, Jar Jar Binks, and Sarré Bellion Skywalker at her sides. She scowls at the gathered Senators and slams her palms to the table in frustration.

Bryon (voiceover): Surrender or be destroyed.
    Above a cloud-draped blue-green world a massive space battle rages. Numerous Republic and Vyhrragian capital ships fire upon one another as swarms of enemy TIE fighters engage in countless dogfights with X-Wings, Y-Wings, and A-Wings.

Leia (voiceover): Don?t go. Stay here with us.
    At the edge of a river bank deep in a forest Leia turns her back on Han, tears streaming down her face in the dim, dappled orange glow of the setting sun trickling through the leaves of the towering trees. He starts to turn away too, then reaches out and pulls her into a tight, heartfelt embrace.

Danaé (voiceover): Violence must be a last resort.
    Mara Jade snaps her lightsaber from the belt of her tig

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    WOOHOO!

Anakin nodded. Their infant grandson, Nyklas Skywalker, was nearly five months old now. Like his father Bryon had been two decades ago, the baby was notoriously difficult to quiet for the night. Even worse, Nyklas?s already burgeoning sensitivity to the Force nullified many of the subtle tricks Anakin had used on Bryon.

So many little tidbits...

baby Nyklas - nice name ;)

And a future Skywalker Jedi tainted with some Sabé grit. With grandparents like that I think he's got all the bases covered - melikes [face_love]

He laughed too. ?The Force is quite fond of that kind of irony, I?ve found. Completing the circle. Finding balance. And visiting the torment of the youthful apprentice back upon the Master. I suppose I deserve this for all the suffering I inflicted on Obi-Wan over the years.? I just loved this part! So true! :D I'm laughing with Obi-Wan right now [face_laugh]

?It is,? Anakin said distractedly. As much as he tried, he couldn?t get used to the fact that Sarré conducted all manner of personal correspondence from the bath. It was just? bizarre. Hasn't he figured out that the bathroom is like a woman's office or for some even their court. ;)

?I also reached Leia, actually,? Sarré said. ?I needed to clear a few matters by her for the Senate, and for once I was able to get a stable connection.? During Leia?s absence from Coruscant for the past month, Sarré had served as Acting Senator from Naboo in her place. It was first time the handmaiden had taken on that authority, and she seemed to be enjoying it immensely. Hmmmm... [chin_scratching]

It was inevitable.

Okay Lex I don't like that one bit. Nope *shakes head* not one bit. *gets out her Chris Duhon Noles whuppin stick plus some wet Danni noodles*

*Notes the author is still grinning like a tuskcat with feathers coming out of his mouth with no sign of the fear of a riled female*

*shrugs*

Darth Vengous caught the reflection of her own wicked grin in the viewport of the Ebony Fang ? and laughed. *Shivers*

I'll never look at Catherine Zeta-Jones the same again. :(

Okay I'm over my withdrawal. Good way to start off the day - esp after yesterday :_| (Wait I better give Chris Duhon his whuppin stick back! He's going to need it!)

Excited to see where this goes! :D [face_mischief]

4. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Yes! :) Lexie started POF! :)

?The Force is quite fond of that kind of irony, I?ve found. Completing the circle. Finding balance. And visiting the torment of the youthful apprentice back upon the Master. I suppose I deserve this for all the suffering I inflicted on Obi-Wan over the years.? [face_laugh]
    Very true, indeed! I have found it myself too, since I was very miserable in eatting as a child and although I escaped it with my first son, I met my punishment with second... :(

I liked the scene with the grandparents. They are great! It really makes me feel very sad knowing that they never had this in OT. Foolish Anakin! :mad:

About Darth Vengous I second TKeira_Lea!
    Me too will never look at Catherine Zeta-Jones the same again.

And the return of ?Arica?? :eek:
    I can't wait...

PS
    Don't worry about the PMs. I'll be here on every Monday and Thursday... ;)

5. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Yay!! It begins! Everything is so nice and peaceful with the grandparents and Nyklas...well, we know that can't last! ;)

I'm glad that Luke and Mara are Knights now and they're on a mission together? That could be good or bad. [face_worried]

Mondays and Thursdays will be so much brighter now! :D

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Nice start! Don't worry about PMs..........I'll try to check in every monday and thursday..... :)

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I can see Obi laughing at Anakin as well. Glad to see some nice grandparenty stuff - I'm sure the calm quietness won't last. :D

Don't worry about PMs. I check here all the time and since you have a regular schedule I'll find it.

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah! It's begun! Great beginning. I liked seeing Padme and Anakin as grandparents. So Luke and Mara have been on a mission together for two months, and we're missing it? Hope you've got some Missing Scenes in mind, or at least flashbacks of what's going on with them.

Those mysterious coded messages of Darth Vengeous were scary. Sounds like she's heading for Coruscant, too.

9. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    Yahoo! DarthLex has returned. I have a feeling Luke and Mara aren't having much fun on their mission together as I think Mara still might be pretty steamed at old Lukey. I have a nasty feeling you're going to make her all evil and such; but then you are the king of red herrings. I really enjoyed the prolog. Love the name Nyklas. Can't wait to see what Darth Vengous has up her sleeve.

10. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Hi, Lex!

First, allow me to compliment you on the beautiful missing scenes from "Hope and Darkness". They really gave us another insight on our heroes' motivations, and were truly a joy to read.

Second, let me say how thrilled I am that "Paths of Fate" has finally begun. At last we will be able to read the conclusion to your saga. Even though I fear I will be saying the famous last words "I have a bad feeling about this" more than once before all is over.

Third, permit me to have my doubts concerning Anakin's capacity to stay clear of the action. Methinks he will more likely than not be thrown in the core of the war again.
    Though I must say that I find the thought of a "General Anakin Skywalker" more appealing than not. Wouldn't it be fun to have Vader's tactical genius on one side of the board? Without the darkness, of course...

Can't wait for more!

MTFBWY,

Lauré ;)

11. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Nice start. Nyklas is a cool name, I like the spelling :p
    I like the whole ROTJ-esque feeling of a 'winner takes it all' battle coming up. You know, the risky plan of the good guys vs. the infallible plan of the enemy. :)
    Can't wait to see what Luke and Mara are up to..

12. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Nothing short of a spectacular beginning! Can't wait to see what's in store :)

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

13. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    It has begun!

and its an attention grabber from the start.

14. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    BRING IT ON!!! [face_devil] :D

I must say first, Congratulations on Chandrilla Surprise making it into the archives! :D

As much as he tried, he couldn?t get used to the fact that Sarré conducted all manner of personal correspondence from the bath. It was just? bizarre. But lately she usually brought word from Bryon, who never seemed to contact Padmé or him directly, so he did his best to focus on the updates and not the manner in which they were acquired.

My in-laws have the same situation minus the bath part. I'm their only connection to their son who is far away serving in the military :(

a future Skywalker Jedi tainted with some Sabé grit. With grandparents like that I think he's got all the bases covered

[face_laugh] @ TKL. Not that I don't agree ;)

During Leia?s absence from Coruscant for the past month, Sarré had served as Acting Senator from Naboo in her place.

So when do we find out what Leia's up to? :cool:

?The Force is quite fond of that kind of irony, I?ve found. Completing the circle. Finding balance. And visiting the torment of the youthful apprentice back upon the Master. I suppose I deserve this for all the suffering I inflicted on Obi-Wan over the years.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] A very potent curse: May you get exactly what you deserve ;)

And there remained times, like now, when his innate impulse to take action ? to help his children succeed ? still simmered in his spirit.

That somes more like the Anakin we know and love. I'm sure he'll wind up backsliding soon [face_devil] :p

15. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Yay! It's started! :D

Baby Nyklas seems so adorable [face_love] and Padmé is clearly doting on her first grandchild. It's cool that Mara and Luke are knights now and I wonder what's happening on their mission.

I can't wait for the next post!

16. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    YAY! PoF has started! *Dances around*

Oh, mysterious......... What are the Sith up to now? No good, obviously.

I loved the scene with Anakin and Padme and (on some level) Niklas. Very sweet.

17. Darth_Lamblike

Darth_Lamblike Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2003
    Very promising beginning, Lex! It sounds like it'll be another masterpiece. :D

18. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Awesome beginning, Lex! Look forward to more, especially with baby Nyklas!

JS

19. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Awright! Off to a great start!

I loved seeing Anakin and Padmé as grandparents. The way things are going for their kids, there will be plenty more additions to the Skywalker clan in the future!

--MissPadme

20. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Great post!! I loved the scene in the nursury..Poor Byron, it doesn't look like he'll get to see his son very much...I can't wait for the next post!!!

21. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Start-Looking forward to more!

22. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm liking this. I love the scene with Anakin and Padme putting the baby to sleep. And I like his name, too.

I hope Anakin will stay out of action but somehow I doubt it. :p

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Forgot to add--I'm a little worried about Mara, especially with her not yet trusting Anakin again, and her growing relationship with Luke... :eek:

24. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Sweet start! Anakin and Padme seem closer than ever and I thought it was especially nice that Anakin took time off to support her in her role as Chancellor. Yes, the Force does have a highly developed sense of irony.

her ultimate defeat of the Chosen One remained constant. It was a foregone conclusion.

So certain is she? Well, I guess we're going to find out...

25. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Very nice start.

Anakin and Padmé as grandparents... :cool:

Looking forward to getting to know Nyklas. ;)

During Leia?s absence from Coruscant for the past month, Sarré had served as Acting Senator from Naboo in her place.
    Another Skywalker female in politics... very interesting.

And a seemingly content and happy away-from-the-action Anakin... is that really possible?

Can't wait for more. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.