main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE SLEEPY ISLE GAME! Winners: spacelady and Imperial_Hammer - look for sign-ups for next game

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Coruscant, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Welcome to the YJCC Sleepy Isle Game Thread!

READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING!

First of all, a huge thanks to all of those who joined this game. You will all have a fun time, guaranteed. Secondly, thanks to YJCC mods FamousAmos, malkieD2, and droideka27 for title-changing and helping out w/ the recruitment thread. Our sponsor mods will be droideka27 and FamousAmos, who will be banning the murderered, title-changing, etc... throughout the course of the game.

This time around the Sleepy Game is taking the form of a billionaire family's private island... thus the SLEEPY ISLE :D There are some sections to the island, no particular important, but should be acknowledged for RPing.

Island Locations

Firstly, there is the Main House that sits on the second highest-point of the island, second only to the extinct volcano on the uninhabited end of the island.

Secondly, there is the pool area, where can be found, of course, the pool as well as the dining huts, the saunas, etc... this is where the party will be majorly taking place, just yards from the beach.

Thirdly, there are Mars Madding's (the billionaire who owns the island) own secret places, which can be found throughout the island. Since my character, Mars Madding, will be killed fifth-to-last in the game to avoid any accusations of "host malpractice", he has the privilege of given certain players in the game access to his secret rooms, chambers, huts, etc...

Next, the natural areas of the island, including waterfalls, caverns, the jungle, and the beach that surrounds the entire island save for the volcano point at the South end of it (speaking of which, the island is long- North to South- and bends at the middle, which is right around where the Main House is located.

And lastly, some other undisclosed locations that I will reveal throughout the game for challenges, etc....

Party Hour

The beginning of the game is not the "clinching event" that sends all the characters fearing for their lives, as was true for the last two Sleepy Games (the first one just... started sorta). Tomorrow at 3:00 P.M., the clincher event will take place when I post it and then the real game begins.

But until then, it is PARTY TIME! :D Use your character to get to know the other characters, having them act like the elite snobs they are. :p

Some Mandatory Procedures

Before beginning to play, make sure you put in your signature your involvement with the Sleepy Isle Game and what character you are. This is so people don't have to check the player list to figure out who's who. ;)

Also, I must explain two RPing techniques- IC and OOC.

IC: This stands for In-Character. This is the form of posting you will use most during this game. Use IC before posting with your character to let others know you are IC instead of...

OOC: This stands for Out-of-Character. This when you have to ask a question, have a comment, etc... This is you speaking, not the character.

Punishments for Death

If killed, you will no longer have any chance of winning the SI Game, except for possible challenges which will present the opportunity of brining back a character or more.

Your username and character name in the Player List will be "red-dead", meaning it will be bolded and colored red.

And most importantly, you will be banned for 24 hours by either droideka27 or FamousAmos. However, you will still be able to post as a sock.

The Winner's Reward!

The game ends with three players: two of which are non-murderes and one of which is the Murderer. The Murderer, at this point, determines which of the two shall be the Winner by killing off one of them. The player that wasn't killed off is the Winner. The Winner is the only one to escape the is

2. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Mars Madding:

Mars watched from the west balcony of the main house as the party guests arrived on the many private jets... all in-line single file behind each other, waiting to land on the private island's small airstrip.

He felt guilty about holding such a party just a month after his father's untimely death and the private jets coming in to the island reminded him of the plane crash that killed his father and rocked one of the world's largest corporations- Madding Enterprises.

But his board had advised him to hold a party and invite literally everyone from politicians to actors and actresses to powerful businessmen... even the Archbishop of New York was attending. They said that people needed to become affiliated and comfortable with the man who would now be running his father's company: him.

But nonetheless, it made him feel immensely guilty.

3. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    In Character as Eva D'Ordeno

Eva looked upon the island with her pilot. "That's it?" He nodded. She sighed. She looked upon it as though it was some sort of slave island. It was full of snobs, quite like herself, but in away not like herself. She had often grown tired of all these parties, but she had promised them all that she would attend. Why was I not born a liar, it's not all that hard. Just say one..., her thoughts were interupted when they began their decent. The door opened, she watched the many other people arrive.

"Are you sure you won't be needing me miss?" Eva smiled gently. "Don't worry. It's a trip. A party. We're not in Asia or any place that could cause a threat to any of our lives. I've got everything I need. I plan to write the book that is, hopefully going to bring me up a bit more, and get me some more of that cash I need." she said smiling waving him to leave.

She looked up at everything. She looked at the book she had written years ago, a classic hit but everything seemed to go downhill from there. To the death of so many people she learnt to love to the persecution of her last novel. She looked up at the sky. "This will do."

She walked silently.

4. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Mars Madding:

Mars approached the airstrip and took Eva hand in hand.

"Good morning, Miss D'Ordeno, how do you do?"

5. PadawanEmily

Oct 18, 2003
    In Character as Eva D'Ordeno :

Eva nodded. "Better than my old friend it seems," she says looking back, shaking her head. "I'm sorry to hear about your father. We weren't close, but he did help my first novel better then it should have been."

Eva looked around at the island once again, looking back at Mars. "How are you Mr. Madding?"

6. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Mars:

"Nervous, I suppose. My father knew many great men, all of whom will be coming here today and I am afraid I can't live up to their expecations of what the son of Max Madding should be like." He confessed.

Mars watched as the rest of the jets touchdowned.

7. PadawanEmily

Oct 18, 2003
    IC as Eva

Eva smiled. "You are your father's son." she looked down at her wrist, fixing her watch. "Do what any person it trouble, or someone that has no idea what to do. Agree with them. If you nod and act as snobby as they do, they'll love you. That's the advice your father gave me once. I never really understood it." She sighed, turning to look at the planes touch down.

"Which reminds me, on the Island, is there somewher eoutside, quiet, not secluded. Just a nice relaxed place I can sit and concentrate on my newest novel.?" she asked him.

8. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Mars:

He couldn't take it... he ran back to the main house and locked himself up in the study...

OOC: I'm sorry, but I must go somewhere for about a half an hour to 45 minutes... :(

I'll be right back.

9. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    IC as Donavan Brazil

"I hate flying." muttered Donavan as he stepped off of the private jet that had carrid him across the waters to island.

"I wouldnt even be here if I didnt have to find some new ladies for my business. I dont even know how I came to be invited. This better be worth it."

Donavan looked around to see other people getting off of their jets. He noticed some these were the most powerful people in the world. People he had only read about in Fortune 500. Then he saw others he could care less about. But then he spotted a shapely young lady walking with a baggage handler close behinf her.

"Well hello what have we here." Donavan said to himself. "This might not have been a bad idea after all."

10. PadawanEmily

Oct 18, 2003
    IC as Eva

Eva watched him run in. She shrugged. She placed her suitcase down and pulled out her notebook, writing a small note in it. "Maybe the pool area." She said to herself closing her notebook looking at the people walking off. "This should be an eventful vacation." She said smiling to herself.

OCC: It's alright :p

11. Jennifer_Pritchard

Jennifer_Pritchard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2005
    (please note: when using this sock assume I'm in charecter)

I walk into the pool area wearing a simple yet elegant dark blue trouser suit, my ever present medic box slung loosly over my right shoulder. I spot a passing waiter and take a drink from the tray. I sip it and smile a little, before going over to the pool side and sitting in a chair.

12. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    OOC

Gotta run be back in a minute...

13. PadawanEmily

Oct 18, 2003
    IC as Eva

Eva looked behind her. Well, Well. If it isn't Mr. Brazil. Eva smiled a bit, sitting down on a stone that looked at the airstrip, she watched as the richer the people came the more annoyed she got that she had planned to even think to come here. She shrugged opening up her notebook, writing and planning her story. "Beautiful. Maybe this will get me out of the headlines once and forall."

14. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    IC Isaac Wayne:

Isaac stepped of his private jet, cell phone up to his ear. "You know, mother, there really are more important things I could be doing than going to some party," he said. "The business can taka care of itself for a few days, Isaac. You just need to relax for a bit, meet some people." Her voice started to break up. "Listen, I'm going to have to let you go, I can barely hear you", said Isaac, as the connection was cut off. Oh well, he thought. Time to mingle.

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    IC as Aislynn Zerlina Nata:

Aislynn could feel the excitement bubbling up inside her as her pilot circled the island again. She didn't mind, she enjoyed all the wonderful arial shots she was getting while awaiting clearance for the plane to land. Packed with her were several of her latest creations just waiting to be revealed at the party since everyone was going to be there. She was excited about the expressions she knew they would cause, yet most of her excitedness stemmed from the natural habitat she was getting the privilage to photograph. Even the arial shots on the 3 rolls of film she had already taken were enough to make the trip worth it. Finally she heard the radio crackle as the pilot recieved his landing orders. Quickly she switched out another roll of film and took pictures as they came in. When the plane touched down she quickly double checked her appearance in the fold out mirror from her purse and switched the large camera she had been using for the arial photos for a small discrete digital camera that complimented her outfit.

As she walked down the jet stairs, a gently breeze caressed her fiery red locks and loosened a strand from the partial up-do to swipe across her face. Her deep emerald green eyes flickered back and forth to take in the surroundings as the wind tugged at her knee length dress of the same shade. Her high heels were a combination of sapphire blue and emerald green, with delicate lace wraps trailing up her leg and ending midthigh. Her jewelry was minimal and consisted of an Australian opal pendant necklace with matching earrings. Her fingers were bare save for her manicured nails painted in the same sapphire as her shoes and detailed with emerald ivy. Attatched to her wrist was the strap of her camera, the strap matching the lace of her shoes. A smile lit her face and she was certain she would enjoy herself.

Once on the airstrip she glanced over her shoulder to make sure that her things were being unloaded and properly handled. Satisfied that her camera equipment and precious creations would make it to her room safetly she began walking towards the house. She felt slightly perplexed and dismayed that Mars Madding was not waiting there to great her, but consoled herself in thinking that he just wished to make a grand entrance at a later time and was content to walk along, clicking her camera at the sights that pleased her eye.

Tag: Anyone arriving on the runway/on the runway/or near the house

16. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    OOC:

Earwen, I can't find your character bio...

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Miguel Callahan

Emerging form the plane he wandered when this party would start. He was really looking forward to the interaction.

Seeing a path that lead to the house he started following it and came upon a group of people. Starting head towards the group he paused and just observed for a while

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Quotes found in "<< >>" are spoken in Japanese.

IC: Hiroto Lewis

Hiroto looked through the windows as they approached the island. This party wasn't something he would normally accept an invitation to. He didn't enjoy large crowds that didn't consist of fellow Go players. But his publiscist had said that it would be good to get the word of Go out to other cultures, perhaps influence some of the wealthy people and have them spark an era of Go Renaissance in the world. Hiroto saw that as a load of bull. Never the less, he had still accepted. He studied the island, plenty of places that would be quiet in which he could enjoy games of Go with anybody who was interested, even himself if need be.

<<"Sir, we are about to land.">> the pilot called back.

<<"Understood.">> Hiroto acknowledged as he began to put away the notes on former, famous, Go matches. He enjoyed studying former matches, it always stimulated his mind and gave him insight into the tactics of others that both worked and failed.

It wasn't too long after he had finished putting away his things that he felt the familiar bump of the wheels hitting the runway.

TAG: Anyone

- o_O-Eyebrows?- o_O-

19. Lord_Janson

Lord_Janson Jedi Master star 1

Oct 9, 2004
    IC: Zen//
    Zen yawned as he brought his private jet down in for it's final approach to the island. "This will be one interesting party" He looked throught he cockpit window, admiring the landscaping of the mansion. "Ahh well, shoulda built my own mansion"....//

~Rogue~

20. Jennifer_Pritchard

Jun 25, 2005
    I check the time and wonder to myself when the guests will make it to the poo area. I finish my drink and put it on a table and stand up. I wobble a little, I rarely wear heals and I find them hard to walk in. 'Maybe I'd better change before the party gets too started' I think to myself, and I make my way to my own private residance. On my way I spot a group of rich and wealthy people and pause for a moment before hurrying on as fast as my heals will allow.

TAG: anyone

OOC: is it ok for me to post like this?

21. tendra_217

tendra_217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    IC:

'What a lovely day for arriving' thought Gwen as her jet cicrled the island. 'It is certianly a beutiful place'.

"Ma'am, we are now aloud to land" said her pilot.

Gwen could feel the exicement building inside of her. She did love meeting new people espaccally at parties.

After the jet landed, the pilot helped her out and placed her bag beside her. "I will contact you when I need the plane" she said to the pilot. Then taking her bag she walked towards the house.

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    IC as Aislynn:

Spotting someone a short distance away Aislynn waved. Mentally going through the list of those she knew to come up with the name of the familiar face.

Tag: whoever wants to chat :)

OOC: I think so MM. I don't think you need to say IC as when it is your socks name :)

23. Jennifer_Pritchard

Jun 25, 2005
    I return wearing the same suit but weaing matching flats and looking three inches shorter. I'm worrying too much about having wrinkles in my suit I don't notice Aislynn and almost bump into her.

"oh, sorry," I say, "I wasn't looking where I was going." quickly adding, "are you ok?"

Tag: Aislynn

24. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Miguel

Seeing someone waving at him he goes over and says "Hi. How are you this fine afternoon?" meanwhile trying his best to remember who was on the guest list.

Tag Aislynn

25. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Smiling, Aislynn gently greets the guest she had waved at and the one that almost ran her over.

"Hello to you both, and don't worry about it. I know what it is like to get distracted. I'm fine"

Glancing them both over their names and occupations click. Jeniffer Pritchard, a computer wiz and Miguel Calahan a Mollecular Biologist, both very good at their work.

"Miguel and Jennifer, so good to see you both." She stated with a smirk, wondering if they would recognize her.

Tag: Trimaj and Jennifer_Pritchard

Edits: added the tag and corrected the spelling of Jeniffer since it was changed from the original bio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.