main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Cartoon Network on adult swim.

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    And it's also available for purchase on DVD from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Robot-Chicken-Star-Mark-Hamill/dp/B0012Q3T6S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204989664&s

It would sit perfectly in your SW collection right next to Blue Harvest. :)

- Justin

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin...You are soooo right!!!

I can't wait for the 3D Star Wars to come out. I read where Brendan Frasier got to see some of it and it was spectacular. Getting chills here thinking about it!!!

4. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Funny thing is, my wife and I were sadly worried that ROTS was the final time that we would be standing in line outside the theater for hours & hours to see a SW movie.

Looks like we were (gleefully) dead wrong.

TCW release, the 3-D film adaptations, the possible theatrical release of the live-action series....

There will be plenty of new reasons to stand outside the theater at 3am. [face_dancing]

- Justin

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    There will always be something... eventually you'll find some of us out there with our walkers, waiting for that Midnight showing :) :) :).

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - not me, I'm gonna have Cleeg Lars' hover seat instead. ;)

- Justin

7. Puppy-Whisperer

Puppy-Whisperer Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2008
    Val, I LOVE THAT IMAGE!!!!

If growing old means I can no longer stand in line for midnight openings, I refuse to get old! By the time we need the walkers, they better have those hoverchairs ready for us!

8. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Oh the midnight showings....they are sooo much fun.

I love to dress up for them....and....a week before the show, when they start selling tickets....standing in line for them....wow.

Nothing can top the chills we all get from those long stands in line. Then as the 20th Century Fox chimes in...tears well up in our eyes.

So...am I the only one who tears up?

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    In a word... no :).

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Oh Connie, you gotta get with the times, dear! :D

No need to wait "in line" a week before the film to get your tix - just order them "online" and print them at home. I did it for AOTC and ROTS and boy was I happy I did so!

Save your line-waiting time outside the theater for the day of the show! LOL

- Justin

11. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    I don't quite tear up, but there's such an excitement when I see it. Sort of what it felt like Christmas morning when you were a kid. You felt like you were gonna burst!

I'll probably get my tickets online, but it was great fun waiting for the ticket booth to open! Technology... what can ya do?

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey Connie -- in light of the recent update about Hallmark's new line of SW and Indy ornaments for 2008, here is a site that I thought you might be interested in seeing:

http://www.ornament-shop.com/sw.htm

- Justin

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I like the X-Wing and the Royal Starship. Have to see about getting those when the times comes.

14. Skeeziks

Skeeziks Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2008
    Ohhh, love the X-Wing and Falcon! Might have to break my "dont' collect stuff" rule for those.

This time change is killing me. I'm awake too early and it's dark. I'm sure I'll be loving it tonight when I leave work in daylight though. :)

15. LookAnotherPadme

LookAnotherPadme Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2008
    It was so tough getting up this morning. It was dark, and very spooky.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Speaking of The Clone Wars... :):

Poster

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I hope that poster is available for purchase.

It would look awesome next to TCW poster that I got at CIV.

- Justin

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin...Thanks for the link, looks like the tax return will get some workout...lol. As for the waiting in line...I love it, because the 501st comes out and there is a big get together. I go for the ambiance...yet with kids...I may be opting for some fandango.com tics...lol.

I love that poster Val. I sure hope that will be available for us fans, would be neat.

Val...dying for some C5 news here...any luck?

Oh, had to share this too...I belong to a coupon site and I have totally geeked it up with all my Star Wars puns and quotes. Just to give you an idea...My taglines are: Obi Won Couponi and "Never will you meet a more wretched hive of coupons and frugalty." They have been loving my sense of humor and love for Star Wars. I was even featured in the newsletter...lol. Just had to share...lol.

Love ya guys!!!

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I have mixed feelings about the poster. I still don't like the style of the animation all that much. Uncanny valley and whatnot.

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Re C-V -- haven't heard anything new, Connie. My source is gearing up for Comic-Con, and they're kinda busy with that at the moment.

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I bet your feelings on the animation style will change once you see TCW in a digital theater, and then at home on a big HDTV. ;)

- Justin

22. darthhighlander

darthhighlander Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2008
    I can't believe that the value of the R2 and ships ornaments have increased so much. Does anyone realize that the ships are minatures? I have all of them but my favorite is Vader.

Yay! I can't wait for TCW to come to the theatres.

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The Hallmark SW ornaments have always been pricey, even when they are first available at retail Hallmark stores. Occassionally you can get lucky and find them on clearance for $10 or $15 a piece (at least here in the NY area).

But I hear ya - it's a hefty price to pay to collect 'em all.

- Justin

24. LookAnotherPadme

LookAnotherPadme Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2008
    In general I don't like the look of alot of the ornaments, therefore I do not collect. A few have caught my eye, but not enough to start anything.

25. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    I've collected all of the SW Hallmark ornaments. The only way I can afford it is by putting them on lay-a-way when they premier in July. That way I've got 6 months to pay them off and the total price isn't so hard to come up with.

Of course, I've purchased a lot of ST and Harry Potter ornaments along the way, too. The sad thing is that I hardly put any of them out on the Christmas tree. There's just too many of them and they're so darn big! Gotta have them anyway... it's a sickness!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.