main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Not the city I was hoping for! But it is better than L.A.! I think it takes 5 hours to drive from my house to Chicago but I have never been there so I would be lost if I went by myself. I am always hoping for Indy!

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Here is Dustin's post about the C5 rumors:

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Celebration_5_Rumors_113436.asp

- Justin

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Thanks Justin for the link.

Cant wait for more news....Please come soon!!!

4. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Sorry Justin, I didn't look in this thread before I posting this as a new topic.

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    A new thread was the best place for C-V rumors -- no need to search for responses :).

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Does anyone know if they're still planning on releasing the original trilogy in 3D? That's something Rick said way back at CIII but I haven't heard much since. The new 3D tech is amazing. If you haven't seen a 3D film since the old red and blue glasses days, you don't know what you're missing. I saw the U2 film U23D at our local IMAX and it was stunning. A segment of the original trilogy that I imagine would look unbelievable is the Death Star battle. I really hope they do still do this.

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Yep.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=47516

- Justin

8. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Brendan Frasier actually saw a few minutes of the film in 3D, he pretty much said it was awesome. I know I cant wait for this one...question is...will we need those glasses? lol

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    For the U2 show I saw a few weeks ago, you still wore glasses but they aren't the white paper kind with red and blue lenses. They looked like 80's sun glasses made out of plastic. I saw it at IMAX so it was a small scale kinda thing where they provided the glasses and you gave them back. I'm not sure how the Star Wars 3D thing would be. I was under the impression that the new tech had to be played in a special theater, not your typical mall multiplex.

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/news20080403.html

- Justin

11. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh no. That's the same day Socom Confrontation comes out. I'm sure I'll like the Star Wars game but Socom is the best shooter game EVER... and the online play is just amazing. Oh I'm going to be busy that week. LOL!

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Rest assured I'll be standing outside my local Best Buy store at 5am on the 16th waiting to purchase this little golden nugget. :cool:

- Justin

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I take it this is a good thing... :D

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - not too caught up with TFU, are ya Helen? ;)

- Justin

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Nope, can't say that I am :cool:. Never much of a videogame player. But all my SW friends are chomping at the bit to get it.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    It should be a fantastic game. I've been a little dissapointed about some of the Star Wars games in the past so we'll see what happens with this one. Might be a day one purchase for me... then again I'm looking forward to some others as well.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I was a big gamer when I was growing up back in the days of the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis. But it faded little by little as I got older and now I am just a casual gamer who owns about 5-7 games max.

But the hype and story surrounding this game has captivated me from Day 1.

I have never seen a game get this much attention in my life.

It really is gonna be like a mini SW movie premiere on Sept. 16th.

My PS3 and HDTV will be loving me. :)

- Justin

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well I'm a big time gamer and an avid PS3 fan. I'm looking forward to this game but I'll remain "cautiously optimistic" until I see more previews and some game play, possibly a demo. It's not impossible for a game to look amazing in press releases and to totally suck once it hits the shelves.

Justin, do you know if there is going to be any online play with TFU?

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Haven't seen or read anything that mentions online play for the PS3.

- Justin

20. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I would be SHOCKED if there wasent any ONP for the 360.

21. JustBith

JustBith Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2008
    Okay, I'll admit I haven't been following too closely, but does anyone know if the the Wii edition will utilize the Wii lightsabers that have been long-rumored? [face_praying]

22. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Dunno but that would be sick... LOL. I'm actually very surprised this game is even coming out on Wii not to mention PS2. The graphics just look so far beyond anything that either of those systems can do but apparently it is. Should be pretty exciting. I simply can't imagine them not implementing the tech behind the Wii for TFU... that would just be crazy not to.

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Not sure if any of you are familiar with this guys work. His name is Cedric Delsaux. Pretty interesting in a very strange way. Thought you might like to take a peek.

Urban Star Wars Photography

Edited to fix the link. This has been around for a while, it's very interesting stuff.

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    NYCC Lucasfilm Panel Overview

Below are my notes for Steve Sansweet?s Lucasfilm panel at NYCC. He didn?t reveal any new information, but the session was very entertaining and well worth it. My notes are listed in the order in which they were discussed:

Star Wars Celebrations:

Steve opened the panel talking about the Celebrations and how much fun he has working on them. He showed a video montage (which was really cool) that included footage from all 5 Celebrations, as well as promoting C-Japan at the end. He went on to say that Celebrations are something that he ?will continue to work on well into the future?, and that he will begin to discuss C5 sometime in the Fall, which follows the line of thinking that most of us had that C5 details would be released after C-Japan.

The Force Unleashed:

Steve showed the trailer for TFU (the same trailer that is running on the TFU website). He then showed a video of his interview that he had with Brett Rector during SDCC. After that, he showed two new videos that contained footage from the first level of TFU, which takes place at the TIE Fighter Construction Facility, and from the junk planet Raxus Prime. Both videos were taken from the Xbox 360 release of the game. Steve?s quote of ?I predict on Sept. 16th there will be a lot of people missing from work? drew a loud cheer from the crowd.

Young Indiana Jones DVD:

Steve showed footage from Season 3 of the Young Indy DVD release. Nothing else was really covered on this topic.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:

Steve gushed over how excited he is to see Indy 4 and how amazing the trailer is. So, he decided to show the trailer on the video screen (which I did not watch a second of or listen to, as I looked away from the screen and stuck my fingers in my ears - I want to remain Indy 4 spoiler free!). He then praised J.W. Rinzler and Del Rey Publishing for the outstanding work they did in compiling the ?The Complete Making of Indiana Jones? book. He had a copy of the book with him on stage and said this book is right up there on-par with the ?Making of Star Wars? book that was released last year. He said the book contains pics and articles that have never been seen before.

New Indiana Jones DVD Boxed Set:

Steve mentioned the May 13th release of the new Indy DVD boxed set. He said these new editions contain loads of new bonus content not available anyplace else.

Lego Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventure:

Steve showed the trailer for the Lego Indy game (which is a must-buy for me) and the crowd got a big laugh from it. The game is slated for a June 3rd release

Star Wars Robot Chicken:

Seth Green and Matt Senreich appeared on stage with Steve. He basically conducted the same interview with them as they had done at CIV during their panel. Seth told the story about how the LFL name came up on his caller ID, and how he and Matt were afraid to answer the phone. They discussed how much fun it was to get the chance to work with George Lucas and how excited they were to fly out to Skywalker Ranch. They then showed the scene from Robot Chicken where George was sitting on the psychiatrist couch, and the crowd let out a huge laugh at the end. Steve ended the interview by saying the release date for SW Robot Chicken will be July 22nd, and it will contain over 2 hours of bonus content.

The Clone Wars:

Steve saved the best for last. He started off TCW discussion by giving the fans a brief overview of the story behind TCW and when it takes place in the SW timeline. He then showed a brand new mini documentary with Dave Filoni that discussed the Anakin/Ashoka relationship and what went into coming up with the design of Ashoka. Dave also talked about the vast battles that occur throughout the SW Saga and how that vastness will be carried over to the battle scenes in TCW. When the theater lights came back up, there were five

25. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Kudos Justin...thanks for the great notes. I wished he would have gave us a little bone on the C5 thing, but oh well...cant have everything.

Great job Justin...Thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.