main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Star Wars Party of a Lifetime! - ONE MORE DAY!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    So I take it that saving you a seat in the van is a moot point then, Ben? That was a 'no', right? :p

How do you really feel? Don't hold back on us now.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Star Wars.com

Special Clone Wars Cartoon Screenings at Celebration III, Including "Members Only" Shows

Fans of Cartoon Network's Emmy-award winning Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon series will enjoy an extra-special viewing treat at Celebration III this April --- the entire new season, Volume II (Chapters 21-25), will be shown on a big screen with quality sound and projection. What's more, members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club can enjoy private screenings, with the chance to win Clone Wars posters autographed by the creators.

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    CIII figurine

**jumps up and down like a school girl**

And it talks!!!

4. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Oooooooooo...

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Why doesn't the article mention scale or articulation? I'm not as excited about this one--I guess this is not the year to not be a huge Vader fan.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Gotta disagree with you there, Jacob. I think it's primo time to be a whopping huge Vader fan, especially since you'll see Vader everywhere this year thanks to ROTS. And there will be enough Vader merchandise to take up a small island in the South Pacific. (Tom Hanks will be there talking to it. At least he won't have to come up with a name for it.)

And then there's that great Vader statue that coming out soon. Sure, it's $200, but it is SWEET.

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I guess this is not the year to not be a huge Vader fan.

How can one NOT be a Vader fan? He brings the cool to Star Wars. Normal, everyday people know him and go - "Him? Oh, he's cool!!"

Darth Vader is Star Wars.

Now we will all stand and rejoice, for 2005 is the Year of Vader. Hallelujah!!! *weeps*

My Vader, which are on the Executor, hallowed be thy name.... [face_laugh]

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Rhonda: You so going to hell for that, girl! :p I can't say anything. What was I saying the other day on the phone? "For Qui-Gon so loved the world..."? I'm so going to hell for that one.

And for that last supper pic we did at last year's MSC.

You're right about Vader being Star Wars. He's what everyone, fan and casual moviegoer alike, recognize most when it comes to the GFFA. Star Wars without Vader would be like the Bible without Jesus.

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    You so going to hell for that, girl!

Wait...isn't that where I'm at already?

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No, that's Fanboy Hell you're stuck in.

I'm trying to remember.... Was Star Wars Fandom overpopulated with fanboys before the internet came into existence? I seem to remember encountering one every now and then as a kid. Now... Heh. Hell, now there needs to be a Federal thinning program.

I want that Vader statue. I hope our tax refund is big enough to go to CIII and get the extremely choice Vader statue.

[face_praying]

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    No, that's Fanboy Hell you're stuck in.

No, I'm pretty sure it's hell... ;)

I got some new minatures today!

12. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    How can one NOT be a Vader fan?
    I didn't say I wasn't a fan of Vader. I said "a huge Vader fan."

What minis did you get?

13. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm a big Vader fan, but I'm a fan of Obi-Wan too. But after seeing that Vader figurine, I think I need to save up even more money for CIII.

I would invite those of you who don't have places to sleep to stay at my hotel, but there are already 3 of us staying in one room. But you're welcome to use our shower.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Where did you book your room, Lori?

And three to a room probably wouldn't be so bad, especially considering that all you're going to do there is sleep and shower.

And we'll have to get a U-Haul trailer for the return trip.

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    And three to a room probably wouldn't be so bad, especially considering that all you're going to do there is sleep and shower.

Speak for yourself, Sith boy. [face_devil] [face_mischief]

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I can't say crap, really. Traci and I sprung for great accommodations for this one.

And message assimilated and noted, Sithgirl.

17. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    We are staying at the Radisson.

And when it's three girls to one room, that can get dangerous.

Plus, two of us actually care about our appearances, so we have to primp and all that in the morning.

When are y'all going to leave for C3??

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We're heading out early Wednesday morning- the day before CIII opens. We're planning to be ready and refreshed for Thursday's opening. We'll be leaving the day after it ends, that way we won't be forced to rush off in a hurry and miss anything, or lose our hotel room at noon on Sunday and have to worry about all of our stuff.

19. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    I'll be coming into Memphis on Wednesday and then heading out that same day for C3. We're planning on leavig right after it's over Sunday. Both of the girls going with me are in college and Kristen hates to miss class. Otherwise I would stay longer.

20. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    This figure has me very depressed. I had buy a new (well newer) vehicle and now I'm not going to be able to afford C3. Thunder is sad. Thus I embark on my quest, begging anyone that is going C3 to pick one of these beautiful figures up for me. I'll pay double, I don't care, me desperate.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Since Traci and I will be able to pick up a maximum of 8, I'll try to get you one, Dale.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to CIII. I know it's a collector's paradise.

22. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I can't really complain. The choice came down to the car I've always wanted (plus getting rid of the crappy truck I was driving) and a very costly trip to Indianapolis to purchase pieces of plastic. Though I love my pieces of plastic, the need for a reliable vehicle takes top prize. It's a 2000 Firebird though, so I cannot complain (much).

Tim, if you can pick one up for me, you'll be the man forever.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll see what I can get. You may see a couple of them at TC2 if I can afford it.

24. BlueLoriSaber

Sep 29, 2004
    So Tim, how many are you buying?? I know I want 2 and I'm gonna buy one for my cousins husband. He can't make it to C3. But he loves Star Wars. His son's 1st birthday was yesterday and he bought him and Star Wars toy. My cousin says he really bought it for himself, but is covering it up by telling everyone it's for Jake(their son).

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll probably only get one or two for myself, plus an extra or two- all depending on availability and how much money I have. I won't be buying too much of anything since it all has to make it back home in my luggage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.