main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the Star Wars Synchronicity Project

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by jturd, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jturd

jturd Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Hey, my name is James, and I'm doing this thing called the Star Wars Synchronicity Project. I'm listening to a different album every day while watching Star Wars to see if anything synchs up like Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz. Here's the link (WARNING - the site below contains some strong, non-family oriented language):

The Star Wars Synchronicity Project

I've been doing it for about a month now, and I've seen some real interesting stuff. Right now, the album that has the most synchs with Star Wars is American Idiot by Green Day. Weird.

Well, I just thought I'd let you folks know, in case you were interested. If not, that's cool too.

2. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    This is by far the strangest, coolest star wars fan site I have ever seen. How baked were you to even come up with the idea for this? Awesome site, very interesting.

3. jturd

jturd Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Thank you very much! Surprisingly, I wasn't baked at all, just unemployed and bored beyond belief.

4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Another one that matches up well is one of the themes from The Lion King. It's the chorus version of "The Circle of Life" and it plays well in Return of the Jedi from when the Ewok blows the horn just before the burning of Darth Vader's armor all the way to the very end of the film.

Unfortunately, in regards to your site, there is innapropriate language. As this is a family-friendly message board, things like "**** With Dre Day" are not allowed. Your link may be removed by a moderator if they feel it should be. But, you do propose a good site idea.

5. jturd

jturd Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Well, I'm sorry, I guess I should have posted a warning the about inappropriate language on my site.

6. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    First off, welcome to TFN! That's a cool idea for a site, and definitely not something I would have thought of trying in a million years. :p

On a purely business-related note, the front page of your site does contain language that we don't allow here. According to the rules here we're not supposed to link to that sort of thing - I'm not going to ban you or anything but you should probably at least post a warning in your first post of this topic that there is some language down the page. If your site will continue to have language like that I'm afraid we can't allow it here. :( However just so it's not the kind of thing that will continue to occur we can leave this thread open. :)

7. jturd

jturd Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Okay, I posted a little warning there. Sorry folks. Won't happen again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.