main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The Summer Movie Predictions, Gripes, Kudos, Trash Talkin, Recomendations, and Film Fanatics Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    what does IMHO stand for....anyone...help !

Can t wait to see Arthur, Terminal,Bourne Supremacy and Spidey 2, Riddick is not a priority for me, fell asleep before Pitch Black was over...Looks like i will wait until August and then buy Kill Bill Volume 2, right on! Cannot believe how quickly that was out. I know that Stepford Wives is really gonna suck, BUT...I really like Christopher Walken and a few others from the cast sooooo maybe on cheapnight i will just do it !
    At least i followed some of Deadpools advice...I didnt rent Paycheck ! lol

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    IMHO = In my humble opinion...although in Deadpool's case none of his opinions are humble :p

I think they need to make a Hawkgirl/Hawkman movie, a much better bet than that Catwoman thing. But maybe that's just me.

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Yeha I think Tionne has got a point. I say we do a Hawkgirl/Hawkman movie later on, starring Tionne

4. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Hey all my opinions are humble and lovable...just like me.

Hawkgirl/Hawkman would make a good film.

DC has a line up that would make for some good flicks

Green Lantern
    Green Arrow

The new Batgirl would be cool, but I'm not sure how they can pull that one off since they are just doing Batman Begins.

naturally The Justice League.

5. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    There was a big spread on Batman Begins in Newsweek a cople of weeks ago (Time Warner tie-in), and it looks thoroughly impressive to me.

6. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    News
    Spider-Man 2 swings into IMAX on the 23rd or so I've been told.

anyone see Anchorman?

7. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Spidey on IMAX? My spidey sense is all a tinglin'

I saw Fahrenheit again this weekend. No plans for anchorman. Will Ferrell isn't very funny to me.

8. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I think Anchorman appeals to me because I would love to see a return to a Non P.C world....sure it can be rude but people need to have a sense of humor....plus then I could wear those leisure suits again.

for my money I'd rather pay the 14.00 to see Spidey at IMAX then Harry Potter...sure I thought Potter was good...but it's not Imax worthy like Spidey is, Goblet of Fire should be though.

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I was wandering the web and just found out that Hellboy is coming to DVD July 27th. I liked this movie in the theaters, but will probably wait a while to get it. Something to do with limited funds and a trip to Ireland. ;)

10. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    The Devil's Backbone also hits Dvd that day in a new special edition set. Yippie!!

Anyone see I ROBOT or anything else new this week?..how bad is it?

I managed to pick up The Young Ones Every Stoopid Episode Box Set Dvd (classic BBC humor) and a handful of cheap VHS Godzilla flicks forthe Boy and I.

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I picked up the extended Bourne Identity. The beginning and endings were pretty good. I liked the new beginning they had.

It also had some pretty good commentary about the film and book by Robert Ludlum. It was only $16.00 so I thought what the heck. Glad I bought it.

I finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. Very good read! For those who haven't finshed or started it, prepare yourselves for some surprises!!!

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Going to see The Bourne Supremacy tomorrow - anyone who wants to go is more than welcome to join me. Might have to start driving now though. As I am up in Canada above New York. ;) LOL

I will have a full report on the movie when we get done viewing it.

Tootles

13. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Tootles??

I knew it. You've turned to The Canuckside!! you traitor.

14. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Has anyone else checked out the TFN Films and watched the two new Super hero films?

Grayson is ok....actually the guy looks like KR. So I get a kick out of thinking of KR as Robin now.

Worlds Finest is...ehhh fair. not as good as Sandy's last work (Batman: Dead End) but still fun.

Speaking of Fanfilms. I just saw Pink Five Strikes Back....holy poop stick..it's better then the first.

I need to find a copy to make into a Vcd.

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ahhhhhh Dead poop, your are just jealous is all. Heh heh heh

I saw Spidey 2 last night. TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! Gonna see The Bourne Supremacy tonight! heh heh heh

16. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Sorry about my extended absence. Our phone lines went down at grandma's, and my sister and g/f were visiting for a few days. did two days in SF, a couple in Sacto. Had an awesome time. Feeling high as a kite. It was only my second time seeing my sister and it was great.

We didn't do any movies, but I'm dying to see the Metallica documentary.

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Anyone up for a Trip to S.F to see Spidey at Loews IMAX Theatre Metreon?

The Imax website shows Spidey playing there...but no mention if it will come to Sacto.

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I saw The Bourne Supremacy ... TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! The car chase rivals that of the one in Ronin which I think was the best in movie history. This is a great ride filled with action and suspense. It was by far better than the first one, and by the way they ended it, I smell a third movie on its way!

The only down part was during the hand to hand the camera was in too tight and I wasn't able to make out some of the moves but that is small potatoes compared to the rest of the film. It is a must see for anyone who liked the first one.

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I think there's at least 3 or 4 books in the Bourne series.

never read any of them.

But I love the first film...so I'm sure it'll rock.

Who would have thought Matt "Good Will" Damon could kick arse?

20. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    yeah, they are referring to it as the Jason Bourne Series. I read the first book. It's so different from the film they hardly should use the same name. Can't see how the second film could be based on the second book given the diversions in the first.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hmmmmm KR, that sounds very familiar. I read HP and the POA, then saw the movie and the same could be said about that movie as well. Why bother calling it POA?

22. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Dude, you deserve a SMACK for that!

BTW, I saw your pic in the Insider (just got it). Nice.

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    What's the issue # for the Insider he's in? I looked for it all over but everywhere I went they had the June/July issue.

OK FESS UP I KNOW SOMEONE FELL INTO THE CATWOMAN TRAP THIS WEEKEND....WHO WAS IT? HOW BAD WAS IT?

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Issue #77 Dead.

Yes, Devin needs to be smacked for that little HP comment. Go ahead KR, smack him. :p (Never said it had to be me who did it)

25. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    No Catwoman for me, thankyouverymuch.

to LDV: Pimp SLAP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.