main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The Summer Movie Predictions, Gripes, Kudos, Trash Talkin, Recomendations, and Film Fanatics Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    Hey! What happened to all the recommendations, gripes, kudos etc .... ?

Did anyone go and see Alien vs Predator ?
    What about Catwoman..haha just kidding meowwwww!

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I was wondering the same thing. for me..sadly I aint been to the movies in wayyyyy too long.

so I aint seen squat!

but today I have some spare time and I'm going to see something....but I don't know what yet. I'm feeling like a cheese flick so Alien Vs Predator is on the list...but it is like 6am right now so that could change.

3. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Just to warn you. Among my hardcore Geek friends in LA, they called it AVP=Another Vaginal Picture

I've gotten clearance from my doctors to work again. I'm moving south next week.

4. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh aye I've been warned.

I know some people who saw it and said it was decent and at the least entertaining.

I'm just in the mood for sci fi mayhem, I doubt I have the capacity to pay enough attention to something like Bourne or some other films.

I know it wont be great (which is why I'm hitting the theater before full price kicks in) but no biggie I want to munch popcorn and watch something silly.

So you are leaving us already eh? I'm glad to hear you got cleared to work again, just make sure you visit from time to time.

and since my Mother is now in the O.C I'll be heading down that way from time to time as well.

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    It's kinda neat that a lot of us seem to have connections down south, gives us an excuse to go back and forth occasionally. Maybe we should create a subgroup of the SVRF "the I-5 Rogues"

6. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Go I-5!!!

I took my daughter to Princess Diary's 2.

It's actually pretty good for a sequel.
    So if you need a feel good, left you spirits movie.. that's a good one.

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Saw Alien vs Predator last night.

Hmmmm.

Well the good stuff was good. The stuff that was bad was really really bad.

But I was expecting as much so that's fine. I just needed a mindless piece of fluff to watch.

Sad really A vs P should have written itself. Believe me when I say that this is not me bragging about what kinda of writer I am when I say I could have written this in my sleep..most people could.

Heck in my head I already wrote the perfect sequel while I was on the can after the movie....but that's neither here nor there.

spoiler stuff (like it matters):

The Good:
    I like the Predator Ships, very sleak, silent and deadly..like a sneaky fart.

The aliens looked pretty good, nice mix of CGI and Rubber suits.

They did lift some stuff from the Original Screenplay and some of the comic stuff. The Human turned Hunter Warrior etc.

the fight scenes are good but tame.

Open ended for a nice sequel (which I wrote already see below)

The BAD:

Takes place on Earth Present Day. Should have been off earth and in the future. but oh well.

Predators were primative earth gods???? lame. stupid, Predators would not have bothered with it. They would have rounded them up like cattle.

Speaking of which I would think the predators want a open hunt. Why would they need these temples?

The humans in the movie are lame and utter cannon fodder for the most part. which I guess is fine but when you hang the prespective of the viewer into the eyes of the humans you need to make them more then that. otherwise just give us subtles and see this from the Predator side.

So to recap: A Vs P, bad movie. not fun bad but just above the terrible line (there's some cool ideas that just fail or they come up and they let them fall to the floor).

8. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ok it aint summer anymore...but I'll start a new thread for this topic later.

Saw Blade: Trinity tonight

If you liked the Blade movies, you'll be ok with this one. But it's alot slower then the other films and the action is not as good when it does happen. There's lots plots that go nowhere, and some really bad acting.

The stars really are that dude from Van Wilder (he cracks me up) and super hotness Jessica "Smart enough to escape 7th heaven" Biel.

the movie does stink of spin off. this will be the last blade, if it goes anywhere it's spin off city.

In any case if your trapped between a choice of Blade 3 and X-mas with the Kranks. you know your chioce.

9. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Ocean's Twelve at the chinese Friday night thankyouverymuch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.