main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark The Toy Box (Star Wars only)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Cool. I am looking forward to seeing the starfighter!

What do y'all think of the preview figures?
    I don't think they are quite up to VOTC standards (if you ignore 3PO, of course), but overall I think they are a step up from the SAGA standard, and they are way better than some of the crappy POTF2 rehashes we have been getting lately.

2. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I wrote a review of the Wookie Warrior at Yodasnews.com:
    First of all this guy is huge! You've seen the pics comparing him to the VOTC Chewie, right?
    Sculpt: This is the best part of this figure. The scale, the shape and detail are all phenomenal. Really top knotch. The only complaints I have about the sculpt are where it crosses over into articulation. Besides that the only thing that could make this figure better on the sculpt would be soft goods and I am not a fan of soft goods, so this is great!
    Sculpt=4.9/5
    Articulation: Mostly awesome, but I don't like the elbows. I think that they would have been better as ball joints, like the shoulders and knees. Heck, even the wrists could have been ball joints and looked good if they used the "wookie hair covers up some of the joints method that they used to such success on the torso and knee of this figure. Having said I don't like the elbows, I have to qualify that now. The first time I played with the figure, after opening the package, I didn't spend much time with it, but couldn't get him to do a two handed hold on his weapon. I figured it out this time, and the right elbow looks as if it was sculpted and painted for just that pose. The knees are awesome. The shoulders are awesome, but the left shoulder is impeded from full movement by his armor. the waist articulation is just swivel. The head is ball and socket.
    Articulation=4.5/5
    Paint Apps: Variable. Not the worst, but in my particular figure it leaves a lot to be desired. Makes you wonder what pose they are in when they spray on the details. I would think, based on the promotional photo that this figure would have highlights in the fur, but there are none. The face is very good, but he might look a little cross-eyed--why is that so common in wookiee figures? I think the rope part of his armor could use a wash. The paint on the accessories is the best and the worst. The gun is good. The helmet is beautiful. But the shin armor wasn't painted at all--completely different color from the loin shield portion of the main armor, even though they are matching materials. I love the hands and toes.
    Paint Application=4/5 (but only because the face and helmet and hands and toes are so good.
    Accessories: As I already mentioned--the paint is one of the worst things about the armor. The shin guards are clumsy in my opinion. I think the straps should have gone all the way around if they were going to include them at all. The gun is beautiful, and fits the warrior's hands well. The helmet although it is beautiful and fits well (it will display fabulously), it doesn't stay on and would be horrible for play.
    Accessories=3.5/5
    Overall, just by averages=4.2/5
    I think my gut reaction would be a 4.5 or so...

3. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    My friend in Houston said he found the Anakin Starfighter at a TRU, so keep your eyes peeled.

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Its not toys except to collector freaks such as myself. But I found yesterday POPS cereal has lightsaber spoons in the box. Rasin Brain Crisp has a Jedi mind game on the back. And if you did'nt get EI on DVD Frosted mini wheats has your offer to get it free. All of this means its getting closer and the EIII partners cant wait till the April 2nd release. Heck we got an email from Cingular about the new ring tones the other day.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Did you see the cereal in stores?

6. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Heads up again. Anakin's starfighter found at Walmart(Chenal) location!! Thay had six this morning when I purchased one. Get it soon if you want one!! Hey to the CR and everyone!!!

7. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Yeah the cereal was in the stores, but I went back in the same store today and all of the ones with the spoon in them where gone. I also found some of the new skittles wrappers today at Toys R Us over in West Little Rock. Well see everyone tomorow.

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I found some of the cereals at a Walmart here in Memphis, but none of the saber spoons.

I found ROTS Galactic Heroes at one Target and ROTS vehicles (OB1's fighter, Grievous' wheelbike and the Droid TRI-fighter) at another Target.

I haven't found the new wave of Unleashed anywhere.

9. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    The ROTS toys went on sale yesterday! Did anyone get any? I got a Yoda with Crotch-grabbing Action!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/penzargrat/Crotch_grabbing_Yoda.jpg]

10. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Among other basic figures, games, food, puzzles etc.. I was one of the lucky ones to get the Lava Vader and the Holo Yoda. Still upsat about the early bird from Wal*Mart it wasnt to be found anywhere. Had an awesome time from getting my picture taken outside ToyRUs before midnight all the way through to myself and Kynstar being ask to posse for at Wal*Mart with some customers around 9:00 that morning.

11. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey everyone just trying to get woke up from only 4.5 hrs sleep due to midnight maddness. I found somthing interesting on the early bird special from Wal*Mart follow the link : http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3661660&cat=4171&type=5&dept=4171&path=0%3A4171

12. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    The ROTS toys went on sale yesterday! Did anyone get any? I got a Yoda with Crotch-grabbing Action!

My caption. OU-WEE-HEE-HEE!

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh yeah had a blast with Nyborg, Scout, their son, and ForceConduit. It was great!!

Thanks again ForceConduit! :) Was great hanging out with ya ;) we should do that more often! And yeah I went back to get my Dooku Attacktix figure! [face_laugh] Jeez can't believe I misplaced him! 8-} How sad is that? My poor Count...!

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    You got a Dooku! Cool. Is there a white clone trooper in every booster? I swear.

Had a blast a TRU and Walmart on Friday night with Memphis FanForcers!

Did y'all see any figs beyond 32? I want more troopers!!!

We (those who came in costume) got into TRU early and got to set aside the stuff we wanted in the break room!

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Still haven't seen anything past 32, but I my wife and kids gave me a couple more white clone troopers for my birthday, along with a Chancellor Palpatine and a VOTC Ben. I also got the ROTS Chess set, which looks like it has awesome figures--the sculpts are most impressive, but I don't really play much chess (wish it were wizards' chess--then I would surely learn to play), so I am going to take it back and get more figs, I guess.

16. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey I was looking at my older collection and realized my '97 Kenner ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker does not have his green lightsaber, I looked everywhere and could not find it, does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could get another Luke?

I was younger then so I would take them out and play with them it wasnt till a year later I realized they lose their worth after they are taken out of the box

17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Good deals are always on ebay do you want just the saber or the carded figure

18. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    I guess I would prefer the carded figure, the lightsaber alone would be hard to find plus someone could try and rip me off with any old green lightsaber

19. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Speaking of lightsabers, does anyone know why the Epi 3 Obi-Wan come with a lightsaber hilt in addition to his normal blue lightsaber?

I thought it could be Anakin's that he gives to Luke but it looks nothing like Lule's in the OT

20. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    The Sabre looks like the one OBi uses in the OT.

21. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    I believe that he loses one in this movie and then replaces it--hence the second one is like the OT version.
    --Jacob

22. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I got the Wal*Mart early bird special yesterday. If I would have found it that Saturday I may have not gotten it. Heck its not even a box its a cardbord envlope.

23. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah I saw on rebelscum.com that Hasbro is just doing an empty box thing like they did back in '79 I think. But you only get 4 figures

Henry how did you get yours and also will any of the Walmarts have them soon

24. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Yeah just like in 77 you can mail off and get 4 exclusive figures. There are only 50,000 sets made so they should be rare. I ordered it off of Wal*Mart.com. I just checked there site and they still show some instock.

25. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Went to Kohls this evening, they had many new figures, me and this guy spent 10 minutes talking, we were both looking for the AT-TE gunner, he handed me a Mas Amedda for some reason, I ended up getting that, GG w/ 1 saber (exploding one), and the Polis Massan medic.

The medic looked interesting and their was only one there but there was only one of the other 2 as well, but I was wondering which one of the 3 is harder to find.

Also I am looking for a Palpy #35 with a blue saber, i will pay $15 for him if anyone finds one. If you are interested, PM me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.