main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Realistically, it's not like gays were ever voting that heavily for Republicans before the last year or two.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Normally I would say that someone submitted that voice mail in satire-because it sounds so stereotypical as to be satirical- but there really are people like that in this state. West Virginia just generates the best national news. The best. If it's not those Buckwild morons (who even filmed a few scenes in my neighborhood :mad:), it's idiots like this. West Virginia used to be a bit less derptastic. Decades ago.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I'll say this for Commies: they always create snazzy looking uniforms. Modern democratic-state uniforms suck.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I thought he did that 5-10 years ago?

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Damnit why did Obama decide not to build a Death Star, the Russians are going to beat us to it. There's a Death Star gap, its the end of the world!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sanford wins the SC1 GOP primary, will face Colbert-Busch. I don't mind Sanford, regardless of his past, but I'd prefer an alternative with better chops than a University fundraiser with a famous brother.

I expect Sanford to win, even though PPP has ECB currently up 2. District was gerrymandered to balance out Clyburn, would be a coup if a Dem won.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's amazing that it's even this close to start with.

When's the special election date?

And who knew we'd get Mark Sanford back, and legitly running a close race against Stephen Colbert's sister! :p

Almost as weird as when Mark Sanford was almost primaried by his ex-wife, and then asked her to be his campaign manager.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Still would have been awesome to see the former Mrs. Sanford run against him.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    May 7- they both have war chests for this month, Sanford just had to skirt by some evangelical lightweights in a crowded primary.

And Sanford is one weird guy, but I always saw him as more aloof than anything else. After he announced his affair, for days he just gave interviews about how much he loved his mistress- the biggest political blog in SC ran the famous headline, "Somebody Tackle Him!" He just kept rambling. His then mistress, now fiance Ms. Chapur surprised him tonight at his victory rally and stood behind him. He seems like a happy dude, and Jenny Sanford is our states equivalent of Michelle Bachmann, so Id be happy to be away from her, too.

ECB will compete- she never refers to herself as a Democrat, even in ads, she will just be the alternative to the "luv guv." I just think she's lacking in depth, and that will be exposed in an abbreviated setting. Can't win on celebrity alone in hostile (GOP, Romney district +20%) waters.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Of course it is. Everything is Obama's fault it seems these days. Even the Red Sox sweeping the Yankees on '04 is somehow Obama's fault.;)

But seriously, duck penis funding?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    NBC is reporting that Obama will give up 5% of his salary in solidarity of furloughed workers due to sequestration.

Edit: Now let's see if Congress is willing to do the same.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The headline is about N Carolina adopting an official religion

But it's not that simple.

"The bill says the First Amendment only applies to the federal government and does not stop state governments, local governments and school districts from adopting measures that defy the Constitution. "

UGH. And Mississippi or however you spell it is trying to place a state board that can just nullify federal laws?

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Just in case you didn't think Newscorp(Fox and WSJ) had oil ties

"News Corp. failed to disclose that both the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) and at the Institute for Policy Innovation (IPI) are partly funded by the oil industry.
    CEI has received funding from the American Petroleum Institute, ExxonMobil, Texaco, and other fossil fuel interests.
    IPI, founded by former House majority leader and ex-FreedomWorks chairman Dick Armey, has received funding from ExxonMobil and the Koch brothers."

Is a conspiracy always considered hidden? To me this is a very public conspiracy. But unlike "conspiracy therories" this happens to be true. Oil, guns, religion, Fox News.

17. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I read the bill and the argument seems sound. I hope it passes. :D

18. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    North Carolina is going to adopt Islam as their state religion just to troll us all.

19. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    I'm sure my Dad would feel much better about the furloughs if he was a multimillionaire like Obama.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of_the_Bill_of_Rights

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    No. It's a reasonable policy proposal.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I hate to change the subject so quickly, but I must know. Obama complimented a new Attorney general. Now, he has known her for a long time. Perhaps it is a friends thing.

Whatever.

Is it now sexist to compliment someone?

Is it sexist for the President to compliment soneone they have known for years?

Is it wrong regardless of relationship?

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Do you have any more details? How can complimenting someone be sexist or wrong in any way? Unless he said "She's a great AG...for a girl," I don't see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.