main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH The ULTIMATE Superman DVD Collection

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_William, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    =P~Release Date= November 28th & I think I'm in LOOOVE!![face_love]

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/b1lly/CW-USCE-beauty1.jpg]
    [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/b1lly/CW-USCE-beauty2.jpg]

Despite the photos, there are 14 discs in this bad boy, and
    the SRP is only $99.92!! That price alone = less that $10 per disc and the actual store price on release day will most likely be only around $80 bucks!

Clicky here for a complete list of features!:

http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/daily_planet/dvd2006/specs-14disc-set.shtml

:DNovember 28 CANNOT get here fast enough!![face_dancing]

2. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    This is really cool! Must start saving money now!!

3. darthgwen

darthgwen Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    This was an unplanned investment. Why does it have to be soooo cool?

4. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Well, it's just cool on principal if nothing else. Besides, I may end up gettting just I, II Donner Cut and SR. Though that still requires starting to save now. :)

5. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    But, but, but...the amount of new extra content in this box set is simply staggering!... :eek:

1. No less than 3 Full-Length documentaries (2 new-to-dvd-including the "You'll believe: Making of a Saga" disc, an all-new, six-part documentary about the original theatrical franchise) exclusive in the Ultimate Box

2. 3-Hour doc on the making of Superman Returns
    3. Complete & re-mastered Fleisher cartoons
    4. 50's Adventures of Superman vs. the Mole Men movie (aka pilot for the TV show)
    5. Original Theatrical Cut of Superman: The Movie making it's dvd debut
    6. Vintage tv specials for Supermans 1, 2, & 3 plus the 50th Anniversary tv special
    7. New documentary tribute to Christopher Reeve
    8. All-new Superman 2 Richard Donner Cut
    9. Complete web-doc series made for Superman Returns
    Plus more!

Couple all that on top of that EXCELLENT price point = SOLD! :D

P.S.> I'll be tossing the copy of Superman IV that comes with this set right in the trash-can!

6. darthgwen

darthgwen Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Like I said.... way too cool! :D I will admit that I wasn't too keen on the idea when I was thinking of it as just four movies... and two of which I didn't care for. But after seeing all of that bonus material.... well, I must admit to a change of heart. So even though I hadn't planned on it, looks like I will be saving up for it. [face_dancing] There are so many cool bonus features, but I can't wait to see the complete & re-mastered Fleisher cartoons.

7. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    For anyone who is 'on the fence' about this set, Amazon has it up for
    pre-order at the unbelieveable price of $69.99 + free shipping!
    (That's $5 per disc!)

You can order it from them here:
    AMAZON SUPERMAN ULTIMATE BOX SET

I'm a firm believer in Midnight Madness myself, so I'll be waiting to get my chubby little hands on a copy from WM on 11/28 @ 12:01! :D

8. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    I got your text message about this!! It's an awesome deal, but the appeal of the midnight run is still very strong. :)

9. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    There might be a chance to get it early from Amazon as well, though...

10. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    That's never happened to me, though. In my past experience, Amazon stuff always gets to me at least a day after street date. With something I'm anticipating this much, I JUST CAN'T TAKE THAT CHANCE! [face_worried] & GOD HELP THEM if it were to arrive damaged in some way! :mad:
    I know, I'm NUTS!8-} Can't help it! :)

Did I just set a record for the amount of smileys in 1 short post, or what?!? ;)

11. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Also, on top of the features you have already listed Bill...each version of each of the Reeve films has a commentary track!!! That includes the Donner Cut!

The commentary on the 2001 cut of Superman: The Movie is still the same one with Donner and Manky from the 2001 DVD, but the theatrical version commentary is with Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spangler. Salkind and Spangler also do the commentary for the Superman II theatrical version and Superman III as well.

Lets also not forget the documentary on the Donner Cut disc, titled "Superman II: Restoring a Vision". Not sure how long that is, but my guess is its AT LEAST 30 mins long. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.