main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Underground's Xanatos Fanfic Challenges (updated 1/17/04 with New Challenge, and my entry)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    And so we set up our dear little thread in hopes of a massive response!

This is of course the place for all challenges issued by Underground Xanatos discussion thread. We welcome you to read, and if you wish, to join in on either writing or dicussing with us. :)

The link to our discussion thread: Underground, Xanatos discussion thread

The first challenge is:

Write a story focusing on the many sides of Xanatos. It would be prefered to include him at his worse and at his best, though not required. The story can be of any length the writer wishes, and can be portrayed in any way.

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wahoo! I'm first! :p Those who are familiar with my work won't be surprised by the mention of a certain Jedi in this. ;) Hope it's kinda what you were looking for Neon

?Please! Don?t kill me! I have a family, children!?

Cold sapphire eyes stared down at the cowering man with disgust.

?Maybe you should have thought of that before you decided to steal from me!? a silky and yet chilling voice hissed.

Sobbing openly, the man peered up at the figure that loomed over his prone form with terrified eyes. He had known that this could very well happen when he made the decision to steal from his former boss. Fired from his job for making a mistake that had caused OffWorld a large sum of money, he had soon found that his name had been blacklisted, making it impossible to find employment anywhere on Telos.

As the days wore on and his children grew gaunt and cried from hunger, he became more and more desperate. Seeing his wife?s gaze that had once held love and respect turn to one of bitterness and disappointment, had pushed him to make the fatal decision.

Now as he stared up in terror at Xanatos deCrion, he wished that he could have that fateful moment back. Tall and muscular, his body moving with unconscious grace, the fallen Jedi was a sight to inspire fear and reluctant admiring glances.

Pale skin stretched over elegantly formed bone structure, deep blue eyes that burned in a face that could only be called beautiful. All offset by a curtain of shimmering ebony hair that fell to a pair of wide broad shoulders.

Easy on the eye, there was nevertheless something about the man that made one draw back. Perhaps it was the dead eyes, or the air of thinly restrained power and violence that seemed to hum through his body. Whatever it was, it was easy to see that he was not a man to be trifled with.

?I beg you! Please give me another chance! I?ll do whatever you want me to!?

Full lips twisted into a cruel snarl, a pale hand clenching into a fist. ?I want you dead. You will serve as an example to anyone else foolish enough to cross me.?

Eyes widening in horror, the man felt his throat begin to close. Hands clawing uselessly at the color of his shirt, his mouth began to open and close as he fought to draw air into his burning lungs.

As the seconds ticked by and his face turned from red to purple to pasty white, the man?s blurry vision remained fixed on the figure who watched him in pleased silence. Head tilted slightly to the side, Xanatos admired his handywork.

?No! Let him go! Daddy!?

The sudden shrill plea from a childish voice, had the darksider?s head snapping around. He watched in anger as a small thin form threw itself at his legs, feet clad in worn boots kicking at him. Releasing the stranglehold he had on his former employee, Xanatos reached down and pried the squirming urchin away.

As the child tossed his head back defiantly and faced him with more courage than his sniveling father had, Xanatos felt the air leave his lungs in a rush of surprise. The face that glared up at him hatefully reminded him of another.

Large blue eyes set in a pale face, cleft chin and a mop of reddish gold hair. Another child, even more alluring than this one had faced him recently with as much courage and underlying fear. A Jedi child who had refused to back down, willing to die for what he believed to be right.

Holding the boy still with a tight grip on one arm, Xanatos reached up and brushed a long finger down a smooth pale cheek. Although he flinched and his bottom lip quivered, the child stared him in the eye.

?Foolish infant. I can crush you with a thought,? Xanatos whispered.

?I don?t care! Let him go!? the boy nearly sobbed, a tear trembling on the tip of an eyelash.

Smiling faintly as he was once again thrown back to that day when young Kenobi had faced off against him, Xanatos released the boy.

?Get out!?

Stunned, the boy?s father merely stared up at him in disbelieving shock. Meeting his stare, t

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I liiiiiiiiiike :D

*goes back smiling to homework* :)

4. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Wonderful OE! :)

~Bek

5. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Muy bien o-e!

6. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Loved it! Did you post it some where else before? 'Cause I have this strange feeling I've read it before...

7. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

I'll post my story tomorrow or the next day. If Darth RL will let me.

8. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek: Interesting little twist, o_e! A nice little story - I must admit, though, I was rather surprised Xanatos let him live. :p

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Jade I'm glad it pleased! :D

Bekah Thanks! :)

Phoenix Gracias! :D

XSOC Nope! Just wrote it. :)

obaona Visions of Obi stopped him! [face_love]

Who's next?

10. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    cool. Xanatos is popular indeed.

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Wow. Very nice, obi_ew! :)

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was lovely OE. I liked that you made Xan rather villianous...well, he is, isn't he! Good job....

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was a very menacing Xan- great job

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Keeper_of_Swords He's my fave, after Obi of course! :D

HHP Thanks! :)

diane A slightly different Xan than my usual. ;)

PK [face_devil] Why thank you!

15. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    very nice, gave me the shivers. :)

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Seraphena That reaction is what I was looking for! :D

* sits and awaits obaona's post *

17. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    *giggles* Thanks, obi_ew. :D One part of this was inspired by your fic, btw. ;)

By the way, has anyone else had trouble with Xan's cursing? :p I had to keep coming up with PG replacements ... :p And unbeta'ed, so forgive any mistakes. :p Um - this is humor, I guess. :p

Here we go. ;)

~*~*~
    Off . . . World
    ~*~*~

I storm down the hall, fuming. And by storming I don?t mean a pretty adjective, or verb, or whatever the hell that is, but I?m angry and I?m letting people know it. The day started bad, and it?s only getting worse. First I wake up with a headache, then I have to kill one of my employees because the idiot had to go and try to betray me. Yeah, smart, cross the Dark Jedi.

Then I learn that Qui-Gon?s coming over. And I don?t mean for a nice chat . . . it?ll probably go more along the lines of him telling me to repent my ways and turn to the spiffy Light Side, and give away all my money. (Oh, fantastic idea.)

As such, I?m storming along the hall to my office so people know to stop bugging me with their stupidity along the way.

I should have known better; that never works with Lilah. The woman either has no fear or no common sense. She?s utterly fearless, and I?m regretting marrying her, even if I did get her old man?s life insurance and assets. And I regret even more sleeping with her. Who says Dark Jedi have no regret?

?Darling! Darling!?

?Not now,? I growl, and move faster. Hope ? aka, my office with a lockable door ? is nowhere in sight.

Lilah manages to catch up anyway. She?s wearing some white frilly something or other, probably something I had my secretary find and give her to shut her up temporarily. And look, she?s got the kid.

Well, our kid. He?s a cute little thing, for those wise in such matters, but he mostly looks like his mother, which doesn?t leave me much hope for leaving the kid my wealth when I die. (Fantastic.) He?s got ginger hair and light blue eyes, just like Lilah, instead of my dark blue eyes and black hair. According to my doctors (who say lots of things which I don?t necessarily believe, by the way), he?s very intelligent, so he got that from me, anyway. They say he?s likely Force-sensitive, too, which is a whole other batch of issues, which I will delay dealing with as long as humanly possible.

Lilah runs beside me, the only way to catch up to my much longer stride. ?Darling,? she pants (and not attractively, I might add ? yeah, she?s a good looking woman, but not when she runs). ?Darling, Obi-Wan misses you!?

I stop suddenly, causing Lilah to overcompensate, and she has to halt and turn back. ?So?? I say testily.

She frowns, like she doesn?t get it. Hell, she probably doesn?t. She doesn?t even really get that I?m Dark Jedi ? read, evil? ?My love . . .?

Still haven?t reached my office.

I sigh and hold out my hands, wondering why I haven?t sent her off somewhere in nowhereland and the kid to some professional nanny. Some sentimentality I have yet to get rid of, perhaps? She happily plops the kid in my arms. He grins at me, a gap where his front teeth should be. He?s just a toddler.

?Now buzz off,? I tell Lilah. She frowns. I add, ?Please.?

She frowns again, then grins and hops away, content that her son is getting quality time with his dad.

Obi-Wan (what ever possessed her to give him that name, anyway? Even if it is growing on me, it still sounds silly) grins up at me yet again, his expression one of pure happiness. Well, what do you know. I readjust his position, so I?m holding him with one arm.

?Da da?? he says.

?Uh huh,? I reply.

He yanks my hair, which is shoulder length and easily grippable with his little hands. I?d forgotten about that. ?Ouch. And that?s Daddy?s hair,? I say, maneuvering his hands away from my hair. He grins at this new knowledge.

Some lackey runs up to me as I continue walking, mentally marking where I am in the building and how far away my office is. ?Sir, sir ??

?What the hell is it?? I say, glaring, and he wilts back, eyes wide and scared. Yep, st

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] [face_laugh] That was wonderfully hilarious and touching at the same time!His interaction with baby Obi was priceless. Chuckled everytime he talked about having to kill someone! :D I do have to curb myself from inserting various curse words when writing Xan and my OC who is his son. :D I loved this obaona ! You truly have a gift. :)

19. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    terrific, just had to laugh at the whole savlation being an office, lockable door. Great job.

:)

20. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
    LOLOLOL!! [face_laugh]
    She doesn?t even really get that I?m Dark Jedi ? read, evil?

?I fully intend on killing you, the Jedi, and obliterate all your stinking ways and dancing in the ruins of the Jedi Temple,? I say threateningly. ?But not today. Dammit, I need my coffee.?
    ~ My favorite lines!

This was so funny! I loved it! Can I put some of it on my sig? Way to go!

21. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    obi_ew: Thanks! :D That's exactly what I was going for. ;) I don't know why I decided to answer this challenge with humor, but oh well. :p And that's good . . . I'm not alone. ;) He really wanted to put some nasty words in there. :p And thank you again! [face_blush] :D

Seraphena: Who wouldn't want to lock out the world? ;) Or shut it off, for that matter. [face_mischief] Thank you! :D

Xeana: Thank you. :D And yes, go ahead. :p

22. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Thanks!

23. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    You're welcome. :)

*giggles at sight of having that line in someone else's sig* :p

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5