main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The UNL Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jediflyer, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm studying International Studies and Spanish, for now at least. I'm a sophomore and I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up

Yep, I'm a Spanish major and I have no idea what I'll do with it. [face_worried]

I love psychology too so I might do a double major. I haven't decided on that yet.

2. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, in terms of poster making, I'm decently proficient with Photoshop so if you need some I'd be more than willing to make them. I'm actually working on making one now since I need someone to help me with my entry in the lightsaber choreography competition we have going at the fanfilms board.

Anyone interested....?

3. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Sorry, I'd be of no help whatsoever :)

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Ooh, sorry, same here. :(

5. rogue_09

Jul 2, 2003
    You can't swing a lightsaber?

Rather, a wooden dowel stuck into a sink pipe? That's easy. I do all the hard work, i.e. editing/rotoscoping.

Your loss, I guess. :p Know of anyone who can?

6. euthanasia

euthanasia Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    so do you have a dowel equiped lightsaber and know any martial arts?

I'm contemplating buying a mini-lathe and some aluminum bars to turn some lightsabers... Although I have to sell a Zx-6 to make space in the garage...

I should introduce myself i suppose,
    I used to work in L.A. as a film an TV online/offline editor. Met my wife here in lincoln when visiting my folks (who live in Omaha). Decided to come back and finish college (which i did a couple of years ago) now im finishing up some pre-med...(in a vain attempt to get into med school).

I used to be an avid scuba diver and martial artist until my wife had a baby, now I'm more the setteled down dad...with lightsabers...
    ok I'm old enough to remember starwars on the big screen in '77 I was seven... and what can i say... I like the production design and art direction of the films. I didn't care for ATOC very much... I'm not impressed with the footage I've seen from ROTS with Hayden and Ewan...I'm hoping to be proven wrong, and get my socks knocked off... bla bla bla I;m babbling.
    I have a 3rd degree Black Belt in Taekwondo...been practicing martial arts most of my life (until i got married) I have a Parks ESB EL Lightsaber on order... contemplating springing for the Parks Obi saber kit http://www.kennertoys.com/users/itbedave/skframeset.html
    (can be fitted with a 3/4 inch wooden dowel...) bla bla I'm crazy about star wars but I have a kid and studies so I want to help you guys out but my time is limited...
    I hope to make it to celebration III but it sounds expensive....like 1500.oo bucks total expensive... hope someone can prove me wrong...

7. rogue_09

Jul 2, 2003
    I know no martaial arts, but I do have a dowel equipped sink pipe, which may or may not become a carbon rod if I can find the site that has them for cheap. (Can't find the link)

I've done choreography in the past. Really, martial arts knowledge isn't required. It's handy, but not necessary. What does matter is practicing the moves enough so you can do it all as second nature at full speed. If you practice what moves you have, you don't need anything else.

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    So John, what did you think of Russ teaching psych today?

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Hmmm... well...

I had a really hard time following him. [face_devil]

10. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yeah, he was pretty random. I couldn't decide if I thought he was funny or just spastic. It was... interesting ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.