main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'The Well Of Souls' - LucasFilm Projects' social thread.

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I do hope you got it in writing. That "they say the'll put me up" is ambiguous at most. Good luck though.

2. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    How's the filming coming along?

3. Empire-Maker

Empire-Maker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2003
    You've heard of the OPPM. Now come and see the Lucasfilms' social thread...Home of the one post per month !!!

Seriously now Adam, it's been four months! How is the freakin' filming coming along? Jon has been more than patient!

4. GREEN_JEDI_ELF

GREEN_JEDI_ELF Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2004
  5. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003
  6. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    I'm never going to know.

Never. :(

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Blows dust off thread.

Let's see if we can get the social thread going again. To start by posting a little information about myself.

I've been a member of TFN since December of 2002 and was an extremely active member of the 3SA. I'm also a huge Indiana Jones and James Bond fan as well as a fan of numerous other film franchises and tv shows. Since the release of Revenge of the Sith I've been most active in the Amphitheatre where I'm please to say my Anakin and Palpatine Opera banner is currently in rotation. I'm also a fan artist and I plan to make Indy 4 posters on a regular basis. You can check out the ones I've already made among others in the Indiana Jones Fan Art thread. Please check it out as there are some good posters in there.

I'm also a full-time college student and I start my final semester at my local community college on Tuesday and I'll graduate in May. I plan to continue my higher education and pursue a career in film making.

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    // Reads the above & sips on a glass of cabernet //

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Where are strippers? It's been three and a half years!

10. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    How about a belly dancer?

[image=http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4963/zetajonesyoungindygx3.jpg]

Young Indy approves as does Michael Douglas.

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Update:

I'm 35, and have been a fan of the Indiana Jones films since my uncle took me to see Raiders when I was 10. That uncle passed away a few months back, and thoughts of him and stuff I did with him as kid (such as seeing Raiders) haven't been far from my mind of late. While my obsession with Indy & other Lucas films hasn't scaled the heights of Star Wars, it will probably overtake it soon enough as I start to grow slightly tired of post-prequel Star Wars activities...

As for the 'real' me, I'm married, with two sons (2 years, 4 years) & a daughter (6 years old), live in Auckland, New Zealand and work for myself in a graphic / web design business, concentrating on the NZ music industry, after spending the first 10 years after University (Bachelor of Engineering) in the winemaking industry.

My, how time flies... ;)

12. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Tomorrow is my first day back to college and my last class doesn't let out until 7:00 PM plus I have morning classes on Wednesday so I won't be here until sometime Wednesday afternoon. My class schedule is such that I won't be around in the mornings Monday through Thursday.

I'll still lurk from the library computers but I won't log in.

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    LOLK. Never tell forum goers when you're gonna be offline.

:p

14. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Everybody disregard what I just said. I'll be here all the time, except when I'm not. [face_mischief]

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I know *that* feeling. :)

16. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    "Open the pod bay doors, HAL" Let's get some discussion up in here. I'm 20 and I go to college. Film is my major. I have fond memories of playing Indiana Jones and Star Wars as a kid (Ghostbusters as well). I'd get my Michael Jordan jump rope and use it as a bullwhip. I has pnemonia when I was 5 and the only thing that mad eme feel slightly better was watching The Last Crusade. So there's an Indiana Jones related story for your posting displeasure.

17. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Well I'm 25 and also a college student. I just graduated from a community college and I'll start at a University this fall. At the moment it looks like I'll be an Art Major (with an emphasis on cinematography) and a Film Studies Minor. I'd rather be going to a film school but this is the best I can do at the moment.

The Real Ghostbusters was the best Saturday morning cartoon of the 1980s.

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've been without power for the last six hours and it has drove me crazy. I was gone most of the day grocery shopping with my mom when we got home to discover the power was out. It was too hot to sit around and wait so we went to town to eat out just before dark. Came home to find the lights were still out. Thankfully the power came back on after a couple of minutes.

I was so worried some major Indy news happened and I was missing it.

19. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003

Personally, as far as the 80's Saturday morning cartoons go, I am partial to Gilligan's Planet.:p

20. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

It was indeed awesome. I watched it on the USA network during the early 90's. I wish they'd release it on DVD. The green Ghostbusters dvd set has two episodes of the cartoon on disc 2.

21. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Some episodes have been released on DVD, five or six per disc I think, but no season box sets.

22. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

In the US? That is wicked! Now we need Back to the Future the cartton on DVD!

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's info about the DVDs from Wikipedia.

On February 28, 2006, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the first of three Real Ghostbusters DVDs for Region 1 (USA). To the dismay of some fans, these DVDs aren't seasons, but rather minor collections of individual episodes. It has been speculated by fans that how well these volumes sell may determine if actual season box sets are released. Also, the original Columbia logo at the end of each episode has been replaced with a modern one.

Volume 1: Creatures of the Night includes "Night Game", "Lost and Foundry", "Bird of Kildarby" and "Killerwatt".
    Volume 2: Spooky Spirits includes "Ghostbuster of the Year", "Revenge of Murray the Mantis", "Drool, the Dog-Faced Goblin" and "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream".
    Volume 3: Slimefighters includes "Adventures in Slime and Space", "They Call Me Mr. Slimer", "Victor, The Happy Ghost" and "Slimer, Come Home"".

The DVD release of Ghostbusters II included two episodes of the series as special features, "Citizen Ghost", a story focusing on events set immediately after the first movie, and "Partners in Slime", which featured the psycho-active slime from Ghostbusters II as well as a brief mention of Vigo the Carpathian.

I saw one at Hastings but passed because it was too few episodes per DVD.

24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm going to unlock this.

Every forum has a social thread. We need one too. Okay, so it's a smaller club than the others, but that can change. Shout out to Gobi-1 for bringing this back a few years back.

Let me restart this:

I'm 36. I sell mattresses for a living. I live in southwest Utah and am a huge history buff(especially American Civil War and Revolution).

So come in and kick back and chat.

25. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Civil War? Have you seen the Ken Burns series?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.