main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The "What did you do today" Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Can't remember what I did. Oh, that's right. Nothing. Sat in the air-condiioning working out how much my optional extras will cost me when I go on my holiday.

Oh, and I booked a ticket to see "Wicked".

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Did 24 loads, shifted 5,500 Tonnes of dirt. Now it's 7.10 and Definately time for bed.

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Yesterday I went for a 30 minute job to the river (in the lovely 37degree heat) and wen diving off the jetty, hoping to knife myself some flounders or flatheads. A few hours later I jogged back home :)

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Spent the night working under the shovel, until it started overheating so we went in for an earlier than usual lunch- 1am instead of 2am. Got back to the truck to the sounds of an airleak.. Pos 4, left hand inner.
    Get it back to the dead line for the tyre bloke to change out "this should take about 3 hours, but will probably be the end of shift".
    Kicked back in the cribhut from 2am til 5.30 then got on the bus back to camp.
    Now to wait and see if I get a flight out or $365 instead [face_frustrated]

5. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's see. Over three days I have strip listed magazine returns for stocktake next week and calculated four employes resignation pay-outs all on top of my work load which had the loss of one day. I had to do a 7-7 shift on Tues. Thankfully I get to have a half day tomorrow.

For now, I get to work out how to cool down the study. It's lovely outside, but a sweatbox inside....

6. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    worked worked worked. Met my quota, passed my quota. Then came home.

[edit: should probably include that I learnt some new processes too.. more than usual, which is good]

7. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Got up. Went to work. Worked 7-11am. Went home. Ate lunch. Watched the end of Cheaper by the Dozen which I fell asleep watching last night. Tried for an afternoon nap, only to be woken by a knock at the door and finding a parcel from amazon.co.uk. Opened by parcel to Queen's A Night at the Opera, and then proceeded to watch the DVD from the CD/DVD combo and swoon at a bare chested Roger Taylor.

*Faints*

8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Went to work, had a great day until mid-day. Had a real pain in the butt customer after that. Came home peeved. Made dinner, went out, came back, crashed.. woke up.. bored..

But tomorrow Im going night fishing on a charter boat! I'm excited, only ever done night fishing from a boat.. should be kickass!

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    can probably add spammed forums to that list too

10. masteroftheforce20

masteroftheforce20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2005
    I had a pretty lazy day today. Just been surfing the web, playing video games, reading and watching some DVD's. It's been good to relax seeing as tomorrow I have an interview for an administrative job which I'm really quite nervous about.

11. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I hurt... reeling in 8kg sinkers from 100m+ deep water, sometimes with a fish on the end, for 6-7 hours... Reminds you what muscles aren't being used in day to day work.

12. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Worked for 9 hrs and had a rubbish lunch (mmm, Cup-a-soup).

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    This week the settlement went through on my house, so today I finished moving in all my things.

My new job is going pretty well and everything else seems to be going good.

And I finally have my computer back ! Just looking at broadband packages at the moment.

14. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Talked to the computer.
    Talked to the printer.
    Talked to the door.
    Talked to the fridge.
    Talked to the chair.
    Talked to the stapler.
    Talked to the pens.

That's pretty much about it.
    They'll be picking me up to take me back to Graylands in a minute...

15. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Went to work, nothing exciting there.

Got paid and then picked up a cheque for the remainder of the homebuyers grant. Not a bad payday.

I would not bother talking to the frdige Nat, it's a liar.

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I made mashed Potatoes!!!!!

17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    :eek: The fridge lies?

Mental note: never talk to the fridge again.

18. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    I ate a Sandwich, then discovered a cure for Cancer.

Pwned!

19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    So far today I have woken up; showered; dressed; done a load of washing; sent a couple of hundred volts up my arm; hung the washing out; done another load of washing; hung that load out and now I'm sitting here. What fun.

20. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Ouch to the voltage.

Got up. Didn't shower or dress. In fact, it's 3.48pm and I'm still in my PJs! :D Been downloading songs for my ipod all day, and hoping that the net doesn't cut me off, cause it's taking forever [face_frustrated]

21. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I borrowed a new psu to get my pc working! yay..

22. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    So what did everyone do today ?

I sat and watched the rain at work, and even found some time to do some work.

23. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Went for a drive down the coast to go to the different beaches.

Oh and also got a call from a producer friend of mine who's producing a promotional video for Rio Tinto mining company. He wants me on for animating so getting ready for that...and because it's Rio Tinto I'll be getting just under $1000 a day for piss easy work! :D

Oh and I also got offered a job shooting a national bike race out around Uluru next month :)

Twas a bloody awsome day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.