main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The works of Karen Miller, Kingmaker, Kingbreaker and Godspeaker Trilogy (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Katana_Geldar, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, exchange rates not lining up evenly is the reason to curse the economy :p

And true. At that price, I'd stop buying (actually, I have pretty much stopped buying - library time).

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Unlocking.

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Yay! :p

So, I just got and read Miller's two newest books, a continuation of the Kingmaker, Kingbreaker duology called Fisherman's Children (Prodigal Mage and Reluctant Mage). I was actually pleasantly surprised. I don't care too much for the Kingbreaker books, but these Fisherman's Children ones were quite good, especially the second. However, just as with Kingmaker, the climax was bloody annoying. I wish Miller didn't cram up so much with journey and then do a "final battle" that lasts 2 pages. Also the randomness of it, just using all the Doranen magic left in Elvado to destroy Morg. Why didn't Barl do that in the bloody first place, when she had enough fully-trained and powerful Doranen to populate a country to use as ciphers, whereas Deenie had scattered fragments of 600 year old power? But oh well. That's my only criticism in what was a less boring read than Kingmaker, and a hell of a lot less religious than Godspeaker :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.