main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Those are some large, uh, "assets" that Marasiah has...

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa!!!

=D==D=

Davy Jones is awesome!!! What a fantastic portrait--perfect capture of this character! I love this (and props to both you and the friend that helped you scan it--great job!)! =D=

The wine glasses look pretty cool (...were those a Christmas gift for another fan...? ;) ), and the sketch of Marasiah is nice as well (you should color that one!)!

And Ive_Got_Two_Legs--for "large assets," we usually peek into Giolon05's Twi'lek gallery! lol! ;)

Great job, TOJP---absolutely loving the Davy Jones piece--that's just fabulous!

FF

3. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    wow your Davy Jones is great! Love the detail

4. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Dave Jones is ambitious TOJP, but you've pulled it off quite well! =D= Good use of strong contrast to create the depth you need to get those eyes right! Since he's such a dark character you could even go into the really high Bs - the 8s and 9s in those crevices around the tentacles.

Excellent work!

5. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Ive_Got_Two_Legs - uh thanks. she dose have some nice "Assets." :D

FalconFan- Thanks and yes the wine glasses are for a fellow SW fan (we call her Chewie). She really liked them when I gave it to her.

Alishu06- Thanks! thanks for stopping bye.

rocketscientist- Thanks for the adivice, I do enjoy a good challenge every now and then. I think I might have to go to the are store soon. sigh, wonderland :)! thanks again!

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Here is my latest. It is also my entery for this months art challenge.

Handmaiden Sabe

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Wow!" That was the first word out of my mouth when this came up! Wonderful! The detailing is great--the headdress, the clothing and makeup...that Kabuki makeup always gives me pause, but you've done a terrific job of showing the face beneath it, too, with the sweeps of shading. Lovely--and the contrasts are getting better and better! =D=

FF

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nicely done!

This drawing has a very animated feel to it due to the subtle shading and loose strokes. I can almost picture this as a rough character sketch for an animated cartoon. It's very simple, yet you still managed to grasp a fair amount of detail and hold onto the likeness. I really like this piece! Great work! :D

9. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Nifty! I really like the shading and work on the headdress. It really gives it a rounded feel. Nice work on the face as well, you really got that trademark blank expression Sabé had at the Gungan meeting down pat. I've always had a tendancy to make her happy or sad in my sketches of her without trying.

10. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    FF - Thanks for your encuragement. I'm glad you think there getting better and better. I thought about going even simpler with the face. but then there wouldn't be any definition with the face. thanks for looking. cant wait to see your up and comming work.

HanSolo29- thanks. I'm glad you like it.

Basement24-
    Thanks. I'm glad that face did turn out the way it did. Mouths are hard to do. I just started with the middle and drew it strait. added the top of the lip and colored it in. the bottem of the lip was mostly just the tab of the makeup. and the rest was shadow from the chin. I wanted to be an invisable line that your eye just creates. thanks for stoping buy and commenting.

lets see what day is it? THE 24TH! :eek: oh no! I have to hury and get my drawing of George done for The Fan Art Studio Class: Version 4.5. I did sujest the topic. what kind of person would I be if it didn't submit something on a topic I sujested.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, seeing that no one responded to it yet, I may have to extend it. So, you may have some more time. But it all depends. We'll just have to wait and see. ;)

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I totally agree with FalconFan: Awesome shading and work on the details! Esp one her clothes, I love them! Or the flowers! [face_love] =D=
    Excellent!

13. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    HanSolo29- well thats good. I was having problems, With the hands!:oops: I also got distracted by another drawing I wanted to do[face_blush].

Chilla- Thank you. I'm glad you like. thannks for stopping bye and taking a look.:cool:

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    So I have been on this painting kick. I really haven't painted that much since High school. but I really enjoy it. Sometimes more then drawing. I took one of FalconFan's drawings and Painted it with Acrylic Paints. I hope you all enjoy it. and Thanks to FF for letting me use her wonderful drawings.

FalconFan's Tahiri Veila "Loyalties Lost"

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa...how pretty is that...? :D How did you do this...? I'm mystified as to how you used the drawing, because it's duplicated almost exactly. I love the colors, and making the b/g vines and undergrowth brown was also a good choice: it's a nice counterpoint to the brilliant green. Just lovely, TOJP! I'm so flattered, and you should be proud of this result!

FF

16. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I love your Indiana Jones drawing, very life-like. All you work is good; I look forward to seeing more.

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    FF- Thanks I'm glad you like. and if you think that one was pritty you should see your Allana picture I painted. I should be posting it later today after I had my nap. *Ugh too earliy of a moring. and yes I'm very proud how these turned out.

BIEREN - I'm glad you like it. I did Indiana Jones a few years ago. it was probubly one of my best ones until I did Davy Jones. I Really pround of that one!

Thanks for stopping by and looking. I always enjoy what other think.

18. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
  19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, nice! I love the two-toned effect for her "baby armor"--the highlighting on it is fabulous, and it looks just like Mama's (in the Essential Guide to Characters photo I used, that is! ;) )! I was given a piece of advice that I'll share now with you, concerning portraits (thanks again, soitscometothis! :p ): try not to rely on "lining" to define features in portraits and faces--they should instead be defined by the light and shadows around them. You did a good job of this, I think, with her mouth/lips--they are more defined by tones, shadows and color, but the rest of the features need the same attention. Of course we need to "put the features down" on the face when we start: when working in pencil, I use my lightest/hardest pencil to very barely sketch them in, then I try to blend all those guide lines into the shadowing that goes ever darker (into things like the crease above the eye, the shadowing under the brows, the shadow under the nose, etc.). The same could be applied in paint: if you start with a sketch on the canvas, then try always to ensure that the features are shaped by shadowing and highlighting, rather than by a line--layer the colors to build the nose out from the face with shadowing, or to deepen the crease above the eye. I hope I'm making some sense--I see a lot of talent in these pieces and am just trying to share some techniques and critiques that have been essential to my own progress as an artist. I do very much love the way you handled the hair--there we see the darker and lighter tones applied to wonderful effect: her head has shape and volume and the hair looks wonderful! I really look forward to seeing more of these--keep up the good work!

Your little "self portrait" is just awesome--in anime/Manga pieces like this, the features are usually defined by line alone, so that works perfectly here. I especially love the hair, and the expression is terrific! Your b/f must be pretty happy with this, I would think!

Looking forward to more! :D

FF

20. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Those are nice paintings--I like the feeling behind the one of Tahiri--good work to both of you, Princess and FF!

Princess, I think your self-portrait anime you turned out great. You really understand the anime style.

21. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    FF - Thank you so much for your advice. I really enjoy your coments. I did have a lot of trouble painting her face. I guess it still needs a little more work. I was kind of scared to go further with the shadowing because I didn't want to mess it up too much. And my BF really likes the drawing I did of myself. he said he wants to color it (I supose I could too). but I'c curious what he dose.

FettFan79 - thanks for stopping by and looking. I do like to draw anime. I have some somewhere in one of my sketch books, they are just not Star Wars. ...Hmmm *the brain is turning*[face_thinking]. I think you just helped me get an idea for my next project. Thanks!

22. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Those are great! I like the colors you choose!
    BTW,what is anime?

23. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    NLSkywalker- Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad you like the colors. I had to think really hard to put the right colors together for Allana's outfit. I wanted it to very similar to what Tenel Ka wore when she was young, and then to get a backround color that would go with it.

Also Anime is A Japanese style of animation. it is characterized by highly stylized, colorful art. they play a few shows on Adult Swim. Hope that helps.

Thanks

24. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006

What is it with you people and drawing cute children/chibi/small... people with chubby cheeks? lol

For the record, the time you took to decide the colors for the girl's outfit were well spent-- she's just adorable! In retrospect, Basement24 mentioned it already. Curse my lack of... opinionatedness.

Speaking of, nice anime representation of yourself! It reminds of a young Mai Shiranui.

25. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks, But I can honestly say that I don't know who Mai Shiranui is. What show is she from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.