main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TheOnlyJediPrincess's Illustrations Backlash Comic adaptation (may 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheOnlyJediPrincess, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    "Shysa was always a magnet for the laidies," said the voice she was dreading. "He got better luck dead then I did alive."
    ~Boba Fett to Jaina Solo in Revelation

This is another scene I couldn't get out of my head from Revelation.

Better Luck Dead...

Enjoy!

2. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hey, that's fantastic! :D I love the mood to this one too, and I can totally picture the scene. You've done an amazing job on Jaina's figure, that looks like a really hard angle to get. Your shading is excellent as always, I especially like the texture on the tree.

Great job! :D

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very luvely, and some people do seem to have that luck for some reason. Though its rare to see one with luck that holds out even after death.

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah...this was a great moment, I agree. Very good atmosphere here--kind of somber, reflective--she's trying to figure things out, coming to terms with how her world is, and how it's going to be from now on... I love the way the helmet looks--all the dents and scuffs (very proper for a proper Mando), and that Jaina is sitting faced away from us, datapad in hand, intensifies that contemplative feel. I also love the body language: her shoulders slumped forward, head rather bowed...she's feeling the weight of what's before her to do (and probably the "dreaded" encounter with Fett, too!)... I really like this a lot!

FF

5. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Glitbiter- thanks so much! it was a little bit of a difficult angle to draw! I'm so glad that the tree turned out. I always have difficulty with trees. I originally wasn't going to put the tree there but it didn't look right with out it.

Mitth_Fisto - [face_laugh] so true! thanks for stopping but to comment!

FalconFan
    - thanks so much! I'm so relieved that her feeling are showing in this moment of solitude.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and taking the time to comment! it means a lot to me!

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    I was looking at my gallery at the DA and noticed that I haven't done a SW peice in a while. I was going to to this is a anime style like the style I am doing my Greek God series in but this was way too much fun to shade and turned out more realistic then planned. This is the second time I have drawen this classic pic of Han. The first one I gave away. However I think that this one turned out better then the first.

Classic Han Solo

Enjoy!

TOJP

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice pose of Han and great work.=D=

8. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks! I'm quite a fan of this pose!

9. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Very good work :) Your shading's getting darker and more confident, I think. The anatomy and clothing folds look fantastic. :D

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That looks great! You did a nice job with the shading :)

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nicely done! :)

I agree that your shading looks a lot more confident and you have a lot of soft, subtle tones going on there, which is nice. I think you're on the right track for the likeness and with a little more work, can really punch it out(really pay attention to the shape, placement and size of the eyes - that's really a clincher when it comes to getting a likeness right). But overall, this is a nice drawing! Well done! :)

12. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    Glitbiter - Thanks! I have been experimementing in useing a veriaty of hardnesses to get the deeper shades.

NYCitygurl - Thanks! :D

HanSolo29 - Thanks so much for your input! I will keep that in mind.

Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by and commented. it means a lot!

13. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    In honor of the Clone Wars movie and in honor of the Aug challenge, I animated one of my favorite pics of Leia.

Animated Leia

Enjoy!

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cool! I love that you can draw her in an animated style; that looks hard.

15. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    It looks incredibly hard! You pulled it off nicely! Great job.

- Serena

16. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    ThanksNYCitygurl and JediXmanSeranaKenobi - It was a fun drawing to do and not as hard as you think!

And now for my next drawing!

Then the place in Jaina's heart that belongs to her brother Jacen begins to warm, and she knows he is standing outside her cabin. She doesn't wait for him to knock. She simply opens the door and and crawls back into her bunk and says nothing.

Jacen comes and sits on the edge of her bed. He doesn't need to ask what's wrong, because he knows-because he is her twin, and he feels it too.

Troy Denning ~Invincible

I drew this in honor of who Jacen used to be.

Scene: During the truce at the battle of Ithor during the New Jedi Order.

Because He Is Her Twin

[image=http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs36/i/2008/244/5/8/Because_He_Is_Her_Twin_by_JediSeeker1.jpg]

17. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    WOOOW!!! What beauty!!! I simply adore Jacen and is always glad to its new images!!! Many thanks!!!

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Your drawings are really good, the Han Solo is a nice classic pose, it reminds me of the pose often seen from the Han Solo Trilogy book series.[face_mischief]

Your Leia is really cute, especially with those big charming eyes that seem to say "What?" while holding that E-11 ready to drop into action any second.[face_laugh]

Because he is her twin is simply amazing for the amount of detail and emotion that is in it. And a nice tribute to the way Jacen used to be, a sweet caring individual that was there for family.=D=

Sorry for not having dropped by in awhile.

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    It is amazing to see that you can do your pencil drawings in so many different styles.

It is hard to say for me which one I like best for each of them is great and portraits the character(s) on them very well.

20. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Ahhh, 'because he is her twin' is so beautiful and emotional it makes me cry. What a perfect illustration of the scene, I love it[face_love]

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, that last one of Jaina and Jacen is too beautiful for words. [face_love] The emotions just leap right out of it. Great work! =D=

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I had to come and comment again, just because this is such a powerfully emotional piece (and I love it!), and such a wonderful tribute to the Jacen-who-was... I love the perspective--just glimpsing him over Jaina's dejected form, stretched out on her bunk; his calm, gentle expression and relaxed posture is so how Jacen was then. Beautiful shading, lovely mood--a most excellent piece! =D==D=

FF

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  24. TheOnlyJediPrincess

Jul 11, 2006
    DarthBellumSolo -Thanks, I'm always glad to contribute a Jacen drawing, well when I can!

Mitth_Fisto - Thanks! I really liked that pic of Han, I wanted to draw it like I did my Leia piece but decided other wise. Sorry for not having dropped by in awhile. It's ok, I have been kind of bad myself about getting to other's threads [face_blush]

AzureAngel2- :D I like to do different styles to keep life interesting and so I don't get bored. It also shows diversity, but sometimes it's hard to switch back, specially when it comes to eyes. Thanks for stopping by!

Glitbiter- [:D] There, there, I know it brings a tear to your eye! Thanks so much! I'm happy you love it.

Idrelle_Miocovani -Thanks So much! [face_love]

FF - [:D] Thanks agin for stopping by to comment!

NYCitygurl - :D

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment! It means a lot to me and really brightens my day! [face_love]

25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, I do different styles because I still try myself out and I always paint when I am overflowing with emotions!

And about brightening one´s day: I love doing that. Spread love and friendship and you get it back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.