main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "These arent the toys your looking for..." - The Official Memphis FF Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I need to stop by Toys B Us soon. My sister wants the Yoda "Unleashed" figure.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I always love to hear that other folks have rooms in their house dedicated to some form of sick collecting! Mine's 'the bat-cave'. Scary, huh? I got a lot of my bat-guanno from a buddy who had 'the bat-shrine'. He got married, moved, divorced, moved, married, divorced, moved- well, you get the picture. Every time he had to relocate I bought stuff from him, or had it given to me for helping him move.
    My Star Wars collection is mostly in boxes in the bedroom closet, or sitting on a couple shelves with my SW videos and books. I'll take a shot of what I do have, or maybe just the really cool or wierd stuff. I do have a couple Darth Vader appearance shots I took at the Fred's Super store when Empire first came out.

Sal- do me a favor and shoot me your email address when you get a chance.

Lin

3. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey peoples I didnt have much luck finding any of the new stuff in Chi-town all I found was the Destroyer droid battle launcher [image=http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/95/51395.jpg] and 2 sets of the clone troopers 3 packs [image=http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/93/51393.jpg] but I did find the Kingdom Come Superman figure and some of the Justice League 10" figures! [note to self: STOP COLLECTING SO MUCH!]

P.S. Tim I dont think the Yoda Unleashed is out yet... But if it is that wave also includes Unleashed Han and Boba Fett from ROTJ!
    [image=http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/83/52383.jpg]
    [image=http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/81/52381.jpg]
    [image=http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/04/51604.jpg]

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey Sal,

Glad your back. Thanks for sending me you addy and the shirt designs.

When I was at Toys-B-Us the other day I saw some of the group boxes of figures- Imperials mostly I think. I have seen the BIG JLA figures (and have the Batman!). I also saw the new Batman line that was Sculpted by The Four Horsemen (same guys that did the latest He-Man figs). I've been waiting for this line to hit- and especially for the Joker figure. No such luck yet. It's all the funky paintjob and flipper ones! Ick! Let me know if you see the Joker, Robin, or regular Batman. I went ahead and picked up the Batman/Superman 2-pak.

5. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey Lin I have seen the Joker and regular batman and I had the batman in my buggie but i left him for the LOTR gift pack... They had them at the new Walmart here on Germantown PKWY. let me know if you want me to check for them since the store is right here close to my home.

P.s. I have been looking for the Batman/Superman 2 pack where did you score those?

6. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Sorry Lin but I went back to Wal-mart and they were gone already but I will keep an eye out for you!

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We gotta go toy shopping in da hood, dawg. I'm sure we could score some prime shiznit at da Mall of Murder.

Word.

Peace, out.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll have to slide by the M.O.M. toys this week. At least I know what to look for, and that they're out there. I think I'm going to have to pick up the big Bats. I really dug Sal's new BladeII figure!

Good hanging out with you and Sal on Saturday. Had a blast! The ride home sucked- was coming off that coffee-caffine buzz and had to pee at the same time- aaggh!

Lin

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Unfortunately, the four shots of espresso in my Caramel Macchiato didn't last too long for me, Lin. I knew I should have upped it to five. Traci called me at 1:10 am, which was at the exact moment I pulled into the driveway. She's not used to her husband running around town with the boys. Of course, knowing her husband and the boys are at toy stores and comic shops instead of Tiffany's or Platinum....

That was only the second time I've been to a comic book shop. I'm glad we made the trip, because it forced me to start doing what I've needed to do for months now- start distributing promotional materials for the group. Maybe we'll gain some new members from the flyers and pens I passed out around town.

I should've bought that Yoda lightsaber for Rachel.

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Geez, he makes me sound like a stalker. 8-}

The only thing I worry about is the size of the Toys R Us bag that he'll bring home and where we're gonna put all the stuff, LOL.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Nope- I only spent about 12 bucks at TRU, for once.

12. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Tim you know those 12 bucks you spent were all the singles you were throwing at the dancers. By the way did you wash off all that glitter that you had on your head?

p.s. I dont think you killed that stripper by shoving all those bills down her mouth it was when I hit her with chair (I must learn the Heimlich maneuver)

p.s.s. We need to keep Lin away from poles!

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Shhhhhh......Sal....You trying to get me in trouble, man? You weren't supposed to say anything about that.

We were at TOYS R US......right? Right.

And that stri... er....nice saleslady survived the blow you gave her with that chai...er...giant Geoffrey the Giraffe, remember?

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Whoa. Just came across this today. Will now pester my husband until he finds one.... ;)

[image=http://www.jadecrusades.com/creations/figures/bfmarajedi.jpg]

15. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    where did ya find that Mara Jade? its a pretty nice looking custom.

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I found it here. It's the "Mara Jade: Jedi Knight" figure listed under Bob Fulwider's name.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "p.s.s. We need to keep Lin away from poles! "

That was no pole, I was just glad to se you guys!

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    T.M.I! T.M.I! I'm tellin' ya....I don't wanna know what happens on Boys Night Out!! [face_laugh]

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    So I guess you don't want to see the video, huh..?

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm marketing that video on our website, you know.

"SMTers GONE WILD" will be available on VHS for $19.95 and on DVD for $24.95.

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    If I were ya'll though, I'd wait for the 'special edition'- the added sounds of Sal screaming like a girl when he falls down this big hole is worth the wait!

(Heh, heh, I said "big hole"...)

22. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I stopped into our local WAL-MART this morning and was able to get the Barriss Offee figure for Sherri and noticed the new Clone Wars figures, which are AWESOME. I didn't buy one though...I had to save that money for The Lion King DVD.

23. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    I need to get that DVD, as well as Season 1 of 'Smallville' and 'Angel', and Season 4 of 'Buffy'! There's a few new horror DVD's that are out I need to snag, as well as some of the 'Stargate' ones.

Well, looks like I'll be hitting Best Buy and Suncoast after Nightmarez is over!

Lin

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I saw a "Special Edition" of Killer Klowns from Outer Space at the big music and video store at Wolfchase and immediately thought of you, Lin.

Those and the Kiss action figures at Spencer.

25. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    I've got the Killer Klown video- but not sure if it's the special edition or not- I'll have to check.

Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.