main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Third Meeting***

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Arwen_Evenstar, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I needed a thread so I could get the info posted on the main page at fanforce.net

After this meeting we will be official, so it is a very important meeting for us :D

We will be meeting at Fazoli's on 45th and Vine at 11:30 AM on Saturday, April 20th.

Please join us!!!

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Ack!! You beat me!! (((Whacks head on desk))) Really, I was just going to make this thread ;) Will be there though! :D

3. Warmaster_TsavongLah

Warmaster_TsavongLah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Um bobafemm said we HAVE TO POST THE MEETINGS BEFORE HAND FOR THEM TO COUNT!!!!

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll ask that girl that's in my group if she would be able to come. I'm not sure if she works on Saturdays....I hope not.......

I know I'll be there.....

We will definitely have to have more than one table/booth.

5. Alanna82

Alanna82 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey, Jedi Liz. I decided to sign up for Fan force. I'm Crisi83's friend. I usually work on Saturdays and Sundays, but usually only until about 6 or 7.

6. Warmaster_TsavongLah

Apr 2, 2002
    :mad: READ MY POST PEEPS ACCORDING TO THE MODERATOR/WOMAN WE HAVEN'T EVEN HAD 1 MEETING!!!!! [face_shocked]

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Warmaster, go to FanForce We have information about the third meeting posted already. Please go there!!!!

You have to scroll down a bit to see it.

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    dude, settle down!!! Posting in all caps is considered shouting, and I'm sure you don't mean to be shouting at us :D

We've had both of our previous meetings posted on the fanforce.net main page, which you can link to from my original post or from Liz's previous post. Don't worry, after this meeting we will be official. Bobafemme didn't know the other two were official because I submitted them to another
    RSA, but she knows that this will be our third meeting. It's ok!!! :)

Welcome, Alanna :D I'm sorry you can't make this meeting. Let us know what days/times work best for you and we'll try to plan accordingly!

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Get this!!! Licoln got kicked off the first page so soon because there are so many events going on in SW fandom. I updated the notice, so hopefully it can be restored.

10. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
  11. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Hi agian.. I know, bad bad me, not checking here lately, just been too busy with work. So when are we having another meeting? Alanna was telling me I need to check on more often. And hi JediLiz! I guess picking the same nickname and sticking with it for 5 years had payed off, people know me now!!! :)

~Crisi~

12. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Hi Crisi. I guess Alanna finally told you about the meeting? Yes, our third meeting is next Saturday @ 11:30 A.M. at Fazolis. Its on Vine street. There is also a GoodWill Store in that vicinity (very close - we just walk across the parking lot). I thought that after the meeting we could look there for costume ideas.

That's another thing we need to figure out at the meeting - costumes.

BTW, I have not called any screen printing businesses (I know, shame on me) because we don't have a logo yet.

I think we should just see if the iron on thing would be cheaper.

13. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Yeah, she kind of mentioned it... she said you sent me a message, but I haven't gotten any from you. Next saturday hmm? Lets see.. darn, thats the day I'm planning an Anime shopping spree in Omaha. Need more stuff to watch. Maybe I can make the next meeting.

~Crisi~

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I sent a private message several weeks ago - in mid march

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, let us know when you can make it and we'll try to adjust our meeting time for your needs. I hope both you and Alanna can make our meeting after this 3rd one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What will our agenda be for the 3rd meeting?

-Costumes?
    -Logo (Deciding on one)
    -T-shirts (probably iron on since its cheaper)

Anything else?

15. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Don't forget the name! ;) Btw, I looking at one of my old Insiders, and in the Jawa Trader, and they were selling Jedi robes! :) Unfortunately they were selling for $60, and that was the only time I had ever seen them. They would be just a little too expensive! But, yes Liz, they do exist!! :)

16. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Unfortunately, the Jawa Trader doesn't really exist anymore. The Insider was taken over by new management (I think Wizards of the Coast). They don't have any costumes on their site at all. And they are too expensive for me, anyway.

I might just do the tunic and the boots....but lets get back on topic.

A Name - we must decide on a name. I'd like to put a poll up - and have every member of the soon-to-be official Lincoln chapter vote for the name.

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    If you are looking for someone to make robes, Obiwannabe (in the Rebel Legion) makes really nice robes/tunics. You can find her at the Rebel Legionboards in the Midwest base. There's also a Central Base, which Nebraska fall under, and a costuming forum where you can ask questions.

18. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Ah, a blooming Fanforce, how nice :)

19. Warmaster_TsavongLah

Apr 2, 2002
    strange....leave us alone we are trying!!!
    :mad:

Ooops I let my temper get me again hehe!
    [face_blush]

20. PrairieDragon

PrairieDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2001
    I would very much be there....

but I have a "driver's safety course" that's taking up all day Saturday.

Perhaps I'll be able to make some other appearance.

21. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I think that was friendly encouragment from a group. :) Nothing intended to anger.

22. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    PrairieDragon, nice to see you around again :)

After this meeting I think it would be best to plan meetings in this forum like we did with the first one. Then we could have more input for times and things to do, instead of just having the people at the meeting decide. Just a thought :)

Pellaeon69187 thanks for your encouragement/support :D and please ignore Warmaster [face_plain]

23. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I am pretty excited about your third meeting. After this, you will be official! :) You might want to check out the FAQs one more time before the meeting, or someone print them out and take them to the meeting.

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    ::::takes out a whip and uses it on Warmaster - get back in your cage now!:::

He's under control now -
    Mistress/Master Arwen.

I agree - we should just plan in the forum. Maybe even a poll with several dates - like May 4, May 7, etc...you know?

I wrote another email to Douglas Theatres - hopefully they'll know by Saturday which theatres are having the movie.

I might just buy a wig and dress like Padme - but with a lightsaber - if I can't find stuff for the Jedi Costume.

25. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    [face_laugh] Poor Warmaster [face_laugh]
    Btw, all of those ideas are great! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.